AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sign Up: The School of Seven Towers

Dreams of a moonlit night Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cookie Green Tea Coke
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2014 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Sign Up: The School of Seven Towers

Name:
    Geimei (stage name):
    勝也 (Katsuya - meaning to be victorious)
    Rin Ishikawa
    Culture:
    Pactmaker
    Appearance:
    See above
    Hobbies/Interests:
    Ancient traditional arts but especially those that have to do with the Hanamachi world - literally translates to "flower street" or a Geisha disctrict. Katsuya takes special interest in Ozashiki asobi and Odori.
    Personality:
    Katsuya on the outside is a cool, calm, reserved individual with powerful inner strength who possesses the innate ability to rise to the top through unflinching conviction and sheer perseverance. Katsuya is a rather stoic person who more than anything else enjoys power, respect, and authority, and who is willing to toe the line for as long as it takes to achieve her goals. Inwardly, however, Katsuya may not be the self-confident pillar of strength that she appears to be, and when her power or authority is compromised, she may make flawed decisions that could cause everything she has worked for to go down in flames in a spectacular way. Even so, Katsuya personality is one that is firmly grounded in reality and who will consistently be the voice of reason in a chaotic world. She understands why the rules are in place and conforms accordingly.

Though she may seem unfriendly, arrogant, or without humor to outsiders, Katsuya is inwardly quite warm and sympathetic, often with a surprisingly quick wit. Her general outlook is fairly rigid, and once she forms a view of the world, she will often stubbornly hold on to that view despite compelling evidence to the contrary. Katsuya may also be subject to a degree of pessimism, often seeing the glass as half empty rather than half full. Socially, Katsuya is inhibited and uncomfortable in new situations, approaching others at first with caution and suspicion. Finally as far as money is concerned, Katsuya approaches finances as she does everything else - with prudence, planning, and discipline.
    Point Allotment:
    Pactmaking {20 points}
    蛍狩り (Hotari Gari - catching fireflies) {10 points}: Fireflies have long been associated with the dead in Japanese mythology and so when Katsuya performs the dance Hotari Gari she is able to transcend worlds. Both Katsuya and who ever witnesses the dance are able to leave the materialistic world and enter the 黄泉の国 (Yomi no Kuni - World of Darkness). Once inside Yomi no Kuni, Katsuya's customers have three available choices: make a pact with a soul, allow yourself to be possessed or remain in Yomi no Kuni.
    Pact: there are varying degrees in which the agreement can result in, but in order for Katsuya to create her strongest deal with the soul she must have something that equals to that of the pact's power - a symbol of the contractee's will power.
    Possess: while you are possessed your soul will share its body with the possessor. There are multiple hidden dangers to this including being permanently entrapped in Yomi no Kuni, but the return rate can be high.
    Remain: your body will essentially become a soulless vessel although not lifeless. Contractee's cannot return to the world of the living unless someone offers Katsuya a release pact of a higher caliber than the one of the contractee's. This third option is perfect for those who know someone who has unfinished business in the world of the living.
    姫三社 (Himesanja - Three Princesses) {6 Points}: by performing this dance Katsuya can summon three seals. Functioning as rather a storage vessel for various things both materialistic and spiritual. Himesanja is mainly used for Katsuya's personal use, but it is possible to make a contract in order to gain access to the storage vessel.
    狐拳 (Kitsune Ken - Fox Fist) {4 Points}: a variation of "rock, paper, scissors". It is a game played by the Geisha and her customer while a third person referees. The roles of fox, village headman, and hunter, are symbolized by the hands forming ears (fox), hands on thighs (headman), and hands holding a gun (hunter). The village headman looses to the fox, which bewitches him; the fox looses to the hunter, who shoots him; and the hunter looses to the village headman, who outranks him. But unlike the traditional "rock, paper, scissors" the game's rhythm is determined by how fast the Shamisen (traditional Japanese musical instrument) is played. Opponents who step within the boundaries of Katsuya's power must play by the game's rules and thus are unable to attack unless they win the game and vice versa. Each turn that is won equals one chance to attack.
    Spirit Servant {10 Points}
    勝瑠 (Katsuru - meaning victorious lapis lazuli): rather than being an actual servant Katsuru is Katsuya's "Little Sister" as per Geisha custom - in another words apprentice. As a Maiko (apprentice Geisha), Katsuru mainly follows and observes Katsuya as she performs, bonds contracts and etc. Her full powers have yet to fully bloom, but as of now her main ways of manifesting her powers (and assisting Katsuya) is through playing the traditional musical instruments such as the Shaminsen and bells or through a Uchiwa (fans).
    Tessen {12 Power points}: a folding fan with outer spokes made of heavy plates of iron which is designed to look like a normal, harmless folding fan.
    Gunbai uchiwa {8 Power points}: is a large open fan made of solid iron capable of deflecting and rebounding even magical attacks.
    勝郎 (Katsuro - meaning victorious son): is Katsuya and Katsuru's Otokoshi - kimono dresser. Katsuro is responsible not only for helping dress both of them but also for safe keeping all of Katsuya and Katsuru's belongings.
    Artifact {10 Points}
    Hikizuri (a formal kimono worn when performing a dance) worn during Katsuya's first odori performance as a full-fledged Geisha. Being an enchanted Kimono it absorbs any incoming attacks {20 Power points}, but what makes it unique is that it can store the attack for later use.
    Biography:
    Rin is one the direct descendants of the Minamoto, one of the ancient four Great Noble Houses of the Heian Era. In ancient times the Minamoto clan was once part of the Imperial Family of Japan, but because of monetary issues were demoted back into not the ranks of royalty but of the nobility. Something that till to this day the Minamoto clan and its descendants have not forgotten. And thus eventually the Minamoto would become known as a not only the sacred armorers to the Imperial family but also a samurai clan. As a descendant of the Minamoto clan, Rin was expected to excel in any military aspect solely for the fact that they, the Minamoto clan, must protect the Imperial family at any cost, at least officially on paper that was the case. In a male dominated clan, Rin was often ousted with the excuse being that she was too soft, unfit for battle and above all that she was a woman. The harder she tried to earn herself a spot in the clan the harder she was cast outside and seen as bothersome. In a final effort to exile Rin, the clan sent her off as a tutor to a foreign land.

Rin felt betrayed and bitter about her clan's actions, but her only option was to accept it silently. Upon arrival, Rin was greeted by a large family of the Bushido culture and a gloomy gray sky that showered its landscapes with endless snowflakes that gently fell from the sky like angels that had descended from heaven. Sighing Rin extended her palm forward and a snowflake softly landed before melting. Is this all there is? Is this all that I've amount to? Having had enough Rin deserted her position as a member of the Minamoto clan.

After days of wandering around Rin ended up in a very ethereal world - the world of the Flower and Willow. Being young and inexperienced, Rin didn't understand anything about the place she had arrived in much less the complexity of Flower and Willow's alternate reality. But one thing was certain this world, which made a stark contrast with the other places Rin had previously seen, was truly paradise on earth. Grand and heavenly buildings built in the traditional Japanese architectural style flanked the alleys which in turn were filled with women whose presence was like that of a celestial being while men who accompanied them were clearly members of high ranks. But the majestic buildings and people were not the only unearthly even the atmosphere seemed different. By some sort of enchantment this place, which Rin would later learn to be Gion, was filled with towering trees, fragrant and impeccable gardens and even the rivers that sowed through the city was pristine. Qualities that in the current war torn planet was extremely rare.

In a transfixion Rin continued to meander through Gion unaware of the glances she was attracting due to her unsightly appearance. Before much longer Rin ended up in front of an Ochaya, a tea house, attracted by the ambrosial scent of the finest foods being masterfully crafted into meals. Then all of the sudden the Ochaya's sliding door opened and behind the noren appeared a Geiko (Geiko is the Kyoto dialect term for Geisha) entrancingly dressed in a black tomesode whose motif seemed to be of flowers and flying Herons tied together by a golden obi (sash), her hair elegantly styled in the Shimada style, and finally her face was milky white with crimson red accents. In a passing glance the Geiko looked at Rin before disappearing with her guest and all Rin could do was to watch the Geiko in sheer admiration.

Hours passed and Rin slept among the bushes before being lightly tapped and awakened. Reacting on reflexes Rin grabbed the small dagger she had been carrying and pressed against the person's throat drawing a small amount of blood. To much of Rin's surprise the Maiko (an apprentice Geisha) didn't flinch and even had a smug on her face. She quietly motioned Rin to follow her and within a few minutes they had arrived in a building which was modest but extremely elegant at the same time. As Rin entered she saw a giant wooden sign written 祇園甲部 (Gion Kobu). It'd be here that Rin would eventually be known as Katsuya a well respected Geiko known for her skills both as a performing artist and a pactmaker.
    Original art by Wanmeishala
    Graphic set by Seung-li

Passed between dreams and reality and disappeared like an illusion
    Because the moon that day was too far and my memory was vague

Please visit
    FanfictionRPGs: The School of Seven TowersTumblr

2. Likes Blackwaltz liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've been going back and forth with @Yuuchun in PMs.

My confidence in my ability to explain a point system has taken some damage

...but I don't want that to be a stumbling block to someone being able to play (and I'm hoping to start things this week). I think I know what Katsuya is supposed to be able to do, the abilities as described are fine, and she has the points to be able to do it. I quite like the character and I think we'll be able to sort things out as we go.

Dreams of a moonlit night Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cookie Green Tea Coke
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2014 10:49 PM
    Threads

To be honest I haven't seen an RPG where point allotment really mattered...to my experience it's more of a rough visual of how powerful characters are. But I think if we have sensible RP-ers that know when to ebb and flow the game should be fine.
    Original art by Wanmeishala
    Graphic set by Seung-li

Passed between dreams and reality and disappeared like an illusion
    Because the moon that day was too far and my memory was vague

Please visit
    FanfictionRPGs: The School of Seven TowersTumblr

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't either, but I do like the idea of it because it helps us directly outline capabilities and limits - not to mention it prevents us from coming up with random deus ex machinas for whatever reasons that things like that happen.

I don't consider myself the greatest RPer but even I understand the points system. I guess the main difficulty is simply understanding the definition of how an ability differs depending on the allocation of its points? I wouldn't really change it though because in the end it's going to keep us on track. O_o
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Something like it seemed to work well in Magic Mixer here. I've just had a lot of bad experiences in the past as a player in freeform games.

Also I've liked giving out points, and players seem to like improving their characters (where it actually feels like improvement vs. just pulling something out because you felt like it). Having a mechanic is also a bit relieving as a GM since that can determine a pre-Karma outcome, as opposed to always having to decide whether you hose this player or that one etc. I'm sure full freeform can work as well, I've just had issues with it.

Though, since I'm hoping this is a rather relational game, I don't anticipate those details mattering for the vast majority of the posts made.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 09-09-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

I didn't want to, but I did. You can thank Freddy for this.

Name: Mami

Culture: Bushido

Appearance (pictures allowed): https://yande.re/post/show/203631/ki...ki_kei_-yossa-

Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, love, and pleasure; also interested in nature.

Personality: A quite girl, she has only been seen making contact with people she knows within the Bushido culture and her friends. Outside of them, nobody tries to talk to her due to a rumor that if she is disturbed by a stranger, she would unleash her wrath on them, despite anyone testing the rumor. If anyone is lucky to see her at night, she can sometimes be seen removing her kimono.

Point Allotment:
    Skill - Martial Arts (20 Points) – Mami knows every martial art move known to man and knows how to use them.
    Power – Summoning (20 Points) – Mami is able to summon dragons to help her fight in combat.
    Reserved (40 Points)
    Power – Insight (20 Points) – Mami is able to predict the next set of events before they happen.
    Power - True Thought (20 Points) – Mami is able to counter moves/powers related to mind control and illusions.

Bio: Known to many as the “Maiden of the Dragons”, Mami is an oddball compared to the other members of the Bushido culture. While her martial arts are well noted to be one of the best, Mami is best known to summon dragons. The dragons she summons range from small, harmless pet sized dragons to tall and powerful dragons that even tower the largest buildings. Like Mizuki, Mami doesn’t need any weapons as her weapon of choice is the number of dragons that she can summon to battle. The Bushido culture has also sent her to the school of Seven Towers to further her training and to train along with two other members of the Bushido culture.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    I didn't want to, but I did. You can thank Freddy for this.

Name: Mami

Culture: Bushido

Appearance (pictures allowed): https://yande.re/post/show/203631/ki...ki_kei_-yossa-

Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, love, and pleasure; also interested in nature.

Personality: A quite girl, she has only been seen making contact with people she knows within the Bushido culture and her friends. Outside of them, nobody tries to talk to her due to a rumor that if she is disturbed by a stranger, she would unleash her wrath on them, despite anyone testing the rumor. If anyone is lucky to see her at night, she can sometimes be seen removing her kimono.

Point Allotment:
    Skill - Martial Arts (20 Points) – Mami knows every martial art move known to man and knows how to use them.
    Power – Summoning (20 Points) – Mami is able to summon dragons to help her fight in combat.
    Reserved (40 Points)
    Power – Insight (20 Points) – Mami is able to predict the next set of events before they happen.
    Power - True Thought (20 Points) – Mami is able to counter moves/powers related to mind control and illusions.

Bio: Known to many as the “Maiden of the Dragons”, Mami is an oddball compared to the other members of the Bushido culture. While her martial arts are well noted to be one of the best, Mami is best known to summon dragons. The dragons she summons range from small, harmless pet sized dragons to tall and powerful dragons that even tower the largest buildings. Like Mizuki, Mami doesn’t need any weapons as her weapon of choice is the number of dragons that she can summon to battle. The Bushido culture has also sent her to the school of Seven Towers to further her training and to train along with two other members of the Bushido culture.
    I've pondered a bit on how to implement what I think you want. There are a number of ways, just let me know which you like. Note that if the only other thing you're spending starting points on is 20 into martial arts than you could take two of these. Or just have your character a bit lower in starting points, which would make combining your three character go over better if that is your intention.

Anyway:
    You could summon as a magical discipline. This would essentially create dragons out of thing air, and you'd have a lot of flexibility in their type and abilities. However this makes summoning take a little while and is the weakest option.

You could have it as a power, in which case where someone else might launch a fireball you launch small dragons. Similar to the above option, but faster and less flexible.

You could have the tattoo on her back turn into a dragon. I think of this as a power or as having a spirit servent. You could do something similar for small dragons if you wanted to take this option twice. "Carrying" them around is still convenient, but getting them "killed" will leave you unable to summon them again immediately.

Finally you could have a dragon(or dragons) as companions(pets). These could be ancient bioweapons created during the war or something like that. This is the "strongest" option as it takes into account that it's difficult to have them around all the time, a big dragon would have trouble getting into, say, a cave, and if they get killed they're just gone and it'll be a pain to replace them or you might end up with the point going into reserve until you can do something else with them.

In any case towering over tall buildings is a bit much for that number of points, unless some illusion is involved, or you go with the blimp idea of how dragons actually could fly and breath fire. Give her some time to learn.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm just hoping Mami doesn't see my character and get confused. lol.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

@sunnyside I've thought about this for a bit, but I'm going to need your help. I'm choosing option 3 for Mami. I feel like that is the best option for her.

@Ranshiin Lol, don't worry. She knows what dragon(s) is/are going to be hers and what is not hers.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Point of clarity with Black-cat0001 and Juggernaut. They'd mentioned the sword in a post and wanted a poison effect from it. After some discussion what we've arrived at is that the sword does have that sort of bioattack, however it has a special condition to be drawn (and artifacts generally need to be bound). In any case Juggernaut can't use the sword yet, so I'm not making them spend points on it yet. That may come when they get more points through play and/or we get to letting players use their reserve points.

As a result relative to what they have on their character sheet their marital arts are +10, strength biomorph +5, agility biomorph +5

Member Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird's Avatar
    Gil
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2015 08:34 AM
    Threads

Name: Elisa va Elgarde
    Culture: Therian
    Appearance:

Personality: Although a Therian, Elisa is not the normal, friendly, family centered person. In fact, just like her animal, Elisa hates humanity and everything that comes with it. Quiet, aloof and distant, she stays away from everything and spends her days in the nearby forests, playing her violin. However, just like a wolf, if befriended she is the most loyal of companions. Being from a noble family, she is proud and sacrifices most anything for her honor.

Point Allotment:

Therian Culture Package (20 Points)
    [Skill (Sōjutsu: 10) ((Not quiet sure I am allowed this, but I want it anyway ;3))
    Biomorphs:
    Wolf: Basically become a wolf for an unlimited amount of time with all the things that means: runs fast, claws, teeth so on so on.. 20
    BioMagic: Channeling her energy through the moon crystal around her neck, Elisa can create an inpenetrable magic barrier made of ice diamond in front of her for 20 seconds, however the crystal must be charged under moonlight after every 10 uses. 9
    Magical Violin: Although not an actual power, her skill at the instrument can sometimes make people make decisions they did not actually want to make. When the notes fill the air, even the most icy heart is warmed. 1]

Bio: Born to the prestigious va Elgarde family form the long destroyed Commonwealth of Both Nations, Elisa was raised in pretentious luxury. However, with the death of her father, her mother decided that the only way to protect the prosperity of the family was to send her to the School of Seven Towers. While achieving outstanding results in tests and of course music, she has not made a single friend, or even acquaintance. In fact, for a long time she was suspected of being mute because she never said a word... mostly because she looked down on all the people she came in contact with. Will anyone ever warm her heart?

Hows that???
    All credit to Shirosenpai from Otaku Central

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by \\Seraphim View Post

Name: Elisa va Elgarde
    Culture: Therian
    Appearance:

Personality: Although a Therian, Elisa is not the normal, friendly, family centered person. In fact, just like her animal, Elisa hates humanity and everything that comes with it. Quiet, aloof and distant, she stays away from everything and spends her days in the nearby forests, playing her violin. However, just like a wolf, if befriended she is the most loyal of companions. Being from a noble family, she is proud and sacrifices most anything for her honor.

Point Allotment:

Therian Culture Package (20 Points)
    [Skill (Sōjutsu: 10) ((Not quiet sure I am allowed this, but I want it anyway ;3))
    Biomorphs:
    Wolf: Basically become a wolf for an unlimited amount of time with all the things that means: runs fast, claws, teeth so on so on.. 20
    BioMagic: Channeling her energy through the moon crystal around her neck, Elisa can create an inpenetrable magic barrier made of ice diamond in front of her for 20 seconds, however the crystal must be charged under moonlight after every 10 uses. 9
    Magical Violin: Although not an actual power, her skill at the instrument can sometimes make people make decisions they did not actually want to make. When the notes fill the air, even the most icy heart is warmed. 1]

Bio: Born to the prestigious va Elgarde family form the long destroyed Commonwealth of Both Nations, Elisa was raised in pretentious luxury. However, with the death of her father, her mother decided that the only way to protect the prosperity of the family was to send her to the School of Seven Towers. While achieving outstanding results in tests and of course music, she has not made a single friend, or even acquaintance. In fact, for a long time she was suspected of being mute because she never said a word... mostly because she looked down on all the people she came in contact with. Will anyone ever warm her heart?

Hows that???
    You can be more than just a normal wolf. Any preference towards size, strength, speed, leaping ability, etc?

Also would she have wolf ears all the time? That's common as it marks her as a theiran and give her better hearing without having to transform.

Member Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird's Avatar
    Gil
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You can be more than just a normal wolf. Any preference towards size, strength, speed, leaping ability, etc?
    I was just weary of being over the top, sorry How about:
    "Elisas power as a wolf corresponds directly to the faze of the moon. At full moon she is a nearly indestructible, God like creature twice the size of any normal wolf. However, as the moon becomes smaller she grows weaker to the point that if there is no moon she is little more than the normal animal. During day time she has the power of an just above avarage wolf (so faster, slightly stronger, but not by much)"
    Hows that?
    Also would she have wolf ears all the time? That's common as it marks her as a theiran and give her better hearing without having to transform.
    And tail for plus 100 cuteness factor!

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was just weary of being over the top, sorry How about:
    "Elisas power as a wolf corresponds directly to the faze of the moon. At full moon she is a nearly indestructible, God like creature twice the size of any normal wolf. However, as the moon becomes smaller she grows weaker to the point that if there is no moon she is little more than the normal animal. During day time she has the power of an just above avarage wolf (so faster, slightly stronger, but not by much)"
    Hows that?
    Well, there isn't anything wrong with that in principle and you could go that route. However that likely will make for some complicating factors, like me having to track night/day and moon phases, and your character wanting to delay stuff for weeks to get a favorable conditions. Those could potentially make for interesting situations. But you might want to consider a form you can always transform into instead.

And tail for plus 100 cuteness factor!

Heh.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-19-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Gil
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I see why its too complicated Okay I will just settle at being twice the size of a normal wolf and having slightly thougher fur (hard to cut through) and claws/fangs (can bite through metal)

Sorry for being such a pain

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I see why its too complicated Okay I will just settle at being twice the size of a normal wolf and having slightly thougher fur (hard to cut through) and claws/fangs (can bite through metal)

Sorry for being such a pain
    No problem I'm here to help...and the point system with packages seems to confuse everybody :/

So maybe for starting point distribution:

Therian package 20 points
    Biomagic 10 (for healing, buffing yourself and others, healing the land and the like. Maybe something she just was bothered to learn)
    Biomorph enhanced strength 20 (represented by size) (only when transformed)
    Biomorph armored hide/fur 10 points (only when transformed)

Martial Arts (spear focus) 10
    Power crystal barrier 10 (as above )
    Power speed 10 (usable in human form as well as a power)
    Biomorph penetrative teeth and claws 10 (magically enhanced teeth and claws are able to penetrate things those would normally have a very hard time with).

Violin can be for free as an interest per chargen rules. That sort of thing is fun so I encourage it.

I'll shoot you a PM about getting into the game.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-20-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Name:
    Skyla Owenstein

Culture:
    Celestial (Mother Celestial Father Pactmaker)

Appearance:
    4'3" average body size, waist long silver hair, light blueish-green eyes, mark around the neck, necklace hanging down that opens up to play a tune her mother used to play (Dark Sanctuary-Les Memoires Blessees), a marking of the Pactmakers city Yemowin (Practicers of the old way)
    1-Work outfit- White tank top covered by a buttoned up blue cotton jacket, semi holey shoes, jean capris, a ribbon to cover her neck, hair held back by strong string.
    2-Public outfit- Long white dress, open at the shoulders but floral down the arms, golden thread causing swirl designs, barefoot, slave collar (broken but unnoticable unless up close), hair pulled back by golden ribbon.
    3-School worn outfit- described in story do to change

Hobbies/Interests:
    Sewing, writing, listening to magicbox necklace[insert music], treasure hunting, reading, learning

Personality:
    Shy, avoids eye-contact, faint smiles to show enjoyment, helpful when she sees it's needed, tries not to be out there to be noticable, hides any pain inside but sometimes it slips and people can see right through her. On the other hand, once she feels comfortable and at ease around the person she perks up, is willing to discuss matters even if she is against it unless it is immoral, the unthinkable. Loves to explore and to be on her own but feels uneasy. She often goes into a prayer stance to see her mother. Unlike most Celestials, she can only see, can never speak to the deceased. Has an issue with her hair being in her face but fears to cut it.

Point Allotment:
    Skills-
    5 Nonmagic traps disarming
    5 Foraging
    10 Kampo (herbalism)
    10 Enhanced Strength
    10 Enhanced Resilience
    *15 Spiritual presence-feeling seeing hearing of the never living creatures
    Powers-
    Spiritual Package
    20 Communal Magic:This cannot be used on oneself. One can commune with another willing living person to telepathically
    communicate with them, heal them, ward them, or boost one of their abilities by your communal magic rating. One can
    commune with certain deceased friends and relatives to talk. Or one can always “pray” to the Celestial Entity for
    guidance or for a miracle, which has very unreliable and unpredictable results.
    Magic Disciplines-
    Artifacts/Companions-

Bio:
    At birth, her family lived in a small village of the name of Rhileon, a stop point between two major cities, one of Pactmakers, the other of Netherkin. The Celestials there openly assisted both, the Netherkin never gave thanks for the assistance, the Pactmakers rarely did. Kids ran around and smiled, was thankful for everything. The Therians who were forced into collars who stayed there sometimes played with the kids. But not Skyla, she stayed back with her mother, holding onto her dress, peeking over in hopes to see everyone else smile. She was born with the marking of the Pactmakers of Yemowin on her left hand, her mother thankful she was not born with full body markings, making her wear gloves.

Her mother would have a man over to visit, a Pactmaker named Hanze Negrume, theyd pass papers between each other, rare items traded for herbal packages. She grew to know him as a father type, even though he rarely showed.

At the age of eight, Hanze rushed into the town with two other men, with panicked words to my mother, she picked me up and hid her inside of a hidden door in the floor, all three men followed suit. Sitting there in silence, she had her eyes closed praying to her Guider for protection for her mother, a prayer that had not been heard. She spent hours down there with Hanze covering her ears and pushing her head into his chest as if he was trying to protect her from all the terror above.

When it had finally finished, they had allowed her to open the door and they saw nothing but true terror, the thing that gave her nightmares every day after. Items were grabbed quickly throughout the whole village, one man talking about Therians and asking Hanze why'd they had led them there. He never gave an answer.

Before leaving the village, Hanze introduced the two men, a Wanderlust named Sone, and a Magitech named Skimro. Skimro had taken apart one of the dead Therian's collars and disarmed most of its functions to place it upon Skyla's neck.

At the age of eleven, she learned how a group of Therian bandits were hired to stop Hanze from uncovering the reasons behind the beginning of the Apocolyptic War. It was also the starting point where she felt safe enough to be in the living quarters of the 'slaves' during travels that she would study from books handwritten by her mother of deeper prayers, focusing ones mind to commune with the dead, recipes of herbs to heal and hurt those around one self, ect. One night when everyone slept she began to focus, her mother came into view, but she lost focus and lost the sight of her, it brought tears to her eyes.

For Skyla's thirteenth birthday, Skimro and Sone worked together and made a necklace with a device on it that opened to play the song she hummed that was her mothers to put her to sleep at night. The nightmare began to reside, was capable of having full nights of rest without awaking screaming and having the three men worry about her. At this point she felt as if she had mastered bringing her deceased mother into view but no matter how many times it happened, she couldn't hear her voice, could not speak back to her. Skimro taught her how to forage spare parts from broken machines in ruins, it also came time where she began figuring out how to heal wounds on others skins and to put a type of protective field around a single person from major damage, she saved Sone multiple times from falling rubble, never big things, always small.

At the age of sixteen, her father informs her of a friend of his is seeking an item, never told her what item it was, but told her they were to spent every waking moment that wasn't busy to seek out this item for him.

At seventeen is when they found out where the item was, where her last journey begins without her knowing.

ETC:
    Hanze is energetic, out spoken, easy going, never puts any double standards during contracts with people, always making deals with contacts using items for information. He never opens up with Skyla about his past and shushs Skimro and Sone when they attempt to open up about it. Wears a light brown trench coat, pair of rustied out jeans, a tight fit dress shirt (Though he changes into a regular shirt when working in the ruins) eyes green, and hair buzzed short, his tanned skin shows just how much he is in the sun.

Skimro speaks slower than most people, mostly uses his magitech skills to let people know how he feels, though when he does speak, it is a weird awakening for the bystander he speaks with using terms long lost by the current civilization. His hair is snipped oddly blonde, eyes brown, averagely found in googles over his eyes, long sleeves, jeans, and a hat tyat coversbuis skin, fears to get a sun burn.

Sone mostly sings which annoys Hanze more often than let on, it seems any object picked up that could be used to play a tune he can use to make music, he only carries his orcarina. He is all smiles, fun filled, a little too easy going, but made everyone laugh and have fun when things aren't too serious. His eyes slimmed blue, rarely full open, has braided semi long brown hair, andnsometimes gets mistaken as a woman in his long baggy shirt and short tight pants, and very feminine voice.

Mother shows only as a specter, never a voice, but is gentle. Can only be seen by Celestials. Always with floor lemgh silver hair, long white dress, and gentle blue eyes.

EDIT: just details to npcs shell benwith
    Last edited by ELR; 09-23-2016 at 02:31 PM. Reason: additional skill
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

19. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Name
    Samsilus Slivers

Culture
    Therian (snake)

Appearance

Hobbies/interests
    Others brains, deep discussioms, things he doesnt know

Personality
    playful but dangrrous, willing to do anything to get what he wants

Point allignment
    20 Jaw dislocate/reattach
    11 hypnotic biomorph(once ones eyes lay upon his, they become frozen ans unaware of surroundings, the user losing eyesight as long as they are using it. Max 10 minutes. 50% chance of success)
    15 Body Biomorph ( turns into snake but no longer than 2 hours)
    8 Venomous Biomagic (a single spit flings out per each snake up sleeve, if it touchs the skin the person begins to feel ill but nothing too bad. 20% chance of success)
    10 Artifact/Companion Living Snake

Bio
    Has come to the school as a Therian spy for a group who does not wish for peace
    Last edited by ELR; 11-20-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ELR

Alright, so are you looking to have two separate main characters?

I've confused everyone on the points thing, and your main could take some more ability. However maybe you got it right and just wanted to leave more in reserve? Either way they're accepted!

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, blackwaltz made a comment about 2 characters. Was stated itd be wise so thered be some sort of interaction in game.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

Working on a character now. Should have her up by tomorrow ^_^

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Let me know if there is something I need to change.

Name: Phoenix (or Fefe)
    Culture: Wanderlust
    Appearance (pictures allowed): Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	84192 (Click to enlarge)
    Instead of the skirt, they are harem pants of the same color and her skin is a shade darker than it is in the image.She usually wears her hair in two braids.

Hobbies/Interests: She loves and lives to dance, she could do it anywhere with anyone watching and she is pretty darn good at it (prefers most of the forms of belly dancing and ballet to anything else). She sings a little too but never bases her money (or food)-making acts around it. She gained an interest in martial arts and practices often after leaving the War Dance tribe. She also loves music of all kinds and you can bet you’ll find her dancing to it. She loves food, especially home-cooked, but she can’t really cook herself.

Personality: As most Wanderlust individuals, Phoenix is a giver and a lover. She’s passionate and the type who is willing to help out her enemy if the situation calls for it. She has never believed in being "too bold" and is sometimes too blunt for her own good. She treats everyone equally man or woman, king or queen, unless they give her a reason to dislike them. It takes a lot to anger her though. She’s never truly been angry so she doesn’t know how she would act if that happened. She can be flirty due to being taught growing up with her tribe that when you’re attracted to someone, you should show it.

She has an intense fear of large bodies of water that she can’t see into or stand in. If the water rises past her waist, she starts getting a panic attack. This is partially due to the restriction of movement in water and that she can’t swim, but also a traumatic experience from her childhood.

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, Artifacts/Companions) :
    Wanderlust culture package (20 points) {Empathy (10 points, power); Grace (10 points, power); Freedom magic (10 points, magic); Illusion magic (10 points, magic)}
    Skill {Professional Dancer, any form, 10 points)
    Skill {Martial Arts (Capoeira), 10 points)
    Power {Trance Dance, she uses the Egyptian Figure 8 movement continuously and lulls the viewer into a trance that gives her a small window to make them do what she demands or for her to flee, 10 points}
    Power {Rings of Fire, starts performing a pirouette and spins faster and faster until there are rings of fire swirling up her form, then they disperse at will as she spins, sending powerful waves of burning flames in every direction, 10 points}

Potential (40 points in reserve)

Bio: As child, Phoenix was apart of the Magitek culture. She doesn’t remember much of about her parents at all. The tribe members that took her in, Mambo, Starseeker, and Spirit, all told her that her parents were neglecting her at the beach due to some gadget they were fixing and she waded too close the waves and was pulled under. She was submerged for no more than a minute before Starseeker pulled her out and onto shore.

She has nightmares about this incident every now and then. Not only could she not swim, but she also remembered a large dark figure underneath the water’s surface with glowing golden eyes. They stared at her, hungry and devilish. The creature was swimming toward her before she was yanked out of the water. She never found out what it was.

Anyway, apparently she was looking malnourished for a four year old and her parents obviously didn’t even notice that she was playing too far out for high tide, therefore Mambo, Starseeker, and Spirit demanded that her parents give her to them. There was little argument because her parents weren’t even ready for a child when it had happened and they were still too selfish to love one as they should. So she went with the three Wanderlusters to live and travel with their tribe, the Sun Dancers.

Growing up, Phoenix came to love her makeshift family and gladly adopted their customs, except for one that she couldn’t quite wrap her head around… or her heart. The Sun Dancer tribe was giving and loving of course, but they didn’t believe in selfishness at all—even when it came to lovers. Phoenix never experienced any of it inside of the tribe, being as young as she was compared to the other people, but she knew at an early age that when she found someone she truly loved, she’d want to keep them for herself. She knew this because she wanted Spirit’s attention all for her own. Growing up, she had the worst case of puppy love for him and hated that he would hang all over everyone else. When it came to sexual partners, she was a tad more loose.

At 16, she thought it was best if she left the tribe to go her own way and experience the world for herself. She left the tribe with only the clothes on her back, a hide satchel Starseeker had made for her, and a shawl crafted by Spirit. She traveled with no destination, dancing for fun and food, giving and receiving pleasure, but never falling in love. Whenever she had anything left over from what she made that day, she would give it to someone in need.

Less than a year out, she realized she needed to learn how to defend herself. She found a Wanderlust tribe that was deeply rooted in martial arts, specifically the ancient fighting art, Capoeira. They were called the called the War Dance tribe. She spent about two years with them, strengthening herself and finding out what she was capable of.

She spent year on her own, exploring and helping where she could before she heard about the School of Seven Towers. She saw this as an opportunity for a new adventure but also as chance to help close the gaps between different cultures so she enrolled without much thought.

References:

Capoeira:

Egyptian Figure Eight:

(Skip to 1:15).

Pirouette:
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 03-05-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@~Shobu~

I love the character. Pretty soon I'll send you a PM about getting into the game.

Although from a technical point of view it appears you've spent 105 points instead of 60. Note that Hobbies/interests effectively gives you free points in things, so maybe that could cover some of dancing and the singing. While acrobatics would combine with "grace" it's at least somewhat covered.

Based on what you put the effort into posting maybe
    Wanderlust package (20)
    Professional dancer (10 points on top of interest)
    Capoeira 10
    Trance dance 10
    Rings of Fire 10
    (also you might enjoy those more as powers. Magic is for when you're willing to trade potency and speed for flexilibity. If you just want one effect a supernatural ability is better as a power. You would want a magic discipline if you wanted all sorts of different fire effects from dancing including what you have but also a defensive ring, kicking to send out a fireball, just having burning feet/hands/aura while using Capoeria, etc) .

Sorry for the confusion! Again, love the character

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oh! Well that's embarrassing haha. I forgot about the number of points allotted and I went back to search for it but I finished her so late at night that I guess I overlooked it. Thanks for the revisions. I'll go back and edit her now. ^_^ Look forward to your PM. I can't wait to start!

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Name: Jasper Baire

Culture: Magitek

Appearance: Jasper wears a golden-colored vest over a white, long-sleeved, button-up shirt, which is itself tucked into white pants which reach down to his dirty, black boots. He is constantly seen with a brown workman’s belt around his waist which sits slanted on his hips under the vest. He has short, brown hair and carries around his grandfather’s multi-geared, brass pocket watch tucked inside his vest pocket.The chain can be seen in the opening of the vest near the bottom of the sternum.

Hobbies/Interests: Besides tinkering with any machine he comes into contact with, Jasper is fond of listening to the works of philosophers and public debates. He is not much of a reader, writer, or debater himself, but listening to good arguments seems to help him understand how the unseen world works (morality, emotions, and the human mind) while he likes to see how machines work by using his own two hands. He is also somewhat interested in fashion, though he would never willingly admit it. He has always been entranced by imagining the strange attire of the other cultures.

Personality: Jasper is hopelessly curious, and this curiosity has often gotten him into trouble. On the bright side, this curiosity usually allows him to see the world with open eyes, reserving judgment until the last minute. This has made Jasper a patient and easygoing person, despite the fact that he can be so enamored by a nearby machine or invention that he sometimes forgets those around him. He is much more inclined to think about actions instead of actually taking action quickly, and usually can’t think about more than one thing at a time very well. He is sometimes very defensive about his family name or, rather, the bad reputation of that name.

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, Artifacts/Companions) :

Magitek Package (20 points)

Science and Engineering (skill, 10 points)

Magitek (15 points, Magic)

Artifacts (15 total points):

Portable Light (not the most inspired name, but Jasper is working on that; 15 points): This small, cylindrical device created by Jasper’s grandfather illuminates a room to the equivalent of approximately 8 candles, and fits nicely in Jasper’s work belt. Lasts for quite a long time if the magic is carefully rationed.

Potential (80 points in reserve)

Bio:
    Jasper’s grandfather was an eccentric inventor who encountered success with many new inventions, as well as pioneering new ways to infuse machinery with magic. In his old age, however, he was ridiculed as being out of his mind and behind the times as new inventions replaced the ones he himself had made. Since that time, Jasper’s family has inherited the legacy of being ridiculed for attempting to create new inventions that many deem impossible. The fact that Jasper’s father grew up working with his grandfather only deepened the ridicule. Jasper always admired his grandfather and father, and lamented the fact that they were seen as incompetent. To make matters worse, Jasper has never been able to excel beyond his peers in mechanical prowess, and he feels that it may be impossible to rescue the Baire family name from derision.

An unknown benefactor has made provision for Jasper to be taken into the School of Seven Towers, a fact that has Jasper both excited and confused.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 01-24-2015 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Point reserve alteration

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information