AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Duggar Family Expecting Their 20th Kid

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Default Duggar Family Expecting Their 20th Kid

This is news that is (or was) sweeping the nation (for some reason).

The Duggar Family, the stars of the TLC show "19 Kids and Counting" (and "18 Kids and Counting" and "17 Kids and Counting" and, well you get the idea) have announced that Michelle Duggar, the matriarch of the clan, is once again pregnant.

For those who don't know, the Duggar Family is a conservative Christian family from Arkansas. While they did practice birth control once upon a time (both before and after the birth of their first child), after Michelle miscarried their second child, they blamed the contraceptive for the miscarriage and she has been birth control free ever since. As you can tell by the title of the thread, the result was pretty obvious: ever since the birth of their first child, Josh, Michelle has been popping out babies for almost every year since (and all, ALL, of the kids names start with "J").

Now why is this news? I'm not sure. Maybe its because the family is about to have 20 kids, which is something that is unheard of (not in this country anyway and without some cult being involved). Or maybe its because the family is relatively stable despite the fact that it has so many kids running around; the kids are polite, well spoken and are home schooled (some people might just be jelly; there are families that have a hard time taking care of one kid).

So what do you guys think?
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Good God..

Can you imagine the collateral damage that ladies...uh...thing has endured? I know He said "Be fruitful and multiply but really.

of course with all joking aside I do agree with you 100 percent this family is really amazing in that they're able to keep the change from turning them into another josh and kate plus 8+2+2+1+3+2+1+1
    Last edited by solidarmor; 11-18-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Duggar Family Expecting Their 20th Kid

Attachment 54074 <--- first reaction

I don't think so much about this. I am more amazed that her body has been able to handle it.

She must have like gone constantly pregnant during all these years? I doubt that they have been able to give each sibling each much of love, attention and affection. Also I think that the children must have been forced to 'grow up' faster then usual, since Im sure they have been needed to take care of their younger siblings in a way that normal kids doesn't have to do. So even if I think that their childhood may have been giving an extra toutch with tso many people and siblings aorund them, I also in a way see this as something cruel against the children in question. And if she/he didn't like other birth controls - heard of condoms?
    Or, even better, why couldn't the husband gone to the doctor and do a little thing with a knife that doesn't take a long time at all? I usually doesn't think anything special about big families, but they are just to many. I feel tired just by thinking about all those kids during the mornings. Durp.

Attachment 54073

Tomorrow, when I am more awake I will look this up some more. Is there any site where you can watch the episodes on the internet, outside the United States?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Attachment 54074 <--- first reaction

I don't think so much about this. I am more amazed that her body has been able to handle it.

She must have like gone constantly pregnant during all these years? I doubt that they have been able to give each sibling each much of love, attention and affection. Also I think that the children must have been forced to 'grow up' faster then usual, since Im sure they have been needed to take care of their younger siblings in a way that normal kids doesn't have to do. So even if I think that their childhood may have been giving an extra toutch with tso many people and siblings aorund them, I also in a way see this as something cruel against the children in question. And if she/he didn't like other birth controls - heard of condoms?
    Or, even better, why couldn't the husband gone to the doctor and do a little thing with a knife that doesn't take a long time at all? I usually doesn't think anything special about big families, but they are just to many. I feel tired just by thinking about all those kids during the mornings. Durp.

Attachment 54073

Tomorrow, when I am more awake I will look this up some more. Is there any site where you can watch the episodes on the internet, outside the United States?
    They wanted every kid. lol The show is really goood, and I think they love their kids vry much....non them say anything bad. And they all happy with each other. I thnk the wife may be like 40 something? I still wonder how she's able to keep the kids in? Should be like a slip'n slide by now...lol
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I remembered making a joke that I wanted 21 kids until I saw this and totally take my joke back. o_o I guess thats really good that they love their children but, don't mean to doubt so much but can she handle number 20? Since its a reality show of some sort, I think they have enough money to buy condoms, birth control, etc. ._.; Its just too much, well. It's none of my business.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Still @solidarmor ... so.... many... kids....
    Attachment 54075 My eyes started to twitch when I started to think about it, hahahah!
    I really don't think I would be able to handle that many, even if I do love kids.... But 20?! Oh Jesus Christ Lord and Things McThings.. xD
    No, no, no, no!

(Just imagine infront of the bathroom mirror during the mornings!) xD

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    I remembered making a joke that I wanted 21 kids until I saw this and totally take my joke back. o_o I guess thats really good that they love their children but, don't mean to doubt so much but can she handle number 20? Since its a reality show of some sort, I think they have enough money to buy condoms, birth control, etc. ._.; Its just too much, well. It's none of my business.

I have money that-that kid comes out walking with a cane and top-hat in it's hands...doing a tap number. lol
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

8. Likes Meenah, wolfgirl90 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solidarmor View Post
    I have money that-that kid comes out walking with a cane and top-hat in it's hands...doing a tap number. lol

*high fives*

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Good for them. Unless they have green drapes. People with green drapes shouldn't have children. They raise their kids to like green drapes and then their kids buy green drapes and green carpet, leading to their children liking green drapes and green carpet. Now those kids will buy green drapes and green carpet and green wallpaper. Now we have kids growing up liking green drapes, carpet, and wallpaper. Don't you see? It's a conspiracy, a green conspiracy!

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If I remember correctly, they're one of those "Quiver-full" families -- a movement to increase populations to tip political ideology more towards their favor, which extends more towards the ultra-conservative Christians mostly. The Duggers are much less extreme than some of those out there, but still.

Anyway, I watched a bit about this family. They run a very tight financial ship. The dad owns his own company, their house and vehicles are paid for -- they hold no notes with the bank, and have no credit cards. Yes, with that many kids the children are forced to grow up rather quickly, because it's the older ones that help take care of the younger ones and help with the chores. All of the kids are required to take some sort of music lesson, whether it be instrument or voice. I saw a picture of all the kids with their instruments once, most of them were violin/fiddles...

I think it is rather crazy to keep having kids the way they do, but as long as all of them are being taken care of and their needs are being met as the law requires, there is very little that anyone can do.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I do not agree with this. Now it just looks like a media stunt.

They even had complications with their last child and many think that the mother is not going to survive this one... Only one way to find out I guess...

But they are really pushing it.. Condoms are there for a reason.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    I saw a picture of all the kids with their instruments once, most of them were violin/fiddles...
    Why those instruments?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

She must have like gone constantly pregnant during all these years? I doubt that they have been able to give each sibling each much of love, attention and affection. Also I think that the children must have been forced to 'grow up' faster then usual, since Im sure they have been needed to take care of their younger siblings in a way that normal kids doesn't have to do.
    The older siblings do help take care of the younger siblings, but its a "buddy system"; among all of the older children, they each only help to take care of maybe one or two of the younger ones (there is only one baby and two toddlers; the rest are in school, with the exception of the oldest one, Josh, who is already married with his OWN family), with Michelle still caring for all of them.

Also, it appears that the lack of constant attention from their parents has actually made the kids stronger (at least according to some experts). They still get attention from their parents but they are not being suffocated with it. This has allowed them to become rather stable kids who can take of themselves for the most part; they know their parents care about them and will give them what they need, but they also know that they can look to others (including themselves) for help and attention (which is why none of the kids run around being spoiled brats...and why 19 Kids and Counting is probably one of the most boring shows in existence).
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why those instruments?
    *shrug* Maybe they're easy to get second-hand? As children grow, they need to update the size of the instrument. They probably made it easy to hand them down the line. Plus, they could be hoping for a child prodigy.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    *shrug* Maybe they're easy to get second-hand? As children grow, they need to update the size of the instrument. They probably made it easy to hand them down the line. Plus, they could be hoping for a child prodigy.
    Just give them a guitar, piano, or a jew's harp and they don't have to worry about 'update with bigger instruments' at all!

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Closed Thread

Thread Information