AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coulda-woulda-shoulda-didn't

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Coulda-woulda-shoulda-didn't

That comic only proves my point further. Batgirl is wondering if Harley and Ivy are a pair, and they're just friends with raunchy attitudes. And Harley quips back that everyone assumes the same about Batgirl and Supergirl. Because in this day and age, girls can not simply be friends with other girls. It has to be a lesbian relationship.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

Well batwoman is openly gay. yet doesn't appear in the movies or on TV. She's have been great in Young Justice or brave and The Bold.

And you can't say Wonder Woman spent 3000 years on her island in celibacy.

There are tons of DC and Marvel lesbians left out of the shows.

Betty and Veronica could do better too

Anybody got any others who should have been gay, but weren't?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 05-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Batwoman has been on TV and Film. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman#In_other_media
    Just not the way she is in the comics.

And Wonder Woman's sex life isn't info I'm privy too, nor is anyone else. You can spectulate all you want, but in the end you're just spectulating and dreaming with a hard on. Just like the rest of those all except for the Thundra.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Which is the point of this thread. So again, who here has a cartoon characters who Could have, would have, and SHOULD have been gay?

Archie did recently pass over Betty and Veronica for a member of Josie and the Pussycats. And they have an openly gay character named Kevin in the comic.

So since they're cut loose, think Betty and Veronica will hook up?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 05-17-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

And my argument is that it doesn't matter what you think is a cute couple, or what you think could, would, or should make a relationship. If the creators deem there to be a relationship than there will be. It's not like Maverick and Goose Iceman, where it's obvious with what's going on between those "wingmen". It's you crying about why two characters regardless of plot, storyline, character universe, and any other factors that would prevent your OTP from happening.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That argument would hold weight if for example Disney stuck to the original version of the fairy tales they animate.

Since they don't... denied.

Speaking of, anyone else planning to see Malefecent next week?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    That argument would hold weight if for example Disney stuck to the original version of the fairy tales they animate.

Since they don't... denied.

Speaking of, anyone else planning to see Malefecent next week?
    Wrong. It still holds weight because even the people creating the re-makes and re-imagings for Disney and other animation studios aren't putting in said relationships.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Deathblade i don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this. yes shipping characters who have no connection makes no sense, but clayton is talking about finding forced relationships that were shoehorned into the plot to throw the trail off of a possible gay/lesbian relationship.

and even if he did get into shipping seemingly random characters, even from different universes, what's the harm? i think you're blowing this way out of proportion. there doesn't seem to be much interest in the actual topic of this thread, so the sooner you stop lambasting the op, the sooner it will probably die off.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    Deathblade i don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this. yes shipping characters who have no connection makes no sense, but clayton is talking about finding forced relationships that were shoehorned into the plot to throw the trail off of a possible gay/lesbian relationship.
    You mean forced relationships like two close friends or two sisters? Because platonic relationships just aren't cool enough, there must be a lesbian subplot!

and even if he did get into shipping seemingly random characters, even from different universes, what's the harm? i think you're blowing this way out of proportion. there doesn't seem to be much interest in the actual topic of this thread, so the sooner you stop lambasting the op, the sooner it will probably die off.
    You're probably right, but it still erks me to no end, especially considering with other threads it seems to be the only thing he yammers on about.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Wrong. It still holds weight because even the people creating the re-makes and re-imagings for Disney and other animation studios aren't putting in said relationships.

You haven't watched Once Upon A Time have you...?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    You mean forced relationships like two close friends or two sisters? Because platonic relationships just aren't cool enough, there must be a lesbian subplot!
    Like the Lion King, Herculese, Bambie, and more?

Nah, Disney wouldn't do that

And I mean like when Kevin Levin was made a good guy to date Gwen rather than say Charmcaster.

Explain that one.

Now for the last time this isn't whether they DID or WILL, but characters you think COULD have been gay.

So either stop flaunting reality around this cartoon based thread or leave.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-26-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So either stop flaunting reality around this cartoon based thread or leave.
    I'm just gonna leave this here to bask in the wonderfulness of this quote... Though I think you forgot something.... AH!

So either stop flaunting reality around this -Fanfiction- based thread or leave.

There, much better.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So do you agee or disagree? Damn we need a sarcasm font....

Anywho once again trying to wrangle this BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC, if you could hook up two girls (or guys if you want) from any cartoon because you think they would have made a good couple, which would it be?

Note in maleficent the prince (who she does not love) got to kiss her lips, but Maleficent had to settle for the forehead. How unfair is that?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-26-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And they did it!

They made Korra and Asami a real couple.

There, spoilered that for you. Can't believe people are still whining about THAT relationship when her cousins seem... a little closer than they should.

Anyway who do you think is next now that they broke the mold? They have been dropping hints about Bon-bon and Lyra on My Little Pony.

Any guesses on the next lesbian couple in cartoons?
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-26-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Member version15 will become famous soon enough version15 will become famous soon enough version15's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2015 11:49 AM
    Threads

It was certainly a surprise, despite the hints. I'm more surprised Nick went through with it, though apparently one of the original animators, had no idea that that scene was going to be in there.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

In my honest opinion it really does not matter. I don't care. Kids are going to learn about this. For those of us in the United States it is all about freedom to do what the hell you want. So just let them be and quit throwing a fit. I can't find any show on regualr broadcasting that does not have at least 1 gay couple on it. It really just isn't a big deal anymore.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Who is throwing a fit? I'm celebrating!

I'm not gay, but I do support freedom.

Anyway back tot he topic. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They are the only 4 (okay there was a series with a 5th female turtle, but that got cancelled) members of what is basically an all male species. They where rainbow colored masks despite the fact that this does nothing to conceal the fact that they are giant mutant turtles. Oh and they are all named after gay men from the renaissance period.

Why are they not gay again? Heck for that matter... how do we know they are male?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-28-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well Marceline and Princess Bubblegum are canon now too! Now we're getting somewhere!

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/artic...gum-once-dated

Last edited by Clayton_n; 02-25-2015 at 03:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information