AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My father is a jerk!

Senior Member ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 06:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My father is a jerk!

Hi all. I got my SAT scores back and i got a 1690. I know I'm able to get into the college I want to go to, but my dad won't even let me seen in a application. He says it's too "white," and yelled at me at how I want to be white and not black. And no, I have never been in a majority black school in my life. He's such a jerk right now. Should I do anything or just not talk to him for a few weeks?
    Ah, the power of yuri! You know you want it.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Blog worthy hmm i dont think that you should open thread of this but i'll ask bean meanwhile this has been report

But as far it goes it is too white i don't understand how an application can be too white? also congratulation on your SAT scores and the black comment do you mean that you want your race to be white? you act white? anyway if you where black doesn't that help you with solarships?
    Last edited by Jose; 11-20-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Senior Member gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu has a reputation beyond repute gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2008 05:03 AM
    Philadelphia, if not there, in your girlfriends pants...
    Threads

Maybe you should try to explain to him that you want the best education available so you can prosper...having a good education is the best thing anyone can do to represent their race, be it white, black, yellow, green or whatever.
    It seems his view is rather closed minded but he also likely grew up in a time when Blacks were constantly and openly ridiculed when they tried to "be White".
    If you are searching this space hoping for something deep or profound you will find only disappointment...

Rotating sig program courtesy of Clint at Clintonio.com want one too? Pay him a visit.

Member luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun has much to be proud of luvtoshikun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2008 08:47 PM
    Threads

Unhappy

Wow I hope u feel better.if I were u (just what Id do) I'd ask him if ur future is more important than thinking things like that. ppl should go to college if its a possible option.

(just to make it clear its just what Idd say. dont say anything if u think it'll make him even madder)

Senior Member ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72 has a reputation beyond repute ichigosama72's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmm, they all sound like things to say, but I already tried that. I was only able to get 6 words out because the moment i said "send in application" he started yelling at the top of his lungs saying "YOU'RE NOT WHITE!! YOU'RE BLACK!! DON'T TRY TO ACT LIKE THEM!" And other things that would get me kicked off of this forum if I repeated them. Oh well. I guess I just won't talk to him for a while.

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

Ignore Jose101 we've had threads like this posted before...

Your father is just being extremely biased because you want to get a higher education, you want to have a good paying profession you want to do something with your LIFE.

He also appears to be crazy but I can't tell because this is the Internet... There are so many black people that have gone to college you should be one of them, what is you're dad anyway, humph. Going to a black-majority school means absolutely nothing.

But don't let your father or anyone else in matter decide you're future throw him aside what he is saying is so 60's and just plain arrogant and full of stupidity.

Ichigio take charge of your life cause when you turn 18 or 30 you're going to be wishing that you went to college or followed the footsteps to better opportunities that you wanted.
    Last edited by Niome!; 11-20-2007 at 06:40 PM.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Jose, for the last god damn time, you are not a mod.

I see. So he is attempting to stifle your future and goals because of his racism? Why listen to him? Do what you want. You are in control, no matter how much he may yell. Take charge of your own life and let the rest be damned.

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

I say you should try to show him that your education is much more important than the race of the people your being educated with. Tell him that hes not the one whos going, so he should let you make your own decisions. Wait, your 16 and already going into college? Wow... Well I took my ACT test last year and got a 22 (which is apparently really good, especially for 8th grade) and my teachers say that could get me into most colleges right now >.> Maybe your father isnt letting you go, not because he doesnt like the people but becuase he just doesnt want to let you leave at such an early age? o.o
    Last edited by -Kitsune-; 11-20-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Jose, for the last god damn time, you are not a mod.

I see. So he is attempting to stifle your future and goals because of his racism? Why listen to him? Do what you want. You are in control, no matter how much he may yell. Take charge of your own life and let the rest be damned.

that is why i put BUT I WILL ASK BEAN!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Umm, yelling isn't the problem, it's the fact that he's paying for it and my dad doesn't mind bringing out the belt to "knock some sense in me." And to Gyakusetsu, I've asked my dad a few times what acting "black" or "white" means. He changes the subject most of the time and whenever he does answer the question he just says I watch too many movies that star white people or that I listen to Frank Sinatra and other white artiest and bands and not enough rap and R&B. By doing such things I'm trying to be white. I don't like rap and R&B! I can't help it!

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jose101 View Post
    that is why i put BUT I WILL ASK BEAN!!!
    Has it not yet dawned on you that you may be viewed as a bootlick?

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ichigosama72 View Post
    Umm, yelling isn't the problem, it's the fact that he's paying for it and my dad doesn't mind bringing out the belt to "knock some sense in me." And to Gyakusetsu, I've asked my dad a few times what acting "black" or "white" means. He changes the subject most of the time and whenever he does answer the question he just says I watch too many movies that star white people or that I listen to Frank Sinatra and other white artiest and bands and not enough rap and R&B. By doing such things I'm trying to be white. I don't like rap and R&B! I can't help it!
    Lol that has nothing to do with it. Listening to a genre of music or acting a certain means nothing to skin color and all it is - is skin color!

Racism is so flawed that it all truly is skin color with untold amounts of stupid prejudices.

About this belt thing though, why don't you tell you're mother or don't give a damn about what he says. It's your life one hundred percent. If you seriously need help getting into college I bet if you asked you're guidance councilor, principle, or anyone in a big position in schools or something about this they'd help you.

I suggest you force down your fathers throat that question what is acting black or white and the fact that many black teenagers that are becoming young adults go to college and they're leading successful lives. I want to know if your father went to college at all and if he didn't if you want to repeat history?

Why can't you?
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, my dad went to college (sorry for not saying that before) and he's very successful man. I think it was because he saw his brother and a friend fluncked out of a white school. I told him that was a long time ago, but he just won't listen. And my teachers and principal have been talking to him for about a year now about the college i want to go to, but he still won't listen! I give up. I'll just to the other school. It's not bad, I've heard it's good, but i just wasn't the school i wanted to go it. Thanks guys for you comments. Oh, and my mom knows about the belt thing. She just says "it's just how he does things sweetie.' I live in the South so using physical force is the norm.
    Last edited by ichigosama72; 11-20-2007 at 07:14 PM.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's been an age since I've had to apply anywhere, but if you're worried (and I mean you personally, not your dad) you can always attend a junior college for the first year or two to save on money and to work out what you want to do with your education. I do believe you've a good chance at getting a scholarship as well. I'd talk to your guidance counsellor at school and see if he or she can get you the applications you need and if there's a way you can get the replies sent to your school instead of the house so you can be sure you get the school's replies. Good luck!
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Again sorry for not saying this before, but my parents both hate the thought of a jr. college and the school that i want to go to is about $4,000 and something to the other is $3,000 and something. Money is not the problem at all.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So what is your problem?
    Are your parents paying for your education or will you?
    If they're paying for your college tuition than I don't understand what you're getting so worked up over, unless it's your school choice.
    From what I was getting from what you posted, your dad doesn't want you in college at all. I suggested a way you could apply to schools so you could get the education you want. If you're not needing assistance or are interested in furthering your education, then, that's your problem.

Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

NO! If you're saying that I don't want to go to college you're wrong. I do, and so does my dad, it's just that the college i want to go to is better for what i want to major in, which is pre-law. They have connections with law schools. I just talked to my day a minute ago on the phone and he said that the work load would be too much for me. Look, i don't mean to sound like a brat or anything, if I am. I'm just confused right now that's all.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Who the hell is your father? John Singleton?
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ichigosama72 View Post
    NO! If you're saying that I don't want to go to college you're wrong. I do, and so does my dad, it's just that the college i want to go to is better for what i want to major in, which is pre-law. They have connections with law schools. I just talked to my day a minute ago on the phone and he said that the work load would be too much for me. Look, i don't mean to sound like a brat or anything, if I am. I'm just confused right now that's all.

Yes i get it now but what school do you wish to attend? As for I want to go Harvard I also what to go in the field of pre-law, it is going to be very hard and i don't think that your dad is jerk just for wanting the best possible school, however i do believe that he has to lighten up a little bit, but also he is not lying to you i have already started and man it is hard unless your dad is 100% sure that you can attend an ivy league school then i think that you should apply for all the colleges that are willing to give you free rides

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by jose101 View Post
    Yes i get it now but what school do you wish to attend? As for I want to go Harvard I also what to go in the field of pre-law, it is going to be very hard and i don't think that your dad is jerk just for wanting the best possible school, however i do believe that he has to lighten up a little bit, but also he is not lying to you i have already started and man it is hard unless your dad is 100&#37; sure that you can attend an ivy league school then i think that you should apply for all the colleges that are willing to give you free rides
    One's parents have no say in whether or not a person has the ability to get into a school. I suppose what that means is money, but even so, one does not have to pay directly. There are plenty of scholarships which one can apply for, grants and such can be found as well. There is also financial aid which you can apply for by filing a FAFSA, in addition to student loans that you can apply for. I myself got screwed out of financial aid and scholarships, and of course I can't get any grants, so I'm paying for almost all of it on my own using student loans, which I don't have to start paying back until 6 months after I graduate.

Anyway, if you want to go the this school, and you are set on it, then all the more power to you.

I find it rather dumb that your father wouldn't let you go because he thinks it is a "white school". That is the kind of thinking that causes there to be "white schools" and "black schools" still. If it is a good school and you are willing to put in the work, there is no reason why you should not be allowed to apply. If he wants you to succeed in life, such things are necessary, and as an adult he should realize this.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Has it not yet dawned on you that you may be viewed as a bootlick?
    Some people think their insane rep gives them authority over members. >>;

About your dad, just go to college, get an education, become really freakin' rich, and than rub it in his face.

I'm black as well and I'm going to Uni~

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's just wrong. That black and white thing doesn't matter! That was wrong of your father to say something like that. Those things have been covered up by Martin Luther King.
    Going to a Good school (university) is Great! If your dad doesn't approve of it, then I guess you'll have to save up, so you can go to a better school.
    I think the better way to do it, is to talk to your dad. Not talking to him isn't the best way to settle it. But, it really is up to you and your dad.
    Hope you and your dad will clear it up soon.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

uh flunk your dad, it's your life. Do what you want. if he does this you can emancipate yourself.

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

Hmm... Sounds to me like your dad is one of those discriminatory anti-discriminatories. GAWD I hate those. Like those rallies where the guy is all like "IT IS THE WHITE DEVIL" or whatever... I'll tell you this much straight up. Listening to him and depriving yourself of a proper education will be the most devistating choice you will ever make.

Worst comes to worse, just forge your parents signature on an armed services thing when you turn 17. By the time you're off active duty you'll be able to jump right into college with military funding, plus whatever else you're getting.

If you turn 18 before you go to college, you can just give your parents the "bird" as I like to call it, and go get a great education. They'll thank you later when it's your money that you earned by going to college that's keeping them out of the old-folk's home. If they won't accept your "white money" as he might call it, just put them in the old folks home and go about your business.

Either way, go get a college education at all costs.
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I did CTRL + F for some research and I was a bit surprised that no one has said "racist" yet. It's interesting because I draw a fine line of what is and isn't racist, and such comments as your fathers pass that line.

Anyway, your story sound a bit strange and a bit hard to believe. Your father seriously has no other reasoning against your education other than the fact that it is "white"?
    If this is really the truth, then my advise it to consider what you originally wanted to do and its consequences, then consider what your dad wants you to do and it's consequences. Perhaps your dad has a good idea and you haven't realized it yet... anyway consider the options. Right now it seems like your more upset than anything, but I'm sure that you'll make the wisest choice if you stop and think it through.

EDIT: I just noticed that Sagat said racism. Thank God.
    Last edited by Wio; 11-20-2007 at 11:07 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information