AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cold world lately, what do you think

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 05:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

Default cold world lately, what do you think

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45872291.../#.TwU7DHpZhnQ
    This article is horrendous to think about. I've been thinking about asking this question for a little while now but now i will i guess.
    ----I've just been wondering what everyone thinks of the world lately?-----
    It just seems to me that people are getting colder throughout the world. People dont help as much as they could or just not at all and solely watch out for themselves. I see people reach out for help online every once in awhile, maybe it might not be that bad, but they just want someone to talk to or they don't feel comfortable discussing it with people they may know offline.. Ya know, just like, not wanting to feel left alone with their thoughts if they are feeling sad. I mean would it kill you to just have a little side conversation going on with her/him, I'm sure they wouldn't say THAT much if they were feeling all that sad if you are really worried about your PRECIOUS time.
    There's things like that and just stuff like the link i put above that i see everyday..... Maybe I'm just upset about it more since i learned my friend tried to kill herself the other day... or maybe I'm just rambling about nothing here.. whatever it is, I've been kinda upset about everything lately even if i don't show it

And by no means am i trying to start a help me with my problems or pity me thread, i just want a little discussion. I guess i don't care if no one even posts or if no one notices it, just getting my thoughts out there i guess. And the link is just an example of the point I'm trying to make i guess..
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Senior Member Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 03:56 PM
    Threads

Default Re: cold world lately, what do you think

I totally concur, the world is getting colder and colder by the day. People seem to care less about eachother and more about themselves. Reading the article made me feel seriously disgusted, knowing that there are people out there that value the life of a fellow human being like that.

People really don't seem to think that every human being has lived a life just like yourself, and treasure it the same way you do.

3. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

Reminded me of that Chinese child (girl) that got run over by cars several times on a row and no one did a thing.
    It just surprises me that this surprises people. If you take a look outside... it happens all the time.
    Not just hit and run accidents, but all kinds of cruel things.
    Who knows... maybe the man next door touches his own children when the mother isn't home.
    I can think of all kind of sick things that you might not wanna think about.
    I agree what Konkulf said. People care less and less about others, they care more about themselves.

5. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Senior Member vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Strawberry Bleach Zangetsu Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2023 09:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah I agree.
    These things happen more and more and people just disregard it.
    I mean the other day, I was coming back home by car when the car in front of me knocked a motorcycle over and kept going.
    The woman who was riding the motorcycle was crying in pain but the driver sped on.
    My dad stopped our car and went over to see if she was alright.
    Previously Darkfire Knight....

7. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I gotta agree with you guys that everyday it seems that moral values are just nonsense to every people.
    I always see tons of news about people do this, that and sometimes I get the feeling that everybody's loosing their value of life.

Senior Member Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 03:56 PM
    Threads

Seriously, just saw this on the news:

- A mother tried to discipline it's 1 year old child by sticking it's head down a bucket of water (upside down), while the husband was watching the scene directly over the internet... The child died of the "discipline" (abuse).

What is wrong with people..Seriously...

Member ChaosShadow1 is an unknown quantity at this point ChaosShadow1's Avatar
    Dead
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Be Mine
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 09:03 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmmmmmmm........the world will end because of me remember that everyone
    alone...lost my kamiki...alone forever...i hate love..

Senior Member Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Wolf Ouran Patch Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2012 07:05 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have suffered so much because of those who hate for fun. They do it for fun without regards to anothers feelings. This all started back in the Roman times or earlier. if humans never existed, the world would be better

Dead
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

do you trully believe that..........because i agree with you my friend

Senior Member Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar has a brilliant future Xian Jaguar's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

yes, i believe that. i think outside of human relativity. What rules me is Law of the Jungle and the Void

Dead
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

sounds interesting..........maby we humans should be more like dogs......at least then there would be peace most of the time

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i am a kitsune, a fox spirit

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So, this happen in Philadelphia people can just say "Aw this is tragic, I hope those people get caught" whereas if it happens elsewhere they blame that whole entire race. Now what do you call this...?
    I won't be a complete jerk to say "Americans are heartless!" it goes to show it happens everywhere and it's very sad and horrible it happens to her. So, again it happens world wide and those people better pay for it.

Senior Member RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Vader Lighter Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2012 09:28 AM
    Threads

Lately I have felt I have no-one to talk to about my depression, my fiancé doesn't understand the illness and has an opposite outlook on life, so I've felt distanced and alone lately, but at the same time, think of the good.

Think about the people who volunteer to sit at suicide hotlines.
    The people who volunteer at charities.
    The people who will do anything to save a life.
    The people who stop driving to let you cross the road.
    The people who hold a door open for you.
    The people who go to extreme lengths to make you smile.
    The people who give others money when in need.

Yes, more and more people are thinking about themselves instead of others, but that just makes the people who are kind all the more special.

18. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes blueangel06661, .Miki~, aerophobia liked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

its funny how ironic people think of depression. those who are afflicted by the illness suffer a lot. then other people are just telling them to grow up and get on with their life. it aint that simple to shake free of depression. it's like a parasite you cant kill

20. Thanks .Miki~ thanked for this post
    Dead
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i was once greatly depressed but that was long ago so if you a friend ill be there for you most of the time

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i'm always depressed. its not cuz i want top be, its stupid chemical imbalance of Serotonin

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kitsune View Post
    its funny how ironic people think of depression. those who are afflicted by the illness suffer a lot. then other people are just telling them to grow up and get on with their life. it aint that simple to shake free of depression. it's like a parasite you cant kill
    I understand completely with what you said... most people don't understand depression at all... i was surfing youtube the other day when i posted this thread and i was on a video for the song hero by:superchick. Obviously the topic of the song addresses excessive bullying and thats what is going to end up being discussed in the comments as well as just general depression feelings... A girl posted saying that she had tried to kill herself because of how much she was bullied, and then coupled along with a nearby comment of "bullying sucks. when i finally seek help, they ask me "why didn't you fight back?" and it nearly broke me. why tell me i can tell you anything and you'd support me when that was a lie..." It happens all the time and it makes me sick to my stomach that people act like this. I just look at the first post and the second one and see, well if she reached out im sure she would have ended up getting that other statement from someone or somewhere....

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chiisanae View Post
    Reminded me of that Chinese child (girl) that got run over by cars several times on a row and no one did a thing.
    It just surprises me that this surprises people. If you take a look outside... it happens all the time.
    Not just hit and run accidents, but all kinds of cruel things.
    Who knows... maybe the man next door touches his own children when the mother isn't home.
    I can think of all kind of sick things that you might not wanna think about.
    I agree what Konkulf said. People care less and less about others, they care more about themselves.
    I think thats ever more heartless than the article i posted.... *sigh* where is the world going to nowadays...
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

this is a cruel world. in 3rd world countries, it's a simpler but a better way to live

Because of such bullying, selfworthlessness, hatred and other such things, I tried 49 times to kill myself,, but i keep chickening out. when i tell people all this they say, you're an idiot and telling me to grow up. its why i don't trust anyone anymore (not even my own parents).

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    Threads

Solution:

26. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes .Miki~, Derrick, aerophobia liked this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kitsune View Post
    this is a cruel world. in 3rd world countries, it's a simpler but a better way to live 1

Because of such bullying, selfworthlessness, hatred and other such things, I tried 49 times to kill myself,, but i keep chickening out. when i tell people all this they say, you're an idiot and telling me to grow up. its why i don't trust anyone anymore (not even my own parents).2
    1: Oh sure, if you like the always looming threat of starvation, disease, political upheaval, and camera crews coming to films the poor starving kids with the Christian dude.
    2: Baww, my parents told me to grow thicker skin because my hypersensitivity to other peoples opinions made me almost kill myself forty-nine times. I'm so deep and emotional.

Good lord, it's like the spring crop of emo-tweens came early this year.

28. Dislikes aerophobia, Xian Jaguar disliked this post
    The Fallen Dream™ shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 03:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Desert Scout PSN ID: DetraUnited Steam ID: DSRTscout

Who knows? I follow by a simple saying, "The world is what you make of it". Everyone has a different view on how the world is now-a-days (of course that still doesn't exclude the fact of reality). But hey, if my life is good, then I will enjoy my life and do my part to help in even the slightest way to make the world better for those now and for future generations.
    "An inspiration of faith and science only to be shunned...is called a Fallen Dream"

^Thank you Karuto^

Senior Member RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Vader Lighter Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2012 09:28 AM
    Threads

Depression is a hard thing to deal with. At the end of the day, it is about toughening up, but that feels near impossible. I mean, it's easy enough for me to say it, but I still struggle. It's not about hiding your emotions, and toughing up sounds, but more about being braver about talking about them, something that I need to do. A lot of the time, parents don't understand, because we assume they should understand with little information about how we're actually feeling, we get frustrated when a solution isn't immediately given that will immediately cure all problems. There are a lot of ways to balance serotonin, chocolate replaces it, doing things you love do it, talking to friends does it, and even just sitting there, thinking does it. The key thing to do when you feel an impulse to hurt yourself, or to even go as far as killing yourself, is to stop and think of the things you'd miss about living, the games you need to complete, the anime series you haven't finished yet, the drawing you've always wanted to draw, the book you have been putting off reading, fight your impulses and go do the things you have been putting off, after you've done that, I'm pretty sure you'd be in a better mood. This is something I'm still learning to do, as impulses are impulses.

I always feel happier when I find someone else saying exactly how I feel, especially if they do it from an afterpoint, where you see them getting better.
    I do highly recommend reading this if you know someone with depression, or, you're like me and like to see other people understanding your feelings.

31. Thanks blueangel06661, aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    1: Oh sure, if you like the always looming threat of starvation, disease, political upheaval, and camera crews coming to films the poor starving kids with the Christian dude.
    2: Baww, my parents told me to grow thicker skin because my hypersensitivity to other peoples opinions made me almost kill myself forty-nine times. I'm so deep and emotional.

Good lord, it's like the spring crop of emo-tweens came early this year.
    I didn't make this thread to get snooty, arrogant comments...thanks for your opinion on this seasons crop, now GTFO. Thanks

Senior Member Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick has a reputation beyond repute Derrick's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Sliced Bread Bat
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 09:00 PM
    Threads

Sometimes I wish there was a way to end misery. What we have to face is that some people feed off of misery while some people don't. For example, I laugh when I see someone get punched on the Jersey Shore. I know it's sorta staged, but the fact that I laughed at harm is still fact. Misery and coldness are part of us and we cannot erase it.

We have to stand up one day and just try our best to do our best every day to accept our differences, and hopefully, when that day comes we can find the closest thing to peace.

Closed Thread

Thread Information