AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The murder of Trayvon Martin - The murderer is STILL not arrested!!

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Exclamation The murder of Trayvon Martin - The murderer is STILL not arrested!!

Florida police have released eight chilling audio tapes of the 911 calls linked to the tragic death of an unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, who was allegedly killed by neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, on February 26.

These tapes reveal shocking audio of a man, presumably 17-year-old Martin, screaming for help and gunshots. That horrific night, neighbors called 911 to report hearing the two men fighting and their phone calls captured the disturbing final moments of the teen's life.

To hear the chilling tapes, click here.

In the first audio tape, we hear George Zimmerman's initial call to police to report a "suspicious guy" walking through his neighborhood. He continues: "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something ... He's just staring, looking at all the houses. Now he's just staring at me... Now he's coming toward me. He's got his hand in his waistband... These a--holes always get away... Sh-t, he's running."

At that time, the operator asks, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman replies, "Yes." The operator tells him, "We don't need you to do that."

In a second audio tape, while a female caller talks to the police operator, one can clearly hear someone crying out for help, followed by a gunshot which silenced those pleas. On other tapes, the callers piece together the scene happening just outside their homes. One man tells the police operator: "They're wrestling right in the back of my porch. There's a Black guy down. It looks like he's been shot and he's dead."

Another caller describes the event: "Someone was screaming 'Help! help! help!' Then I heard a gunshot."

Zimmerman, the volunteer neighborhood watch captain who admitted to shooting Martin, has not been arrested or charged in the fatal shooting.

Read more: http://www.essence.com/2012/03/17/tr...#ixzz1pZSBtwZk

Why in Gods name isn't Zimmermann arrested yet???!

edit: That was clearly not self-defence!

----------------------
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...udents-charges
    Last edited by SuXrys; 03-19-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: The murder of Trayvon Martin - The murderer is STILL not arrested!!

It's a pity that this is not receiving as much attention from the media as things I couldn't care less about (for example, Romney or Santorum's poll numbers). Most of friends don't even know what's going on, but those who do know believe that Zimmermann is at fault, to which I concur. We'll just have to keep following the news and see what happens next...

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    It's a pity that this is not receiving as much attention from the media as things I couldn't care less about (for example, Romney or Santorum's poll numbers). Most of friends don't even know what's going on, but those who do know believe that Zimmermann is at fault, to which I concur. We'll just have to keep following the news and see what happens next...
    I really do hope that people think that he is at fault... At this point I don't see how he possible couldn't... To kill a young boy that had candy in his pockets and was crying and screaming for help isn't in my eyes to act in "self-defense". That was nothing else then cold bloody murder from a sick and twisted man, I want to see him arrested as soon as possible and I am beyond annoyed at this point that he isn't. I am annoyed that the wheels of the law departments are moving so slow. If it was a black man shooting a young white boy - then I think it would've looked different!

Gggaaaaaaah!!

Do you know if Zimmermann is still living in his house? Or do he temporarily lives at another place?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think he went elsewhere, at least for a short while. Allegedly people have been making death threats towards him.

The police department down there is leaving it up to the county/state attorney or whatever to decide if he should be arrested. The positive, is that position is an elected one (at least in the state I live in), and if that person wants to keep to his cushy seat, then he will press charges and issue a warrant for Zimmerman.

I feel so bad for the boy's parents and the rest of his family. They worked so hard to raise him up to be a good kid, only to have him ripped away from them. I seriously hope that at least something good comes of this, for their sakes.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    The police department down there is leaving it up to the county/state attorney or whatever to decide if he should be arrested. The positive, is that position is an elected one (at least in the state I live in), and if that person wants to keep to his cushy seat, then he will press charges and issue a warrant for Zimmerman.
    That is good to hear, even if I don't understand why it should even have to go that far. It seems to clear to me that it wasn't self-defense... This is just so insanse. I am just sitting here, shaking my head, and can't get that poor boys cries and screams for help out of my head. This whole story and situation is just beyong horrible. It's so insane.

Do they talk about this case a lot?

I feel so bad for the boy's parents and the rest of his family. They worked so hard to raise him up to be a good kid, only to have him ripped away from them. I seriously hope that at least something good comes of this, for their sakes.
    Yeah I know what you are saying. Hopefully this will atleast opens some eyes, atleast that is what we all can hope for. However I don't think that his family will stay at that place for so much longer. If my kid was killed on my street I think I would wanted to move away from there as soon as possible (even if the neighbour got arrested). They won't even be able to go to the store anymore, or go out for a walk on the street anymore without getting reminded on what happened...

Do anyone knows btw for how long Trayvon had lived there? It says in the article that he lived there together with his brother, father and stepmother, but then he was perhaps new there? Or why else didn't the neigbour knew who he was?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Do they talk about this case a lot?
    I don't know about local news, but the national news has new bits and pieces up every couple of days. It's mostly leaning towards fallout/rage at the social injustice...

Do anyone knows btw for how long Trayvon had lived there? It says in the article that he lived there together with his brother, father and stepmother, but then he was perhaps new there? Or why else didn't the neigbour knew who he was?
    I'm not too sure, I got the impression that he had been visiting for a week or so. You would think that with a loopy neighborhood watch captain that they would have made it known to him that the kid was going to be around. Then again, that could have been why the guy started up on him that night.

Some people have been giving the others neighbors flack for not physically intervening and such, but it would not surprise me if that guy didn't have them a little leery of him. Especially since he carries a gun with him.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

--> My AF album

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ugh. The system of justice these days...

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Actually George isn't even a registered Neighborhood Watcher

Zimmerman violated major principles of the Neighborhood Watch manual, ABC News has learned. The manual from the Neighborhood Watch program states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers. And they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles."
    According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch program, there are about 22,000 registered watch groups nationwide, and Zimmerman was not part of a registered group, which police were not aware of at the time of the incident.
    I've been following this story as it progresses. The florida justice system is corrupt as can be. Like my local county sheriff a few years ago managed to pull off a hit & run in his patrol car as well as being under the influence at the same time... Did he lose his job? No... Did he get re-elected?? Yes.. It's because he lets people off the hook and in return since they are debeted to him they vote him back in office... Now after about 15 or so years being my counties sheriff he now works in some police thing for the state of Fla... Scary thought eh?

Poor kid... I get saddened every time I hear about him...

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

9. Likes KageNoNeko liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    [COLOR="#ffc0cb"]
    I've been following this story as it progresses. The florida justice system is corrupt as can be. Like my local county sheriff a few years ago managed to pull off a hit & run in his patrol car as well as being under the influence at the same time... Did he lose his job? No... Did he get re-elected?? Yes.. It's because he lets people off the hook and in return since they are debeted to him they vote him back in office... Now after about 15 or so years being my counties sheriff he now works in some police thing for the state of Fla... Scary thought eh?

Poor kid... I get saddened every time I hear about him...
    I get so tired to read things like that that I almost get headache. This whole story isn't just corrupt, it's racist aswell. I don't know so much about Zimmermann but I assume he was living alone?

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Some people have been giving the others neighbors flack for not physically intervening and such, but it would not surprise me if that guy didn't have them a little leery of him. Especially since he carries a gun with him.
    At the same time I think it's hard to run towards someone that has a gun (if they now say that), it takes a lot of a person. But for example in one of the videos you could hear a call to 911 from one of the neighbours, you could hear trayvons screams in the background while that woman was talking to the alarmcentral. You think someone could atleast have looked what it was about.. it didn't even seemed like she knew about the pistol.

But at the same time I don't know what I would have done in a situation like that. I hope I will never have to think about that either.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

ABC News was there exclusively as the 16-year-old girl told Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump about the last moments of the teenager's life.
    "He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."
    Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.
    "Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."

Trayvon's phone logs, show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on scene.
    Apparently he'd been trying to get away from this guy.. The guy is clearly racist without a doubt... If it's been a white kid I'm sure things would've been different.. Not only this but the guy has called a 911 line about 50 something times as false alarms... He should be charged on that alone for persistently calling the police.I also read somewhere that the guy had tried to get into the army and the police forces and other places but was denied since he was mentally unable to serve. It seems to me is that he's a wanna be justice bringer to judge jury and execute all on his own.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2017 11:11 PM
    Threads

The other thing that is really crazy about this case is the law that Florida has about self-defense. Critics of the law call it "Shoot first, ask questions later" law.

How did he became a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain?????????

I hope the family is able to sue the dude if Florida doesn't charge him, but the good thing is that the Federal government is getting involved.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KageNoNeko View Post
    The other thing that is really crazy about this case is the law that Florida has about self-defense. Critics of the law call it "Shoot first, ask questions later" law.
    What exactly do you mean with the law? Is the law about self-defense in Florida different from other places?

I hope the family is able to sue the dude if Florida doesn't charge him
    In worst case scenario that he won't be arrested for this, will the family be able to sue him for something? What?

If the police is letting him go because fo the "self-defense" (which it clearly wasn't, considering the recorded voices/sounds exc), then I guess the family can't sue him for murder either? Or can you sue someone for murder? I don't know much about the system in America...

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    What exactly do you mean with the law? Is the law about self-defense in Florida different from other places?

In worst case scenario that he won't be arrested for this, will the family be able to sue him for something? What?

If the police is letting him go because fo the "self-defense" (which it clearly wasn't, considering the recorded voices/sounds exc), then I guess the family can't sue him for murder either? Or can you sue someone for murder? I don't know much about the system in America...
    I don't know much about the Florida gun law, unfortunately. Just that it is pretty different from my home state (and many other states): We can't go around shooting people unless our own life is in mortal danger. As in someone is pointing a gun at you, or someone else. If they have their arms full of your stuff, or are trying to avoid you, then no, you can't shoot them without serious legal ramifications.

The family can sue Zimmerman for wrongful death in civil court. I don't know how much, if any money, they could expect to get out of it, however.

--> My AF album

Moderator BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Raccoon Jade Disc Soul Eater Soul
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2020 12:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Blugrutori

i really feel bad for Trayvon because he should have not died because he had the right of self defense because he should have not been followed by tat stranger, all trayvon wanted was a drink of tea and a bag of skitteles!!! D:

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is it just me, or does Zimmerman get whiter in every photograph?

Just an observation.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't know much about the Florida gun law, unfortunately. Just that it is pretty different from my home state (and many other states): We can't go around shooting people unless our own life is in mortal danger. As in someone is pointing a gun at you, or someone else. If they have their arms full of your stuff, or are trying to avoid you, then no, you can't shoot them without serious legal ramifications.

The family can sue Zimmerman for wrongful death in civil court. I don't know how much, if any money, they could expect to get out of it, however.
    But they can still do that even if he isn't arrested by the police (if the police now thinks it "was self-defense")?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Angelic Anathema View Post

Just an observation.
    Are those pictures from newspapers?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

That's just the media persuading you quite well actually that the law is any different. I'm impressed people in the media actually fall for it. It's actually the same here, no different. I've never heard anyone call it the "Shoot first, ask questions later" law. I mean if this was the case then wouldn't we all gone and killed each other already? Yeah, that's what I thought. It's just that our protective services are SH*%! They bought the guys excuse and many people believe that he has ties [family/friends] in the police force for his county. To their eyes the black kid was the one that started the trouble and they didn't have to question anymore.

It had nothing to do with our gun laws.

In fact I'm going to quote you the law and let you see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDA'S GUN LAW ON SELF DEFENSE
    A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
    Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
    Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

Q. What if someone uses threatening language to me so that I am afraid for my life or safety?

A. Verbal threats are not enough to justify the use of deadly force. There must be an overt act by the person which indicates that he immediately intends to carry out the threat. The person threatened must reasonably believe that he will be killed or suffer serious bodily harm if he does not immediately take the life of his adversary.

Source:http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/wea...f_defense.html
    You have to be in danger or in a dangerous situation OR in a situation similar to someone claiming they have a bomb strapped to their chest and are threatening your life. But since you have no proof you fear and have to respond to their demands for your own life... That's how the law works.. The media is always trying to change stuff.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 03-23-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added in the source for the gun law

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've had some conversations with people on this story, and much of the confusion of how the guy wasn't arrested seems to be coming from not knowing the basic facts around the case.

This event didn't happen in the middle of the Nevada desert, there were a few people that witnessed parts of it.

What the police were told by the witness was that they came outside to see Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, beating the older man, and that Zimmerman was yelling for help. The witness then went to call 911 and heard the gunshot.

The police reported that when they arrived Zimmerman's back was wet, and he was bleeding from the nose and back of the head.

In Zimmerman's version of events Trayvon attacked him, and he's the one on the tape yelling for help.

Hence why he wasn't arrested.

The questions that should be addressed in my mind are:

If there were any schenanigans with the police investigation. Perhaps the witness was a good friend of Zimmerman's and so the police should have investigated more carefully or something. Also it isn't clear from what i've read that anyone actually claimed to see who threw the first punch. If not that might have been something they could have and should be looked into more.

Then there is the legal angle of if Zimmerman should have some liability in all this, even if Trayvon attacked him, because he had been following and verbally accosting Trayvon.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 03-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Then there is the legal angle of if Zimmerman should have some liability in all this, even if Trayvon attacked him, because he had been following and verbally accosting Trayvon.
    You mean like Zimmerman should get a lower sentence?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Angelic Anathema View Post

Just an observation.
    Using advanced computer extrapolation, I've deduced that this is the picture media will be using in a few weeks

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

22. Likes sunnyside liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

@sunnyside Have you listened to the tapes. He's called dozens of times. First time he said kids where playing in the street. Then in the audio where he says a racial slur he says there where break ins in the neighborhood. If that was the case he would have called and complained about that and not kids playing in the street. There's also the fact witnesses said they heard a teenager scream. Couple that with the fact that he followed the kid and uttered a racial slur, to the guy taking the call and you don't have a very intelligent individual. And I doubt the kid attacked him as nothing I read said the gun was concealed. You're not gonna punch a guy with a gun. No, at the time of the shooting he was very much in control of the situation because of the gun. The evidence is pretty damning against him. Which goes to show how messed up the legal system is because he's not behind bars.

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2017 11:11 PM
    Threads

In my last post, I believe I probably should have been more clear that critics of the law call it "Shoot first, ask questions later."

Also, it has been mentioned by the attorney for Martin's parents that he was talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone around the time this happened. His girlfriend told the attorney that Martin was trying to lose someone who was falling him and wasn't going to run or anything like that. She also told the attorney how that phone called ended after someone else talking to Martin and then Martin asking that person "Why are you following me?" If his girlfriend is correct in her memory, it would show that Zimmerman probably was the aggressor.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In my last post, I believe I probably should have been more clear that critics of the law call it "Shoot first, ask questions later."

Also, it has been mentioned by the attorney for Martin's parents that he was talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone around the time this happened. His girlfriend told the attorney that Martin was trying to lose someone who was falling him and wasn't going to run or anything like that. She also told the attorney how that phone called ended after someone else talking to Martin and then Martin asking that person "Why are you following me?" If his girlfriend is correct in her memory, it would show that Zimmerman probably was the aggressor.
    Some of the residents who called 911 claimed that officers corrected them while they were giving statements to the cops, making them say that Zimmerman was the one yelling for help. They also supposedly sent a narcotics detective, instead of a homicide detective like they were supposed to. And yesterday, Bill Lee claims to have "temporarily resigned", whatever that means...

--> My AF album

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh my God... Just imagine how she must feel right now... -shrugs-

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Some of the residents who called 911 claimed that officers corrected them while they were giving statements to the cops, making them say that Zimmerman was the one yelling for help.

They also supposedly sent a narcotics detective, instead of a homicide detective like they were supposed to.

And yesterday, Bill Lee claims to have "temporarily resigned", whatever that means...
    Links to this please ~

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, lawd. So, before I passed out last night, it was brought to my attention that there's a person on deviantart who seems to be claiming that the reason Zimmerman hasn't been tried, arrested, and castrated is because the justice system is built on white supremacy. Link

I'm just going to quote somethings.

1. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman is white or not. The fact is that the only reason crimes committed against Black people are not taken seriously is because of white supremacy. A person does not have to be white to act in favor of white supremacy; people of color who do this have internalized a lot of "whiteness is best"
    She says this after stating that Zimmerman is without a doubt white. Can I hear backpedal? While what she says is true(black people, hispanics can be white supremacist), it is really unlikely that Zimmerman's line of thought was: Look, a black kid. White people are best, I must shoot him.

2. "Whiteness" =/= White people. "Whiteness" is a construct that refers to white supremacy. Do you associate "blackness" with black PEOPLE? "Yellowness" to Asian PEOPLE? All people are X color (adjective) PEOPLE, not X color (noun). This is basic linguistics here. If you are associating just the color construct with real people, you have some mental unpacking to do about why you make those associations.
    I'm not really sure what is being said here. White people(Caucasians) are generally referred to as white, black(African American) as black(sometimes brown), and everyone else is generally varying shades of brown to white. I've never seen a yellow Asian. Anyways, White Supremacy is the belief that white people(Caucasians) are better than everyone else. Whiteness is a word people use to gauge the amount or intensity of white presented. Police don't say, he presented a lot of whiteness, they say he's a white supremacist. I don't see why we're making up words.

3. Stop sending me notes and comments on my frontpage, I have no interest in using a child's murder as a debate platform. On any other day I would happily discuss these things, but stop disrespecting someone's death to "make some counter arguments."
    But she's more than willing to engage in white guilt. I don't really see why she's complaining. They're treating Zimmerman as they would a white dude, better in some cases. Can you imagine the media circus this would have been if Zimmerman was white? Oh, wait.

Note: I really don't care about the case. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm rather pleasantly carpet on the subject. The excrement storm it has caused brings up several things that are fun to comment on.

Closed Thread

Thread Information