AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coffi's Sigs

Senior Member Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Uranus Space Sword Glass
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2015 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Coffi's Sigs

Hiya, Coffi here.
    I've been making sigs for a while now, but it's been quite the journey to get where I am today.
    And to be honest, part of the reason I joined here was that I could hopefully learn from ya'll to travel even farther!
    So here's a bit of a sig timeline, with a few comments along the way, because personal notes is how I roll. Not every sig I've ever made is on here because well, I sucked for a while, plus I've made a lot.

One of my first works. Believe it or not, I used microsoft paint for my first sigs. So much regret looking back XD

I used photoshop only a few times, then I found Paint.Net, and it worked better for me than photoshop ever did.

This was the first sig that I'm still pretty happy with today. I used manga panels, so I wanted to reflect that through the sig..

Now this was the time when I really began to try things with text.

Then I learned (somewhat) how to use C4D's *w*

One of the first sigs I ever entered into a contest~

I discovered a love for the calligraphy tool!

I began to practice blending, blurring and all that good stuff in earnest.

I started to learn the value of lighting, though not how to properly execute it. I'm still working on that to this day.

I began to learn what it means to be devoid of creativity.

Which I learned would be followed by breakthroughs!

I learned that some shows just don't have renders, so you have to go look up the official art and muck your way through.

That brings me to the end as of today. As you can see from the last one, I'm trying to do new things these days, even though they don't turn out perfect.
    I lose creativity sometimes, but hey, that's a part of being a creator, right?
    Anyway, sorry if that was ridiculously long for you, but it was fun to make for me- looking back at the past is interesting.
    Here's to the future!

Senior Member Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel has a reputation beyond repute Tiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Coffi's Sigs

Update! *^*

I couldn't put this up before, because the contest I had entered it into wasn't over. But now it is, so here it is!

And now for the sigs.

Working in black and white is interesting!

Three versions because I don't know when to stop. I need to develop a sense of that: when it's good the way it is. How does one tell? How do you tell?

Member iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 11:57 AM
    Threads

wow its nice to see your timeline from when you started till present day. I don't think i would be able to keep all of them from day 1 till now (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡. For sure you have improved since you started ⊂(^(工)^)⊃!

Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by iAnime View Post
    wow its nice to see your timeline from when you started till present day. I don't think i would be able to keep all of them from day 1 till now (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡. For sure you have improved since you started ⊂(^(工)^)⊃!
    Aw thanks a lot! *w*
    I wasn't sure people would like a timeline or not, but it's fun to do so I did it~!

And now for some recent ones I've made.

It's fun to let loose and bug people by giving them totally unfitting sigs.

I need to use the transform tool more, it can make things look cool!

Sometimes you just want things to be fabulous!~

And some days your imagination fails you. ;w;

Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow, I've been making a lot of sigs lately... it must be the warm weather XD
    I made five sigs in one day for a contest, even. =w=;
    Addiction ho~

My first vertical sig! 8D

Urgh I do not like this one, but hey, it was for the freestyle category of a contest so eh.

Can't do comedy ;w; (I'm not a funny person...)

Still not happy with this one D:

I love this one, it's one of the first sigs I've made on my new computer with my new fonts.

I feel like the more sigs I do, the lazier I get XD

I'm so glad I learned how to make solid drop shadows, they're so coooool!

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

not bad, but a lot of them look kinda faded and have lowish quality renders. Lastly, your renders look sorta glued on to a BG. In some sigs, they blend nicely, while they dont blend at all in others.
    For the fading, try flattening the image when done, duplicating it, and setting the top one to soft light, or overlay, and then play around with hue and saturation on it.
    Renders, find better ones. just cuz its cool, dont mean its good.
    The blending, practice practice practice! you'll get the hang of it.

good luck, and have fun!
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    not bad, but a lot of them look kinda faded and have lowish quality renders. Lastly, your renders look sorta glued on to a BG. In some sigs, they blend nicely, while they dont blend at all in others.
    For the fading, try flattening the image when done, duplicating it, and setting the top one to soft light, or overlay, and then play around with hue and saturation on it.
    Renders, find better ones. just cuz its cool, dont mean its good.
    The blending, practice practice practice! you'll get the hang of it.

good luck, and have fun!
    Okay, thank you. But um, where do I find the 'soft light' option?
    And what exactly does 'flatten' do? Because I just flattened that last sig out of curiosity about what you said, and it didn't seem to change anything.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Coffi View Post
    Okay, thank you. But um, where do I find the 'soft light' option?
    And what exactly does 'flatten' do? Because I just flattened that last sig out of curiosity about what you said, and it didn't seem to change anything.
    Soft light and overlay are in blending options.
    Flatten image turns the image as you see it into one single layer.

To show you what overlay does, i took your sig with link, duplicated it, set the top layer to overlay and then darkened it.
    Before:

After:
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, I think I see now. You're using photoshop, right?
    I'm using gimp, so the options are sometimes called different things..
    I'll just have to find work-arounds and get back to you on this C:

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Coffi View Post
    Ah, I think I see now. You're using photoshop, right?
    I'm using gimp, so the options are sometimes called different things..
    I'll just have to find work-arounds and get back to you on this C:
    overlay should be the same name in gimp if i remember right.
    If you want photoshop, youtube is your friend. I even have it on a Mac.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Junior Member EzousTheFirst is on a distinguished road EzousTheFirst's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:36 AM
    Threads

To be honest Gimp sucks I used it when I was noob the Tools there are so limited

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information