AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Junior Member ChaosAlchemist01 is on a distinguished road ChaosAlchemist01's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2012 09:05 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CHA0SXALCH3M1ST

Default Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

I really like to get drunk and watch this show... not that its not great sober, but when im drunk it just gets even better!
    FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC FTW!!!!!

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

One of the guys at work keeps getting me to start watching this. Sooner or later I will end up watching it. Just a lot of other animes to watch first.

Member /X Metal Sorenges x has a spectacular aura about /X Metal Sorenges x has a spectacular aura about /X Metal Sorenges x's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2012 03:09 PM
    Threads

Bronies don't bother me whatsoever. When I think of bronies I automatically think of a new generation of powerpuff fanboys/girls which I find quite satisfying. Although it was suppose to appeal to a certain age group, I feel as if the show has some particular quality that makes it much more enjoyable for "more then just the average child" so with that addressed. MLP has always been something I can sit down with some popcorn and watch on hub.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

-------Post Added on 08/04/2012 at 04:52 PM--------
    It's amazing what the fans have done with these things...
    http://dileak.deviantart.com/art/Ani...down-315706838

http://wildanime.deviantart.com/favo...57880#/d4tafnm

Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 08-17-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Clean up/double post.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Iron Man MkIII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2014 10:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FstSergeant8595 PSN ID: SMSergeant8595 Steam ID: FstSergeant8595

So.... I was just watching Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations and he was eating horse meat and he totally just said "Oh Rainbow Dash, look at where you are now" I was dieing xD I can't believe he said that. I feel pretty terrible... so I posted it in this thread lol.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Pony fans see the world a little differently, that's all

------------Post added on 08/18/2012 at 05:33 PM---------------

Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 08-18-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member AwesomesauceMudkipz is on a distinguished road AwesomesauceMudkipz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2012 02:47 PM
    Threads

Post Performance and Perception: How fans view My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Not to get confused with the MLP thread, I am looking at MLP:FiM "from an exploratory research perceptive to uncover the effects of MLP: FIM with anime fans" Deathblade/13.666's words, I couldn't of said it better myself, about how the show has sparked such inspiration in many people to create so many new pieces of work, and why MLP:FiM has had the success that it has over many other shows. How do people see the animation strictly from artwork perspective, how do people consider the music from the show either good or bad based on how the music was composed. I would like to converse about how artists view the show from an overall standpoint as well. This is an article I wrote and posted on my blog, I figured that there may be people here would like to talk about the production of the show from an artistic standpoint. Don't bother posting a pic of your pony if you do not want to, mainly for those who are following my blog.

Take a man from Indiana, his friend admitting he is a major brony. He is shown the first episode of the show, things nothing of it really. A few months pass and the mental toll of the show starts to call his name. He finally gives in.

A man once a hater is turned into a brony. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a show aimed with the target audience of younger girls during childhood years, but has just a big a fanbase of adult males in their late teens to early twenties. The show follows six main characters, but first introducing Twilight Sparkle, a purple unicorn pony with the power to use magic. Each of the six main characters represent an "element of harmony" including loyalty, honesty, laughter, generosity, kindness, and the sixth being magic itself.

The show is guided to try to show different elements of forming long lasting friendships and bonds with others, but at the same time also seems to capture the eyes of artists. The Friendship is Magic arc is completely separate from the Hasbro My Little Pony which has been created in the 1980s and 1990s. The arc's creator is Lauren Faust who has also worked on other shows such as The Powerpuff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends. Faust has not just help create a show, but she has helped bring together people from all over the world.
    MLP:FiM for short, even has helped create some various rules of the internet (Will discuss these at a later time) Rule #34.2 "There are ponies of it, no exceptions." and also Rule 35.2 "If no pony is found of it, it will be made.", among a few others. These rules are very true as people have even created a new genre of music from the show, called Ponystep. Ponystep is a genre of music that is a combination of dubstep music and music (or even a single word) from the show. To give an idea of just how much ponystep is out there, I know that Selena Gomez, a celeb with about 30 million fans, has 3 albums of music, and a discography of about 40ish official songs she produces the vocals for solely. Remixes that I have found are at 176, I check every few days. Let's compare that to the thousand plus songs I have come across on the internet of Ponystep and ponyifed music. Much much much power of inspiration has been given off from the show. Such crossovers like My Little Portal, a combination of the show and Portal which is a puzzle game first released on the Orange Box for the Xbox gaming system, have been created. Many online 3-D games, including some MMORPGs have been created, and games such as Legends of Equestria or fanfics like Rainbow Factory have gathered lots of interest.

New York City is home to a lot of things, include the once world renown Pokemon Center. It is now home to BronyCon, a convention held every few months with an exponentially growing attendance and has created the multi hundred thousand dollar documentary film that focuses on fans of the show and the convention itself. This is a film that is right now planning to be released in the year 2013 to the public theaters across the United States.

The staff has created not only a great show, but have taken Ponies and created a realistic society that they can live and thrive in. The staff has to think of how humans do each of the millions of simple little tasks we do each day, and then figure out how a Pony would do that very same action. The camera angles shown are simple but they do a great job of letting the viewers see just how a Pony does some of those simple tasks. The colors are very bright and help set the overall vibe of the show. The music in the show is very well made, and the voice actors are not usually the ones to do the singing in an episode that contains a song. Not every episode has a song but there are episodes that contain a few short little jingles or a full length song. For the most part the songs are two to three minutes, but on rare occasion a song excess of four minutes is injected into the show. The songs also are worked into the storyline very well and it is hard to predict when the next song or jingle may be heard by a pony. A big thing is the Characterization and progress of development of each individual character background or not. Even the background characters make cameo appearances in each episode and many fans of the show enjoy watching and pointing out each appearance in each episode. There has been a pony, given the name Derpy by fans of the show that had been given lines in the show, and when voice acted did not go over well with parents of children of the show. The character's voice was then redone in the show and even though this may have been a setback for many others cartoons, this show has suffered almost no negativity from the incident, mainly to how the staff went about the issue and resolving it properly.

The most important thing is the keep and open mind. To watch the show, the first two seasons which are completed, awaiting the third season while in production, it does much more than let you say, "Oh, yeah I've seen the show". After watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic there are fistfuls of neat, exhilarating fanfics, drawings, crossovers, music, and videos including Ponies the Anthology I and II, which are shorts from various music video and very short clips of audio set to clips of the show.

More than show, it is a piece of art that continues to gain many new fans each day, and more and more crossovers, songs, fanfics, games, and videos are created from the show all the time. Also feel free to post your favorite picture or pony meme from the show/created from the show.
    Last edited by AwesomesauceMudkipz; 08-16-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Performance and Perception: How fans view My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

And this is different from the main MLP thread how @AwesomesauceMudkipz ? Otherwise I'll merge this with the MLP:FIM thread that we have.

Got your PM... I've leave it here for now, but if it gets way to unproductive/"not much activity at all". I'll merge it for ya.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 08-15-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Senior Member FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Iron Man MkIII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2014 10:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FstSergeant8595 PSN ID: SMSergeant8595 Steam ID: FstSergeant8595

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD at the end "giddy up" xD

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I liked the president's speech. Can you imagine the time and effort that went into that whole thing? Especially yelling at that crying little girl....

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not sure if it's been posted already, but I'll just leave this here...

Kinda wish Fluttershy was Hawkeye instead, but oh well.

Banned Forum / Chat MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan's Avatar
    Gil
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 06:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted already, but I'll just leave this here...

Kinda wish Fluttershy was Hawkeye instead, but oh well.

If this anime was ever made, I would watch it.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Celestia: Twilight I don't want you to say anything bad about Luna. She's my sister and I love her.

Twilight: She's killed over 80 people int he last two days.

Celestia: She was adopted.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

When's the new season start? I know it's supposed to be this month, but I can't find any exact dates....

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Member Sora-the-panda is on a distinguished road Sora-the-panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Turkey
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 12:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've only seen some--but this show is pretty darn cute <3

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some of the fan made stuff is pretty impressive

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-06-2012 at 04:23 PM.

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love this show so much!
    hella

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Some of the fan made stuff is pretty impressive

thank you for scoring me a new avatar
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Junior Member Mikime is on a distinguished road Mikime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 05:21 PM
    Threads

Oh this show is so cute

My favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle, because I think she is like me (: - but no I am not purple

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-08-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by mikime View Post
    i am not purple
    lies!!!!
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I should probably warn you, this show is VERY addictive... and nobody knows why...

Junior Member abkillorlando is on a distinguished road abkillorlando's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2012 02:41 PM
    Threads

You are wrong good sir. MLP is the greatest thing that could ever be. Well maybe not, but it is way up there. Maybe stuff you like shouldn't even exist. Did you ever think of that? No probably not.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Remember how people used to tease you fro watching Sailor moon?

A song about Bronies

Closed Thread

Thread Information