AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Over edited cartoons

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Over edited cartoons

It didn't used to be this way! Then they started editing Tenchi so that Ryoko drank "tea" and they wore bathing suits to the bath.

Then suddenly Vegeta was saying "holy Smokes".

Pegasus's hair fell across where his eye used to be and bandit keither threatened himw ith his finger...

They took out the first season of Yugioh... and as for the monsters...

It never ends! Cork guns? Seriously?

It's a sucker, I swear!

blood

Clothing

And the ultimate blasphemy! Apparentlyt hey don't allow black people

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Wish I could be here more.. (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Coffee
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2015 06:39 PM
    Threads

First, never even try to watch 4kids One Piece, or you'll be highly disappointed, as it is FILLED with edits. Watch the Funimation One Piece for the full experience and uncut, or watch it on Adult Swim.

Secondly, times have changed, and parent's will/have probably sue/d the channel showing the material, so nowadays, you have to expect it all to be cut.

My advice, don't expect much from Vortex. Stick with online watching or watch it on Adult Swim, so you won't be disappointed in the end, and make threads like these.
    I'm (_YvOnSo_), aka Von. You can call me either.
    I'm back!

If you play, message me your username.

(_YvOnSo_)'s Artwork
    Check out some of my work!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know, they didn't even show how Luffy got his scar.

How can we get it fixed? I propose pointing out that it's art. Worked on the simpsons when marge wanted to ban itchy and scratchy.

And let's face it Fox gets away with anything in its cartoon, especially animation Domination. How do they do Axe cop and The Simpsons then edit this stuff?

And don't say "Prime Time" because so far they haven't even tried mvoing the shows to that time slot, even on the weekend. heck, even adult swim edits stuff. i thinkt hey actually have a "no fan service" policy. As opposed tot he "no live action" policy they should have.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Nah, this doesn't belong in general anime because they only do it in America. otherwise I'd have put it there.

In any case i also mentioned Justice league. they've edited the heck out of it on Vortex, removing a lot of dramatic plot points and things. I mean I get why they started showing it with Arrow coming out and that's why they onlys howed the epsiodes with green Arrow, but sheesh.
    Well then, maybe you should stick to complaining about the non-Japanese cartoons being changed instead of lumping all animation into it. So far you've barely touched base with things non-Japanese, and spend most of the time complaining about Japanese anime on 4Kids and CN.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They edited Mr Popo because characters with his face were once drawn as African American caricatures - black face, big white/pink lips. The characters are edited to remove those connections because they are offensive. It's accepted a bit more in Japan, as well - but it's not something you want to show in countries where African Americans were mocked with such designs.

And this is an anime issue. It may be dealing with its treatment in the west, but this thread is focusing on japanese animation, anime, being over-edited.

Wish I could be here more.. (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Coffee
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2015 06:39 PM
    Threads

How can we get it fixed? I propose pointing out that it's art. Worked on the simpsons when marge wanted to ban itchy and scratchy.

And let's face it Fox gets away with anything in its cartoon, especially animation Domination. How do they do Axe cop and The Simpsons then edit this stuff?

And don't say "Prime Time" because so far they haven't even tried mvoing the shows to that time slot, even on the weekend. heck, even adult swim edits stuff. i thinkt hey actually have a "no fan service" policy. As opposed tot he "no live action" policy they should have.
    They show what it's rated before each of the shows, so they're allowed. And yes, Adult swim is careful on what they put on there, so it's highly unlikely that you'll see anything with too much "fan service" on there.
    I'm (_YvOnSo_), aka Von. You can call me either.
    I'm back!

If you play, message me your username.

(_YvOnSo_)'s Artwork
    Check out some of my work!

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

... That was glorious.

Also, if you willingly watched the 4Kids edit of One Piece, then shame on you. Shame, shame, shame on you. I mean jeez they even changed Zoro's name because something-to-do-with-a-movie?
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not willingly. They were just the only cartoons on at the time.

In any case they show the Simpsons at 6pm and I've seen Heavy Metal being shown at 7 o'clock in the morning sometimes.

So why can't we see unedited anime on broadcast and cable Tv?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Because FCC.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know all about the FCC

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-22-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

I know all about the FCC
    Well, apparently you don't know enough, it would seem. Let's have yet another lesson on television and culture, shall we? Better get a snack....

Ya see, back in the day, anime was this underground thing, typically only found on imported tapes found in the back room of the local comic shop. But anime became much more mainstream when certain American companies realized that they could market the hell out of it. However, Americans have different cultural standards than the Japanese when it comes to children's shows, so in order for these shows to be shown on television, they have to be localized. The effects of this localization are wide-ranging and most anime fans are familiar with them. These changes range from simple title changes (from "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" to simply "Ponyo") to changing entire arcs and relationships, such as the lesbian relationship between Michiru Kaioh (Sailor Neptune) and Haruka Tenoh (Sailor Uranus).

However, it should be known that Japan is only more tolerant of homosexuality in fiction. In real life, however, the stigma against homosexuality is still quite strong, despite the presence of more LGBT friendly laws. Its just not as "in your face" as it is in America.

Now, the FCC has been thrown around a bit, however, in most of the cases that you have brought up, the FCC has had nothing to do with it. The FCC only has control over certain broadcasts, not all of them. Things such as satellite radio and cable television don't fall under their jurisdiction. So the edits that you see on FOX might be due to the FCC, but the cuts you see on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Toonami are due to their own decisions or the decisions of the distributors, not the FCC. Networks have something called Standards and Practices that dictate what should be shown and to whom. This is why Adult Swim still edits stuff (but not to the extent that FOX does).

Of course, this doesn't mean that exceptions aren't made or that certain things don't slip through the cracks. When Cartoon Network aired Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke a few years ago, they had to adhere to Studio Ghibli's "no cut" policy and show all of the bathing, violence, and blood in the movies. And modern cartoons get away with the same dirty jokes that were made in the past. Let's not forget about the famous "Shake It, Bake It, Booty Quake It" incident from Sym-Bionic Titan.

However, as I have mentioned to you before, America is not alone in editing anime; Japan does it to. When compared to the manga, Naruto still has blood edited in the anime. And in Bleach, Harribel's breasts are NEVER exposed to that extent in the anime; only in the manga. As I have said before, even Japan has a limit to what is shown on television when it comes to something that is (technically) a kid's show.

This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

12. Likes (_YvOnSo_) liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Card Captor Sakura was a terrible trajedy in American history and that horror should NEVER be forgotten.

Anyone know these two characters?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Apparently it's already been forgotten.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

haha you mean like in yugioh, people wouldn't die. Instead, they got sent to the "shadow realm".

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Dog View Post
    They edited Mr Popo because characters with his face were once drawn as African American caricatures - black face, big white/pink lips. The characters are edited to remove those connections because they are offensive.

yeah... and by turning him blue they completely erase that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    haha you mean like in yugioh, people wouldn't die. Instead, they got sent to the "shadow realm".
    isn't that what happened to yugi's parents? I heard they were playing bridge with Joey, tristan, and Tea's family and someone acfcidentally drew one of Yugi's cards and poof, all gone.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It doesn't change the fact of what Mr Popo used to be, but it helps to disguise that without removing the character itself or dramatically redrawing him. It might be futile and look stupid, but it's still better than having him on a child's network in the 2010's with the same undertones, because that would kick up a stink so bad Death himself would have to duck out for air.

It is not the removal of black people because they're black people, in all the cases you linked their skin color was being removed because they're potentially offensive caricatures. To me - and this may be an over-reaction - someone saying "they're removing black people from anime" by showing Mr Popo's new dye-job is rude as crap, because it's not the fact that they're supposedly of African descent, which is nothing to be ashamed of, that's being erased for the hell of it - they're attempting to remove the unfortunate implications of that caricature (which also involve servitude to King Kami as a gardener and caretaker? That's a bit suss).

Isn't Mr Popo a god anyway? He's not even of African descent, which means that changing the color of his skin isn't so much erasing a character's heritage for the fun of it (as you seemed to think by the line "Apparentlyt hey don't allow black people") as it is trying to remove the visual implication that Mr Popo is a caricature of a black slave, even if he isn't African. If there was a mainish character in DBZ who actually had darker skin which was more realistic than Mr Popo's coal-black, and a face which was drawn to the proportions of the rest of the cast, it would not have achieved the same degree of censorship as Mr Popo or that kid you linked with the lips.

...Except maybe Mr Satan - he doesn't look white in this artwork by Akira Toriyama.

But I don't know much about Dragonball after all - I just know your bullcrap about Mr Popo is misguided and wrong.
    Last edited by Naughty Dog; 11-02-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Had to lengthen my argument

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Mr. Popo wasnt supposed to be a racial stereotype, he was based on Noh plays where demons were usually portrayed with dark faces. Yanma-uba in particular being the basis for Jynx.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Dog View Post
    It doesn't change the fact of what Mr Popo used to be, but it helps to disguise that without removing the character itself or dramatically redrawing him. It might be futile and look stupid, but it's still better than having him on a child's network in the 2010's with the same undertones, because that would kick up a stink so bad Death himself would have to duck out for air.

It is not the removal of black people because they're black people, in all the cases you linked their skin color was being removed because they're potentially offensive caricatures. To me - and this may be an over-reaction - someone saying "they're removing black people from anime" by showing Mr Popo's new dye-job is rude as crap, because it's not the fact that they're supposedly of African descent, which is nothing to be ashamed of, that's being erased for the hell of it - they're attempting to remove the unfortunate implications of that caricature (which also involve servitude to King Kami as a gardener and caretaker? That's a bit suss).

Isn't Mr Popo a god anyway? He's not even of African descent, which means that changing the color of his skin isn't so much erasing a character's heritage for the fun of it (as you seemed to think by the line "Apparentlyt hey don't allow black people") as it is trying to remove the visual implication that Mr Popo is a caricature of a black slave, even if he isn't African. If there was a mainish character in DBZ who actually had darker skin which was more realistic than Mr Popo's coal-black, and a face which was drawn to the proportions of the rest of the cast, it would not have achieved the same degree of censorship as Mr Popo or that kid you linked with the lips.

...Except maybe Mr Satan - he doesn't look white in this artwork by Akira Toriyama.

But I don't know much about Dragonball after all - I just know your bullcrap about Mr Popo is misguided and wrong.
    Don't you mean "Hercule"?

Yes, the guys in charge of editing the show need to go straigh to HFIL. I mean Z Kai edits out Goku's halo for gods' sakes! Not to mention you know pretty much all but 24% of the episodes. It took Goku like two episodes to get to King Kai's place.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Don't you mean "Hercule"?
    Well, Hercule is his American name. In Japan, he is called Mr. Satan. In standard American localization practice, Judeo-Christian references are edited out, which includes names. However, in the Viz versions of the DBZ manga (including Shonen Jump), while he is still called Hercule, they at least acknowledge that Mr. Satan is his real name.

Yes, the guys in charge of editing the show need to go straigh to HFIL. I mean Z Kai edits out Goku's halo for gods' sakes! Not to mention you know pretty much all but 24% of the episodes. It took Goku like two episodes to get to King Kai's place.
    Er...you are right and wrong. Yes, in Dragonball Z Kai, Goku's halo is edited out (along with every other character in the Other World), however, this is only in the 4Kids version, which you really shouldn't be watching anyway. In the Funimation version, even the one that was shown on Nickelodeon, Goku's halo is kept in.

Also, it took Goku two episodes to reach King Kai because, well, that's how the episodes are arranged. He starts the run in episode 4 and ends it in episode 6. Even unedited, it still takes two episodes, so I don't know what you are talking about. Remember, DBZ Kai is essentially an abridged version of DBZ. Stuff like Goku falling to Hell and the whole Princess Snake thing were taken out.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Note: I know almost nothing about DBZ. I am just exercising basic common sense.

I have heard the Noh explanation before, and while they may be separate from blackface they still invoke that basic feeling in the west. That is why they are edited. It may not be done with the intention to harm, but due to the heritage of most of the modern West - white people oppressing and mocking black people with caricatures - Mr Popo's look can be taken as offensive and is edited. It's not necessarily fair, but that's how things are.

And is it just me or have we drifted into japanese animation again? You panicked when the prospect of moving the thread was announced and posted the Del Toro Simpsons opening, but we've drifted back into japanese animation being over-edited in the west. This is a western issue, but it is still japanese animation.

I personally have a beef with Australia editing The Simpsons after years of uncensored viewings. The episode where Bart and Homer become con artists and Willy gets arrested as part of a counter-scheme against them has been edited here to remove the scene where Seymour Skinner is supposedly shot. But they just take out the scene of him being shot - you still see him in the background after the shooting with blood around him, and they keep the scene where he explains how it looked like he was shot. It's ridiculous. Take out the whole thing, or leave it all in.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The 4kids version is like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't watch, you know it'll scar you for life, you know it may make you vomit... but you can't help wondering how bad the carnage is.

I also found out they do stop shows liek Family Guy from airng certain episodes. Like the one where Lois had an abortion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information