AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recipes!

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Recipes!

What are some of your favorite recipes for the meals you like to cook/grill/bake/boil/broil/etc.?

For me, I've been grilling a lot the last few months. So with my meats I tend to put garlic salt, lemon pepper, and occasionally some grill seasoning or Old Bay seasoning for fish and poultry. Then I grill them over the coals for a bit of texture and then set them off to the side to make room and let them slow cook until ready. Pretty simple, but always comes out nice and juicy.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

2. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recipes!

I love to cook. Ok everyone here's an easy one:

Take jalepenos (amount is your preference depending on how much you want), you're gonna slice them down long-ways, keepin the steam intact- one side will be longer than the other.

Ok, so now sperapte the ones with steams, and scoop out the seeds and pulp with a spoon, leaving a smooth inside.

Mix cream cheese with shreaded cheader, and then spoonfill into the jalepenos. ( should fill the whole pepper)

Wrap a single slice of bacon around each pepper, tightly mind you. And don't use thick sliced bacon, it won't work right.

Place each pepper cream cheese side face down on a baking pan with foil.

Cook in oven at 425 degrees for about 10-15 min. Then flip and continue to cook another 10 min, or whenever bacon looks cooked.

And there you have it, a yummy party treat!
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

4. Likes someoneofforumpast, Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like baking asparagus (when they're in season) with some S&P and add a little bit of olive oil. Finally spritz with lemon juice. Put it in the over for 10 mins at 425 degrees. Nomnomnom...

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

6. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can't really cook all that well.

The most complicated 'from scratch' thing I can cook is garlic potatoes. Literally. I just slice up a bunch of potatoes into thick chips, put them in a bowl and throw a ton of garlic powder, salt, pepper and other random seasonings on and mix them up along with a bit of vegetable oil. Spread them out on a greaseproof dish, cook them for 30-40 minutes with a few turns to make them cook even, they go great with vegetables and chicken >.>

I'm also a fan of making paninis in my George Foreman grill, though they're so simple and messy that I can barely call them food. Heat grill, cook some bacon in the grill. Slice some baguettes and some cheese onto said baguettes, put them in the microwave for 40 seconds so the cheese melts. Transfer the bacon into the baguettes, put the baguettes on the grill and turn it off so the bread gets a little toasted. It tends to stick (because of the bacon grease) but hell if it doesn't taste nice.

Mashing some jalapeno pepper slices into ground beef and making burger patties is good too.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

8. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That looks really good, @Eric1 . I'm not one for peppers (love them, but they don't love me. ;., but it still sounds like a great party snack for a tailgate or shindig.

And @Ranshiin , Maaaannnnn I can't wait to get a place of my own. The first thing I'm doing is getting a George Foreman with a timer (many of the newer ones I've seen don't have the timer) on it. My parents have one, and I use it for all my burgers. 9 minutes from straight frozen patties, 5 on one side, 4 on the other. My Family 5 (Parents, brother, and uncle) usually takes about 8-9 patties (Some want 2 ea), and I can get all of them done via George Foreman faster than with the old broiler pan in the oven.

@Ribbon , I may have to try that. I've never been one for asparagus, but I've been told grilled asparagus is really good when done right.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

I haven't been cooking/baking all that much recently, but a big thing I like doing for Winter is making shepherd's pie. This thread makes me wanna make it for dinner tonight now though, lol. It's a simple recipe for anyone with basic ingredients, though I dunno how similar it is to the "classic" dish.

2 1/2 - 3 cups mashed potatoes (instant works well enough, but I usually make mine from scratch, with a creamier consistency so it spreads easier)
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 cup of green beans (or peas, depending on who all I'm cooking for)
    1 medium onion, diced
    1 can of tomato sauce (a similar amount of fresh puree works well too IIRC)
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    Salt and pepper

It's an easy enough recipe, just mix the sauteed meat and veggies with the tomato paste/puree in a casserole dish, then spread the potatoes semi-evenly on top (creating little mounds helps you keep an eye on how well it's browning), sprinkling the cheese over it. Bake for around 25-30 minutes at 400F, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes start to turn that delicious golden brown color.

There are times I substitute half the green beans/peas with corn for more delicious carbs. Also adding garlic to the potatoes is always nice. Or simply adding more potatoes in general because I just really love potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
    I like baking asparagus (when they're in season) with some S&P and add a little bit of olive oil. Finally spritz with lemon juice. Put it in the over for 10 mins at 425 degrees. Nomnomnom...
    Oooo, I love grilled and sauteed asparagus but I'd honestly never thought to bake them. Sounds derishuz, especially with that lemon juice.

11. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

This is how I like my mushrooms:

1. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
    2. Add 2-3 cloves of garlic and saute till golden and fragrant(do not over cook garlic or else it will get bitter).
    3. Add the mushrooms and saute for a few minutes till golden brown.
    4. Season with salt & pepper.

Pretty simple eh? This is ideal with pasta or mashed potatoes, or in my case I just eat 'em as a snack
    Enjoy.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    That looks really good, @Eric1 . I'm not one for peppers (love them, but they don't love me. ;., but it still sounds like a great party snack for a tailgate or shindig.

And @Ranshiin , Maaaannnnn I can't wait to get a place of my own. The first thing I'm doing is getting a George Foreman with a timer (many of the newer ones I've seen don't have the timer) on it. My parents have one, and I use it for all my burgers. 9 minutes from straight frozen patties, 5 on one side, 4 on the other. My Family 5 (Parents, brother, and uncle) usually takes about 8-9 patties (Some want 2 ea), and I can get all of them done via George Foreman faster than with the old broiler pan in the oven.

@Ribbon , I may have to try that. I've never been one for asparagus, but I've been told grilled asparagus is really good when done right.
    ... Mine's a double-sided one. Burgers take like 5 minutes tops. I can grill bacon on it quicker than I can make a cup of tea. No timer though, but I have to flip the burgers to keep them from getting stuck to it anyway.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So is mine, but I flip them from force of habit due to cooking via the oven for so long; plus to keep them from sticking. The only reason they take ~9 minutes is because they're straight out of the freezer, and I prefer as little red as possible in my burger. I like it that way as it gives me more time to prep my buns and condiments for when I pull them off.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I usually make game night nachos. Fast easy to make.

Picture of my creation:

All you really need is Nacho Cheese Doritos
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1/2lb - 1lb of beef.
    Jalapenos (optional)

Step 1: cook the beef as packaging says (usually browned w/no pink)
    Step 2: While the beef is cooking assemble the Doritos on a microwavable plate.
    Step 3: Once beef is done cooking drain grease and scatter the beef onto the nachos. Layer it with more nachos, cheese, or toppings as you desire
    Step 4: Microwave for about 10-30 seconds until cheese is melted

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

16. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad's Avatar
    Fine
    Gifts Headphones Bleach Zangetsu Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2016 02:53 AM
    Threads

1. rip off @Astral_Mage
    2. put salt,cheese and melted butter inside his ripped body
    3. bake it in the oven

just try it u`ll regret if u dont

趣味でヒーローをやっているモノだ。

18. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post

I used to dislike asparagus until my mother introduced me to baked and grilled asparagus. The texture just becomes so, so right.

@RyuTama Yes~ Lemon seems to make everything taste amazing!
    Oh and shepperd's pie is a personal favorite to make as well.
    Honestly, it's like comfort food. *_*

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

20. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

Quote Originally Posted by Reshad View Post
    1. rip off @Astral_Mage
    2. put salt,cheese and melted butter inside his ripped body
    3. bake it in the oven

just try it u`ll regret if u dont
    So you're saying I'm delicious? Why thank you for the compliment :3

Senior Member Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad has a reputation beyond repute Reshad's Avatar
    Fine
    Gifts Headphones Bleach Zangetsu Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2016 02:53 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Mage View Post
    So you're saying I'm delicious? Why thank you for the compliment :3
    np

趣味でヒーローをやっているモノだ。

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I usually make game night nachos. Fast easy to make.

Picture of my creation:

All you really need is Nacho Cheese Doritos
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1/2lb - 1lb of beef.
    Jalapenos (optional)

Step 1: cook the beef as packaging says (usually browned w/no pink)
    Step 2: While the beef is cooking assemble the Doritos on a microwavable plate.
    Step 3: Once beef is done cooking drain grease and scatter the beef onto the nachos. Layer it with more nachos, cheese, or toppings as you desire
    Step 4: Microwave for about 10-30 seconds until cheese is melted
    I gotta try that, I keep getting tons of ground beef and nachos are pretty easy to find here..

24. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

I don't mind cooking foods. Just had some really good Steak that I cooked on my George Foreman-ish Grill Griddle, but the only thing I have on hand is a recipe for an Italian Cream Cake.

* 1/2 C Shortening
    * 1 Stick of Butter
    * 2 C Sugar
    * 5 Egg Yolks
    * 1/2 t Salt
    * 1 t Baking Soda
    * 2 t Vanilla
    * 1 C Buttermilk
    * 2 C Flour
    * 5 Egg Whites

Mix Shortening, Butter, and Sugar until completely mixed together. Add Salt, Vanilla, Baking Soda, and Egg Yolks. Mix in the Flour with the Buttermilk once all this is done *fold* in the Egg Whites. This will create the batter. Pour into a cake pan and depending on how hot your oven really gets (oven thermometer for desired out come) bake at 350F for 25-35 mins. Check to make sure the cake is done before removing from the oven. Simply stab a knife into it and see if any batter comes out with it.

Icing

* 1 8 Ounce Package of Cream Cheese
    * Shredded Coconut
    * 1 Box Powdered Sugar (the small one)
    * 1 Stick of Butter

Mix Butter and Cream cheese together. Slowly pour in powdered sugar and mix together. Once you have the icing. Once the cake has cooled down. Ice the cake and then sprinkle with Coconut shredding. You can also top with crushed almonds.

Final Result (minus almonds)

I typically make a 2 tier cake,but if you have 3 cake pans you can make a 3 tiers.

26. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    /v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

my sis recently taught me how to make chocolate coconut bars for a very special someone who lives far away...

-preheat oven to 350 degrees
    -melt butter in a pan and spread it evenly
    -mix in graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and then press down
    -pour sweet condensed milk evenly over the crumbs
    -evenly sprinkle sweet coconut shavings, chocolate chips, and crushed pecans (or any nuts of your choice)
    -press and pack everything down with a fork
    -put in oven for 25 minutes or until coconut shavings turn light brown
    -place in fridge until cooled and then cut into bars
    -enjoy
    feed your monster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information