AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: WOW! Miley Cyrus is an idiot now

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: WOW! Miley Cyrus is an idiot now

Funny how you say that but you seem an avid fan of the movie.

... and I was waiting for you to bring that up. You're so predictable.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Funny how you say that but you seem an avid fan of the movie.

... and I was waiting for you to bring that up. You're so predictable.

I'm a fan of the action/violence in the battle scenes, same reason I play games like Halo. But I'm NOT a fan of a kid using that kind of language. Just because I like the movie, does NOT mean that I have to agree with everything that is IN the movie.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Junior Member HarleenQuinzel is on a distinguished road HarleenQuinzel's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 06:26 PM
    Threads

In the words of the great Kelly Clarkson: pitchy strippers.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Even if you don't think what Miley Cyrus did is wrong, you GOTTA admit that having Chloe Moretz say those lines for these movies, at her age, IS wrong.
    It's not wrong. It's all part of acting. There have been plenty of minors in rated R movies and there will continue to be. Besides, what kid that age doesn't actually know those words and doesn't use them once in a while?

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    It's not wrong. It's all part of acting. There have been plenty of minors in rated R movies and there will continue to be. Besides, what kid that age doesn't actually know those words and doesn't use them once in a while?
    Of course there are kids present in R rated movies, as much as in movies of any other rating. However they shouldn't have the kids say lines that contribute to it getting an R rating.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This thread is still going on? Wow, I thought It would be dead by now.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I laughed a lot on her performance. Maybe because of her butt gap she had. It was all over tumblr and people basically laughs about it.

Her performance was bad but just pure comedy to me though.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Uh as far as I was aware, 'little more' defines something that for all intents and purposes has little difference to what it is being compared to. Hence the inclusion of 'little' to denote that the differences between both are marginal at best. Since this video thing (which I have not seen) seemed to be denoting her as being some sort of sex toy, the use of 'little more' to describe her seems to be most appropriate.

Besides, it logically makes more sense than your suggestion of 'as well'.

Man, frell the English Language. frell it to all hell. >:/
    "As well" tells you that the person has other qualities, and this is just one of them. "Little more" tells you they have no other good qualities to offer.

That is why "women are sex toys as well" would more accurately describe the message being sent out. Do you think it's Hannah Montana's intent to say "I'm just a sex toy and little more" or to say "I was a Disney character, but I'm sexual as well". Think about it.

This isn't about neuko's grammar or semantics anyway. This is really more about people who try to make victim out of all women, because some women have made sex a part of their identity. Their rhetoric utilizes phrases like nothing more, little more, etc. to imply something that isn't true. If I hold down a piece of paper to keep it from blowing away, I'm doing what a paper weight would do. This does not mean that I'm sending out a message that the people in my demographic are little more than paper weights.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    "As well" tells you that the person has other qualities, and this is just one of them. "Little more" tells you they have no other good qualities to offer.

That is why "women are sex toys as well" would more accurately describe the message being sent out. Do you think it's Hannah Montana's intent to say "I'm just a sex toy and little more" or to say "I was a Disney character, but I'm sexual as well". Think about it.

This isn't about neuko's grammar or semantics anyway. This is really more about people who try to make victim out of all women, because some women have made sex a part of their identity. Their rhetoric utilizes phrases like nothing more, little more, etc. to imply something that isn't true. If I hold down a piece of paper to keep it from blowing away, I'm doing what a paper weight would do. This does not mean that I'm sending out a message that the people in my demographic are little more than paper weights.
    It seems that we have a difference of interpretation here: When I said: "Even though her performance did send out a message that women are little more than sex toys..." I was referring to how her performance might be interpreted by a majority; I certainly wasn't condoning or supporting it. Personally I think she is rebelling, which seems to be the classic behaviour of celebrities who were once "child stars". Also, I wasn't personally implying that MC didn't have other qualities "as well" (It's obvious that she does, otherwise she wouldn't have been a professional actor in the first place); I was merely pointing out the impression she was giving to the public by her recent performance (And let's face it a lot of people were upset). It is my understanding that you can have good intentions and yet still send out the wrong message. You can have moral beliefs in world peace for example; but if you go to war with other countries to enforce those beliefs on others (especially against their will) that's sending out the message that you are little more than a power-hungry tyrant, however honourable your intentions are.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 09-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.

11. Likes Wio liked this post
    AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

The honest truth?
    I don't give a damn.
    If you're so concerned about her being a negative influence on kids. Here's my two cents. Teach your own children the morals and values they should have instead of relying on mainstream media and allowing your televisions to babysit them. Spend time with them and actually do your parental responsibilities.
    Firstly, I don't understand all the {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} shaming, if she is going to ruin her career, or elevate it, that's her business.
    Secondly, what bothers me about the whole performance was that it was the headlines when we have much more important factors to be worried about like the war in Syria, The executive orders being signed into law that are going against our constitutional rights. What the President plans to do about our 16 trillion+ deficit....but yeah Miley Cyrus is big news. Sheep.

Closed Thread

Thread Information