AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: star wars vs star trek

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars

29 55.77%
  • Star Trek

14 26.92%
  • Spaceballs

9 17.31%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Senior Member Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spp67

Default Re: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Star Wars I mean *these aren't the droids your looking for* is awesome!

Spaceballs btw a great movie I love that movie

also I loved Star Wars KOTOR game so Star Wars nerd for me right Chewi?

RAHHHHHHHH! <3

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    I fell asleep watching Star Wars, so I never got the storyline straight in my head.

But When I watched the new Star Trek (think 1 or 2 years ago) everything made perfect sense, so I'll have to go with Star Trek...

I think I need to rewatch Star Wars without falling asleep in the middle.
    As a fellow star trek fan, here is what I recollect about the Star Wars story:

Some dude named luke goes to buy some random robots, but finds a message by some chick and decides to save her. He finds some older dude who is a jedi and they fly to a swamp where his space ship sinks and he meets some small geezer who appears to have had a series of strokes and speaks backwards. Apparently he can teach this luke guy to use the force or whatever, but he mostly goes on about incomprehensible stuff and sends him into a cave where he kills a copy of himself and then leaves. I think he has a light sword now. Then they go meet some cat named Han that has a walking dog that goes "eeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh" all the time (very annoying) and they fly off to do something. I suppose they're out to save this chick. And then the bad guys blow up a planet with their space station, so luke and this chick goes to another planet and figure out how to blow up the moon space station that is no moon by flying down a duct and blowing it up.

The next movie starts in Siberia, where the bad guys are fighting the good guys with robots and then luke uses a camel as a sleeping bag and they all have to leave in a hurry and then for whatever reason the chick from the first film decies that this was too cold so she goes off to the desert to hang out in a gold bikini next to some guy named hut. Luke goes to retreive her, and then fights off some random guy with a jetpack. Then they all fly to a city where Han gets turned into a statue. Then the bad guy shows up and fights luke and cuts off his hand and tells him he's his father (gee, thanks dad). Then he gets a robot hand and I don't remember what happens next.

The third film starts somewhere I don't remember, but I think they find and un-statueify that guy from the second film. Then I think they hide from the bad guys in an asteroid and get eaten by a space worm and then they fly out of the worm and go to the jungle and fly around on vacuum cleaners and there's these furry midgets and another space station that also gets blown up. It also turns out that the chick was luke's brother, which was sort of sour grapes as he was totally into her.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-10-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

3. Thanks animeyay thanked for this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Man, reading from @Eris 's summary, I have 2 impressions about Star Wars:

1. The plot line is random, spontaneous, and almost twisted.

2. Star Wars still doesn't seem interesting to me, now that I'm seeing elements of Star Trek in Star Wars... (I'm not saying one movie stole ideas from another; just sayin' repetition is not the most efficient thing to do.)

Member eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk is a splendid one to behold eternal_elk's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2011 07:50 AM
    Threads

Star Trek all the way... I love Star Wars but lately its been gearing towards kids.

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2011 04:49 AM
    Threads

I'm a Trekkie through & through, especially TNG ^^

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Man, reading from @Eris 's summary, I have 2 impressions about Star Wars:

1. The plot line is random, spontaneous, and almost twisted.

2. Star Wars still doesn't seem interesting to me, now that I'm seeing elements of Star Trek in Star Wars... (I'm not saying one movie stole ideas from another; just sayin' repetition is not the most efficient thing to do.)
    Yeah, Star Wars is for people with no attention span, so it doesn't matter that the plot is meandering randomly, so long as it's got lots of pew-pew.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love Trek, but Star Wars is so important to my life that I have to go with it.
    -TWM-

Closed Thread

Thread Information