AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: When was the last time you behaved out of character and what did you do?

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default When was the last time you behaved out of character and what did you do?

Simple thread, and like the title says, When was the last time you behaved out of character and what did you do?

By "out of character", I mean something you did in the past that was against your typical nature or better judgement. The more extreme, irrational, and/or shocking, the better! :P

A previous instance that I had the misfortune of experiencing today (see spoiler) inspired me to make this thread. XD

So yeah, a few hours ago I went shopping today for a very specific item, which took a while to find given its obscurity, and I had no clue where to look in order to find it.

However, eventually and by sheer luck, I stumbled on what I was looking for--and then, having realised it was getting late, and that I hadn't eaten anything all day, plumped to the nearby KFC for a meal (as you do).

On entering the restaurant, I was greeted by a very long queue and a floor that was extremely dirty, even by commercial fast-food outlet standards. As I waited in the queue for some 15 minutes, it suddenly occurred to me that KFC might have, through common sense, bothered to put a copy of their menu just before the queuing area. At least then, I could have saved time in deciding what to order before being served instead of deciding what to order after being served, as is consequently the case whenever I'm forced to order from the large, yet poorly laid out menu behind the ordering counter at the front of the queue, which of course, comes at risk of potentially testing the patience of other customers.

Eventually it was my turn to be served and by now my feet had set into the grime on the floor. After some squinting at the somewhat distant text on the menu, I decided to order the Barbecue Rancher meal, but not before asking whether or not it would be served with fries and a drink. Had this been MacDonald's or Burger King, I would have never felt the need to ask this, but with the KFC, menus somehow manage to achieve the ironic feat of being as large as you like while bearing cramped layouts, bloated images, and somewhat inconsistent information. For instance, the menu I read mentioned the inclusion of "fries" and a "drink" with the so-called Big Daddy meal (among other items), but strangely didn't mention the same items for the other meals, even though they also included fries and a drink according to the person at the ordering counter.

Eventually the person responsible for taking my order vaguely understood where I was coming from, and then confirmed that the Barbecue Rancher meal did indeed come with fries and a drink. Had she kept her mouth shut from that point I would have stuck with my order and "forgot" about the previous inconveniences.

But no--she then had to go on and bring up an unnecessary list of alternative sides included with the Barbecue Rancher meal even though I'd already decided on the standard version with the just fries and a drink. And as if that wasn't annoying enough, I was then told after ordering and in a by-the-way sort of indifference that my meal would take 20 minutes to prepare. Bear in mind that 25 minutes had already passed since I entered the restaurant, and many of those could have been shaved by a sensibly placed menu with asterixes addressing certain items that take might up to 20 minutes to prepare.

Since a lot of time had already passed and I'd gotten hungry to point of thinking to eat the entire queue behind me, I reluctantly changed my order to the more available Fillet Burger meal. After receiving it, I naturally walked over to where all the straws, sachets and napkins were, grabbed the last 2 of the latter, then crossed the entire breath of the restaurant in a hopeless attempt to find a clean table. Had I not been on my feet all day, I would have most certainly eaten outside instead, and just as well since the person at the ordering counter wrongly assumed that I was ordering to go and literally shoved all my meal into the takeaway bag. Had I not felt so drained and hungry, I might have brushed this typical assumption aside--or rather, laughed ironically at the fact that my meal had at least been packaged appropriately, because in any other situation I would not have sat in such a dirty restaurant.

Anyway, I sat at the cleanest table I could find and then opened the bag. My grand prizes were, a cold fillet burger, an upside-down pack of fries and a half-full, luke-warm Pepsi. I'm sure you've heard the old saying: "The straw that broke the camel's back", right? Well given how hungry I felt, this was more like the lead pipe that shattered the camel's back, as by this point I'd had enough, and I was certainly not in any frame of mind to complain, much as I should have, through the so-called proper channels. Instead I resorted to something much more extreme, perhaps stupid, and ultimately out of character--at least by my standards since normally I'm a laid back person.

I took out a biro and wrote the following message on the napkin:

"To KFC...

Next time, if you're going to charge me Ł5.30 for a meal, don't half-fill my Pepsi, don't serve me a cold fillet burger that ought to have been disposed of several orders ago (because believe me, I can taste the difference), and please, for the love of God, clean your restaurant once in a while, yeah? It really comes to something when my socks threaten to leave my shoes each time I take a step off your grimy floor! P.S. Your menu is rather confusing too!

I'LL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE: RIP ME OFF AGAIN AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!

By a disgruntled customer
    "

I then scattered the remains of my meal as a parting gesture and left the restaurant--dignity intact.

2. Likes SolanaNight liked this post
    Senior Member SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Blackjack Death Note Black Cat
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2013 11:22 AM
    Threads

Default Re: When was the last time you behaved out of character and what did you do?

That's awful. Some fast foods places are pretty good about keeping clean and moving quickly, but some are just terrible. I completely understand your frustration. xD

I'd post my own out of character event, but I can't seem to think of one right now. Although, I'm a fairly laid-back kind of person as well, so I do my best to avoid conflict although I won't back down from it. However, if I get irritated enough, I can get pretty nasty. I know I've said some fairly mean things before that I still feel guilty for.
    Beautiful sig by Zainny-sempai!

[Insert future roleplays I will be starting in the (hopefully) near future.]
    My stories: |Deadlock|
    I am a hopeless romantic tirelessly searching for my fairy tale ending.

4. Thanks .:neuko:. thanked for this post
    Senior Member KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Trollface Mario Fire Flower
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 04:01 AM
    Threads

Default Re: When was the last time you behaved out of character and what did you do?

Today I was very irritable for no apparent reason. Everything was bothering me.
    -.- While grocery shopping I was walking down the isle and I purposely didn't move out the way when a
    chick that was paying too much attention to her cellphone walked right into me. ._.
    I didn't budge, yet she fell backwards as if she hit a wall...
    I helped her up off the ground, cuz I immediately felt like a [insert naughty words here].
    But yah, even though she should pay attention to where she's going... I had the opportunity of stepping aside.
    Last edited by KingArt; 05-05-2013 at 08:42 PM.

6. Thanks .:neuko:. thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information