AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Next-Gen Xbox Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    If they could successfully ruin Windows by 'improving' Windows 7 with Windows 8, and 'improve' the Xbox 360 interface by changing from the (apparently rather confusing) Blade interface, through to that old but really well thought-out interface, then through to the current stupid/useless/throw-netflix-in-your-face ad-strewn Metro interface, then I'm pretty sure that they're capable of having an E3 conference that outperforms their launch conference in the failure department.

Honestly, for a long time I have not been a fan of the PS3. I hated the Xbox 360 too, but let's not get into a console-war argument here. My point is that I dislike the PS3, and I assumed that the XBone (I hoped it would be called the Xbox Infinity) would just smear the floor with Sony. Having watched that conference and seen all the Orwellian bullcrap they're pulling with the new console (DRM I can deal with, but requiring an internet connection AND the kinect?!) and the shift in focus from what a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is supposed to do, to the focus on trying to do something that people already do using the cable-box they probably got with the Internet package they're using the run the console?

I want to like this 'thing'. No, I'm not even going to call it a media-center. My frelling computer is a media-center. This new thing is like that new kid at school; it just wants to impress everybody by showing it can do everything really good. Problem is, it's not going to work. It can't do EVERYTHING really good. It's sacrificing itself to try and please everybody, and in the process it's going to let everyone down.

I don't want a piece of hardware that I purchase to play a video game on, that needs to watch me whilst I play it, needs my internet (which has a habit of dropping out on some days, THANK YOU VIRGIN MEDIA!) to be on at some point in the day, and needs to try and make me watch TV (which I don't watch), and needs to throw ads for things I don't need in my face at every opportunity, and needs to infuriate me with a useless user interface that makes you spend more time trying to figure out what to do than actually doing it. I want to play damn video games, not watch Netflix. If I want to watch Netflix, I'll watch it on my computer. You know why? Because IT'S EASIER. It's not reminding me with little boxes on every single window that I should watch Netflix. Telling me what to do is a surefire way to make me not do it. It's called 'reverse psychology'.

... OK, that last part is me with my experience with the Metro UI on 360, but from what I've seen the UI for the XBone is even worse. And, why do I need my cable TV box, plugged in the XBone, so I can watch cable TV on my TV, through my xbox, through my cable TV box? That's like ... cable-ception right there, goddamnit. If I want to use my cable box, I use the cable box. Why do I need to use my xbox to use the cable box? Waste of time and money.

I think I'm done ranting now, but it's really these things that are just clinging at me and irking the hell out of me. Maybe I'm overreacting but like I said, I want to hate the PS4 more than the XBone by nature of the PS3 vs 360 thing, but it's looking like the other way around. Does Microsoft need to go pull a Windows XP-Vista mishap, but via their consoles, to realise they made a mistake and so that the next-next-generation xbox will be to the 360 what 7 is to XP (read: what the next-gen system SHOULD have been from the get go)?

:|

With the Orwellian bullcrap they're pulling with the new Big Brother Kinect, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually able to do that.
    You thought the Xbox One was already iffy? Well.. Microsoft just cancelled their post E3 press conference on the system. HORRID choice IMO.

I want to come on this thread and defend the system, but it is becoming tougher to defend a system going this south.. If E3 is bad, the Xbox One will finalize the PS4 being FULLY superior. Sad since I really like Xbox.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    You thought the Xbox One was already iffy? Well.. Microsoft just cancelled their post E3 press conference on the system. HORRID choice IMO.

I want to come on this thread and defend the system, but it is becoming tougher to defend a system going this south.. If E3 is bad, the Xbox One will finalize the PS4 being FULLY superior. Sad since I really like Xbox.
    They cancelled it?

... I got plenty nails for that coffin they look set to need. You think they need help digging the hole? six feet or eight?
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    They cancelled it?

... I got plenty nails for that coffin they look set to need. You think they need help digging the hole? six feet or eight?
    Yup. Makes you wonder why? It "may" not be because of the system itself though. When I get more info I'll let you know.

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

Actual selling point of the "console": "Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you."

What an innovation!!!!!!111!!1!

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wait, so, they don't want you selling games you no longer want ... but they're happy to let random guests play your games on your console?

I'm so confused.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@<a href="http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=26633" target="_blank">Ranshiin</a> Might as well stick this and rename it "Xbox One Discussion Thread'.

So time to post all the BS here.

This was funny, tbh.

Worth reposting:

Here is a 3D Model of the System:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...f-the-xbox-one

I really want that controller, is the only thing I like. I hope they make a wired version for PC.

Just posting more stuff here...
    http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/06/...x-one-in-asia/
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/p...one/disclaimer

Guess no JRPGs for Xbox for a while, lmao.

I haven't read the article yet but lol
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/12/tech/g...html?hpt=hp_t3

Digital is cool but shouldn't be Mandatory, Xsteambox, I mean Xbox.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-12-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lol, I can't even preorder this now since the ones available for preorder are sold out. Eh, some may malfunction anyways at release.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

HA
    http://analogaddiction.org/2013/06/1...-the-question/

@<a href="http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=32839" target="_blank">RAN</a> shin, I think you're gonna looooove this.

This is looking bad for Microsoft:

Posting this here:
    https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideo...1317646&rest=1

Let's read the Disclaimer
    Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).

Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.

Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.

Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.

Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
    Additional requirements will apply.

Recommended Minimum Play Spa
    Xbox One the Console War.

Lmao I love this video
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-12-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is becoming pathetic. MS I'm getting closer to going PS4. Why must they dig themselves so deep?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To those buying an Xbox 1, goodluck re-buying all your accessories. LIKE ALL of them

Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-13-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    You should correct that map of coverage, because most of the UK doesn't meet those requirements. You go more than a hundred yards out of this town and you can't even get 3G coverage

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I heard the Xbox One's HDD isn't "swappable".

I guess good luck with 500GB after installing a few games. I know there's cloud and stuff but still.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Xbox, a must get console that cares about all it's gamers around the world.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

@Ranshiin

Rename this Xbox One Discussion and stick it when you can please.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin

I was about to, and then my house almost got hit by Zeus so I had to turn my computer off. Thunderstorms suck.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12...-less-comical/

Yeah, way to kill Dead Rising. =\ Should of just name it something else but since "Dead Rising" is already popular, I can see why they kept the name. SMH

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

I had an idea of how bad they screwed themselves over from seeing E3, but those posts by @Kaitou+ really made it clear. I don't understand why they would restrict there user base so much, and how they thought it was a good idea.. I don't understand what they were thinking to come up with this result. Playstation will ROCKET in sales this year and Xbox has just helped them along. Nintendo will probably profit from this too from those Playstation haters refusing to touch it.

1.5mbps minimum... Seriously, where I live people max that. We don't have the best internet here, our government is actually just starting to change this to try an give us faster internet. Alot of people here would struggle to use the internet at that speed. Hell, I probably would, and I have a decent connection here.

I planned from the beginning to buy both consoles, but I am seriously questioning it...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12...-less-comical/

Yeah, way to kill Dead Rising. =\ Should of just name it something else but since "Dead Rising" is already popular, I can see why they kept the name. SMH
    This is seriousy the ONLY game I want that's Xbox only. I haven't played the other 2 so I have nothing to go against, but I think this looks awesome. I quickly went through the article you linked, sounded great to me! The only thing that annoys me about the game thus far, is the fact you can call in an air strike.. WTF! How does he have the power to do that? Seems like taking the challange out of surviving and killing zombies, seems to OP for me..
    Last edited by Zainox; 06-13-2013 at 10:02 AM.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    I had an idea of how bad they screwed themselves over from seeing E3, but those posts by @Kaitou+ really made it clear. I don't understand why they would restrict there user base so much, and how they thought it was a good idea.. I don't understand what they were thinking to come up with this result. Playstation will ROCKET in sales this year and Xbox has just helped them along. Nintendo will probably profit from this too from those Playstation haters refusing to touch it.

1.5mbps minimum... Seriously, where I live people max that. We don't have the best internet here, our government is actually just starting to change this to try an give us faster internet. Alot of people here would struggle to use the internet at that speed. Hell, I probably would, and I have a decent connection here.

I planned from the beginning to buy both consoles, but I am seriously questioning it...

This is seriousy the ONLY game I want that's Xbox only. I haven't played the other 2 so I have nothing to go against, but I think this looks awesome. I quickly went through the article you linked, sounded great to me! The only thing that annoys me about the game thus far, is the fact you can call in an air strike.. WTF! How does he have the power to do that? Seems like taking the challange out of surviving and killing zombies, seems to OP for me..
    Glad I made it easier for you. and saving you from making a mistake.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Glad I made it easier for you. and saving you from making a mistake.
    My first console of choice was always the PS4, since that's what I have always used. But I planned to buy an Xbox down the road.. Too much trouble it seems...

This isn't a 'red ring of death' incident either, which they can just send out new models and fix.. They would have to change the system entirely to make customers happy. This will hit them hard, I wonder how much they will be affected by this. I assume they will still make some sales, but will it be enough?

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by From NarutoForums
    I have a friend who is considered a "collector" of all consoles and never sells his games and still makes enough money to get his internet connection going (quite a feat around here). He says he really wouldn't be affected by the restrictions but he refuses to support Xbone and their stupid DRM for the sake of every other gamer and the community. A true friend indeed.
    I support this and it's the same thing I will be doing.
    ___

Another article, these keep coming like hot pancakes:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-13-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wanna stop posting these but I just can't....they keep coming.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...in-poland.aspx

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Got this from a SNK Forum:
    At my best buy, the rep told us they only got one Station to set up. They expect low numbers that turned out to be completely wrong. There was up around 200 people in line at any time before 40 minutes till 8pm.

Rep told me they were completely unprepared for the event turnout numbers.

A best buy employee also talked about how Microsoft and Sony have contracts with them to limit competitor demo stations allowed in different stores.

Also in another thread I saw how a Microsoft employee visited a best buy to talk about the Xbox One.

The same thing happened to me where a dude in a Grey-white shirt showed up and asked why everyone was in line. We said Wii U. He said Why?! Why not just go pre-order the Xbox One. He talked about the Xbox One and started to talk to others in line.

People in line told him to leave them alone. He didn't wear a Microsoft t-shirt though.

Guess they went as far as harassing people.

Oh it's also on neogaf probably the original source as always.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587891
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-13-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts K-on Pick Bleach Zangetsu Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProdigySniperXx Steam ID: TadashiED

For the first time in my life, I am leaning towards Sony. I've been an Xbox guy since the original, but all this grozit that Micro$oft is pulling is really pushing me towards the PS4. Halo 5 isn't enough to make me buy the Xbox One lol. They just keep making the hole they're in bigger...

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I heard the Xbox One's HDD isn't "swappable".

I guess good luck with 500GB after installing a few games. I know there's cloud and stuff but still.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Xbox, a must get console that cares about all it's gamers around the world.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

@Ranshiin

Damn MS lost Crofna. Sales are doomed! Rofl.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Anime Forum

Did you look at the Amazon Poll?

PS4 is destroying the Xbox one so... LMAO

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Anime Forum

Did you look at the Amazon Poll?

PS4 is destroying the Xbox one so... LMAO
    I'm thinking about switching to PS4 TBH. Depends what system I want at the end of the year.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    I'm thinking about switching to PS4 TBH. Depends what system I want at the end of the year.
    Can't believe you're still thinking about it.

You vote with your wallets tbh, and by purchasing it you're supporting their policies believe it not. Do you think they are gonna be like "Raiken is buying it for the games, lol but he thinks our policies suck". Lol, nah.

It's the reason a lot of people are backing out from buying it.

Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2 has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou-2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2016 09:23 PM
    Threads

Xbox One Achievements

Xbox blazed the trail back in 2005 by introducing Xbox Live Achievements as a metagame whose cumulative score – Gamerscore – spans across games on every Xbox Live platform. Many of today’s gaming systems followed our model and now offer achievements or badges as well. With Xbox One, we are once again breaking the mold and this time, we want consumers to reap more tangible benefits. In addition to Gamerscore, which will remain as a critical part of the Xbox gaming experience (and yes, your Gamerscore from Xbox 360 will carry forward to Xbox One), consumers can now unlock digital artwork, new maps, unlockable characters, and temporary stat boosts via achievements. And this is not limited to games! Other Xbox One applications such as video and music apps can now use Achievements to bring you awesome sneak peek content, early access, or subscription extensions. Only games will give you Gamerscore.

Cool, you can earn cool stuff with Xbox Live Achievements. Let’s talk about how they work.

There are now two types of Achievements: achievements and challenges. An achievement is probably already familiar. There’s a goal or activity you must accomplish and a reward that you receive upon completion. You can unlock an achievement at any time, be it on a game’s launch day or 3 years later. I guess you can say an achievement is like a promise in that sense. A challenge, on the other hand, is more like an opportunity – better grab it while you can! It is also comprised of a goal and a reward; however, challenges are time-bound (as in, real life time). That means you can only unlock during its eligible time window, and if you get close but don’t complete the goal when it ends… *Kanye shrug*

Achievements and challenges are both officially considered Xbox Live Achievements, so they inherit many of the same benefits

• You can unlock them and win their rewards;

• Once unlocked, they are saved to your achievement history;

• They each have an icon to visualize the cool thing you did;

• They often are associated with a Game DVR capture to show your friends that you are better than they are

• Developers can release more of them after the game’s initial release (more on that in a bit).

There are also some notable differences between them:

• Challenges are time based - As just noted, challenges are only available for a certain period of time. Only your activity during that timeframe will count toward unlocking the challenge. Achievements do not expire, so you can unlock them at your leisure.

• Challenges do not give out Gamerscore - We want everyone to have the same shot at increasing their Gamerscore to its highest potential. Since challenges are intentionally temporary (an opportunity) and achievements never expire (a promise), only achievements may offer Gamerscore as a reward.

• Challenges may cross titles, but achievements cannot - Achievements cannot be shared across titles whereas challenges are allowed to span multiple titles.

• Challenges can be unlocked by the community - Community challenges are typically goals that exceed what a lone player can accomplish in the given period of time. Imagine, for example, a game releases a headshot weekend challenge that requires players to cumulatively headshot 1 million baddies in a 3 day period. And every person who participates and meets the challenge’s goals gets the unlock on his or her achievement history and reaps its reward.

Another really cool thing with the new Achievements system is that it’s cloud-powered. A magical term, I know, but it delivers real value to users. Check it out:

Having cloud-powered achievements makes it easy and consistent to run challenges across all players of a game simultaneously.

It makes it possible for developers to add new achievements and challenges after their game is initially released. Why is that good for you?

1) It means you can get new achievements without always being required to buy new content or download title updates.

2) It allows developers to learn from and respond to user activity and focus on adding stuff that you’ll find fun. For example, let’s say a certain game is known on community forums to have a fun little sub-game of kicking chickens. Wouldn’t it be amazing if the game developers noticed the community enjoying an unintended aspect of the game and creating a challenge around it, with a reward to boot?

3) It empowers developers to involve the community (that means YOU) in the achievement creation process. If they so choose, a developer could run a contest for users to submit and vote on challenge ideas, for example, with the winning idea being released to the public as a legitimate Xbox Live Achievement. Not too shabby!

Let’s bring it all home and talk about what you actually see.

• The Xbox One dashboard experience greatly improves how you discover and view Xbox Live Achievements.

• Ever wondered how far along you were toward completing an achievement, particularly those that involve a lot of collection or linear progress? With Xbox One, games may now expose your latest progression toward unlocking an achievement right on the dashboard, even before you launch the game.

• Quickly catch up on what your friends have been up with the achievement activity feed that keeps you informed about your friends’ latest unlocked achievements.

• Check out video clips of that magical moment when an achievement was unlocked.

• Easily discover upcoming challenges for a game at any time.

• Your achievement history has been transformed into a more beautiful gallery of achievement icons that properly show off your hard-earned victories.

majornelson.com

Nominate Your Anime(s) of the Year!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information