AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What should I buy next?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsilon V View Post
    I would argue the same point again, but it's pointless. And I can't really take you seriously when your favorite anime is Gurren lagan. But it doesn't really matter anymore, it seems that people fail to grasp the concept that everyone has different ways of thinking. And I haven't had any good conversations at all in this forum, which is kinda lame. So I think I'm just gonna leave. Specially since arguing in this forum brings your rep down :O (not that I care). Sorry I couldn't agree with such a close-minded way of thinking, I just have my belief that people's brains are wired differently and therefore respond differently. I won't bother you guys any longer . Now to enjoy my vacation in singapore!

Oh, and I don't like being censored in the words I use... I should watch my own languange, it's a tad annoying, no biggie though.

Peace.
    I hardly thing stating that I highly dislike Elfen Lied qualifies me as being "close-minded". Just as you said, everyone has a different way of thinking, and thus while you have your right to say Elfen Lied is super-awesome-mega-fantastic, I have the right to call it a flaming pile of crap.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

And I can't really take you seriously when your favorite anime is Gurren lagan.
    Yet you recommend it. That's really silly too. You can take an Elfen Lied fanboy seriously because, let me guess, he has a deep understanding of the world. Ooooh, how special. But you can't take a Gurren Lagann fan seriously because it's a comedic anime? Well let me tell you one thing, I found Gurren Lagann to be deeper than Elfen Lied.

But it doesn't really matter anymore, it seems that people fail to grasp the concept that everyone has different ways of thinking.
    Er. That's you, buddy. You got all huffy when Dio decided to THINK DIFFERENTLY, so we were trying to prove to you that not everyone likes Elfen Lied. Don't be so hypocritical.

And I haven't had any good conversations at all in this forum, which is kinda lame. So I think I'm just gonna leave.
    Kay. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Specially since arguing in this forum brings your rep down :O (not that I care). Sorry I couldn't agree with such a close-minded way of thinking, I just have my belief that people's brains are wired differently and therefore respond differently.

Of course you don't care! You wouldn't take the time to post out that you don't care in a defensive manner if you actually cared! And all of us are pretty closed minded. Me, Dio, Xero, we all just can't break out of our shell. We really should learn to respect those that think Elfen Lied is deep, and anyone who says otherwise is closed-minded.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD!

Anyway my take on Elfen Lied.

The only thing deep about Elfen Lied are the cuts and lacerations every character in the show inevitably faces at some point or another. No matter how large or small their role is, this convoluted mess of an anime seems to just like killing people for the shock value and sake of killing people, which after the third or fourth disembowlment and beheading in the first .5 seconds of the damned show, loses it's flavor and fails to hold my interest from a visual standpoint.

However I will say that the plot is very cohesive and immersive...If you're also the sort who likes to smash your own hand with a hammer and knock on peoples doors with your face.

Human hybrid girl kills people, girl gets shot, girl has split personality, girl kills people because her doggy is dead, girl has fights with other hybrid human girl thing, girl kills some more people, girl kills friends friends, friend is sad, girl is sad, girl kills and tortures some more people, girl loves boy, girl kills some more, cliffhanger ending.
    What? It was just 13 episode of people getting slaughterd by alex mercer lite with breasts science project because "WAAAH I'M SAD HUMANS HATE ME DOG IS DEAD *CRY*" with no real closure.

of course these are only my expert opinions.
    Last edited by -Batman-; 07-13-2009 at 03:47 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by -Redfield- View Post
    HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD!

Anyway my take on Elfen Lied.

The only thing deep about Elfen Lied are the cuts and lacerations every character in the show inevitably faces at some point or another. No matter how large or small their role is, this convoluted mess of an anime seems to just like killing people for the shock value and sake of killing people, which after the third or fourth disembowlment and beheading in the first .5 seconds of the damned show, loses it's flavor and fails to hold my interest from a visual standpoint.

However I will say that the plot is very cohesive and immersive...If you're also the sort who likes to smash your own hand with a hammer and knock on peoples doors with your face.

Human hybrid girl kills people, girl gets shot, girl has split personality, girl kills people because her doggy is dead, girl has fights with other hybrid human girl thing, girl kills some more people, girl kills friends friends, friend is sad, girl is sad, girl kills and tortures some more people, girl loves boy, girl kills some more, cliffhanger ending.
    What? It was just 13 episode of people getting slaughterd by alex mercer lite with breasts science project because "WAAAH I'M SAD HUMANS HATE ME DOG IS DEAD *CRY*" with no real closure.

of course these are only my expert opinions.
    I missed you so much. ;__;

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

I'm a weinie AF! MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 01:46 PM
    Threads

GURREN LAGANN!
    It and a couple other animes on your list are animes you must see but Gurren lagnn is really something else.
    When I put up a link you click it, it will be good! I find videos so you don't have to!

Anbu the Assassin chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Teeth View Post
    Thinking of picking up some dvds in a few days. Which one of these should I buy first?

Rurouni Kenshin
    Outlaw Star
    Gurren Lagann
    Elfen Lied
    Ronin Warriors
    Basilisk
    Beck

I've watched Outlaw Star and Rurouni Kenshin before, so I know what those are about. The rest have been recommendations from people.

Any suggestions?
    I would recommend for Elfen Lied.. Try it out..

Once could be a fluke and twice a coincidence, but thrice proves it's a real ability.

Junior Member AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames is a splendid one to behold AzureFlames's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2009 11:28 AM
    Threads

I recommend buying the Case Closed box sets, they are guuuuuuuddddd(yesh i spell like a retard)
    Anime and games are the forte of my life :P. For free prizes on games and other stuff click on one of these banners, signup and earn points for nice prizes

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As common courtesy you could at least tell me why my posts are being deleted. I've never been in a forum that censors opinions, so I'm new to this... I don't remember using foul laguage or anything. I mean, it's not like I'm going to stay here anyways.. but I've never seen moderators being so childish.
    well, I`m not sure what ones were deleted, but earlier on in the thread, you were bleeped out because swearing is bad for the little kids on here. >.<

And it`s always good to stay on topic as well . . . (though at the moment I`m not one to talk)

Sorry you don`t like it here, Ipsilon. . . but I liked talking to you. ^^;;

Oh, and to be on topic! I`m not really sure which one is good for you, but I really loved Rurouni Kenshin. ^.^

Closed Thread

Thread Information