AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Me Find a New Anime!

Junior Member animenoob123 is on a distinguished road animenoob123's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2013 04:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Help Me Find a New Anime!

Hi there! I'm practically brand new to anime and have only started watching it in the past few weeks. But what I've seen so far has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to watching more.

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me find a new anime to watch. I've thought about what I'd like to see in the next anime and have written a short list detailing these guidelines in the hope that anime fans would have some great suggestions. I've watched Sword Art Online and Love Hina, so those are out of the running, but there are hundreds if not thousands of animes out there so I'm sure I'll be able to find one just as good as those two.

1. The anime should be in English dub. I prefer to watch and focus on what's going on rather than reading subtitles.

2. It should be able to be streamed free online, preferably on Anime Tycoon.

3. Comedy and sexiness should both be present but used intelligently and within reason. Love Hina did this really well in my opinion.

4. A well-constructed romantic sub-plot is a must and should affect the over story in one way or another.

5. The story should involve between two and four main characters who interact with each other throughout the story. These characters should be assisted by minor characters when needed.

6. Fantasy/sci-fi/supernatural/magic are all great themes!

7. The overall story should (while having an immerse world) focus more on plot and character development than anything else. The more I'm invested in the characters and their goals, the more I'll enjoy the series. I should be able to cheer when they cheer and shed a tear when they do too.

8. It would be interesting to see the characters interact in an institution such as a school, but expansive worlds like that of SAO do tend to be more interesting. Maybe a combination of both?

9. The overall length of the series should be no greater than thirty episodes. That would make it an 'average' length, if average even exists when it comes to the length of an anime series.

10. The series should have finished airing so I can watch all the episodes to my heart's content.

Well, that's the end of my list of suggestions. Hopefully I'll be able to find another fantastic anime that I can really get invested in! Thanks for your help

Senior Member Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Soul Eater Soul Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2019 03:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Silicone Kingdom

Heavens lost property..

Junior Member animenoob123 is on a distinguished road animenoob123's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2013 04:59 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Help Me Find a New Anime!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out and maybe watch an episode or two (:

Does anybody else have any ideas?

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Welcome to the forum, @animenoob123

There is Zero No Tsukaima (I think I spelt that right) it has multiple seasons though, so overall it does go over 30 episodes, but you may like it.

Chobits, If i remember correctly there is no school, but I think it covers everything else you mentioned.

Full Metal Panic, also has multiple seasons, but definitely worth it.

Maid-Sama

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

You may like Ookami-San, but I think it may lack the sexy you are looking for though.

Hope these are what you are looking for. ;3

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Junior Member kaisune_kitser is on a distinguished road kaisune_kitser's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2014 06:15 PM
    Threads

Inuyasha is the one im watcging and it has a little of everything you asked except it totals about 200 episodes ^^;; a girl from thebpresent day falls down a well and travels 500 years into the past, where her, a demon hunter, a preist, and a half demon search for the sacred jewel. Love triangles, death, comedy, and a lecherous monk too

Junior Member Zeno Gomeii is on a distinguished road Zeno Gomeii's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2013 12:21 PM
    Threads

Beets the vandal buster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information