AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Why do you think anime is associated with nerds?

Junior Member MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2009 03:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why do you think anime is associated with nerds?

About 90% of the people I know consider it nerdy. I'm one of the "coolest" people at my school and no one would even imagine me watching anime. It's pretty shitty because its something I enjoy and that I think others would if they gave it a chance.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nah, the Anime crowd aren't real nerds. They aren't quite nerdy enough for that. That being said, a lot of nerds to watch Anime.

Really, after high school, nerdliness is the new cool. After the looks of the popular kids fade, and they get lifetime jobs flipping burgers and selling groceries, the nerds make money, and get hot chicks.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-14-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You can't change people not liking it. Obession stouts the mind & if you've ever talked to a hardcore anime fan it gets annoying & nerdy.

What's your favorite type of music?
    L Arc En Ciel & Maximum The Hormon!!!

What type of shows do you watch?
    Naruto, Bleach, DBZ

& that's cool if you're being interviewed by an anime website, but don't expect girls/guys to not call you a nerd & laugh at you.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 01-14-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typo

louder now. KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Red Dango 311 - Plusle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 11:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: no way suckers:D

anime is so not nerdy obviously any one who says that has not experienced or basked in the anime goodness lol. usually because it has anime in comic form (manga) they associate nerds with reading comics. it's a common thing that fools who know nothing of anime should say that it's nerdy.

Junior Member MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI is a glorious beacon of light MC_SI's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2009 03:38 PM
    Threads

The other part of it is that on average the people who talk about anime are the nerdier type.

Why do you think they do while the more "popular" and "gangster" kids dont.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Nah, the Anime crowd aren't realAfter the looks of the popular kids fade, and they get lifetime jobs flipping burgers and selling groceries, the nerds make money, and get hot chicks.
    Too true. I remember a jock dbag from my old high school who used to think he was the greatest thing the world has ever seen, and all the popularity BS that surrounded him.

Back in Brandon just this Christmas while on leave, went to a restaurant with my family. Turns out he was our server, unfortunately I believe he was too dumb to notice my large grin.

All that football he played for the Massey Vikings didn't do him a lick of good once he entered the real world.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

The funniest reason I've heard from people was that most of the anime fan are nerds, because they can't find a girlfriend in real life, then they end up looking at anime girls because the first thing that goes into their minds is that japanese made stuff is unique, and the anime girls are drawn beautiful, and possibly get attracted by the huge breasts that anime girls all has that we find today. I hope this is not the real reason why, but this is what it comes to my head when I saw this thread.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan- View Post
    The funniest reason I've heard from people was that most of the anime fan are nerds, because they can't find a girlfriend in real life, then they end up looking at anime girls because the first thing that goes into their minds is that japanese made stuff is unique, and the anime girls are drawn beautiful, and possibly get attracted by the huge breasts that anime girls all has that we find today. I hope this is not the real reason why, but this is what it comes to my head when I saw this thread.
    Well those Megami magazine posters came off a while ago, but I might put them up again.

That's partly true. that & the fact when most of your money goes to anime you will not be able to buy clothes that look "kewl" & you'll look like the odd duck. The odd duck is usually called a nerd because all he/she can think about is _____. If I were talking to a magazine that's about anime, I will talk just about anime. If I were talking to a girl I wouldn't even think of bringing it up.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
    Well those Megami magazine posters came off a while ago, but I might put them up again.

That's partly true. that & the fact when most of your money goes to anime you will not be able to buy clothes that look "kewl" & you'll look like the odd duck. The odd duck is usually called a nerd because all he/she can think about is _____. If I were talking to a magazine that's about anime, I will talk just about anime. If I were talking to a girl I wouldn't even think of bringing it up.
    Oh~That sounds very true to me as well. It's sad that they spend all the money they have to get things anime-related, and for some reason, I assume those money are from their parents because then they wouldn't be confident enough to go out and work to face society. It's sad...

Also by looking at the "post your picture" thread, I happen to see LOTS of nerds/semi-nerds.
    Last edited by -akichan-; 01-14-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan- View Post
    Oh~That sounds very true to me as well. It's sad that they spend all the money they have to get things anime-related, and for some reason, I assume those money are from their parents because then they wouldn't be confident enough to go out and work to face society. It's sad...
    Sadly that's true in some aspects in my case. I do however care about my appearence & don't spend every cent on anime just a little more than 40%.

Take note kids that don't work:
    Put your money in seperate piles that your parents gave you or WORK.
    Anime & Mango/ Clothes
    Anime shirts are NOT clothing. They are meant for cons or home.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Closed. If you arent sure why, then read the Misc rules thread.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||