AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My works...meh..

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

Default Re: My works...meh..

mmm, I like them~ xD
    don't know why but they keep catching my eye a lot~
    mm, question where do you find the tutorials to make them? I anna try to get a diff. style for my own signatures myself ^^;;

as for the L one, it looks good xD

Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

Quote Originally Posted by Hakoshi View Post
    mmm, I like them~ xD
    don't know why but they keep catching my eye a lot~
    mm, question where do you find the tutorials to make them? I anna try to get a diff. style for my own signatures myself ^^;;

as for the L one, it looks good xD
    Hey for tutorials you can look them up on deviant art under the resources section. That's where I usually find them.

And now, after a long break from GFXing and any forum activity in general:

Last edited by illu; 08-19-2012 at 06:51 PM.

3. Likes Ape liked this post
    Senior Member Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Photoshop Monkey
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2016 05:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DontBeScared209 PSN ID: OhHelloFolks Steam ID: ApeorHominid

Diggin the first one, the flow is on point except for in the top right and bottom left corner, but everything around the focal is damn good. I like the use of colors except the orange is a little unfitting, maybe because of the blurriness but it's just as bright, it doesn't seem right. Still I think the coordination of the signature makes up for the subtleties, and overall it's damn appealing to the eye.

The second one is more noticeable with weird little kinks in it that don't quite make the signature pop as much as it could. The background composition is a great idea, I like the idea of the left side being dark and having it's details as well as the right being the bright alternative. Regardless if that was done on purpose or not, it looks great. The noticeable things in the foreground are what takes away from something you started so well at. I like where you started at the bottom of the render with the green, that is solid placement to compliment the render. Even on the right of her, where the red is, it has perfect flow with the render so it's appealing. The text is really unnoticeable in comparison with the rest of what is going on, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It fits in well with the signature, so I actually quite like it. The C4D or part of the render or whatever it is erupting from her shoulder is what takes away from it. It's going into it's own direction and the color mixture of light and dark with no regards to the lighting just makes it seem random almost. If you would have substituted it for a darker C4D, or even some bubble c4d's would have made it complete. The render is also a little blurry in comparison with the background, being sharper then the focal. Give the background a slight blur, and sharpen the render with the C4D's (except for the one in the background) and you would have some solid depth to an already great tag.

All in all, I like the work a lot, but I'd like to see you work on some things. I hope I didn't come off as harsh, I just like to throw out some kind of help if I can. Keep it up, I look forward to more of your work.
    [x]

5. Thanks illu thanked for this post
    Likes illu liked this post
    Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Diggin the first one, the flow is on point except for in the top right and bottom left corner, but everything around the focal is damn good. I like the use of colors except the orange is a little unfitting, maybe because of the blurriness but it's just as bright, it doesn't seem right. Still I think the coordination of the signature makes up for the subtleties, and overall it's damn appealing to the eye.

The second one is more noticeable with weird little kinks in it that don't quite make the signature pop as much as it could. The background composition is a great idea, I like the idea of the left side being dark and having it's details as well as the right being the bright alternative. Regardless if that was done on purpose or not, it looks great. The noticeable things in the foreground are what takes away from something you started so well at. I like where you started at the bottom of the render with the green, that is solid placement to compliment the render. Even on the right of her, where the red is, it has perfect flow with the render so it's appealing. The text is really unnoticeable in comparison with the rest of what is going on, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It fits in well with the signature, so I actually quite like it. The C4D or part of the render or whatever it is erupting from her shoulder is what takes away from it. It's going into it's own direction and the color mixture of light and dark with no regards to the lighting just makes it seem random almost. If you would have substituted it for a darker C4D, or even some bubble c4d's would have made it complete. The render is also a little blurry in comparison with the background, being sharper then the focal. Give the background a slight blur, and sharpen the render with the C4D's (except for the one in the background) and you would have some solid depth to an already great tag.

All in all, I like the work a lot, but I'd like to see you work on some things. I hope I didn't come off as harsh, I just like to throw out some kind of help if I can. Keep it up, I look forward to more of your work.
    No this is great! I'm really rusty and need some pointers on exactly what I'm struggling on. Other people have mentioned similar that you've mentioned here, it only affirms that I need to work on those again. Thanks for the CnC!
    Last edited by illu; 08-19-2012 at 10:11 PM.

7. Likes Ape liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information