AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Vocaloid Music?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • Other (Comment on thread please)

0 0%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Vocaloid Music?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Is Vocaloid Music?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Footed Booby View Post
    Who knew that having an opposing view was such an atrocity?! I thought this was America, the land of the free!!!!!1111111
    It is, which is why we're free to tell you to STFU.

2. Thanks Anoleis thanked for this post
    ~♥~ Pegasister ~♥~ Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts PPG Buttercup PPG Bubbles PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 02:39 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It really is hard for me to believe you people are real. I've met many old moonies who were not so emotionally unstable and into such synthetic bull honky. I cannot help it that my opinion differs, but your abusive and aggressive reactions have been.. Clearly unreasonable, as I am allowed to express my opinions in the fashion that I choose within regulations of the rules.

It is not my fault that I will not take uneducated (within a specific field) people seriously. If I were asked an opinion on some kind of medical research I would not pretend to be a doctor. It really is kind of surprising that some of you would go thus far that that one or two valid points were even made (by yay and kyky) and the rest were simply meant to tear another down.

Anime, the next time you want to have a serious discussion about a subject, take it to the right forum. This was a huge waste of time and space of anime forum dot com and all of it's members. Except for the ones who at one time learned two instruments, the suddenly made up the fact that they already knew another two instruments, both of which are much more difficult to learn and plan but would withhold such information for whatever reason in order to make themselves look food? Who cares.

Thank you for enlightening us video game instrument player to all of the sudden viola player. You obviously know what you're talking about. And key words apparently mean a lot to you people.

computrz r obv srs instruments 2 mak muzik
    Last edited by Blue Footed Booby; 06-05-2011 at 12:35 AM.

4. Thanks RaShayRitto thanked for this post
    Likes RaShayRitto liked this post
    Dislikes Souji Seta disliked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

It really is hard for me to believe you people are real. I've met many old moonies who were not so emotionally unstable and into such synthetic bull honky. I cannot help it that my opinion differs, but your abusive and aggressive reactions have been.. Clearly unreasonable, as I am allowed to express my opinions in the fashion that I choose within regulations of the rules.

It is not my fault that I will not take uneducated (within a specific field) people seriously. If I were asked an opinion on some kind of medical research I would not pretend to be a doctor. It really is kind of surprising that some of you would go thus far that that one or two valid points were even made (by yay and kyky) and the rest were simply meant to tear another down.

Anime, the next time you want to have a serious discussion about a subject, take it to the right forum. This was a huge waste of time and space of anime forum dot com and all of it's members. Except for the ones who at one time learned two instruments, the suddenly made up the fact that they already knew another two instruments, both of which are much more difficult to learn and plan but would withhold such information for whatever reason in order to make themselves look food? Who cares.

Thank you for enlightening us video game instrument player to all of the sudden viola player. You obviously know what you're talking about. And key words apparently mean a lot to you people.

We're not. @Aeschylus and I had different opinions and we were civil about it. It's just your attitude that people have been taking issue with. You come off as quite arrogant and whiny. You refuse to acknowledge any other viewpoint other then yours and yet claim everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 06-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.

6. Thanks animeyay thanked for this post
    Likes Anoleis, animeyay, Blue Footed Booby liked this post
    ☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Yes, of course.

8. Likes Souji Seta liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Is it fake, shallow, and vapid? Completely.
    Does it require any musical skill or ability? None at all.
    Does it require any instrumental skill or ability? None at all.
    Do any of these questions actually matter? No.

I don't understand how people can argue about the definition of words. The purpose of words is to allow us to communicate, not to tell is what is good and bad. Stop giving words definitions to force some ideology on others.

If at the end of the day you enjoy a Vocaloid song, why does any of this matter? Are you a Luddite?

10. Thanks Anoleis thanked for this post
    Likes Aku no Hikari, Anoleis liked this post
    Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Looks like you guys are having trouble, so I'll help clear things up, complete with visual aid!

Proposition 1: All music is art
    But Cantelope! That's too radical and liberal for me to stomach! If I accept this proposition then that means I have to accept Rebecca Black as an artist; NO DEAL.

Alas, just because you don't like the things a certain person or object produces, does not invalidate them as an artist. This is obvious, but let me help you accept this by first asking you to entertain the definition of art with me.

The English Oxford dictionary defines art as
    The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power
    That's right, THE authority on the English language defines art as anything produced to be appreciated. Music is obviously a subset within this definition, dealing with works produced via sound.

Corollary: Art and music are made by something, this something being artists and musicians respectively

and don't worry about Rebecca Black, just because you have to accept her as an artist doesn't mean you have to accept her as a particularly GOOD one

This means our diagram for art looks something like this:

Proposition 2: The crap generated by the Vocaloid program is music
    But Cantelope! Music has to be sounds that are made by musical instruments like pianos and stuff! Also, wth omg y u say crap Vocaloid sounds sooooo gud kawaiidesu!

You're exactly right with (the first part of) that sentence my dear, but is not the Vocaloid program itself an instrument? An instrument is something that you use to produce an end; in the case of music, an instrument is something that one (a musician) uses to produce sounds. We see acts like the Blue Man Group making music with garbage cans and pots, but a program that generates sound is not an instrument?! What kind of duality is this?!

But Cantelope, garbage cans and pots are REAL and computer programs aren't! They're just a bunch of electrons sitting on the surface of a magnetic disk or something!

My dear! Alack, ye hast fallen into the great pit-trap! No where does it say that an instrument must be macroscopically physical to be considered an instrument.

Also, the entire genre of Electronica considers those fighting words
    P.S. Even a piano, guitar, etc. is composed entirely of quanta that we call elementary particles, which is just a packet of ENERGY homygodnothingisreal

So let's review the attributes of the Vocaloid program:
    -Through manipulation, it produces sounds.

Wait a minute, it's a tool that's used to produce sounds...this makes it...an INSTRUMENT; OH MY GOD, an instrument which produces MUSIC!

And for simplicity's sake, let us call this the genre of sounds produced by this Vocaloid program: Vocaloid, in the same manner that Classical Guitar exists as a genre.

So music and its genres look like this:

So, with an ounce of reading comprehension and a quick perusal of the dictionary, we see that we can only arrive at

Conclusion: Vocaloid is art

Albeit bad art
    Last edited by Cantelope; 06-05-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: cleaning up

12. Thanks Anoleis, GameGeeks thanked for this post
    Likes Aku no Hikari, Souji Seta, GameGeeks liked this post
    ~♥~ Pegasister ~♥~ Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby is infamous around these parts Blue Footed Booby's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wio, remember that one time when you told Ashley and I that you would never hired a black man or woman to work for you because they were lazy and ignorant? We sure do, and so do the logs.

Dan Dan The Math Man, I am going to avoid your post because I am drunk and vulnerable and I'm afraid of you taking advantage of me.

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You can hear it, dance to it and sing the songs yourself. So, yes of course it is music.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by Cantelope View Post
    Proposition 1: All music is art
    But Cantelope! That's too radical and liberal for me to stomach! If I accept this proposition then that means I have to accept Rebecca Black as an artist; NO DEAL.

Alas, just because you don't like the things a certain person or object produces, does not invalidate them as an artist. This is obvious, but let me help you accept this by first asking you to entertain the definition of art with me.

The English Oxford dictionary defines art as
    "The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power"

That's right, THE authority on the English language defines art as anything produced to be appreciated. Music is obviously a subset within this definition, dealing with works produced via sound.
    "The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination". So if someone doesn't use either creative skill or imagination it's not art? Cus you know Rebbecca Black didn't write that song and the person that did heavily "borrowed" from other pop tunes. Why exactly is she an artist(even a terrible one)?

Wio, remember that one time when you told Ashley and I that you would never hired a black man or woman to work for you because they were lazy and ignorant? We sure do, and so do the logs.
    Awesome Ad Hominem broski. Confirmed for troll.

As for Vocaloid as art? I've never used the program so I don't know how much of the "It requires no skill" is true. Any Vocaloid songs I have heard sound very unimaginative but I've only heard about 3 or 4. I'm sure someone somewhere has take the program and cut and spliced it in such a way that makes it art.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    I play the violin and the cello. You don't need to play a musical instrument to be a music theorist.
    ^This

You haven't given any reason for us to respect your views, other than the pathetic "ITZ MAH OPINIONZ"

It would be a huge waste of time to learn theory if you weren't going to learn how to play an instrument. :P And yes, I skim over post because I don't really care what you have to say; and it's also quite clear you've ignored or failed to understand the position I took from the very beginning. It's not art. It's a product. It is not going to change the world, and no one will care about it once the fad fades away. You've also chosen to ignore that I'm not the only one who's posted here that feels that way.

You're all responsible, mature adults, right? You do know you're wasting your time, right?

Ah, children. How I've missed Misc forum and it's undeserving sense of grandeur.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Well, this 'fad' has lasted for seven years now. And if you want any indication of whether it's going to last, here.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

It would be a huge waste of time to learn theory if you weren't going to learn how to play an instrument. :P And yes, I skim over post because I don't really care what you have to say; and it's also quite clear you've ignored or failed to understand the position I took from the very beginning. It's not art. It's a product. It is not going to change the world, and no one will care about it once the fad fades away. You've also chosen to ignore that I'm not the only one who's posted here that feels that way.

You're all responsible, mature adults, right? You do know you're wasting your time, right?

Ah, children. How I've missed Misc forum and it's undeserving sense of grandeur.
    You know...I'm sorta new here....and stuff.....but well...I was bored and read the entire conversation you had with the rest and..you're the only one who's acting immature.

19. Thanks Souji Seta thanked for this post
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lighten up, Francis.

And I don't think seven years of no one in the need-to-know having even heard of it should really count.
    Last edited by Blue Footed Booby; 06-05-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: mynamesnotfrancisitspsycho!!!!111

[CENTER]You're all n00bs to me.[CENTER]
    ^ lol wat a noub
    I am not a troll.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

THIS ON A REAL MUSIC FORUM I WILL TAKE IT THE OPINIONS OF THE POSTERS MORE SERIOUSLY.
    well, partner, the doors of animeforum are open (for you to go in and out), why don't ya try taking this issue on a music forum? yeah, you're right, probably most posters don't even know how to play the guitar, flute or whatever (I, for one, can't play) so for you to be "serious," go to a music forum.

but I'll spell out the thing we were saying most of the time... "W-A-T-C-H Y-O-U-R A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E" or this will no doubt happen to you again. just looking out for ya brother, ya got my respect for standing up to such adversity, not many can do that. but just watch your words next time, alright?

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Art is in the eye of the beholder. Whether or not something is art is subjective. In other words, this vocaloid business can--depending on who listens to it--both be art, and not be art; at the same time (and this is not a contradiction). You might as well be arguing about whether Coca Cola tastes better than Pepsi.

As for whether something computer generated can be art, you may want to consider the following widely accepted branches of art:
    Last edited by Eris; 06-05-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

23. Thanks GameGeeks thanked for this post
    Likes Anoleis, Aku no Hikari, GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Souji Seta View Post
    well, partner, the doors of animeforum are open (for you to go in and out), why don't ya try taking this issue on a music forum? yeah, you're right, probably most posters don't even know how to play the guitar, flute or whatever (I, for one, can't play) so for you to be "serious," go to a music forum.

but I'll spell out the thing we were saying most of the time... "W-A-T-C-H Y-O-U-R A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E" or this will no doubt happen to you again. just looking out for ya brother, ya got my respect for standing up to such adversity, not many can do that. but just watch your words next time, alright?

But then it wouldn't be any fun at all. If I really cared, I would take it to a music forum, but I don't give a good god damn. Anime was QQing in chat, and it spilled over onto the forum. More entertainment for me.

Once you get to know me, you'll begin to understand.

---

Erised, all of that takes more effort than a vocaloid program. The point is that a child (anime aka Xey) could use it and produce the same quality product as the stuff you buy in... Uh, on the internet, or wherever you buy this crap.

The examples you posted all look like cheap Ikea pillow patterns or generic wall papers for phones. I guess that's kind of cool?
    Last edited by Blue Footed Booby; 06-05-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: animeisafib

^ lol wat a noub
    I am not a troll.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

But then it wouldn't be any fun at all. If I really cared, I would take it to a music forum, but I don't give a good god damn. Anime was QQing in chat, and it spilled over onto the forum. More entertainment for me.
    well, you should take it to a music forum, it's good to talk to peers. For example, if I have some issues with the hydraulics of a certain elevator design, I'll ask a colleague or an expert in hydraulics. simple, right? just so the issue can be brought to an end and solved right away. It ain't gonna be "good entertainment" if the the elevator fails and kills all its passengers, right?
    same concept for you, if you just talked to your peers, you wouldn't have been flamed and bad-repped.

anyhow, I'm done with this thread.
    Whether Vocaloid is music or not, everyone has their own insights. One famous musician said it's "music" but not impressive, it's HIS point of view. People have their own tastes and their own minds, no use in trying to convince other people otherwise.
    A debate is good but it's gonna be a waste of time if you're talking to a blockhead.
    Last edited by Souji Seta; 06-05-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The point is that a child (anime aka Xey) could use it and produce the same quality product as the stuff you buy in... Uh, on the internet, or wherever you buy this crap.
    ...e_e
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

27. Dislikes Blue Footed Booby disliked this post
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, you should take it to a music forum, it's good to talk to peers. For example, if I have some issues with the hydraulics of a certain elevator design, I'll ask a colleague or an expert in hydraulics. simple, right? just so the issue can be brought to an end and solved right away. It ain't gonna be "good entertainment" if the the elevator fails and kills all its passengers, right?
    same concept for you, if you just talked to your peers, you wouldn't have been flamed and bad-repped.

anyhow, I'm done with this thread.
    Whether Vocaloid is music or not, everyone has their own insights. One famous musician said it's "music" but not impressive, it's HIS point of view. People have their own tastes and their own minds, no use in trying to convince other people otherwise.
    A debate is good but it's gonna be a waste of time if you're talking to a blockhead.
    Uh, my musician friends back home are my peers. I don't need to go to a forum to talk to other people who enjoy what I do. ^_^

And actually, it's only funny -if- the elevator falls and kills everyone, so says Mel Brooks.

And and and why do you think it bothers me to get flamed and bad repped? I -do- know how to be civil. Don't act like I don't know why you're reacting the way you are. ^_^ I go to school for it. Also, I already have friends here. o___O I'm not out to brown nose.
    Last edited by Blue Footed Booby; 06-05-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: anime<3'syoona

^ lol wat a noub
    I am not a troll.

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Uh, my musician friends back home are my peers. I don't need to go to a forum to talk to other people who enjoy what I do. ^_^

And actually, it's only funny -if- the elevator falls and kills everyone, so says Mel Brooks.

And and and why do you think it bothers me to get flamed and bad repped? I -do- know how to be civil. Don't act like I don't know why you're reacting the way you are. ^_^ I go to school for it. Also, I already have friends here. o___O I'm not out to brown nose.
    hehehe, oh man, you remind me when I was 12 years old I acted almost exactly like ya. You're an interesting guy. At first I got irritated with you taking things too literally but then I remembered how I used to be, had a LOL moment, hehe.

well, I guess I'll see ya around partner.
    Last edited by Souji Seta; 06-05-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hehehe, oh man, you remind me when I was 12 years old I acted almost exactly like ya. You're an interesting guy. At first I got irritated with you taking things too literally but then I remembered how I used to be, had a LOL moment, hehe.

well, I guess I'll see ya around partner.
    Do you know what the word 'literally' means?

^ lol wat a noub
    I am not a troll.

31. Likes Souji Seta liked this post
    Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    "The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination". So if someone doesn't use either creative skill or imagination it's not art? Cus you know Rebbecca Black didn't write that song and the person that did heavily "borrowed" from other pop tunes. Why exactly is she an artist(even a terrible one)?
    Certainly there was a very very small amount of imagination and skill involved in writing Friday. Can you imagine anything that requires no imagination or skill to create? I can't, other than plagiarized works.

On that note, Black uses her vocal chords to make music, which is a subset of art. Musicians are a subset of things within the set of artists. Black makes music, therefore Black is a musician. Therefore, Black is an artist.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    Well, just to clarify, I do believe that noise created from something outside of the purpose of entertainment, would not be music. i.e. a collection of noises whose sole purpose is to mentally tax/ torture someone.

It would be a huge waste of time to learn theory if you weren't going to learn how to play an instrument. :P And yes, I skim over post because I don't really care what you have to say; and it's also quite clear you've ignored or failed to understand the position I took from the very beginning.
    Really? Well then, why don't we look back, and see what you said...

Computers are not living entities.
    I see, here, we're trying to say they art not art/music because computers are not living. As if a guitar is anymore alive than a computer.

Much different than a guitar. The programs they use to produce this music are really easy to use. They do not require years of practice to get good with. You could do it, easily. Guitar/Piano/real instruments take a lifetime of dedication, pointing and clicking does not. It's no more difficult than replying to this post.

I know this because I use said programs, and play many instruments.
    You then try to say that it isn't art/muisc because it is easy to make. Implying that everyone is as capable as you are and that they've all had experience with these programs. Also implying that years of practice with an instrument changes the end result of following notes on a page.

That's a natural setting and something of nature creating said 'music'. Computers are synthetic and cynical. There is nothing beautiful about the sound of a keyboard of the click of a mouse... Unless you're a huge goddamn nerd.

Aeschylus, you're being way too literal and I hope you understand that the 'music' created by these programs is no better or different than the music Brittany Spears produces(except that's not true because Brittany actually sings the lyrics//2,) if you look at it from the perspective of someone who understand Music Theory. Art comes from an individuals interpretation of something, whatever it may be. If you opened the program and threw a three chord chord progression down in a 4/4 time signature, and then opened a new project and did the same time it would turn out exactly the same. Take out a guitar and do the same thing. Listen to both tracks and neither one will sound the same(unless you don't have an ear and don't understand what the word subtle means.)

Techno is redundant, and so is vocaloid, for the exact same reason. It takes out the human element, no actual human effort when into producing those sounds and beats and whatnot. It does not come off as if an individual created the song. There is no emotion. If you would prefer to stick to your computerized clinics, and dance to your synthetic band for superior cynics then by all means, go ahead, but most musicians do not really take it seriously.

But it's okay!!111 You don't have to fret. Some people just don't have standards and you can't blame them for that. It's societies fault. O_O
    ---

The foundation of music is math, but there needs to be that human element to really move people. A midi of Stairway to Heaven (and I hate Led Zeppelin) without the sloppy guitar work of Jimmy Page and the raspy I need to quit smoking vocals of Robert Plant would not at all have been as successful.

Vocaloid is a product. It's three chord 4/4 pop music. It's a manipulative way to get people to give you money. It works -really- well on people who don't understand what they're listening to.

Which, I assume is all of you. //2
    Here you try to say that because it lacks emotion, to you, it is not art/music. You are also very sarcastic when implying that the music computers makes is only keyboard clicks and mouse clicks. You never did explain why techno is redundant because it people did not physically make the sounds.

I didn't read most of it, but no. I'm not saying I don't respect your opinion because you don't know music theory. What I'm saying is you don't understand it because you're reading a book written and russian without knowing russian.

Haha, It's just so silly. I don't understand how you could take something so silly so seriously(Vocaloid.) Silly monkey. You're emotionally attached to a Japanese product.

I'm actually starting to respect what they're doing now. Good job, whoeverinventedvocaloid. You're going to make a lot of money off these people. And if you, whomever you are who posted before me has a problem with that, it's really you're own issue. Don't blame me for it.

Haha. While it is true that music is subjective, it's also true it's only subjective to an extent.
    I'm not sure what the point of this post was, other than blatant ridicule. I think this is where you started the "It's a product, therefore not art" argument. You are correct in that Vocaloid is a program that is sold: Product. However, it does make music, which is art.

I've been calling it a product-- I mean music the whole time. I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered art(life altering art like the kind of stuff that is remembered -forever- after it's produced,) and wait ten years, and no one will give a damn. Except maybe you, you seem to take this stuff really seriously. It's a fad. Have fun with it, that much I have no problem with.

I told anime I would not take this seriously until it was on a real music forum, and I still wont. You're all biased with you're anime and your.. Obsession with the Japanese culture. Which there's nothing wrong with, but it's uh.. Just not an objective or educated audience to be having the conversation with.
    You drop the "it isn't music" argument here. Then you say it isn't art because it will hold no historical value. I guess every piece of music that is forgotten was never art to begin with...

Then, you claim that we are all biased because we all like Japan and anime. Well, news flash, I don't. I actually don't really like songs made with Vocaloid. Then you call us all uneducated, and you wonder why people got snarky.

tl;dr. I've said what I needed to say. If you cannot accept an opposing position then I consider it no fault but your own.

Back then before music theory existed there was no such thing as computer. //2

I'm not trying to troll. You guys are just making it really easy. O_O

I said one thing that would constitute name calling, and it's not like it was out of line. Trained monkeys do what they're trained to do!
    Now you claim we're just being ignorant by not accepting you clearly superior argument. You also claim to have "trolled" us all.

Lol. This all started because of Anime. I had nothing to do with it. He made a big enough deal out of it to troll you poor suckers by posting this in Misc. ^_^

Also you guys kind of need to learn a lesson in tolerance. I'm actually kind of upset you don't take my opinion seriously with my minor is music theory in all.
    Because having a minor in music theory clearly means you're an expert at what is and isn't art. Oh, and now anyone who is disagreeing with you is simply being intolerant.

This poll is about whether or not it's art or music, if you're not allowed to pick a side than Anime should not have made this thread. o_O''

I suggest some of you actually learn how to play a musical instrument before you reply again to this thread. Again, ANIME WHEN YOU POST THIS ON A REAL MUSIC FORUM I WILL TAKE IT THE OPINIONS OF THE POSTERS MORE SERIOUSLY.

Except for Kyky, he really does play and understands the VERY SIMPLE concept I laid on the table.
    Here we try and get "Kyky" to help out, and imply that everyone here has no right to comment because we don't play instruments.

Anime started this thread, then I replied with my opinion and was from there on attack for it, and now he's neg repping me and all my friends.

Who knew that having an opposing view was such an atrocity?! I thought this was America, the land of the free!!!!!1111111
    Blame the situation and Anime, and call us all oppressors.

Insult us, say it's your opinion, blame Anime, and claim superiority. SSDD

Erised, all of that takes more effort than a vocaloid program. The point is that a child (anime aka Xey) could use it and produce the same quality product as the stuff you buy in... Uh, on the internet, or wherever you buy this crap.

The examples you posted all look like cheap Ikea pillow patterns or generic wall papers for phones. I guess that's kind of cool?
    Lol, wrong. I make fractal art, and it is by no means harder than making music with a program.

Clearly, I've ignored you this whole time.

It's not art. It's a product. It is not going to change the world, and no one will care about it once the fad fades away.
    So art can't be a product? Art must change the world? Art is a constant? Contact the newspapers! There are thousands of paintings, songs, and performances that are no longer art!
    You've also chosen to ignore that I'm not the only one who's posted here that feels that way.
    And Mr.Gjallarhorn used one of your arguments as his own. We can't attack his argument because it simply isn't there. He, also, did not act like a whiny twelve-year-old when people did not agree with him.

34. Likes Xeyuzio liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information