AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: :) Jacob's Art...Comments welcome.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Default :) Jacob's Art...Comments welcome.

Ok here are my drawings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brighton3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	71171Click image for larger version

Name:	SkaterSketch.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	71172Click image for larger version

Name:	Brighton2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	71173Click image for larger version

Name:	EarlyTyson.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	71174
    These are early rough sketches of my original character Tyson..just simple poses.

Name:	Guardian.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	71175Click image for larger version

Name:	TopView.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	71176Click image for larger version

Name:	LunarDust.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	71177
    These are more current drawings of my story, a bio-organic city on the moon and one of the last 5 Guardians.

Name:	ReinaFaces3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	71178Click image for larger version

Name:	ReinaFaces2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	71179Click image for larger version

Name:	ReinaFaces_NEW.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	71180

Name:	Reina.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	71181Click image for larger version

Name:	Reina&Bethany2 copy.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	71182Click image for larger version

Name:	Amanda_Hesche_Concept.jpg
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	71183Click image for larger version

Name:	Bethany2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	71184
    These are so many different designs for my original characters Reina and Bethany....sigh they'll more than likely change again.

Name:	Evil Kayla.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	71187
    This is Kayla, the younger sister to Reina. She will also be in my story and as you can tell, she won't be a very nice character.

Name:	Spider-Clare.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	71186Click image for larger version

Name:	WonderTeresa.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	71185
    These are Clare and Theresa from Claymore as Super Heroes.

Name:	MegaTokyo Tohya Miho.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	71188
    This is Tohya Miho from Fred Gallagher's MegaTokyo
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 11-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: :) Jacob's Art...Comments welcome.

I like what you were trying to do, but for some reason it didn't work out for me.

The not as good pointers:
    - There's too much of a controversy and contrast between the head and the rest of the body. The body is nicely shaped, but the head you put on it doesn't fit it at all. The head is too manga-like, the body is too cartoon-like. Not to mention they give off two different vibes.
    - Konata's head is too sweet and cute. If you wanted to make her sexier, you should've given her different eyes and more sensual lips.
    - The right leg is a bit too small in comparison to the left one, but it's a minor detail, really
    - The right arm seems to be shorter than the left one if you put it in that position. I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but it looks a bit awkward.
    - The lack of background/foreground makes it unappealing to me, especially as a Christmas card! You could've added a shade of red, some shadows or even some decorations around.

The much better pointers:
    - You have a very good understanding of anatomy. I like the way you've shaped Konata's legs, breasts and her entire silhouette!
    - The colouring is nicely done. You clearly have an understanding on how colouring pencils work and how you should use them. I can see you've taken light and shadow into account, which is always a +1 in my booklet.

Things you may want to look into:
    - Try to stick to one general style for now. Perhaps it was your intention to combine Konata's cuteness factor and add it into a sensual picture, but it didn't work out because the cuteness in this picture breaks down the sexiness. A good example of combining sexy and cute would be for example: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DMXxB0A9hF...r%252Banme.jpg (Ho ho, I hope SOPA won't hurt me!)

All in all, this is just my opinion. Feel free to look into it or, not. :o
    I really want to see your digital version. Be sure to update it when you're done with it!
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Member Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane has a reputation beyond repute Morgane's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2013 02:54 AM
    Threads

It's pretty cute !~

I love the way you colour it ! except that ...the head and body don't fit together !

Anyway, you are far better than some people I know ~

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica:2641750
    I like what you were trying to do, but for some reason it didn't work out for me.

All in all, this is just my opinion. Feel free to look into it or, not. :o

I really want to see your digital version. Be sure to update it when you're done with it!
    Thanks Helvetica, I really appreciate the honest critique. . Yeah, there were a lot of errors in this one as I only had 3 days ti complete it before Christmas. Since I'm going to be digitally re-doing this, I can make an attempt to change and correct the issues relevant in it. The only thing is I don't know if I want to mess with the dress coloring...it came out way better than I thought it would. I hate coloring, lol.
    -------
    It's pretty cute !~

I love the way you colour it ! except that ...the head and body don't fit together !

Anyway, you are far better than some people I know ~
    Thank you so much Morgane, coming from you it means a lot. Yeah, Im going to try to correct the issues , in the drawing. (what I wouldn't give for 1/2 of your talent) Im happy you like the coloring...even though I think I suck at it. I'll post some more when I can.
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 01-22-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Senior Member AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Gir Penguin Death Note
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2016 06:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: AnimeFrost

Dang this is pretty good

Sword Art Online
    <3 Kirito and Asuna <3
    Quote: "Its easier to be yourself then to be something your not"

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFrost:2642147
    Dang this is pretty good
    Thank you so much!

Senior Member catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover Ferrari 456 GT2 Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2017 08:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*claps* That looks very good, @Jacob's Ladder . And I don't find the coloring bad at all. Did you draw it with a reference?
    ""Don't be upset because of what you can't do. Do what you do best, live as carefree and optimistically as you can, because some people aren't able to do that."
    -Keima Katsuragi (The world God only knows)

8. Thanks Jacob's Ladder thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by catie:2643246
    *claps* That looks very good, @Jacob's Ladder . And I don't find the coloring bad at all. Did you draw it with a reference?
    Thank you so much...and no reference was used for the actual drawing, only to make sure that Konata's look was correct. I wanted to give her a mature look...because her character is rather "young"...just didn't set well with me in the way I wanted to draw it.

Member CCpotter is on a distinguished road CCpotter's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2012 03:27 AM
    Threads

Nice work buddy, even though it's not that mature enough but definitely much better than mine! Hope you can stick in there and we wanna see your progress together

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CCpotter View Post
    Nice work buddy, even though it's not that mature enough but definitely much better than mine! Hope you can stick in there and we wanna see your progress together
    Thanks CC,if you want to see some of my art check out my old account, http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...WIP&highlight=

Member iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2015 05:18 AM
    Threads

I know how much difficult you face to draw this post.because this not your style ,,that's way you found your self mix up between manga and comic .but as I can see you don great job.
    with Some justified errors.if you look to the face you can see how much cut and showing anime Spirit . but in the other hand the body showing comic style and that which you don it perfectly.
    as you know I am not that good with colour so I'm not in place to say any thing about it .but the shadow,,,,, lights ,,,,,the chosen colour it's awesome.
    Last edited by iamdragon; 02-01-2012 at 12:02 AM.

13. Thanks Jacob's Ladder thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 07-16-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Member iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon has a reputation beyond repute iamdragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

please Allow me to post here just to Explains what I try say ..
    you know I'm not good at comic but I just tell you some efferents I know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20120202947.jpg‎
Views:	73
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	57482  

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by iamdragon:2645517
    please Allow me to post here just to Explains what I try say ..
    you know I'm not good at comic but I just tell you some efferents I know.
    Any help is good help. You should know that I won't be upset if post something like that. You're a good friend trying to help me not to suck at drawing. So am I mixing them too much? You make it seem so easy, and thank you for your help. Was the second drawing just as bad?

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I glad to hear that. thank you
    you know if you put your hand on her head ,,I mean cover her head and look at her body you will see 100% comic style which you done it perfectly, but if you cover her body you
    will see anime style which give you on it 60%,,
    the point not if your draw good or bad the problem is you done some thing the people see it as something weird,but you know I glad you back .no matter what you drawing ,keep it up ,you have talent.

18. Thanks Jacob's Ladder thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sorry...
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 07-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.

20. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

now you are on the right way ..but you know unfinished job make the judgement very difficult but I am sure from one thing You are AMAZING

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by iamdragon View Post
    now you are on the right way ..but you know unfinished job make the judgement very difficult but I am sure from one thing You are AMAZING
    Thanks, much appreciated. I'll try to see if I have time to ink it.

Member aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana has much to be proud of aristyopramana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2012 01:40 AM
    Threads

wow. I like your art. It's look pretty and cute. keep your skill up^^

sorry about my bad english

^^'a

24. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Junior Member lirio22 is on a distinguished road lirio22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2012 12:04 AM
    Threads

I loved your style! ^^
    I think you just need to train some texturized shading!

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@lirio
    Quote Originally Posted by lirio22:2654602
    I loved your style! ^^
    I think you just need to train some texturized shading!
    Thanks much for the kind words, and encouragement! Im only a novice when it comes to coloring. lol. But I'm willing to try new things...and take tips.

Moderator BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori) has a reputation beyond repute BluGru Mitsuo (Tori)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Raccoon Jade Disc Soul Eater Soul
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2020 12:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Blugrutori

now i remember!

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@BMTHTori Thank you for remembering, and the kind words about Kayla and the Angel drawings. I really appreciate it.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    I like! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.
    @Jasanime Thank you as well, any one of you particularly liked?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information