AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which should I write next?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • "The Live and Times of An Evil Overlord"

2 40.00%
  • "Undead Strippers Versus the Alien Zombie Queen"

3 60.00%
Closed Thread

Thread: What should I write next?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What should I write next?

I'm torn. Which book should I write next.

I have 2 possibilities.

1. "The Life and Times of An Evil Overlord". The story starts out in a medieval fantasy kingdom of Villain that has seen better times. Real bad guys are on the downswing. Everyone wants to be a hero or an antihero. Plus the place is overrun with puns and jokes like real door mice (Mice with doors on them) and the like. So a group of hardcore villains get drunk one night and go to dig up an evil overlord who once ruled the kingdom and was sealed away a thousand years ago by a wizard. You know the type. Dark armor, glowing eyes, magic and superhuman strength, but until he was corrupted by the land of Villain he was a handsome prince too. They dig him up and the first thing he does, basically running on automatic, is rip out one of their hearts and eat it.
    After they explain things to him he decides to reconquer his former empire. But what none of them know is that someone else has a plan and has brought five other evil overlord from other times to conquer the land as part of their scheme. At first out hero... um... no, that's not right. Our evil SOB faces off with them and proves to be a match against any one of them... and since so far they are also fighting each other, they find this to be a problem. He's picking up minions along the way and kicking donkey.
    So one of them uses the medallion that brought him there to send him, his new evil sorceress girlfriend, their minion (a cyborg-Kobold with the brain of Mark Twain) and his steed a vicious black dragon into the other worlds. And the story revolves around him dealing with those worlds as he goes one by one through them to get back home and kick some donkey. The worlds are, after his of course, in order: 1. The Wild West. 2. 1970's Superheros. 3. Distant Future. (I add a character in their cat-girl daughter who was conceived mutant in the last world, but raised as an orphan in a sort of a Jedi hero way before being forced to join her father) 4. Ancient Past (Dinosaurs, ancient gods, loads of fun). And finally 5. Medieval Home world where the five other overlords now rule with iron fists. (After the past though I'm purging them of all evil and removing their memories for a bit so they can be heroes before returning to villain and getting it all back... and how will this effect their fight with the other overlords?

2. "Undead Strippers Versus The Alien Zombie Queen" The plot here is a bit simpler. A spaceship crashes in Rhode Island when one of the two-creature crew rebels and tries to take over the ship. After the crash the good alien is knocked out while the evil one heads out and snatches a human body. This human turns out to be a teenage girl who practices necromancy, but is pretty shallow. But with her new alien partner they decide to step things up a notch and soon they hatch a plan. She will turn Rhode Island (and then the world!) into zombies, saving some to be the hosts of the alien's babies and using the virgins in a dark spell to turn them into an unstoppable god.
    The other alien meanwhile wakes up and tried to hunt the other one down, but by then it's too late and not only is their plan under way, but his ship is totaled. So he goes and picks and FBI agent to host him and as a partner to help stop the other one. She in turn is not an ordinary woman either and has had some experience with the supernatural. She hatches a plan (which is too complicated to explain here and is really a thin facade to move the story along anyway) to recruit monsters to fight back as Rhode Island is over run with zombies quarantined. Unfortunately the thing is most of the really powerful monsters are either good at hiding or have armies of lawyers that mean she can't even talk to them without months of paperwork, let alone confirm anything.
    So when she rounds up the team she's left with monsters that, while powerful, are basically bimbos. 1. An ex-prostitute master vampire who now runs a strip club. 2. A mega-powerful werewolf girl with a nasty curse, six boobs, and a bad attitude about it. 3. The brain of Dippel Frankenstein's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Conrad_Dippel monster which was found by a geeky mad scientist who got government funding and was rebuilt as an undead sex slave under the guise of being a supersoldier/turned mad scientist herself after her creator tried making love to her and ended up looking like he'd been run through a fruit juicer. 4. An elder inhabiting the dead body of the virginal victim of a sorority cult whose protection spell was not quite as good as their summoning spell. 5. A mummy/sorceress who used to be a shrine maiden who about 5000 years ago pissed off the priests and her god by not keeping her vow of chastity and ended up going to Harvard in the 1800s... on exhibit.
    The FBI girl (who is not only infected with the good alien but has her own secret) has to lead them through the island state of Rhode Island which is currently experiencing its own Zombie Apocalypse, a bunch of monster hating humans who are on edge because of said zombies, find the alien-necromancer, and stop them before they can destroy the world. Of course the monsters are a little unsure they want to bother, but since most of them either feed or experiment on humans they figure they probably better. Plus the Elder god girl is addicted to TV and is worrier her favorite shows will be preempted by Doomsday.

Which sounds like the better story?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default Re: What should I write next?

there's no way i'm reading the synopsis of either story in wall-of-text form. have you ever heard of paraphrasing? i'll just tell you which story i think will be better based on the title.

the one about the overlord sounds better. overlords are a lot cooler than zombie strippers. although you spelled "life" wrong.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Who said anything about zombie strippers?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

I didn't go with my brain on this one.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mystelinth View Post
    I didn't go with my brain on this one.
    \http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Strippe...dead+strippers

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

you're done with it already? must be a piece of sht if you finished it in a month.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    you're done with it already? must be a piece of sht if you finished it in a month.
    While admittedly this isn't Shakespeare and the plot is pretty straight forward and only 285 pages long, I have a 142 IQ and a lot of free time. And I've actually been working on it for a while. I just couldn't decide which one to finish. I have about 50 different books I'm working on at any given time, not to mention fan fiction and anything else that pops into my head.

Have you read anything I've written? I'm actually pretty popular online.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/r/4087046/

https://www.fanfiction.net/r/7455684/

https://www.fanfiction.net/r/4575232/

https://www.fanfiction.net/r/4736783/

https://www.fanfiction.net/r/4812289/

https://www.fanfiction.net/r/5236931/
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-11-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Junior Member Lotuz is on a distinguished road Lotuz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2015 11:44 AM
    Threads

I read through 90% of your post and skimmed the rest. The summary is quite hefty and much more than a synopsis. Regardless of that, you I would go with the second one being Undead Strippers Vs The Alien Zombie Queen. The plot is more simplistic if not much clearer than the first one. While I was reading through I just kept laughing although not really sure if I should be but it would make a pretty funny comedy if written so. A professor once gave me the best advice of staying way from platitude and doing so will make you a better writer.

Although Durren Lagen made me go wtf and laugh out at the ostentatious use of cliches.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuz View Post
    I read through 90% of your post and skimmed the rest. The summary is quite hefty and much more than a synopsis. Regardless of that, you I would go with the second one being Undead Strippers Vs The Alien Zombie Queen. The plot is more simplistic if not much clearer than the first one. While I was reading through I just kept laughing although not really sure if I should be but it would make a pretty funny comedy if written so. A professor once gave me the best advice of staying way from platitude and doing so will make you a better writer.

Although Durren Lagen made me go wtf and laugh out at the ostentatious use of cliches.
    I went with a sort of Evil Dead Meets Monster Squad thing. Plus Alien Vs Predator and boobs.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-11-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information