AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: GHRB vs GFDM

Senior Member Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2009 09:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default GHRB vs GFDM

GHRB (Guitar Hero & Rock Band)

or

GFDM (Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania)
    ---------------------------------------
    ~GHRB~
    Pros:
    *It's made by the illustrious MTV, so it gets advertised
    *It has music a lot of Americans know
    *It's easy to pick up and hard to put down
    *You can sing
    *Higher quality sound

Cons:
    *It borrows too much from GFDM
    *It has ONLY music Americans know
    *It's too easy to pick up and really just a toy for chavs
    *The drums aren't drums, they're hand toms
    *There are no timing difficulties
    *There are no song mods
    *Messing up is just stupid (kinda have to be a musica to know why)

~GFDM~
    Pros:
    *It came first
    *It has about 6-7 times the amount of music Rock Band currently has available
    *It's balanced in it's selection from Screamo to Hyper J-Hardcore
    *It let's you mod your song settings (i.e. speed mods, reverse scrolling, etc...)
    *The drums actually are drums (Snare, two Toms, Bass, Crash/Ride, Hi-hat)
    *There is bass, lead, AND open pick, which features strumming without fretting (if you fret during an open fret, you get it wrong)
    *Missing a note produces a realistically off SFX
    *VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD TO PUT DOWN once you have mastered gamepaly
    *The song "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert doesn't hold a candle to "Captivate~SABAKI" (which is an extremely old song for GFDM mind you) on medium

Cons:
    *Extremely difficult learning curve (The difference between level 25 and 30 is substantial, out of 99)
    *Poor advertising, not readily market-available
    *Unappealing appearance

GHRB is for chavs
    GFDM is for 13375

What to do, what to do. My vote is for GFDM. Naturally I expect that some of you don't even know what GFDM is, which also proves my point, to a degree.
    Accepting simfile requests. E-mail me at [email protected].
    Generation: 15
    Whenever you see this signature, copy it into your own and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Rubedo, the Crystal Blood View Post
    Cons:
    *It borrows too much from GFDM
    Not quiet. The vocal part wasn't...
    *It has ONLY music Americans know
    Did you also count some of the international songs/bands in GH3, GHWT, and RB2?
    *It's too easy to pick up and really just a toy for chavs
    Unless you're looking for a bundle pack.
    *The drums aren't drums, they're hand toms
    The drums actually feel real on GHWT
    *There are no timing difficulties
    RB has difficulties. You need to play enough to feel them.
    *Messing up is just stupid (kinda have to be a musica to know why)
    That's pretty much the idea. This is how good players come up.

*It has about 6-7 times the amount of music Rock Band currently has available
    Really? I never saw either game's setlist and Harmanox has a much better deal than this. New songs every Tuesday. No DLC or setlist can beat that.
    *The drums actually are drums (Snare, two Toms, Bass, Crash/Ride, Hi-hat)
    There is bass, lead, AND open pick, which features strumming without fretting (if you fret during an open fret, you get it wrong)
    That's why GH & RB (easy to get used to) overpower GF & DA(never gonna get used to in a million years). Overall diffriculty.
    *Missing a note produces a realistically off SFX
    GHRB & GFDA do pretty much the same thing.
    *VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD TO PUT DOWN once you have mastered gamepaly
    Like I said, ain't gonna happen in a million years.
    *The song "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert doesn't hold a candle to "Captivate~SABAKI" (which is an extremely old song for GFDM mind you) on medium
    Really?

*Extremely difficult learning curve (The difference between level 25 and 30 is substantial, out of 99)
    Exactly.
    *Poor advertising, not readily market-available
    Imports don't do so well unless noted otherwise. Games created here do better, like Halo.
    *Unappealing appearance
    Games look much better made here in the US.

I choose GH and RB. And nothing will make me switch.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 01-22-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood is infamous around these parts Rubedo, the Crystal Blood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Like I said, it's all preference. Mmm, I still disagree on the drum issue.

But because GFDM has been out for 5 releases, whereas RB only has two (albeit with quite a nice selection of new music regularly), it still has waaay more music. I think 6-7 is a stretch, but GFDM without doubt has more music.

You know, GH is coming out for arcade.
    Whenever you see this signature, copy it into your own and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Calling out Rock Band and Guitar Hero on their music selection is somewhat dumb. You're claiming that Guitar Freaks is better because it has Japanese music is stupid. Rock Band and Guitar Hero are made for American audiences, audiences that, I'm sure this will shock you and launch you into a rant on people being culturally illiterate about other cultures, but most people aren't huge fans of foriegn music and they don't really want to play foreign music when the point of Rock Band and Guitar Hero is to feel like you're rocking out to your favorite songs.

And calling Rock Band and Guitar Hero on not being realistic is also dumb. They're not meant to be realistic. They're meant to be fun. I've played trumpet in high school band and I tried to learn how to play guitar: Making music on real instruments is a serious investment, and in the case of learning guitar, involves breaking the bones in your hand and re-setting them in such a way you can make all the fingering. Most people don't want to do that, they want to feel like they're, you guessed it, rocking out to their favorite songs.

Anyway, let me put it like this:
    I'll play Rock Band and Guitar Hero when I want to share in a musical experience with friends. When I want to actually play a song? I'll skip Guitar Freaks/Drum Mania and just dust off the trumpet.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hold on... Ranting on 2 American Music games just because it doesn't have Japanese music? What are you...5? o.o

Also, I believe you can stream your own music if you have it in your 360/ps3 Hardrives...(sp?)
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 01-25-2009 at 09:56 AM.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

GHWT/RB2 have foreign songs too, They look much better, and the setlist is a much better one than the ones from GF/DM. And besides that Konami sucks at making music games besides DDR. The name isn't appealing, they both look extremely close to Beatmania, and the drum setup in DM looks pretty sloppy compared to the way RB/GH has them. The names dont sounds anywhere near as attractive as GH/RB. Also, I dont see very many songs in common with GH/RB's setlist:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rumMania_songs
    I will admit that GH/Rb have their flaws too, but they don't show as much as GF/DM. Another thing, if you put Japanese music on an American game with Vocals do you really think it'll be that easy, let alone fun? The Spanish songs they have in GHWT are hard enough for people who can't speak it. And RockBand Japan is currently in production, so look around before you try to rant about games. A curious question though: Have you played GH, GF, DM, And RB?

Member XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 04:09 AM
    Threads

GHRB (Guitar Hero & Rock Band) are better hands down all you have to do is look at sales and Reviews also i don't know how many people know about GFDM (Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania) i think they are a lot more underground .

Junior Member Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix has much to be proud of Harlan Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2009 10:11 PM
    Threads

Playing actual instruments.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Mario Bros View Post
    GHWT/RB2 have foreign songs too, They look much better, and the setlist is a much better one than the ones from GF/DM. And besides that Konami sucks at making music games besides DDR. The name isn't appealing, they both look extremely close to Beatmania, and the drum setup in DM looks pretty sloppy compared to the way RB/GH has them.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Super Mario Bros View Post
    Another thing, if you put Japanese music on an American game with Vocals do you really think it'll be that easy, let alone fun? The Spanish songs they have in GHWT are hard enough for people who can't speak it.
    I agree with that too. You pretty much have to hum it which defeats the purpose of singing it.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Member XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi is a glorious beacon of light XtremeKakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 04:09 AM
    Threads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Phoenix View Post
    Playing actual instruments.
    i do but it does not mean you can't have fun on GH,RB,GF,DM i mean people can drive but still play Driving games people play Sports Games but play the Sports in real life people play Skate when ... well you can see my point just because you can play a real Instrument does not mine these games would be any less fun.

Forza 2 or Burnout Paradise

Driving a real car

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nah, I'm still a Gran Tourismo junkie.

I never said to put Japanese only music on GHRB. I'm just saying that there are some nice spanish melodies, or synthesized tracks with guitar/drums/vocals that we can put on it that we aren't. So maybe the obscure doesn't sell well! Well if you put it on GHRB it won't be so obscure anymore now will it?

Guitar Hero could do with some non-vocal latin music. Rock Band really needs some easier stuff other than Punk and other stuff.

I'm being biased, but I'm not entirely wrong in my point. I mean, I would like to see GF with 5 frets instead of just 3.

I'm not asking for Japanese Chart toppers. I'm asking for variety. I don't want to hear "Eye of the Tiger", "Painkiller", and "White Wedding" over and over in various patterns.

And, forgive me for even thinking of it, but hell I'd play country on Rock Band if they had it. It's much easier to sing that screamo, anyway.

Again, I'm being biased, but my point isn't entirely wrong. You can't refute it 100%.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Guitar Hero could do with some non-vocal latin music. Rock Band really needs some easier stuff other than Punk and other stuff.
    It's not just punk and other stuff. There's metal, nu metal, emo, alternative, a variety of them. Haminox went as far as putting country in RB.

I'm not asking for Japanese Chart toppers. I'm asking for variety. I don't want to hear "Eye of the Tiger", "Painkiller", and "White Wedding" over and over in various patterns.
    That's what DLC is for. Download them!!!!

And, forgive me for even thinking of it, but hell I'd play country on Rock Band if they had it. It's much easier to sing that screamo, anyway..
    There is country. You can buy the pack if you wanted to. And "This Calling" isn't that hard, it's all just 'talkies'.

Closed Thread

Thread Information