AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ever seen The Big Bang Theory?

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Ever seen The Big Bang Theory?

They've got their own trading card RPG. It's called The Mystic Warlords of Ka'a. It doesn't actually exist in real life, but I've heard that some real companies are looking to make a real version of this game. It looks it would be an interesting game to play in real life.

Read about the in-show game at http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/...ords_of_Ka%27a

And here's tons of card pics. Not sure where these high quality card pics came from, as this is not a real game. Maybe the art department at the studio that made the designs for the cards for the TBBT show got ripped off? No matter, here the pics are for your entertainment.

Card Backside with Logo

Cards

And here's a couple webpages that have a ton of high quality card pics, some overlapping what I've already posted, and some new ones.

Page 1: http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/th...20Ka%27a/Cards
    Page 2: http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/th.../Cards/page/2/
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 02-26-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added card backside with logo
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fungy Chroom

Default Re: Ever seen The Big Bang Theory?

Looks cool, but I wonder how the game would work really.
    He's just a dandy guy, in space.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Wrong section, this is for actual RP games on the forum. Moving.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I found a diagram that shows the different parts of the card. Unfortunately it's in Spanish, but I know a bit of Spanish, and with the help of Google Translate I was able to translate the whole thing. The one word I'm not sure about is "iniciativa" which according to Google Translate means "initiative", but I'm not sure how that word has anything to do with a card RPG.

Here's a link to the original diagram.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p6qOrz5b4L...ujo1-Model.jpg

Here's an embedded copy of the translated version I made.

From my understanding, Life Points is the original amount of health or HP (hit points) that the character starts with. The Attack Points shows both a shield and swords so I assume it may represent both a defensive and offensive number. Not sure how damage is calculated during an attack but I'm guessing that damage done by my card to your card is calculated by my card's Attack Points minus your card's Attack Points. If the damage is positive, then the person who initiated the attack causes that much damage to the opponent's card. If it is exactly a zero difference then the attack was repelled. I'm not sure if it is negative, but it may be that this means the attack was repelled, or it may mean that the positive equivalent of this negative number is a damage number, and that the damage is received by the card that initiated the attack. A card's initial HP is the Life Points shown on the card. After an attack, the card that receives damage calculates HP after the attack by subtracting the damage points done by the attack from the HP that the card had from just before being hit by the attack. The Special Abilities section can determine any additional attack, defense, damage that may occur when playing the card or other strange effects that might change the rules of how that card or any other card is to be handled, depending on just what the Special Abilities section says. The card description is just something that explains the purpose of the card within the context of the plot of the game. The Card Type simply says if it is a character, or device, or spell, etc, and if it is a character what type of character it is.

The two parts I can't figure out at all are the Rune and the Initiative parts. I don't know how they work at all. My hunch with Initiative is that the values of the initiatives of all the cards a player starts with, compared to the Initiative values of all the cards that all the other players start with may determine who gets to make the first move in the game, second, third, etc. My guess would be that smaller numbers get to start sooner, but I'm not sure. Of course maybe it has nothing to do with who starts first. Maybe it has to do with who's attack gets priority of somehow two cards end up attacking each other at the same time in the game (similar to attack-priority in video games that determines if you and your opponent attack at the same time, who's attack is considered to land, and who's is considered to have been canceled by the attack from the other guy). As for the Rune indicator, I have no idea. I have not even a slight as to what it's for.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    I found a diagram that shows the different parts of the card. Unfortunately it's in Spanish, but I know a bit of Spanish, and with the help of Google Translate I was able to translate the whole thing. The one word I'm not sure about is "iniciativa" which according to Google Translate means "initiative", but I'm not sure how that word has anything to do with a card RPG.

Here's a link to the original diagram.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p6qOrz5b4L...ujo1-Model.jpg

Here's an embedded copy of the translated version I made.

From my understanding, Life Points is the original amount of health or HP (hit points) that the character starts with. The Attack Points shows both a shield and swords so I assume it may represent both a defensive and offensive number. Not sure how damage is calculated during an attack but I'm guessing that damage done by my card to your card is calculated by my card's Attack Points minus your card's Attack Points. If the damage is positive, then the person who initiated the attack causes that much damage to the opponent's card. If it is exactly a zero difference then the attack was repelled. I'm not sure if it is negative, but it may be that this means the attack was repelled, or it may mean that the positive equivalent of this negative number is a damage number, and that the damage is received by the card that initiated the attack. A card's initial HP is the Life Points shown on the card. After an attack, the card that receives damage calculates HP after the attack by subtracting the damage points done by the attack from the HP that the card had from just before being hit by the attack. The Special Abilities section can determine any additional attack, defense, damage that may occur when playing the card or other strange effects that might change the rules of how that card or any other card is to be handled, depending on just what the Special Abilities section says. The card description is just something that explains the purpose of the card within the context of the plot of the game. The Card Type simply says if it is a character, or device, or spell, etc, and if it is a character what type of character it is.

The two parts I can't figure out at all are the Rune and the Initiative parts. I don't know how they work at all. My hunch with Initiative is that the values of the initiatives of all the cards a player starts with, compared to the Initiative values of all the cards that all the other players start with may determine who gets to make the first move in the game, second, third, etc. My guess would be that smaller numbers get to start sooner, but I'm not sure. Of course maybe it has nothing to do with who starts first. Maybe it has to do with who's attack gets priority of somehow two cards end up attacking each other at the same time in the game (similar to attack-priority in video games that determines if you and your opponent attack at the same time, who's attack is considered to land, and who's is considered to have been canceled by the attack from the other guy). As for the Rune indicator, I have no idea. I have not even a slight as to what it's for.
    1 Attack point?

I play one card face down and I use the spell card "Cost Down"! I can now summon "Dark Magician Girl"! Attack!

Yoko Littner: 8000
    Anime Dude: 6001

I end my turn.

On a serious note. It reminds me of those Magic cards.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    1 Attack point?

I play one card face down and I use the spell card "Cost Down"! I can now summon "Dark Magician Girl"! Attack!

I end my turn.

You mean Magic the Gathering?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    You mean Magic the Gathering?
    Yeah. Kain (the mod) told me to try it out sometime.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Kain (the mod) told me to try it out sometime.
    You should. I'd quite enjoyed it (and might play it still if I had time and knew people here who were into it).

This game does rather seem to be a simple version of Magic the Gathering. Although maybe it has more unique aspects and the sample cards are mostly just simple creature cards, or maybe some of the underlying mechanics differ more than it appears.

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yu-Gi-Oh for life.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Lame!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

1 Attack point?

I end my turn.

Maybe because it's a parody of Munchkin, which itself is a parody on Role-Playing games and TCGs.
    MTG is still better though.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2014 03:59 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Xasthur PSN ID: LordXasthur

I would maybe play it.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Closing a few low quality threads.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information