AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Digital art help

Moon Maiden Ninja Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 07:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Digital art help

After going through Deviantart, Seeing all the wonderful artworks done on Photoshop, I am amazed. I use Paintshop Pro X and I want my art to come out like the photoshop artwork but sadly I don't think it'll work. I want to use a photoshop tutorial for anime hair coloring for my Paintshop program, does anyone know if it'll work?
    I was worried about the trees.......
    [Art Page{:http://XxHinamori17xX.deviantart.com:}Please visit]

.::Keylime pie yogurt is the SHIZNIT!!!::.

<3 .::Leonardo is my lovely turtle boy::. <3

bad ideas are not enough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2010 01:39 AM
    Threads

I honestly think you're putting too much weight on the program that you use to make the art.
    The program is just a tool, Paintshop pro is plenty good to create great digital artwork... I read about one famous artist awhile back that used nothing but PSP for a long time because he was too poor to afford photoshop.

More than the program that you use is the method of input. Pretty much as a pre-requisite you need a digital art tablet for most types of digital artwork, a mouse is just way to limiting unless you're doing vector work or 3D. The tablet will allow you to draw fairly naturally using pressure and a pen / paper type feel to create natural looking strokes depending on the brush you use in your program. After that it's just messing with the program's brushes and colors to get it to look the way you want it to look.
    Note: It will still take a LOT of practice, it's not completely like drawing or painting, there are many different factors to consider and settings to tweak to get things the way you want them to look.

I would suggest you look up wacom tablets. They're the industry standard, I've tried others but they're crap. Just shell the money for a wacom and you won't regret it.
    An entry level tablet like their bamboo line will run you around $100, however I personally use an Intuos 1 that I've had since high school... so like 10 years... You can probably find a used one on ebay fairly cheap, when I got my Intuos new it was around $300... I think the new ones still run that much.

As far as using a photoshop hair coloring tutorial for PSP I think it would work because the tutorial will most likely just give you a technique for doing the hair that can be adapted from one program to the other if you try it out and think about what the author is trying to teach you.

Moon Maiden Ninja Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FirebornX View Post
    I honestly think you're putting too much weight on the program that you use to make the art.
    The program is just a tool, Paintshop pro is plenty good to create great digital artwork... I read about one famous artist awhile back that used nothing but PSP for a long time because he was too poor to afford photoshop.

More than the program that you use is the method of input. Pretty much as a pre-requisite you need a digital art tablet for most types of digital artwork, a mouse is just way to limiting unless you're doing vector work or 3D. The tablet will allow you to draw fairly naturally using pressure and a pen / paper type feel to create natural looking strokes depending on the brush you use in your program. After that it's just messing with the program's brushes and colors to get it to look the way you want it to look.
    Note: It will still take a LOT of practice, it's not completely like drawing or painting, there are many different factors to consider and settings to tweak to get things the way you want them to look.

I would suggest you look up wacom tablets. They're the industry standard, I've tried others but they're crap. Just shell the money for a wacom and you won't regret it.
    An entry level tablet like their bamboo line will run you around $100, however I personally use an Intuos 1 that I've had since high school... so like 10 years... You can probably find a used one on ebay fairly cheap, when I got my Intuos new it was around $300... I think the new ones still run that much.

As far as using a photoshop hair coloring tutorial for PSP I think it would work because the tutorial will most likely just give you a technique for doing the hair that can be adapted from one program to the other if you try it out and think about what the author is trying to teach you.
    I own a tablet. A wacom tablet. I was just wondering if you could use a photoshop tutorial for paintshop. o.o;;

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 03:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Azumi_xX View Post
    I own a tablet. A wacom tablet. I was just wondering if you could use a photoshop tutorial for paintshop. o.o;;
    Yup, so long as you know your way around Paintshop well enough to know what the equivalent functions are. They'll do most of the same things (for your purposes), just in different ways.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Neddog View Post
    Yup, so long as you know your way around Paintshop well enough to know what the equivalent functions are. They'll do most of the same things (for your purposes), just in different ways.
    Thanks dude!!! ^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information