AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cookiez' Signature/Avatar Thread~

Senior Member ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez::'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Electric Guitar Mic Cookie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2016 07:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dark_fury912 Steam ID: dark_fury912

Default Re: SomeOtherCookiez Signature thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Alright, I am going to throw in my opinion. You have nothing but praise from everybody, and I think if anything you deserve a little serious criticism.

Anyway, do not take this the wrong way. This piece of criticism is in no way, shape, or form against you, but I dont like the signatures you make. AGAIN, not against you. But here's the overall gist of what you do, you find an image you like, you change the color a little and throw in text, and BAM, call it done. There's very little creativity, and you dont do very much in terms of changing the overall style of the image to truly make it your own.

Here's what I mean. When I look at your tags, lets say your most recent, I dont see a signature made by you. I see a picture of those guys who sung that song, who made that CD, who are in that photograph by that guy that's pictured on the cover (I am just paraphrasing my thoughts). I dont see a signature made by you, I see something that was pulled off Google, or Photobucket or something. And I find it boring.

Again, I am not trying to insult you here, I am just letting you know what I think. I can help you with making better signatures or what have you. I have probably hundred of tutorials, stocks, renders, etc. Then again, you dont need to listen to me either. Anyway, yeah, that's it.
    Like I said on my first post, I don't have Photoshop.

But I don't know how to put effects into sigs when I'm using GIMP, so I just use Piknic.com.

Signature and avatar made by me
    ~

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...rence/thegimp/

Try any of those? Search for some? Have you asked anyone for tutorials?

Senior Member ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez:: has a reputation beyond repute ::SomeOtherCookiez::'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...rence/thegimp/

Try any of those? Search for some? Have you asked anyone for tutorials?
    I'm now searching for some tutorials now. Thanks for the link.

My 2 signatures I made only from GIMP!:

(signatures deleted)

Thank you Serated for finding the link to the tutorials, I would Rep you but I don't know how to do it. xD

For the 2 sigs I think I did very well. ^^
    Last edited by ::SomeOtherCookiez::; 12-16-2010 at 04:37 AM.

~

Member AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw has a reputation beyond repute AnimeSaw's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2010 11:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ::SomeOtherCookiez:: View Post
    I'm now searching for some tutorials now. Thanks for the link.

My 2 signatures I made only from GIMP!:

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t...te_sig_5-1.png
    http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t...ante_sig_8.png

Thank you Serated for finding the link to the tutorials, I would Rep you but I don't know how to do it. xD

For the 2 sigs I think I did very well. ^^
    Great job, I see you followed the advice, I was actually wondering after I saw some of your work if you copy pasting an image or getting a render and working with it, now I saw your whole thread and I think your last two are your best coming from you. I am in this other forum and this guy was cropping a wallpaper and using it as his banner submission and then we all came out to the conclusion that using the same work is like GFX plagiarism but if you change an image enough to make it your own then thats something different. I like some of your sigs even if they were part of another image. Keep them coming and most importantly keep practicing (not that I'm any good at it).
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 10-01-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Don't quote images!

Cxxxxx][::::animesaw:::::::::::::>
    See my Work HERE
    -I'm a guy regardless of my girly sigs, I just love girls.

Cute Member Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Heart Camera Dslr Venus Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 04:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OMG!! You do lovely signatures~
    I love this Pikachu/Raichu one ^w^ wooooow XDDD
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 10-01-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Don't quote images
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    |Kaitou$|Daken :'D|Neuko's Pokemon Trainer|
    |AF onii-chan: Jump_for_Luck||dark_butterfly's mommy|
    |Elphaba's Penguin|Proud daughter of Aleyna and Anuket|
    ~ ♥ ~

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thank you guys. :3

(Signatures deleted)

Enjoy! ^^
    Last edited by ::SomeOtherCookiez::; 12-16-2010 at 04:37 AM.

~

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Try using more effects in front of your focus (extraction, stock, etc..)
    Your signatures all look like they have a background and the extraction pasted in front. Use clipping mask or c4d's.

Good luck =P

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the heads up Jose. ^^

(Signatures deleted)

Enjoy! ^^
    Last edited by ::SomeOtherCookiez::; 12-16-2010 at 04:38 AM.

~

Senior Member Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka has a reputation beyond repute Yurka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2011 12:49 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

They look pretty simple. That's not a bad thing per se, but applying more effects to create a bigger relationship between your focal point and background would work a lot more in your favor. Some actual lighting would be nice as well.

I also noticed that after that tut you read the other day you've pretty much been using the same style in all your subsequent work. Along of the lines of the scanlines you're using and the smudging here and there, I don't really see anything else in your tags. Changing up your canvas size every now and then would also help since it gives/cuts space for you to work with and makes you have to think how to fill up the space.

Either way, it's not bad. I do like your tags but they could use more work before you call it done.
    |Power of The Mask|

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Do you use Gimp? I do, and I think I recognize some of your techniques and brushes. =]

In general, I like your work. You have a good sense for making a focal and sticking to it, and your text choices are good as well. I would practice more with blending your stock into your background. Your figures tend to stick out a lot. I would also experiment with different vantage points: not always sticking things square in the middle and then going outward. Try placing things off to the side and creating more flow.

Really nice work, though.

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks Yurka & Zenister, I'll try to put more work into my signatures.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to use GIMP.

(Signatures deleted)

Enjoy! ^^
    Last edited by ::SomeOtherCookiez::; 12-16-2010 at 04:38 AM.

~

Junior Member Scarlet//Hakai is on a distinguished road Scarlet//Hakai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads

I really like the way you add text and the color selection.

Just curious, does GIMP allow you to install custom brushes?

Has a problem with hair and munching on it.

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet//Hakai View Post
    Just curious, does GIMP allow you to install custom brushes?
    I don't know.

I usually find more brushes online, but I don't know how to put them in the paintbrush section. *headdesk*

~

Junior Member Scarlet//Hakai is on a distinguished road Scarlet//Hakai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ::SomeOtherCookiez:: View Post
    I don't know.

I usually find more brushes online, but I don't know how to put them in the paintbrush section. *headdesk*
    Have you tried looking in the GIMP FAQ?

Has a problem with hair and munching on it.

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You can both install and make custom brushes in Gimp.

I use Gimp as well and have for a few years, so if you have questions, there's a chance I can answer them.

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet//Hakai View Post
    Have you tried looking in the GIMP FAQ?
    Nope. Can't find it.

~

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Again, sorry for the double post.

Here are some of my new signatures:

(Signatures deleted)

Enjoy! ^^
    Last edited by ::SomeOtherCookiez::; 12-16-2010 at 04:39 AM.

~

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Okay, lets see what we have here.
    The first and second ones in your last post were pretty good. Honestly if you swapped out the font on those you'd be good. Try going to Dafont.com and just downloading any font you like. Even if you rethink it later, get it anyway. you can never have enough fonts. On the third one I think it could blended a bit better, and the last one....lose the stroke .
    Now go make MOAR xD

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hyphen View Post
    Okay, lets see what we have here.
    The first and second ones in your last post were pretty good. Honestly if you swapped out the font on those you'd be good. Try going to Dafont.com and just downloading any font you like. Even if you rethink it later, get it anyway. you can never have enough fonts. On the third one I think it could blended a bit better, and the last one....lose the stroke .
    Now go make MOAR xD
    Thank you Hyphen. ^^

I'll go check it out.

~

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the .Mcookie one the best. It looks the most well-blended.

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Here are some more of my new ones:

(Signatures deleted)

Enjoy! 8D

~

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sorry for the double post, again. lol.

Here are some more signatures I made recently:

(Signatures deleted)

Enjoy! ^^

~

Senior Member AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Binoculars
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2010 08:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx LoN3 W01f x PSN ID: XxLoNeW01fx Steam ID: XxLoN3W01fx

The Spyro one looks awesome =3 I couldn't ever do anything like that on gimp XD I hate the thing. (Photoshop all the way =D)
    I feel inspired to make a signature now XD I shall make one =3

Member iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 11:57 AM
    Threads

Lol it looks like you are trigger happy with this classic sig style.
    Some of the text is hard to read, other people may not even notice it.
    I like the fact that you kept a color scheme going for your sigs.
    In the future you could apply different tools and methods to create your own style =].

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I wanna say your sigs are good, but they're all lacking in several places. In most cases you have everything down, but you don't apply it correctly. For example the Bayonetta one. It's a good sig, but she seems to be wildly pasted on top of the background. She should be blended in more, like the other ones, whether it's smudging or a little soft erasing. For example the one above that (I'm not sure who that is), he's blended reasonably well, if not a little over done. Try mixing the techniques that worked in some sigs with others. A good practice is to save another copy of that sig, and experiment with it. But as I said they're not bad sigs, they just need a little push . Also, try picking a font that's a little easier to read.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information