AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Popular anime you dislike?

Senior Member GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 12:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    That grey spot in between sanity and insanity
    Threads

Default Popular anime you dislike?

...why do I have a feeling that half the entries will be Naruto?

Anyways, by popular series you dislike, I means the ones that you see everywhere or hear from everyone when anime is mentioned (not just Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and etc, stuff like Soul Eater too). That also happens to be ones you dislike.

I personally think that Ouran Highschool Host Club is wildly overrated. I didn't find it that funny, the canon couple is boring, forced, and not well developed.

While I enjoyed Bleach up to a point, the season long fight scenes got pretty annoying and I had to stop watching.

Soul Eater as well. The animation is annoying, the characters are annoying, everything about it is just...annoying.

So what popular and beloved animes do you dislike or even hate?
    I wen poof for awhile, huh? Sorry, I guess I just kinda...dropped off. School started.

When now I'm back, have more anime under my belt, and am ready to join you all again.

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Popular anime you dislike?

Bleach was ok, but I started losing interest after Ichigo save Rukia during the soul society arc. I disliked that the fights started getting so long and drawn out. Also, I really hated that Ichigo started relying on his bankai for every battle when he clearly a strong fighter without as proven by his battles with Renji and Kenpachi.

Naruto was ok but of course I was a 14 year old kid at the time it first came out and as I got old it just didn't seem that great to me as I started to watch anime that had a more serious plot and better fights.

To be honest, the only mainstream anime that I actually like is One Piece. I will admit that it is too long and has a little filler like the above mentioned anime, it does have characters and a story that catches my attention. One Piece to me brings out that sense of wanting to go on a grand adventure that I think we've all wanted to experience at least once.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaHoolianGirl100 View Post
    ...why do I have a feeling that half the entries will be Naruto?

Anyways, by popular series you dislike, I means the ones that you see everywhere or hear from everyone when anime is mentioned (not just Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and etc, stuff like Soul Eater too). That also happens to be ones you dislike.

I personally think that Ouran Highschool Host Club is wildly overrated. I didn't find it that funny, the canon couple is boring, forced, and not well developed.

While I enjoyed Bleach up to a point, the season long fight scenes got pretty annoying and I had to stop watching.

Soul Eater as well. The animation is annoying, the characters are annoying, everything about it is just...annoying.

So what popular and beloved animes do you dislike or even hate?
    Because Naruto is overated and really not that great. I dislike Naruto due to the characters and story that is pretty average once you see more animes. Liking it is okay, but the blind fanboys get annoying.

Also, some of the fights are ripped from DBZ and Cowboy Bebop. If I had to wake up everyday to watch Naruto I would probably stop watching anime alltogether.

Like I said though, people who like it are still cool in my books.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 07-30-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Member Mesut is on a distinguished road Mesut's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Katana Mini Cooper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2013 05:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MartinF03

I used to think Naruto was awesome until I started watching more animes. But the one i really dislike is bleach I don't know why it has too many fillers and I don't like the story.

5. Likes Anime Forum liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mesut View Post
    I used to think Naruto was awesome until I started watching more animes. But the one i really dislike is bleach I don't know why it has too many fillers and I don't like the story.
    I used to be a huge Bleach fan. Lol, first 63 episodes in my opinion is amazing, but after that it goes so downhill.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Lighter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2018 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lenny21088

Have to say Naruto and One Piece. I think it's because they are so mainstream that everyone likes them and at expo's they are done to death its so annoying,

Member Sky Hedgehogian Maestro is on a distinguished road Sky Hedgehogian Maestro's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2014 09:27 PM
    Threads

I can't quite say because they all have redeeming factors to me. Bleach is the one that has come to bore me the most. Don't get me wrong- the show has some pretty fluid and high-quality animation, and I've always wanted to see things like this in a high-action shounen, but Bleach doesn't really cut it for me anymore.
    I can't say Naruto because I happen to like Naruto. It's just the plot progression and, again, animation with fights that I appreciate. I've heard of the filler and the weak characters, but what gets me the most about Naruto is just that nothing ever really happens in an episode, kind of like Dragon Ball Z. You get some episodes that reveal plot points, and then you have the next episode featuring almost nothing but flashbacks and talking. Fleshes the characters out, but when so little happens and then the major point turns out to be lackluster, you wonder.
    However, most people who think "Naruto's the worst anime ever" probably haven't seen too many anime in their lives (beyond Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z likely), or are trying to fit in with the crowd. It's far, far from the worst. Just the most emo.
    Dragon Ball Z is an interesting case because it's definitely pretty popular. However, it was my first anime, and my father apparently had been a huge fan since the '90s. I was two years old when I first saw it! So it's special to me, so that means I'm well aware of its flaws such as "5 minutes = 20 episodes", the shallow plot, the blatant sexist ideal of women cannot turn super saiyan or even fight, the blatantly racist ideal that you have to be a certain race (Saiyans) to matter, etc. But hey, Super Saiyans! And Dragon Ball itself was pretty good as well, if not better.
    One Piece is to me that "fun" anime that only barely takes itself seriously (even though it does take itself seriously). Despite Naruto's existence, this one feels more like the DBZ-inspired anime because it remembers what made Dragon Ball good in the first place, where Naruto's more focused on taking the action and stuffing it into a grimmer plot. So for me, it's on the + side.
    Pokemon is, without a doubt, the most popular anime in history (that is, if you count that games and cards as anime as well and not the actual crappy shows), and I just don't like Pokemon that much. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't like Mons. I don't like "two characters stand off and fight using conjured beasts from magical balls/toys/cards/race cars" I just don't like that premise very much.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Bleach is great until the bount arc, so basically just the soul society arc is great. after that it seems the writers just use any excuse for ichigo to go bankai and talk his way through a 3 episode "fight".

i hate inuyasha. probably the worst popular anime. if bleach is bad with too much dialogue during fights, inuyasha is the worst. it's basically an entire episode of back and forth blustering then a wind scar for the win. the main characters (especially kikyou) are so irritating and 1 dimensional. and it seems the studio thinks that the words "bastard" and "dammit" were worthy replacements for some maturity level, cause they're inuyasha's favorites.

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

An anime I hear nothing but good about is "Fate/Zero" but I pretty much hated it and almost felt like I was torturing myself trying to finish it...

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Paranoia Agent.

Seriously I just couldn't stand this thing.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The only mainstream anime I really watch is Bleach. Not cos it's so awesome, just cos I made it to like episode 200 and was like, why stop now? I gave Naruto a chance, and I can see why it's popular but I just couldn't be bothered. I watched maybe 4 eps of One Piece and I really didn't like it. I didn't like the art style and I thought it was just kinda silly...

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Quote Originally Posted by medicated View Post
    Bleach is great until the bount arc, so basically just the soul society arc is great. after that it seems the writers just use any excuse for ichigo to go bankai and talk his way through a 3 episode "fight".

i hate inuyasha. probably the worst popular anime. if bleach is bad with too much dialogue during fights, inuyasha is the worst. it's basically an entire episode of back and forth blustering then a wind scar for the win. the main characters (especially kikyou) are so irritating and 1 dimensional. and it seems the studio thinks that the words "bastard" and "dammit" were worthy replacements for some maturity level, cause they're inuyasha's favorites.
    Yeah, that arc wasn't in the manga at all. Completely stupid filler! I get annoyed when animators go off of the manga like this to try and stall for time or something because they caught up to the manga..

The only one I can forgive for doing this is Full Metal Alchemist, but that's because they took the story and made it something else. Which I thought to be pretty awesome!
    Last edited by Zainox; 07-30-2013 at 06:26 PM.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Descendant of Elves Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Aria Neko Haruhi Sos Dan Compass
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2014 11:16 AM
    Threads

Gintama. I've watched twenty episodes and couldn't tolerate another episode. I would be lying to myself if I thought the anime would get any better.
    Non-existing plot, obnoxious gags, retarded parodies, ugh!

Junior Member Trypticon is on a distinguished road Trypticon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 09:37 PM
    Threads

With all this there are certain anime I'm just not interested in watching because they are way too long; I'm not saying their bad, I'm just saying my time is limited and to invest in a series that goes almost 400 or 500 episodes is a massive undertaking.

With that, I have no interest in watching One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and Dragonballz; and like I said, not because think they would be bad to watch;I just don't have the time to invest in these anime.

Now for popular anime that wasn't my cup of tea, I would say Sword Art Online; the first episde was amazing, the animation and character design is just beautiful, but for me, around episode 14 or 15 i just lost interest.

This is also the same with Attack on Titan; it's a great premise, it's got great characters, story and action, but around with every episode I watched, I just become more indifferent to it.

I have a few more to mention, but I do that later.
    Last edited by Trypticon; 07-30-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Junior Member freakyanimeobsession is on a distinguished road freakyanimeobsession's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 11:31 PM
    Threads

I got into naruto because my uncle but after a few years when it came back on it got a little boring. The fights are always good but it takes several episodes to finish one fight.

Senior Member Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 09:18 PM
    Threads

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragonball Z, Gintama - Should all be rather obvious for reasons why.

SAO - Tons of flaws (mountains of plotholes, flat characters that don't develop, throws characters away without a second though, bad pacing, deus ex machina, etc.) with little to no redeeming qualities.
    Attack on Titan - Overrated, just your normal mediocre shounen anime with some shock factor thrown in. Nothing special. (could be categorized with the main shounens I dislike)
    Code Geass - Incredibly stupid and unoriginal, just a terrible amalgamation of cliches and bad writing.
    Angel Beats - Plotholes, cardboard characters, needed more episodes to be any good.
    Durarara - "It's plot is like a trainwreck trying to pull itself back together", had some decent characters but they paid the most attention to the wrong ones.
    Clannad/After Story - Superficial, slow, plotholes, deus ex machina, among some other problems that I could easily rant about.
    Anohana - Some of the most cringeworthy melodrama i've seen, also plotholes.
    Death Note - A showdown of two Mary Sues, "an overblown mental mudslinging contest". Entirely driven on coincidences and improbabilities. It does have plenty of good points though, but it's extremely overrated and I already somewhat disliked it but the yaoi fangirls just killed it for me.

There are plenty of mainstream anime that I like or think are good such as FMA/FMA:B, Madoka Magica, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Steins;Gate, etc. Plenty I like, plenty I hate.
    Last edited by Inactive_Account; 07-31-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Senior Member Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cake Lie Soul Eater Logo Little Big Planet Sackboy Kratos
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2013 11:42 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dbz, One-Piece, and Death Note
    Kinda dislike Naruto; could have ended 300 episodes ago

Senior Member zxccxxc is on a distinguished road zxccxxc's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Beer Kill Bill Katana Matrix Tracker
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2014 12:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Because Naruto is overated and really not that great. I dislike Naruto due to the characters and story that is pretty average once you see more animes. Liking it is okay, but the blind fanboys get annoying.

Also, some of the fights are ripped from DBZ and Cowboy Bebop. If I had to wake up everyday to watch Naruto I would probably stop watching anime alltogether.

Like I said though, people who like it are still cool in my books.
    agree.

Junior Member 995Gabber is on a distinguished road 995Gabber's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2013 07:08 PM
    Threads

I guess that would be Fairy tail? started good but is losing it's momentum tragically. Adding Sword Art Online and Shingeki No Kyojin to that.
    Last edited by 995Gabber; 08-04-2013 at 04:38 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Yu Puffin is on a distinguished road Yu Puffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2016 06:35 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

My friends all got into Soul Eater, so I started watching it too. I only got to the third or fourth episode before I got simultaneously bored and weirded out... it probably didn't help that I only watched about one episode a week '^'

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

Actually, it is Naruto, I watched a few episodes and it just bored me, also never could get into Bleach and One Piece either.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information