AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: People who like anime have a "look"?

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: People who like anime have a "look"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyna View Post
    Well I'm not trying to sound racist, but whenever I discover a black person in my area thats my age that likes anime it surprises and makes me happy, because where I live, not a lot of black people my age watch anime compared to the other races. Ohhh and when I was in high school, most of the white people didn't even know what anime is, but now where I live, the younger generation of high schoolers love anime and as well as the younger people, like almost all of them which I think is pretty cool, cause anime is entertaining. When I went to my 2nd high school, a lot of people actually knew of anime and liked it. I was in my English class one day reading Peach Girl, and some girls in the class asked what I was reading and asked if they could borrow it and ask if it's at the library. Long story short, I got all the girls in my English class liking and reading shojo manga. It was actually really funny to my English teacher, because his wife is Japanese. He would tell his wife about our class, and he called our class The Manga Hour. XD
    Ironically, my best friend is African American and is a total anime nerd though we didn't meet because of our interest in anime; we met because he broke my glasses and we got into a fight (I won ^_^) and we've been friends ever since, for about 10 years now. Also "The manga hour" = Epic. Nice.
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Senior Member Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Bleach Urahara Hat Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Dragon Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2011 10:35 PM
    Threads

my family and a few close friends know i like anime but the rest of the world doesnt
    Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love or just because... No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start war. War will never cease to exist... reasons can be thought up after the fact... Human nature pursues strife.
    Paine (Naruto Shippuden)

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiitkatt View Post
    Can anyone explain what that means? Cause, personally I don't know what a person who likes anime looks like... because in my opinion, not every anime lover is a "nerd".

Who thinks people would be shocked if you told them you liked anime? And if so, why? o-o;
    [/COLOR]
    There is no such thing as a particular "look" when it comes to someone who likes anime, much in the same way that there's no look for someone who likes video games, books, etc. I imagine anyone who says that has a biased preconception of someone relative to a particular social group; or, in simple terms, he/she thinks only 'nerds' like anime. Not sure if that's the case here, but the fundamental point stands.

Meh, mayhaps people might be shocked if I told them I like anime. Can't say as I really care nor have I ever felt any compulsion to tell them in the first place. My hobbies, and my career as a matter of fact, are my personal business and I see no reason why I should have to talk to anyone about it if I don't want to.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

Well I'm not trying to sound racist, but whenever I discover a black person in my area thats my age that likes anime it surprises and makes me happy, because where I live, not a lot of black people my age watch anime compared to the other races. Ohhh and when I was in high school, most of the white people didn't even know what anime is, but now where I live, the younger generation of high schoolers love anime and as well as the younger people, like almost all of them which I think is pretty cool, cause anime is entertaining. When I went to my 2nd high school, a lot of people actually knew of anime and liked it. I was in my English class one day reading Peach Girl, and some girls in the class asked what I was reading and asked if they could borrow it and ask if it's at the library. Long story short, I got all the girls in my English class liking and reading shojo manga. It was actually really funny to my English teacher, because his wife is Japanese. He would tell his wife about our class, and he called our class The Manga Hour. XD
    Nope you don't sound racist at all, in fact I guess I should take that as a compliment,cutie. I suppose it depends on the area you live in, because where i'm from it's the exact opposite, and Manga Hour huh, sounds interesting!

Member Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2011 04:18 PM
    Threads

The only other girl in my university that I know who likes anime and is open about it anyways; is a black girl o.o; and I go to a uni. with a tonnnnnn of Asian men and women, lol. I think I'm one of the few asian girls that likes anime here also :/ In high school pretty much the vast majority of black males liked anime. For some reason I've had little luck finding many Asian-Americans that like anime, esp. Korean americans o.0 most just think I am 'fobby' for liking it =/

Senior Member Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi has a reputation beyond repute Kappei Yamaguchi's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jjo View Post
    The only other girl in my university that I know who likes anime and is open about it anyways; is a black girl o.o; and I go to a uni. with a tonnnnnn of Asian men and women, lol. I think I'm one of the few asian girls that likes anime here also :/ In high school pretty much the vast majority of black males liked anime. For some reason I've had little luck finding many Asian-Americans that like anime, esp. Korean americans o.0 most just think I am 'fobby' for liking it =/
    Hey, anime unites us all, if only everyone liked anime, then this world would be a better place, IMHO.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I kinda get what they mean yet kinda not. lol I am one of those people that if you had looked at the way I dressed and the way I act that you wouldn't even begin to think that I would be nerdy on the inside...like REALLY nerdy. I know at the college I go to, you can tell the really huge nerds from party people very easily. It's sometimes the way they dress and the way they act. (I am very observant) However, I didn't know that people who liked anime have a look. Maybe that's a stereotype thing. They must think that anime people are nerdy and must dress the part. :3

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

I have two Korean friends (male twins) that like anime! They do exist just not in Boston lol
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Member Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

One of my best friends is asian and she HATES everything to do with the asian culture.
    The food, the language... and most of all...... the anime .____.
    LOL it's funny, she jokes a lot saying we complete eachother cause..
    She's white on the inside and I'm white on the outside.
    And then I'm asian on the inside and she's asian on the outside LOL XD

Member Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo has a reputation beyond repute Jjo's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2011 04:18 PM
    Threads

One of my best friends is asian and she HATES everything to do with the asian culture.
    The food, the language... and most of all...... the anime .____.
    LOL it's funny, she jokes a lot saying we complete eachother cause..
    She's white on the inside and I'm white on the outside.
    And then I'm asian on the inside and she's asian on the outside LOL XD

^She's probably the type that hates being/looking Asian aswell. Esp. if she considers average American customs and 'culture' to be "white".
    I mean you don't have to like generic "Asian food" - be a Buddhist, and watch Anime or play video games to have basic respect or pride in your culture. Some Asians, esp. the ones born in America are more fixated on appearing as 'white' as possible for reasons other than preference sadly.

Member Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt has a reputation beyond repute Kiitkatt's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

^She's probably the type that hates being/looking Asian aswell. Esp. if she considers average American customs and 'culture' to be "white".
    I mean you don't have to like generic "Asian food" - be a Buddhist, and watch Anime or play video games to have basic respect or pride in your culture. Some Asians, esp. the ones born in America are more fixated on appearing as 'white' as possible for reasons other than preference sadly.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Though, her family really believes in their culture and such, she just can't get into it.
    But the whole stereotype of "white" and "asian" was kinda a joke on our part rofl.
    We don't really think like that xD It was just a fun little way of looking at things :3

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2011 04:49 AM
    Threads

Unfortunately us anime fans will always be discrimanated against in some way or other by non-anime fans >.<

Regardless of our looks, culture or gendre, it's a cruel, cruel judgemental world that we unfortunately live in >.<

AND TO THAT, I SAY "WELL, F*CK YOU THEN! I AM WHO I AM & LIKE WHAT I LIKE & IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THAT THEN GET LOST!" >.<

13. Thanks Harmonics thanked for this post
    Likes Harmonics liked this post
    Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hahah, my cousin and I were talking about this some time ago, because we seem like expert 'anime people spotters'.

The easiest way to indicate one is an anime lover is the logos of things they wear, like an anime shirt, necklace relating to some kind of anime [usually otakus know what's anime and what's not even though they have not seen the anime themselves], etc.
    More than likely, you know one is an anime lover if [usually it is a combo of these], one has colored hair, odd hair style, colorful, wears cat ears etc, wears arm warmers, or pretty much wears an item that you would normally find from an anime convention.

My cousin and I met this girl in Taco Bell, and we could just tell she was an anime person, and we asked her if she has been in any anime cons, and surely enough she was an otaku as well.

It's pretty odd to explain really, because it is true sometimes you just can't tell.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Senior Member Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Mario Blooper Beer Wolf
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 07:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harmonics12

I lol at the last part, wish my english class was like that. I think I'll try that on monday and see what happens. xD

Most people saw me either:

1) A person that looked busy
    2) A person that liked games
    3) A person that look like a book warm.

But they never figure I liked anime and manga. o.O
    ~~Use to be Rempika~~

"To live is to fight"

I is the dango - Winter Music~

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

And he was like "You don't look like someone who likes anime"
    LOL

Can anyone explain what that means? Cause, personally I don't know what a person who likes anime looks like... because in my opinion, not every anime lover is a "nerd".
    I had the same situation before, but in my case, they were surprised that I actually love watching animes, because I look like a "nerd". A book nerd that is. -.-'
    Last edited by marvelangga; 04-20-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I was at IHOP about two months ago with my family, and I turned around and high-fived the guy behind me for being an anime fan. What gave him away? Not his looks, but his ringtone was "Ride on Shooting Star" by The Pillows.

That deserves props.

18. Likes animeyay, *MayMay* liked this post
    Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cantelope View Post
    I was at IHOP about two months ago with my family, and I turned around and high-fived the guy behind me for being an anime fan. What gave him away? Not his looks, but his ringtone was "Ride on Shooting Star" by The Pillows.

That deserves props.

Yep things like that too ^

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--

Senior Member The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist has a reputation beyond repute The Strategist's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Sunglasses Soccer Ball Mario 1-Up Mushroom
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2011 06:52 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: carlosx09

Well since I am Hispanic people that I meet don't believe that I'm so into anime it's kind of awkward since they think I'm into the reggaeton and other latin stuff I don't like that people chooses what you like because of your race.. But I'm proud of my hobbies =) I don't think you need to have the "look" to like anime

Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Osorio Quiroga View Post
    I don't think you need to have the "look" to like anime

Of course not =o But for most, they dress up like an obvious otaku, to tell the world they love anime, because that's kinda like a way to meet new people with the same interest ^^

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I don't broadcast to everyone I meet that I like anime, but I'm not trying to hide it, either. If the topic of anime/gaming happens to pop up in our conversation, I will mention I am a huge fan, but other than that, people almost never suspect me for some reason...

I guess certain anime fanatics do have that nerdy/geeky look to them, but this doesn't mean every anime fan will have that look.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In High school, mostly the gothic looking kids likes Anime....In College is different, people are more normal and less closed-minded.

Also, when I read this I kinda misunderstood your point so I was going to say this, then figured out what you were trying to say....I'll say it anyways to inform you.
    And they told me they liked something called "Clannad".
    I was like "OH! I've seen that anime it's amazing" :3
    They were literally like "WHAT THE HECK!? You watch anime?!!?! o___o!!!"
    Clannad is also a German band, and Clannad means Family in German, or something like that.

<--- Clannad's biggest fan. That's how I know the above, thanks to Google. xD

Senior Member Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spp67

Well when the topic does come up about anime or gaming I don't hide the fact that I like anime.
    My friends sometimes love to poke fun at me but its whatever.
    They just never thought that I would be into anime because of my love of sports and playing sports.
    I have to say the only *they like anime* look I know is the geeky/nerdy look stated above but I don't think its a bad thing. I find its a good healthy hobby. Better to like anime then drugs.

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yea, Same here, Some people are actually shocked that I like anime. Sometimes I think people are surprised to see me in that part of the book store or any book store. Like you'd see me in a sequent top and skinny jeans,heels/flats with my hair all pretty and make up on reading a anime/manga book. Some times I smile when people walk by and stare for a couple minutes. Like yea I'm here lol

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

I got that too. ''Wow, you are into anime? Wut the?!''
    But then they are mostly like; AWEE YEAAHHH !!

It's not cool they stereotype it.
    Because I'm a (somewhat) popular (friends told me that ») nice looking girl .. I don't watch anime? Oh c'mon

Cold-Blooded IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 10:46 AM
    Threads

Same here. *looks at her age* I'm still in high school and I'm kinda the "smart scary girl" or whatever you would call me. You know, always getting the good grades, but scaring people with her eyes(yes that thing actually exists, not only in anime! My eyes are really scary.) I don't tell my classmates anything about myself. I bet half of them wouldn't even know what the word "Anime" means. Apparently I'm taken as a serious person. This one time in the class when teacher asked a boy in our class who does he think that I want to be in the future he answered: "I dunno, maybe the president?"
    My country is far worse than all of yours combined. When my friends found out I played a really popular game, they were like OMG, you play Computer Games? Apparently GIRLS(the whole gender) are not allowed to play videogames. And the only people who SHOULD watch anime are 6-year old kids!(The StereoType).
    So I think what they meant by "You don't look like the person who watches anime" is that you're not all childish and don't wear a t-shirt that says "I Like Anime".
    It is stupid to be afraid to die, but the most stupid thing is to be afraid to live.

Closed Thread

Thread Information