AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The YouTube thread

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The YouTube thread

For this thread, I want to make a discussion on youtube. Here are some of my initial questions and feel free to add your ingredients to the pie.

Here are some things you can talk about

Do you have a youtube account?
    -Then talk about whether you put up videos or just have an account for the sake of seeing flagged videos, and what kind of stuff you put up and why.

What are your favorite youtube channels?

Do you think youtube encourages or crosses the line on copyright infringement?

Do you think there are some channels or videos that need to be put down?

Do you think some people (ie, the IrateGamer) should really be paid for what they're doing?

But those are some basics.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, what has been upsetting me about youtube recently is that they are removing videos from the AngryVideoGameNerd and the guys who did the Juggernaut parody video. Though for separate reasons. I mean, there are people who blog in their underwear and yet they don't get in trouble!!!

I believe since the Angry Video Game Nerd is not 100% violating any of YouTube's policies, I feel his videos should not be put down for "inappropriate content." If you don't want to see his video, don't watch it. I don't think that's very fair to treat one of the biggest celebrities on youtube. Granted his content is offensive, but are there other weird channels out there that should be canceled?

As for the My Way Entertainment guys, I feel the copyright infringement is somewhat loose. It's not like they are taking the entire episode, the episode itself with the original audio and then making money off of it. And it's irnoic that Marvel Entertainment is using the trademark line of "I'm the Juggernaut b*+(#" in some of their own comic books and movies. Quite the irony, huh?

These guys are not asking for your money. They just want to make people laugh and promote the products of the original companies. My Way Entertainment made the old school X-Men somewhat popular again amongst fans (WHY IS SABAN NOT RELEASING THE DVD!!!!????).

And many have ranted on the unoriginal and uninspiring IrateGamer. The guy practically steals the format of the Angry Video Game Nerd and he's actually making money!!! Plus, he takes down videos of others that rant on him or show any clips of his videos because of loose copyright infringement!!! I mean, he is 100% like James Rofle! This guy is as low as Carlos Mensteala.

Copyright is such a vague and loose discussion. It's even more difficult than interpreting the 2nd Amendment. I feel if you're not uploading a whole movie or TV series and making money off of it while the original people aren't, then I think that's another story.

And to conclude, I do happen to run my own review show on youtube for anime and occasionally post AMVs and other kinds of video blogs. Granted I post clips on my show, but I always indicate that I am using the footage strictly for educational purposes and encourage those who are interested to buy or rent the DVDs. What I do is time consuming and helluva lot of hard work. But it pays off that I am getting people interested in the anime that I review and my viewers appreciate that I review some of their favorites.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

- I do, indeed, have a YouTube account under the name "theAsterisk." I don't post videos, though; it'd take far too long on my computer.
    - I've never bothered with channels; I usually just search until I find something amusing.
    - There's a boatload of DBZ episodes posted, along with Naruto; they need to be taken down. The Funimation dubs are routinely eliminated at the corporation's request, but there are still a whole bunch of 'em in Spanish. These should be removed to keep people from bad0mouthing YouTube further.
    - I usually just find some wackos spouting off about politics, conspiracy theories, or E.T. and debate them into the ground for entertainment. There are a lot of old concerts and music videos there too (I mean old - 70's & 80's) that I watch, though those might be illicit, too.
    - Most AMV's are terrible. Every now and then I'll find one that makes a wonderful joke or pun, but most just reek.

- WeeklyTubeShow has the dumbest, funniest re-dubs I have ever seen.

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    Threads

I dont like youtube that much.. I prefer this one: http://veoh.com/

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager View Post
    I dont like youtube that much.. I prefer this one: http://veoh.com/
    I love veohtv.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Senior Member Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 10:36 AM
    Threads

[Yeah I have a user account paran0ia and I upload amv's I make that's about it. Youtube isn't a site I visit too often for anime and such because they of their policies veoh is much better although now they force you to download veoh tv which brings popups and spyware to your comp. Another good website is stage 6 they are pretty much the same as veoh and have lots of vids and anime to watch free of charge and such. Youtube is what it is people can upload almost whatever they want but in the end there are much better sites out there ~de arimasu
    Samuraipanda [STAFF] 2008-04-02 00:26:25
    i would like to touch her bun
    Katybear [MOD] 2008-04-02 00:27:45
    O.o .... Whos bun? lol
    Metronome [VIP] 2008-04-02 00:28:01
    Uh-oh...thought you were hibernating, so you gonna maul him now or later? X3
    Welcome Back, Metronome! There have been 527419 posts, 29053 threads and 53924 blog entries since your last visit at 04:33 AM 06-05-2009.
    LOL oops...

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a youtube account but I prefer not to post the link cause I say some rather innapropiate things and I don't feel like deleting my older vids.

YouTube is a double sided sword I guess, in it that people who like to entertain can get themselves noticed or what not and some people use copyrighted material to gain viewers and or use youtube as their personal storage for those animes I hate that are so popular with the younger kids.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsen Yuki View Post
    [Youtube isn't a site I visit too often for anime and such because they of their policies veoh is much better although now they force you to download veoh tv which brings popups and spyware to your comp.
    They did that to conserve bandwidth, but they don't anymore so you can stream the whole thing on site..

Senior Member JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2008 05:06 PM
    Threads

Hey, if you guys would like to know how to download YouTube movies I could show you. This way you could view your favorite YouTube videos even with the Internet down!

Google up "flv download". There are programs that will help you download flvs, but don't bother with them. Instead, look for site locations where you can drop the url of the YouTube video, and get a link to download it at a click of a button. You can also do this with Dailymotion vids. Try out other video hosts that use flash as a medium to process videos, the flv downloader sites might recognize them too.

Examples:
    http://www.quchao.com/video/
    http://keepvid.com/
    http://videos.yamour.com/How-to-download-youtube-video/

Next, you need a media player that will recognize FLV files. Google these up too, there are good free ones. I recommend BitComet FLV Player, it's free and is one of the slickest ones out there. It doesn't take long to download.

http://www.download.com/BitComet-FLV...ml?tag=lst-0-3

Alright, have fun downloading all the YouTube movies you've ever wanted. Remember to open the FLV files using the FLV player you now have.

I hope that interested somebody.
    I am JuicedUp, aka Wark_Ento...

----
    Anime Mangatism Forums - JOIN if you're a manga artist!
    ----

"They say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well, I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people." -- Eddie Izzard

Senior Member Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I still like stage 6 you don't have to dl anything lots of material and if you want you can dl the file straight to your hdd without the need for any add-ons
    O.o .... Whos bun? lol
    Welcome Back, Metronome! There have been 527419 posts, 29053 threads and 53924 blog entries since your last visit at 04:33 AM 06-05-2009.
    LOL oops...

Senior Member JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp has a reputation beyond repute JuicedUp's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What format are the downloaded Stage 6 files in?

----
    ----

"They say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well, I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people." -- Eddie Izzard

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

divx
    O.o .... Whos bun? lol
    LOL oops...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmm. How do you download divx vid files from Stage 6? Is there a link you click that is located next to the video?

----
    ----

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

when you first click on the link to the video when it loads up the video will have 2 buttons on it 1 is to play the video the other (a downward facing arrow) is to download the file
    O.o .... Whos bun? lol
    LOL oops...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, I get it. I downloaded the Stage6 plugin. It's pretty awesome, this site. The vids are quite hi-def too.

YouTube still remains a good resource for most things, though.

----
    ----

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

because it is more well known and highly regarded..yet i'm glad enough people know of these alternative sites to post what I need or want to see =] other wise i'd be a sad sad panda =p ~de arimasu
    O.o .... Whos bun? lol
    LOL oops...

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a YouTube account that I used to upload my Stepmania vids, just for my own motivation. It also gives me a chance to share it with others.

YouTube is incredibly exposed, and has become nothing short of a household word, so it's always been solid for clips and any random bit of video you'd want to see (within reason).

I've seen Stage6, and agree it has amazing quality, but the collection of videos is indeed limited at the moment. And with that quality (this is just from my own experience) I find that the videos can take an incredibly long time to load, in comparison to most flash videos out there.

I'm not huge on copyright and all it's rules, but I have noticed that the site has been much faster and strict on a lot of anime material. I expected that for quite a while, though was disappointed to see some really nice AMVs taken down. If they've crossed any line on infringement, I haven't noticed.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

No

I don't use channels

Hell yeah it crosses the line, but in the same way it's also free publicity for whatever has been posted on there.

Probably the ones infringing copyright, otherwise no.

Do you think some people (ie, the IrateGamer) should really be paid for what they're doing?
    If people want to pay others then who gives a rats behind? If I could be paid to make youtube propaganda I would...

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I don't have youtube account myself. But I do watch some vids there. I don't have any favourite channel. I watch Wallflower anime, video clips (Ayumi and Gackt), video clips created with the Sims 2 and people playing piano. Yeah, I do think youtube's violating the copyright. However youtube doesn't always display copyrighted vids, eg. videos that we make. It's up to us whether to watch 'em or not.

i'm desu and i know it. Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 02:33 AM
    Threads

I don't like the quality at Youtube, I'd rather Veoh or crunchyroll.

hobo for hire realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 07:58 PM
    A drifting spec in the depths of the galaxy
    Threads

well i do have a youtube account but i don't want to say it i have some videos that might be offensive and i don't want me getting hate mail

i think at times yes it does cross the line on copyright infringement but at the same time Its one of the biggest media websites around expect big thinks to be uploaded to it

i personally feel that the idea of channels or videos that need to be put down is a bit extreme its called freedom of speech expect controversial and offensive material
    great anime torrent http://dattebayo.com/t/

Live to ride, ride to live.

Senior Member red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2008 08:53 AM
    Threads

i have a youtube account xD hoobastankboi i have uploaded some vids not many but some..there bassically on gundam wing an inuyasha cus i cud onli find clips of them ones.... loool have a look if u want lool ...youtube has like all these explicit material stuff on there but vids that dont get deleted its messed up big time

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

Yes I do, I just favorite videos I like and have it, in the first place to watch videos and especially flagged ones... Well there is KennedyWinters a dancer oh la la.

Don't watch channels or know what they're until you kinda, came around with you're Mojo Mr.Popo.

It has crossed the line so much that YouTube has come to the point as you mentioned of flagging videos as inappropriate or deleting them while leaving others that are far more worst in the dust. It's like a corrupt Police State the way it acts.

Oh definitely, except KennedyWinters, she is very fleeexible.

Why are they being paid for, imitating or doing reviews on something?

ParaParaMojo I'll friend yah but you're link isn't working in your signature mate, I wanna see an Animeforums representative!

I would love to make videos of me rapping and reading my poetry but alas I don't have a camera so it's back up Project Pat and Caramelldansen videos.

I'm going to check out Veoh and all that other porn-worthy sites.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Closed Thread

Thread Information