AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mac OS Superior?

Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 04:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Mac OS Superior?

Sure, why not...

I own a MacBook Pro and love Apple's OS. There has been lots of talking about which is better when you have Mac OS VS. Windows... Let me be the first to tell you that Mac wins this.

Mac software is specifically designed to work with the hardware already installed in their computers. Whereas Windows will work on everything and has a better chance of getting a virus or crashing.

Unix Kernal makes it superior. People aren't familiar with it and are with IBM, therefore people create viruses for Windows because it's what they know.

Some people believe that simple anti-virus will be enough to have Windows and Apple on the sam page, they are mistaken. Macs go the extra mile in not letting you open/download viruses, whereas Windows (being able to operate on everything) will tell you to walk right in.

/done rant...

2. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Mac OS Superior?

Gonna be short and in bulletins.

-Macs are better when it comes to media like video making. Macs also lack the customization PCs have, both hardware, software and desktop wise. By desktop I mean thinks like creating custom folders and the like. Though I'm only going by what I'm told on that last point. PCs are great when it comes to office type needs.

-Back to customization, PCs can run several OSes out of the box. Ranging from Linux to Windows. While Macs can run Windows it's only through emulation. They still tend to have some form of Mac OS installed. As for viruses, those are starting to effect Macs too now. Only reason they didn't in the past was because Macs weren't popular and most people had PCs. Most still do but Macs have gained enough of a foot hold to get virus makers attention.

-Read above.

-I doubt Macs have some magical program that blocks viruses. I reiterate what I said before about Macs and viruses.

Longer then I expected but you get the point. Macs aren't superior, they just have areas they're better at then PCs and vice versa.

4. Likes Izayoi Sakuya, Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Member Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit has a reputation beyond repute Jewunit's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Gonna be short and in bulletins.

-Macs are better when it comes to media like video making. Macs also lack the customization PCs have, both hardware, software and desktop wise. By desktop I mean thinks like creating custom folders and the like. Though I'm only going by what I'm told on that last point. PCs are great when it comes to office type needs.

-Back to customization, PCs can run several OSes out of the box. Ranging from Linux to Windows. While Macs can run Windows it's only through emulation. They still tend to have some form of Mac OS installed. As for viruses, those are starting to effect Macs too now. Only reason they didn't in the past was because Macs weren't popular and most people had PCs. Most still do but Macs have gained enough of a foot hold to get virus makers attention.

-Read above.

-I doubt Macs have some magical program that blocks viruses. I reiterate what I said before about Macs and viruses.

Longer then I expected but you get the point. Macs aren't superior, they just have areas they're better at then PCs and vice versa.
    Forgive me, it is ignorant to simply call one superior. Macs don't have "magical powers" you're right. However, there are over 1.2 million Windows viruses and about 100 Mac ones, you do the math.

6. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

And I commented on that. The main OS Windows has been regularly used for over 15 years while Mac OS while used for a similar amount of time hasn't been as popular since for much of the past 15 years Windows has had the dominate market share. Who would you target, the guy with the 8% market share or the guy with the 15% market share? If you want a similar example on PC there's Linux which is just as resilient to viruses as Macs are.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well we're only making my points here, the main reason for the word, "superior" was reflected in it's security straight from the box.

People are familiar with Windows (as I said) ad therefor do target it because they're familiar and own 90% of the market.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well from the box, you don't have anything with a PC since it has no OS. With a PC you can get it to do what you want. And yes it's true but there's things you can do to protect yourself. I know only have constant scanners but protect myself via Fire Fox using addons that prevent unwanted scripts from firing. Including those that may download a virus. So yes we're more susceptible but there's things we can do if we're smart. So what you really say is macs are better against viruses. What you've been sounding like is Macs are better period. And the virus thing could change in five years.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well from the box, you don't have anything with a PC since it has no OS. With a PC you can get it to do what you want. And yes it's true but there's things you can do to protect yourself. I know only have constant scanners but protect myself via Fire Fox using addons that prevent unwanted scripts from firing. Including those that may download a virus. So yes we're more susceptible but there's things we can do if we're smart. So what you really say is macs are better against viruses. What you've been sounding like is Macs are better period. And the virus thing could change in five years.
    Macs will never be truly superior. They will never reach PC in gaming if nothing else.

Also, most people that own a PC aren't savvy enough to know how to protect themselves, hints the high failure rate.

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jewunit View Post
    Well we're only making my points here, the main reason for the word, "superior" was reflected in it's security straight from the box.

People are familiar with Windows (as I said) ad therefor do target it because they're familiar and own 90% of the market.
    Which is where your mistaken as macs don't have security straight out of the box since hackers have started to create mac specific viruses because if the stupidity of their users thinking that they can't get any viruses (all these updates aren't just for all the pretty extras as they have had to patch several security holes over the past few years).

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by demonix View Post
    Which is where your mistaken as macs don't have security straight out of the box since hackers have started to create mac specific viruses because if the stupidity of their users thinking that they can't get any viruses (all these updates aren't just for all the pretty extras as they have had to patch several security holes over the past few years).
    Talk about a faulty statement. The things that make Macs secure is what you get from it from the box. Whereas a PC can only become more secure by owners downloading software etc....

Macs are designed to work with the hardware already installed specifically. (I know this has setbacks compared to Windows) However, this one statement completely destroys your above post.

They CAN get viruses, however because of all the reason posted above you, they don't. People want to target a larger audience and work with what they're familiar with. This is why Windows has become the MAIN target. Viruses don't just "magically appear" they must be created, people don't want to waste time on the 10% of Mac owners, when they have the 90% of Windows..

It has nothing to do with the "stupidity" of the person who buys a Mac. NOTHING.
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-03-2011 at 04:11 PM.

13. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So much outdated information in this thread. v_v

Maybe a few facts being true today:
    • today Macs run on the same hardware as PCs. You can install Windows on a MacBook and you can install MacOS on a PC;
    • it doesn't matter if you have 2 million viruses or just 100 made for an OS, chances are you WILL get a virus if you are not careful. Whoever says you don't need an anti-virus, because you don't have Windows needs to get informed more on viruses;
    • security-wise Windows is a billion years in front of MacOS, but this only because people at Apple don't bother fixing holes no one is trying to exploit for reasons that have been already said;
    • the statement about graphic superiority was true years ago, but today most Macs use the nVidia Quadro series which you can buy for PCs as well. They kept the better screen, which can be bought for PCs too.

To make it simpler ... the difference between MacOS and Windows is the same as the difference betweeen a prestigious school and a public school. At graduation day you leave them both with the same skills and knowledge (valid for the same subjects of course), the only difference is how people around you look at you. In the computer world Apple is seen as a prestigious product and the only thing Mac offers more than the PC is how it teaches you how to drill deeper into your pocket. For a person who doesn't want to be in the elite, a PC is just as good as a Mac, depending of the software they need, it might be even better (due to software compatibility reasons).

15. Likes Frederica Sawyer, Gizoku liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

-Not superior. It's the worst when you are trying to file share/download files. Since most are for windows rather than Mac. You have to go out of your way to convert it sometimes.
    -Viruses? I used to get them all the time on my PC. But now it's been a few years. Why? Careful of what I download/good free antivirus that works. If you just start downloading everything because "oh I have a Mac.. I don't get virus's.. I pity you. Since whether or not you receive a virus isn't about what system you have. It's about how careful you are.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah, OSX, just like paying for a prettied up FreeBSD.
    Windows all the way solely for the insane amount of support it gets. That said, I do myself prefer a dual install Windows/Linux or BSD setup so I can do most things on Linux or BSD (both have smaller market shares then Windows and OSX meaning they do seem to be targeted less when it comes to malware), while saving Windows for the few things I can't ge running via WINE or other methods.

Mac OSes have long made me think 'My First OS' and sickened me to the point that when I won a Mac years ago the first thing I did was install Yellow Dog Linux on it. HUGE improvement.
    victoria aut mors

18. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    [*]it doesn't matter if you have 2 million viruses or just 100 made for an OS, chances are you WILL get a virus if you are not careful. Whoever says you don't need an anti-virus, because you don't have Windows needs to get informed more on viruses;[*]security-wise Windows is a billion years in front of MacOS, but this only because people at Apple don't bother fixing holes no one is trying to exploit for reasons that have been already said;[*]the statement about graphic superiority was true years ago, but today most Macs use the nVidia Quadro series which you can buy for PCs as well. They kept the better screen, which can be bought for PCs too.[/list]
    To make it simpler ... the difference between MacOS and Windows is the same as the difference betweeen a prestigious school and a public school. At graduation day you leave them both with the same skills and knowledge (valid for the same subjects of course), the only difference is how people around you look at you. In the computer world Apple is seen as a prestigious product and the only thing Mac offers more than the PC is how it teaches you how to drill deeper into your pocket. For a person who doesn't want to be in the elite, a PC is just as good as a Mac, depending of the software they need, it might be even better (due to software compatibility reasons).
    I take it someone has a grudge against Apple.... Considering how you took information and completely slanted it. My favorite statement in your post is how you said that 2 million viruses compared to 1 hundred is the same, that made me lol. I'm not sure if we have a troll or a misinformed person but....yeah...

I do agree that if a person is stupid enough to try and say download/stream form unreliable sources, then yes, they may get a virus either way. However, when you compare the virus rate from PC to Mac; it's obvious which is better. I know a lot of this comes form what's between the screen and chair.....but not all of it....

Your second point is completely off. ^^Read what I just said..

20. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I wouldn't call an admin a troll. Only mod that'd be considered a troll is Eris, but that's a whole different story. Just because you only have, say, 100 viruses, doesn't mean they can't be just about everywhere. You still have to be careful about what you do. Besides many of those viruses out there are blocked simply by windows firewall and if your smart you have a second or third firewall behind that. Not to mention constant scans of everything you download and a regular scan of your computer. Do all that and you'll block 99% of viruses out there. So your point is kinda moot since you seem to cling to the idea that Macs are better simply due to less viruses. I suggest you stop while you're behind. All you're doing is making yourself look stupid.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I wouldn't call an admin a troll. Only mod that'd be considered a troll is Eris, but that's a whole different story. Just because you only have, say, 100 viruses, doesn't mean they can't be just about everywhere. You still have to be careful about what you do. Besides many of those viruses out there are blocked simply by windows firewall and if your smart you have a second or third firewall behind that. Not to mention constant scans of everything you download and a regular scan of your computer. Do all that and you'll block 99% of viruses out there. So your point is kinda moot since you seem to cling to the idea that Macs are better simply due to less viruses. I suggest you stop while you're behind. All you're doing is making yourself look stupid.
    I'm not being "stupid".... I could care less whether a 5 year old, or a Mod said that 2 million viruses compared to 100 is the same..... It's wrong.... I'm not afraid to call it out either....

Edit: Rereading my post, I do feel I came off as a butt, so sorry for that....
    Last edited by FlashD; 04-05-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: language

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As for the coherent part of your post.... As I said before (as well) you can make a strong PC, but considering almost everyone owns a computer, a large portion of those people aren't technology savvy enough to know how to best protect their selves, and by default (people who aren't going to do anything once they get one) Mac is better.....

I don't know how else to tell you about your virus scenario without being blunt to you, you're wrong.

1) Newer Macintosh operating systems, such as the Mac OS X, is built on the Unix kernel, which is one of the oldest and most secure operating systems available.
    2) Microsoft Windows is used by a lot more users. Because more users use Microsoft Windows, it is a lot better of a target than Apple Macintosh computers.
    3) Most of the virus writers are familiar with the IBM platform and Microsoft Windows, and therefore are only going to be able to create a virus for that platform.
    The only thing ignorant here is the inability to UNDERSTAND the difference. Your analogy was farfetched when comparing Mac and PC....

Edit: I do find it funny that when I presented facts I was called an Apple Fanboy. I assume that's because Apple's Marketing strategy pisses people off because it's so simple and people feel others are being manipulated into it..
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-04-2011 at 03:34 PM.

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

Also some of your statements are wrong since mac OSX only works with specific hardware (that being the hardware the apple uses for their macs which also partially discredits what flashD had said since you can't install a vanilla OSX on a computer that has a AMD processor since it only supports intel processors) and there ARE mac based viruses out in the wild and looking at the sophos labs youtube channel will tell you the truth (and that also includes the newly introduced mac app store).

The only thing I'd use a mac for if I ever got one is to stop using 50% of the battery on my iPod touch on a one hour facetime call.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dude, posting the picks and saying, in case you need visual aids, just makes you look like a complete and utter douche. I'm inclined to go with Blue, two sentences is not much of a con list. Not to mention outside of that 90% of your argument revolves around viruses which have been countered multiple times and your only rebuttal seems to be that many PC users aren't smart enough to protect themselves. That same argument can be used against macs. But it's not a valid argument in the first place and as such we have not used it.
    I know that there are more flaws with Macs, just like PC..

Flaws for Macs:

Gaming
    Hardware not being able to operate on everything as Windows does.
    Price <---Hasn't come up, but not afraid to admit it
    Being able to fully set it up the way you want
    MS Office is better for Windows <---Hasn't come up either
    ...there are obviously more....

I'm not inclined to act like a butt, but when I get falsely accused of being a fanboy (and someone makes a false accusation) I could really care less.
    Last edited by FlashD; 04-05-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: language

26. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I'm not inclined to act like a d1ck, but when I get falsely accused of being a fanboy (and someone makes a false accusation) I could really care less
    NOW you bring up Mac flaws.. Why bother? A few people prove you wrong and you get all defensive.. Rest geeze and obviously you do care.. Because you've replied to it about 3 times.

Being able to fully set it up the way you want
    MS Office is better for Windows <---Hasn't come up either
    ...there are obviously more....

PS.. MS office = Microsoft Office = Microsoft = Windows... No wonder MS office is better for windows.. Derp derp it IS windows..
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 04-04-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: quoted you in case you decide to edit your post and rearranged it to add a new quote. Makes sense

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

28. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

In order.

Gaming is only mainly on PC because of PCs being dominate. But there are plenty of games on Mac and Mac and emulate Windows so Macs can play any games PCs can.
    And actually PCs can be more expensive then Macs. If you want a top of the line PC you'll spend between 1 and 2k, if not a bit more. So don't go saying it's cheaper.
    So far, the only real pro you stated.
    Blue nicely covered this one.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

GameGeeks is right, my roomie and I spent over 2k to build a good gaming PC. =\

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    NOW you bring up Mac flaws.. Why bother? A few people prove you wrong and you get all defensive.. Rest geeze and obviously you do care.. Because you've replied to it about 3 times.

PS.. MS office = Microsoft Office = Microsoft = Windows... No wonder MS office is better for windows.. Derp derp it IS windows..
    lol I only got defensive when I was called a fanboy... I don't get frustrated whether or not someone disagrees with me over technical issues... However, when people cone on with their "Honk if you love PC's" signs, and start calling people fanboys, I do get irritated..

You obviously don't know this because of your interpretation of why MS Office is better on PC, besides, "it's windows, of course it's better on it"... It actually all has to do with coding issues..

@ Geek.... I do know this. I'm talking overall here, as I have in most all my points. The average computer owner doesn't spend 1k on their PC, like they would for a Mac...
    Last edited by Jewunit; 04-04-2011 at 08:11 PM.

32. Dislikes Frederica Sawyer disliked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yes, because it was coded by Microsoft for their OS. Of course it's going to have coding issues with any other OS.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 04-04-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Microsoft, not Windows. Stupid me. :p

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_versus_mac_intel.png
Views:	65
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	40075

I'll just leave this here~

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

If you're going to do that I'd hit the real top of the line stuff. PC is up to 8 cores. And I'm sure you could bump other things up a bit. But, then again Apple is known for major price gouging so I'll just concede the point there but it really makes no difference to this argument since it's only 1 of 2 still.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 04-04-2011 at 08:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information