AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this forum based at little kids

Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is this forum based at little kids

I just get the feeling it is because they censor actual words like the name of a female dog and they call it profanity.

I asked if anyone knew a dark anime series and no one knew it even though I found it now but won't mention its name because it will probably get censored. This anime would make kids cry and even some grown people cringe.

But what I like about it, is that its realistic and its not like the little childish anime where they are all predictable and the Women are super powerful, Even more powerful than the Men which I find stupid but obviously little kids must find awesome for some reason.

Opinions.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Is this forum based at little kids

The forum is targeted at all ages, and, yes, children are included in that. As such, we enforce some minor language and content rules. Based on years of being on this site, I'd estimate our largest age demographics are between the ages of 12-16 and 20-25. A good rule-of-thumb is if it wouldn't be okay on prime-time tv, it's probably not okay here.

And with regard to the anime you were asking about, it sounds fairly similar to Go Nagai's Devil Lady, but the description isn't really enough to go on.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 07-17-2011 at 03:34 AM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's exactly the sort of thing a child in junior high school would say, actually; "I wasn't swearing, Ms. A, it's the name of a female dog, see, it's even in the dictionary".

Also, some grown men are turned on by the idea of super powerful girls, which explains a lot of anime plots.
    Last edited by Datenshi; 07-17-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

4. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

Personally, I dislike the censorship of swear words [in general] as I see no point to it.

However, I haven't complained about it on this forum because I know from experience that it's a rule no site will change. I put up with the rule because I like this forum. I you like the forum I'd suggest putting up with its rules as well.

6. Likes Meteorkeeper, nrL liked this post
    ☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Let's vote how old do we think the OP is.
    I suggest....12?

8. Likes *Tsuki*, Nanobyte, blueangel06661 liked this post
    Member D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 11:45 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    our largest age demographics are between the ages of 12-16 and 20-25. A good rule-of-thumb is if it wouldn't be okay on prime-time tv, it's probably not okay here.
    Sir, if you've been through high school, you know most people ages 12-25 are swearing and/or are not offended by it. Plenty of the anime discussed here is probably not fit for prime time T.V. (and prime time tv blows anyway)

I find the basis on which you justify the censorship... disturbing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	star-wars-force-trainer-vader.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	46803

@squareenixx
    I feel where your coming from, and it's lame that they won't let you curse. But you're not helping your case with the female dog thing. For the mean time, put up with it till the people in charge grow up a little, or find another forum that allows you the luxury.

I think though that you're saying "dark" when you mean "mature". Take the anime-manga series Black Lagoon for example. Awesome, full of gore, foul language, nudity and sexual implications. Serious anime, but not 'dark'.

If you want dark, I suggest Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade, or even select episodes from Ghost in the Shell. Very dark themes, but mild in it's explicitness. Hell, even episodes from FMA are pretty dark in nature.

Just take into account that the majority of the people here are probably not into the more mature-focused anime, the more adult oriented stuff is probably a minority amongst the boards here as well as anime itself. But keep looking, and you will eventually find something.

So yes, Gjallarhorn is right that this site is aimed at 12-25 year olds, but I do disagree about rule.

10. Thanks Vanilla Tsundere thanked for this post
    Likes Vanilla Tsundere liked this post
    Dislikes *Tsuki*, nrL disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by D-V-L View Post
    Sir, if you've been through high school, you know most people ages 12-25 are swearing and/or are not offended by it. Plenty of the anime discussed here is probably not fit for prime time T.V. (and prime time tv blows anyway)

I find the basis on which you justify the censorship... disturbing.

Well it's up to each individual of what they watch and what they say. But it's not up to them what they are subject to on a forum. No one knows what post contains what until they read it. It's better to just have it censored and clean.

To the OP: I curse frequently everywhere outside of this forum and outside of other professional places. But when there are kids around no matter where I shut my mouth as it's the right thing to do. Quite honestly I don't want people cursing all over this forum. It's nice and clean and I'd like to keep it that way and I'm probably older than you. It's easier to have it censored as not offend anyone. Plus we do have kids here and I don't want to promote it.

Good luck finding a job that will allow you to curse all over your workplace. While you're at it say "But boss.. It's the name of a female dog.." See how that works out for you.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 07-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

I don't really care for the whole censorship thing either, it kind of disappoints me, but it's not that bad~ I can get my point across in writing just as well without those interjections. As for some dark anime, um...FMA has some dark tendencies, Elfen Lied as well (but I recommend the manga more than the anime, and only if you're okay with blood and stuff.) and I'm guessing Death Note, but everyone and their dog has seen that.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

Dark anime?

Nothing but Texhnolyze.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post
    I just get the feeling it is because they censor actual words like the name of a female dog and they call it profanity.

I asked if anyone knew a dark anime series and no one knew it even though I found it now but won't mention its name because it will probably get censored. This anime would make kids cry and even some grown people cringe.

But what I like about it, is that its realistic and its not like the little childish anime where they are all predictable and the Women are super powerful, Even more powerful than the Men which I find stupid but obviously little kids must find awesome for some reason.

Opinions.
    You're either going to be a very hated member, or just some noob that runs off crying after a few days of being here.

These "kids" are very familiar with all kinds of anime. If you crap your pants to anime that's your problem.
    Don't insult this community or you'll have some serious trouble around here. ;D

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Let's put the ban on swearing another way. If it was allowed chances are we'd be seeing quite a bit of it. And by a bit I mean a lot. There would be countless numbers of swears per page on a topic. I personally don't want to see it. Do I swear, yes, but only in response to something bad. I don't use it in every day conversations, just when I do something like stub my toe. But there are people who'd use it in normal conversations and I don't want to regularly see such language. Not because it's offensive (a word only has meaning if you give it such) but because there are more intelligent ways to say something then resorting to swearing.

16. Likes blueangel06661, *Tsuki* liked this post
    Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I'm pretty sure you can mention whatever anime you want...

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm pretty sure you can mention whatever anime you want...
    You can. Butthurt makes people call irrational accusations.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

Member D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L has a reputation beyond repute D-V-L's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 11:45 PM
    Threads

@blueangel06661
    Your naivety is cute. I'm older than you, I've got a job, and my coworkers choice of dialogue is far from appropriate. I'm fine with us bieng in disagreement, but don't confuse me with the original poster and make the issue so personal.

Cheer up, eh.

@GameGeeks
    I can run with that. I mean, I still think it's kinda lame but I am chuckling at the thought of reading "flecking A".
    Also, owch on the intelligence remark. Plenty of smart people swear like sailors (I'd like to think of myself included). But whatevs, its all good.
    Last edited by D-V-L; 07-17-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

@D-V-L In normal conversation, yes. But a forum gives you a chance to really think out your post before responding. As such you have plenty of time to think of alternatives. In a normal conversation you don't tend to have more then a few seconds to come up with a response and even then you're semi on auto pilot as you more react then anything. I.e., you're not always thinking I'm gonna say this and this next.

Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

swearing isn't a good thing i think-- never a good one.
    even childish anime are pretty interesting just if you would try it--
    learn how to appreciate one and from there you would love every childish anime you would have your eyes on...

enjoy fella x)

Junior Member Twitchamoo is a splendid one to behold Twitchamoo is a splendid one to behold Twitchamoo is a splendid one to behold Twitchamoo is a splendid one to behold Twitchamoo is a splendid one to behold Twitchamoo is a splendid one to behold Twitchamoo's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2011 09:33 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Twitchamoo

We should be able to communicate our emotion without the use of swearing anyway. It makes for a better post I think.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It annoys me to see constant barrages of swear words and I am quite content with the lack thereof on AF.
    In fact, if AF did allow swearing I would not be here.
    If people are unable to communicate without swearing, consistently, I see no reason to stay around and deal with them.

The way I see it, swear words are supposed to be used as a way to get out anger or pain but there are better adjectives and adverbs out there to use than the stereotypical swear words.

Wikipedia says:
    "However, the overuse of swear words tends to diminish their beneficial effect. Linguistic research has also shown that the physiological reactions of individuals who are proud of their education are similar between exposure to obscene words and exposure to bad grammar."

So, just because AF censors out swear words doesn't mean that it's aimed for little children. I'd like to think AF is filled with people who aren't complete numskulls and make an attempt at using words that can convey a more accurate meaning than overused swear words.
    I believe having a vast vocabulary is important as well and shows a sense of maturity and intelligence when people are able to use words that mean something rather than a swear word. People are too lazy these days. They think by using swear words they're all grown up and it makes them more intelligent because they're considered older. Of course, people will deny that but people start swearing when they're younger, thinking it makes them look cool and older.
    I see no point behind it, and thus, don't swear unless I feel the situation is significant enough to use them.

Which is why I would have no interest in your "dark" anime that "would make kids cry and even some grown people cringe."
    Anything that's described that way sounds automatically lame in my opinion. I mean, seriously? How unoriginal. Kids these days hardly cry, anyway. If you want something realistic and gruesome, go watch the news.

Oh, and "its not like the little childish anime where they are all predictable and the Women are super powerful, Even more powerful than the Men which I find stupid but obviously little kids must find awesome for some reason."
    Woah, wait, what? Did no one else see this?
    I find it extremely offending how you would say such a thing. From what I see, you're saying that women aren't/can't be super powerful in real life and can never be more powerful then men.
    How is that childish, exactly?
    A lot of real life is predictable, by the way. If you come across an anime that's completely unpredictable you really can't say that it's realistic because it's outside of your realistic thinking for it to even be able to happen.

24. Likes GameGeeks, blueangel06661 liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OP, there are two things bothering me with your title.
    1. You forgot your question mark, Kid.
    2. "Based at" isn't even the correct term. At all. It would either be "for little kids," or "made for little kids." You know, for someone who tries to act like an elitist "Internet smart guy," you probably should fix that English first. :U

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D-V-L View Post
    @blueangel06661
    Your naivety is cute. I'm older than you, I've got a job, and my coworkers choice of dialogue is far from appropriate. I'm fine with us bieng in disagreement, but don't confuse me with the original poster and make the issue so personal.

Cheer up, eh.
    Actually I was only talking to you for this part of the post... I forgot to put a break in..

"Well it's up to each individual of what they watch and what they say. But it's not up to them what they are subject to on a forum. No one knows what post contains what until they read it. It's better to just have it censored and clean."

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

AF's for all ages kiddo. It's cool if you're 12 or 30. No one would really care.
    Cursing is censored cuz AF isn't promoting it. Plenty of other sites that cater to those that let loose the haterade, hombre.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I find it strange that w-e-e-a-b-o-o is censored here. I like to know why. I like to know under what criteria was that word censored as "anime fan?"
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    I find it strange that w-e-e-a-b-o-o is censored here. I like to know why. I like to know under what criteria was that word censored as "anime fan?"
    You obviously don't know the meaning of the word. It's pretty much like "retarded anime fan" rather than just "anime fan"... It's supposed to be offensive in the anime culture. If you like being called that then.... LOL!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I actually don't like the fact that they replace that word with anime fan, as they are clearly not interchangeable. I actually find it insulting that one would think they are.
    A w-e-e-a-b-o-o would be:
    Someone who thinks Japan is superior over EVERYTHING. Not in reference to someone who likes to watch some
    anime, reads some manga, eats some teriyaki once or twice a month, etc. The main difference is that a "W" doesn't care about the culture, where a non-"W" (I don't know the term, and I don't want to use otaku which is, in fact, a derogatory term) does. A "W" speaks Japan-file (i.e. Kawaii neko!! Can I hug your neko-chan?). However they are not to be confused with someone who is still learning Japanese. A "W" will obsess over no more that ten anime/manga and then claim to know EVERYTHING there is to know about Japan. They base the majority of their knowledge, if not all of it, of Japan on really bad anime. And in total, treat anime like a false god.

Last edited by Vanilla Tsundere; 07-19-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    They also pretend that they are Japanese and living in Japan despite the fact that the only place they know of is Tokyo.

"So, you live in Japan, eh?"
    "Yep. In Tokyo."
    "Where in Tokyo?"
    "...The...ummm... The east...side."
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information