AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: Doctor Who

I have to say that while Donna was insufferable in the beginning, she really grew on you. Becomes one of the better companions as you keep watching.

Martha... well her run gave us Blink. And she was barely in it, which was good. And I guess the Shakespeare ep wasn't horrid. Completely dull as a companion otherwise I fear. Doctor needed someone who'd be his friend, not be pining over him, and Martha wasn't it.

2. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Im really looking forward to the John Hurt arch. Maybe we'll get to see the Time War *w*

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Dr. Who

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    What you need to remember is that most scenes of doctor who are shot in an old quarry in Wales and when they are doing scenes like the park from manhattan with the daleks trying to create new daleks they CGI'd the landmarks in and shot the scene in a park here in the UK.

Also
    This is just general stuff now
    The doctor never uses a weapon like a gun for he has the sonic screwdriver that can pretty much do everything that he needs so having a gun is pointless.

Another note
    Doctor Who is the longest running TV show in the world since it has been going since the 60's, and the original creator wanted the series to avoid the typical bug eyed alien effects. The show was meant to be educational with the Historical settings teaching about the past hence why one of the travel companions was a history teacher and the future settings were to teach moral stories.
    Actually I'll have to say no to it being the longest running. You can't count the period of time between the 7th Doctor and the 9th Doctor. The 8th Doctor was a movie so it doesn't count. That Distinction falls to NBC's Meet the Press which has been on the air since 1947. And you're also wrong on the gun aspect. The 4th Doctor used one developed on Gallifrey known as the De-Mat Gun.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Actually I'll have to say no to it being the longest running. You can't count the period of time between the 7th Doctor and the 9th Doctor. The 8th Doctor was a movie so it doesn't count. That Distinction falls to NBC's Meet the Press which has been on the air since 1947. And you're also wrong on the gun aspect. The 4th Doctor used one developed on Gallifrey known as the De-Mat Gun.
    Alright then longest sci-fi program then perhaps and also doctor who started in 1946 so it's start date is earlier than that show you mentioned. And it's not like he uses a gun every episode though, there are times like you mentioned but other than that he uses either other technology to help stop evil plans or be uses diplomacy
    Last edited by aether; 06-01-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alright then longest sci-fi program then perhaps and also doctor who started in 1946 so it's start date is earlier than that show you mentioned. And it's not like he uses a gun every episode though, there are times like you mentioned but other than that he uses either other technology to help stop evil plans or be uses diplomacy
    Sorry, but again wrong on the start date. You're off by seventeen years. It first aired in 1963.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    I have to say that while Donna was insufferable in the beginning, she really grew on you. Becomes one of the better companions as you keep watching.

Martha... well her run gave us Blink. And she was barely in it, which was good. And I guess the Shakespeare ep wasn't horrid. Completely dull as a companion otherwise I fear. Doctor needed someone who'd be his friend, not be pining over him, and Martha wasn't it.
    Talk about dull, Clara had absolutely no personality other than "witty" and "nice", and absolutely no character flaws that made her feel more human.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 06-01-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Clara seems very Romana in a way. I like it.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Sorry, but again wrong on the start date. You're off by seventeen years. It first aired in 1963.
    *face palms* duh of course I know it was 1963 so why the hell did I say the 1946 for? My mind evidently is in holiday mode at the moment. However the re-launch first aired in the UK on the 26th March 2005

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm with Eris, I liked what I saw of what little I've seen of her so far. But I can't really be a good judge on that front since I choose not to pay for cable and just get the DVDs when they come out so I've only seen random episodes at friend's houses.

Senior Member Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Playing Cards K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2013 02:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHADOWSNIPES56

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Im really looking forward to the John Hurt arch. Maybe we'll get to see the Time War *w*
    Indeed I can't wait for it I really want to see if John hurt can be a awesome doctor and yes we might see the Time war well we just have to wait until the 23rd november. :3

The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get.
    ~Aisaka Taiga

3DS friend code: 3024-5737-8747
    ~Evoke2111~

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Riamu.Midori View Post
    Indeed I can't wait for it I really want to see if John hurt can be a awesome doctor and yes we might see the Time war well we just have to wait until the 23rd november. :3
    After having a younger doctor for awhile now seeing a much older version will be nice actually as it will bring an air of wiseness

Senior Member Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

After having a younger doctor for awhile now seeing a much older version will be nice actually as it will bring an air of wiseness
    Indeed it is nice to see a much older doctor it makes a good change of things and I also hope that the master makes a come back I really miss that character and it is a really good chance to bring him back since the next episode is going to be the 50th anniversary and all.
    Last edited by Riamu.Midori; 06-02-2013 at 09:48 AM.

~Aisaka Taiga

~Evoke2111~

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Indeed it is nice to see a much older doctor it makes a good change of things and I also hope that the master makes a come back I really miss that character and it is a really good chance to bring him back since the next episode is going to be the 50th anniversary and all.
    They need to make the Master more like the older Doctor Who version I found the new Master some what too bad guyish if you know what I mean, I guess he lacked the class of the old one.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

They need to make the Master more like the older Doctor Who version I found the new Master some what too bad guyish if you know what I mean, I guess he lacked the class of the old one.
    Yeah I agree with you 100% the new master seemed to be a little bit meh if that makes any sense there is just so much jelly babies and Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child you can throw at me before I like the modern master, I hope if they do bring the master back and they find a new actor and write a decent script for him/her.

~Aisaka Taiga

~Evoke2111~

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah I agree with you 100% the new master seemed to be a little bit meh if that makes any sense there is just so much jelly babies and Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child you can throw at me before I like the modern master, I hope if they do bring the master back and they find a new actor and write a decent script for him/her.
    Well the Master has to be a him since well the title says it all 'The Master' and not 'The Mistress' lol that would make it sound so wrong on many levels hahahaha

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well the Master has to be a him since well the title says it all 'The Master' and not 'The Mistress' lol that would make it sound so wrong on many levels hahahaha
    Fair enough it would sound a little bit wrong.

~Aisaka Taiga

~Evoke2111~

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Fair enough it would sound a little bit wrong.
    Indeed so, so yeah that's how things are

Member Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy has a reputation beyond repute Slyy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2013 07:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xRUBIXNOOB

I have only ever watched Dr Who a few times and i never got a great deal of enjoyment from it (which is punishable by death in England) its okay i could watch it but i would never go out my way to watch it. from the ones i have watched i think David tennant is the best of many doctors.

20. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    We have a season six thread here but a little Doctor Who general never hurt anyone.
    Smith is better than Tennant and Eccleston. Just sayin.
    BLASPHEMY! Lol
    I totally don't agree!
    I loved Tennant and was devastated when he left...I can't watch it now, as I really don't like the writing anymore.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja View Post
    BLASPHEMY! Lol
    I totally don't agree!
    I loved Tennant and was devastated when he left...I can't watch it now, as I really don't like the writing anymore.
    Well you may be pleased to know Matt Smith is leaving now and is going to be changing at around Christmas time

23. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Moffat needs to stop down as the writer already. His writing mechanics have gone stale and their overused, and he seems particularly lazy.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

25. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Moffat needs to stop down as the writer already. His writing mechanics have gone stale and their overused, and he seems particularly lazy.
    Nahhh I still find the stories interesting truth be told

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

28. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I am into the older Dr. Who series; William Hartnell, Patrick Troughon, Jon Pertwee and Peter Davison.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Nahhh I still find the stories interesting truth be told
    The stories in themselves are ok, but he really CANNOT write female characters. He makes them so needy; their lives always revolve around the Doctor and they have no spunk in my opinion.
    Last edited by Thefringedninja; 06-08-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake :P
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

31. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information