AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: According to a news story, Al Qaeda now has a twitter acount.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default According to a news story, Al Qaeda now has a twitter acount.

Drudge Report linked to this story.
    http://freebeacon.com/al-qaeda-opens...itter-account/

While reading this story, I found that the news site here did something they normally don't. They revealed the actual Twitter account name (at)shomokhalislam (normally news companies don't publicly reveal any contact info for terrorist groups).

But this is actually good, now the general public can see for themselves what Al Qaeda is saying about various world events, and maybe can even find out about a terror attacks before the authorities do, so they can call 911 to report it (although I'm guessing that the NSA is keeping a close eye on the content of that twitter account, so as to make sure they are the first to catch any potential terrorist plots).

Oh, and if you want to read their Twitter page, just replace the @ symbol in (at)shomokhalislam with www.twitter.com/ (note that I didn't use the @ symbol in here in the forum for writing their Twitter account name, because when I did so it turned it into a "mention" BBCode tag, and there's no way to stop the parsing the @ sign as a mention, only to disable parsing URLs as links, this is something the admin should fix)

So the URL will be www.twitter.com/shomokhalislam

And you can use http://translate.google.com to see the page in English (Al Qaeda's twitter page is written entirely in Arabic). Keep in mind with this particular web page, Google seems unable to translate the whole page by just pasting the URL into Google Translate. Instead you'll need to copy and paste the specific text you want translated from the Twitter page into Google Translate.

For example. The most recent tweet their says:
    الهجوم أوقع أكثر من 17 قتيلا و أوقع 35 جريحا في حصيلة أولية مرشحة للإرتفاع .. المصدر الأخ الفاضل أبو معاذ الكوهاتي
    The English translation of this, as produced by Google Translate says:
    The attack killed more than 17 people dead and inflicted 35 wounded in the initial toll expected to rise .. Source Brother Fadil Abu Maaz Kouhati
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 09-28-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: According to a news story, Al Qaeda now has a twitter acount.

This news is old news. Hell it's so old that the story about the U.S. Military (U.S. Air Force in particular) trolling Al Qaeda's twitter account is roughly 3-4 years old.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

relevant

4. Likes DeathBlade/13.666, Meenah liked this post
    🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not old news. It's new news. Go to the news page I linked to, and see the date it was posted. It was posted just 3 days ago.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 09-30-2013 at 04:06 AM.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Hell, those Kenyan mall terrorists [over 60 dead, the bastards] did live tweets. What a world!
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Update. Al Qaeda's twitter account (the one linked to in this thread's OP post) has now been suspended. Boy that was quick!
    However according to this news story http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/09/30...sts-to-follow/ the Al Shabab terrorist group has now put up their own twitter account. One of their posts brags about how the attack on that mall was only the beginning of the attacks they plan to do. Many other posts brag about how they have caused much confusion in Kenya in the government as to the facts of just what took place in that mall attack.
    The Al Shabab twitter account is https://twitter.com/HSM_PR
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 09-30-2013 at 07:58 PM.

8. Dislikes Ranshiin, GameGeeks disliked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Tip, it's been suspended in the past. They just make new ones.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Tip, it's been suspended in the past. They just make new ones.
    Why don't they just get IP-banned?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Because, proxy.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Because, proxy.
    You'd think Mr. VG would know about proxies since he claims to have used them to get round his bans on this site >.>
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

13. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Not old news. It's new news. Go to the news page I linked to, and see the date it was posted. It was posted just 3 days ago.
    It's new to them and new to you, maybe. Like I said the article about the Air Force trolling Al Qaeda's twitter account is about 3-4 years old. Essentially the article paints the trolling as [Al Qaeda] "We struck down a US military helicopter today! #GoJihadJoe" [USAF] "@AlQaeda Orly? How come all of our choppers are accounted for and have been gotten to? Not one missing, damaged, for destroyed. #Usukatshootin #Usukmoratliein"
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 10-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Because, proxy.
    Well a proxy only works until it's banned. And while there are many in existence, only a few support HTTPS (the protocol needed to log in to or create an online account such as on the website Twitter). One of those is freeproxyserver.net and previously there was also one called unblock-fb.info (which doesn't exist anymore). Once a site IP-bans just a few proxies, that means that site can no longer be logged in at all via proxy, and will require direct login (until someone else goes ahead and creates a new proxy server somewhere, which may take quite a long time, as the "scene" for proxies is pretty stable and it can be a long time between instances of people creating or shutting down proxy sites).

I'm guessing the people in Al Qaeda tend to do direct logins (not sure if any of them, except the absolute smartest ones actually are familiar enough with proxies to use them). Most of the special online techniques they use tend to be revolving around encryption prior to sending data, not proxies, or "on the fly" encryption, or any other advanced online data handling technique.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

The real troll here is the Al Qaeda account owner. Anyone who isn't obese enough to be mentally impaired knows Al Qaeda doesn't exist.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    You'd think Mr. VG would know about proxies since he claims to have used them to get round his bans on this site >.>
    You'd think.

Closed Thread

Thread Information