AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michele Bachmann endorses homosexual "reparative therapy"

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Michele Bachmann endorses homosexual "reparative therapy"

Lake Elmo, MN (CNN)-In her campaign for president, Michele Bachmann touts her background as a small business owner.
    "A small business job creator," is how the Minnesota Congresswoman and Republican Presidential candidate described herself in her first campaign ad in Iowa.

That business is Bachmann and Associates. It's a Christian counseling service located outside Minneapolis. Bachmann started the center with her husband, Marcus who is the lead counselor at the clinic. The aspiring first couple and their children are pictured on the center's web site.
    For at least five years, Bachmann and Associates has faced accusations it uses a controversial therapy that encourages gay and lesbian patients to change their sexual orientation.

Andrew Ramirez, a former patient at Bachmann and Associates, said in an interview with CNN he witnessed the practice first-hand. In 2004, Ramirez turned to the clinic at the urging of his mother who wanted him to talk about his homosexuality.
    Just 17 at the time, Ramirez said he was immediately skeptical of what one of the clinic's counselors told him.
    "It was therapy that would help me change from being homosexual to straight," Ramirez said. "If I did this and worked his therapy program, God would perform a miracle and I could no longer be gay," Ramirez added he was told.
    Ramirez was assigned a therapy program consisting of prayer, reading Bible passages, and mentoring with an ex-lesbian minister. If none of that worked, Ramirez said the counselor had another suggestion.

"Not acting out on my same sex attractions and living a life of celibacy," Ramirez said.
    After the second session, Ramirez told his mother, Beth Shellenbarger, he wanted to stop the therapy.
    "And I could just hear his voice quiver and I just said, 'you know, Andy, if you're good with being gay then I am too,'" Shellenbarger said.
    The American Psychological Association is sharply critical of efforts by counselors to change a patient's sexual orientation, what's known in the mental health community as "reparative therapy."

"There is insufficient evidence to support the use of psychological interventions to change sexual orientation," one APA report said.
    Marcus Bachmann has suggested parents of gay teenagers can turn to religion for help.
    In an interview last year with the "Point of View" talk radio program, Bachmann was asked how parents should deal with a teenager who thinks he or she is gay.
    "I think you clearly say 'what is the understanding of God's word on homosexuality,'" Bachmann said. "We have to understand barbarians need to be educated. They need to be disciplined and just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn't mean we're supposed to go down that road," he continued.

In 2006, Bachmann denied his clinic engaged in reparative therapy to "City Pages," a Minneapolis newspaper. "That's a false statement," Bachmann said. "If someone is interested in talking to us about their homosexuality, we are open to talking about that. But if someone comes in a homosexual and they want to stay homosexual, I don't have a problem with that," he continued.
    This week, a gay rights group called "Truth Wins Out" released to CNN a hidden camera video recorded by one of its activists who posed as a patient at Bachmann and Associates.

In the video reviewed by CNN, a counselor can be heard suggesting homosexuality can be treated at the center, to varying degrees of success.
    "You can actually leave homosexuality completely and become heterosexual?" the undercover activist asked on the video. "Definitely," the counselor responded. "It's happened before. It really has," the counselor added.
    But the counselor cautioned he is not an expert on the subject.
    "I don't have a ton of experience with this. I mean, a little bit here and there," the counselor added.

Michele Bachmann has a long history of controversial views on homosexuality.
    As a senator in the Minnesota legislature in 2004, Bachmann called for an amendment to the state constitution that would block gay marriages in other states from being recognized in Minnesota.
    "If we allow this to happen, group marriage, polygamy, and much worse would not be far behind," Bachmann said in a video to her supporters.
    In an appeal to socially conservative Iowa voters earlier this month, she signed a "Marriage Vow" pledge that also equated same sex couples with polygamists.
    Both Bachmann and her husband declined to discuss the clinic's practices. A secretary at the clinic referred all questions to the Bachmann presidential campaign. A sign on the center's door says "no media."

A statement released by her presidential campaign said the Bachmanns were unable to comment on the clinic's practices out of respect for its patients.
    "The Bachmann's are in no position ethically, legally, or morally to discuss specific courses of treatment concerning the clinic's patients," the statement said.
    The issue has followed Bachmann onto the campaign trail. Asked about the clinic's practices at an event in Iowa Monday, Bachmann dodged the question.
    "Well, I'm running for the presidency of the United States. And I'm here today to talk about job creation," Bachmann told WHO-TV. "We're very proud of the business that we've created," she added.
    article: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...chmann-clinic/

and.. this is someone that wants to lead the nation?
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

2. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
    Likes Vintniv liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Michele Bachmann endorses homosexual "reparative therapy"

As much as I try not to dislike the Republicans, extremist right-wingers like her keep appearing like fleas to remind me just how distasteful they can be to me.

Oh, and that "marriage vow" was such a joke! I said 2 or 3 weeks ago that Michele Bachmann would become Sarah Palin #2, and so far she hasn't deviated from the course I predicted.

4. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes Aleyna liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It kinda reminds me of the anger management classes.

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post

That's what she said.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, when Bachmann becomes president, she'll put all the gays in hetero camps. Oh no!

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    As much as I try not to dislike the Republicans, extremist right-wingers like her keep appearing like fleas to remind me just how distasteful they can be to me.
    Yeah...

Sorry, but I would never want to be associated with Conservatives/Republicans just because this. It's just so ridiculously stupid.

Can't we please get a sane conservative that isn't clouded with pushing their backwards prejudices upon the country?

~Made by me~

9. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes animeyay liked this post
    Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathanromml View Post
    That's what she said.
    I don't understand

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I don't understand

That's what she said. You have asked if she wants to be a president. I have confirmed it. She indeed wants to be a president. So, I have basically answered your question. What's not to understand? lol

I believe the personal believes are not a factor determining whether one can be a president or not, are they? Sorry, not really familiar with US law

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathanromml View Post
    I believe the personal believes are not a factor determining whether one can be a president or not, are they? Sorry, not really familiar with US law

while I firmly think the same, you have to understand that in the US, unlike some European nations, it's pretty common for politicians to use their power to exert their religious/personal beliefs.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nowhere in the article does Mrs. Bachmann ever say she endorses reparative therapy. The clinic might use it; the husband probably doesn't approve of homosexual marriages, and Mrs. Bachmann doesn't either. However, the President has no real say in marriage. Unless that some how changes, I don't see any reason to worry myself on whether or not she condones where I put my privates under contract.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 07-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.

14. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat, Wio liked this post
    The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's stuff like this that make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end and i get the sudden urge to punch something, preferably a republican.

16. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes Aleyna liked this post
    Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ericgamer1 : She lives in Minnesota, where I live. I say that her and Tim Pawlenty(another Republican from Minnesota that wants to run for President) are evil. It's their fault pretty much of why Minnesota's government is shut down right now, in my opinion. >_>
    Last edited by Aleyna; 07-13-2011 at 04:56 PM.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is really messed up and I don't think she'll ever be president like that.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

....alright, I will leave the country now. This is too much and just plain outrageous.
    I think she needs therapy herself to even think an idea like that.

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Who the hell let this crazy hoochie out the nut house? O_O
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This is truly only a thread than you, Eric, could have ever started.

Has anybody else seen that episode of South Park on this thing?

But you know, I thought that it was a cartoon, and that place like this doesnt ACTUALLY exist. Mostly because I have always had that little niggling doubt in the back of my mind that 'people cannot be that stupid.' Well thank you Eric, thank you for proving me wrong...

DIE IN A FIRE BACHMANN.

22. Likes Jose, Skylar1 liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Yeah we know she's a crock, we know Palin is a crock, we know Beck is a crock, we know 98% of Republicans are crocks and not to mention crooks. But what we don't know is where the pie is.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Michele Bachmann needs "get hit with a stick" therapy.

I have nothing really constructive to offer other than that.

25. Likes Token Black Guy, Aku no Hikari liked this post
    There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Last I knew Michele Backmann claimed to be a young earth creationist. This is way less stupid then that.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

27. Likes Jose, Gjallarhorn liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I agreee with Bachmann. Don't know what are you all so butthurt about. (Yeah, pun intended, you queers)

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

29. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat, Anoleis liked this post
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

This is pretty messed up. However, I'm not defending this woman's opinion in any way, but how someone feels about homosexuality isn't the end-all-be-all of someone's political campaign/career. I'm not saying this is okay, I'm very against it, but endorse =/= this is going to happen. It means she recommends it. And considering the amount of liberals in the US I doubt it'd get accepted anyway.
    Last edited by Vanilla Tsundere; 07-14-2011 at 06:35 PM.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

As a conservative myself, I view Michele Bachmann as a liability rather than a positive force. Not only does she focus on the issues that do more harm than help, but I highly doubt she even has any game plan for the issues that actually matter to the nation. At the end of the day, not a single candidate with public support will arise on the right because of the foolish games the popular frontrunners are playing.

32. Likes animeyay liked this post
    Member Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2011 04:19 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    However, the President has no real say in marriage. Unless that some how changes, I don't see any reason to worry myself on whether or not she condones where I put my privates under contract.
    Not right now, no. However, when DOMA is repealed (something the Obama administration said they are going to work on repealing) then the government does have a say - including the President.

I don't understand why everyone is so against it so openly. You don't like the idea of gay marriage? Fine. Not like it's gonna effect you in any way, shape or form once it's legalized. The way I've seen those on TV say that Homosexuality will lead to Bestiality is ridiculous; it's like saying eating a steak (or meat in general) will lead to cannibalism.

So far, none of the Republican candidates look like they'll stand a chance of getting Obama to be a one term president (yay).

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Android 18 View Post
    Not right now, no. However, when DOMA is repealed (something the Obama administration said they are going to work on repealing) then the government does have a say - including the President.
    The federal government has no say in marriage laws. The states will fight to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 18 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so against it so openly. You don't like the idea of gay marriage? Fine. Not like it's gonna effect you in any way, shape or form once it's legalized.
    So I haven't any right to oppose something because it won't affect me? Well gee`wiz, I guess 4/7 of the people out there who openly oppose child porn don't get a say in the matter. Pity.

Member Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18 has a reputation beyond repute Android 18's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2011 04:19 AM
    Threads

So I haven't any right to oppose something because it won't affect me? Well gee`wiz, I guess 4/7 of the people out there who openly oppose child porn don't get a say in the matter. Pity.
    Except that a marriage between two consenting and willing adults who love each other is totally different than having sex (or watching someone) with a child who probably has no idea what is happening and is scared, screaming and/or crying for them to stop. Plus it already breaks the law of underaged sex where a child does not have the ability to consent to such a thing (because their brains aren't nearly developed enough to make such a decision). o.O Terrible comparison.

Marriage is a right that so many people have the power to take advantage of and abuse (divorce, adultry, etc.). Yet the only reason a couple that loves one another, and just happen to be gay, can't marry one another is because it conflicts against ones religion (it's the only defense I've seen)? That's pathetic. Especially when those people probably don't follow everything their religion says to begin with. For example, I bet some of those people eat shellfish or cut their hair - all things in the same area of the bible that says it's sinful for a man to lay with a man.

I'm completely for people following and believing their own religion or any religion. But religion is the governance of the self; it's a guideline for that person to lead their life with, not to infringe their beliefs onto others or to use those beliefs to keep people from being able to do perfectly healthy things with their life.

36. Thanks Jose thanked for this post
    Likes Jose liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information