AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: no, no, no, JUST NO!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default no, no, no, JUST NO!

According to http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ly-kissed.html
    there is a scene in the final episode of The Legend of Korra, where Korra and Asami go into some interdimentional portal while holding hands. Now I've never watched the final episode of the final season, but I assume that the people writing the article did, so they know what's in it. Now just holding hands could be interpreted in a romantic way, or non-romantic way, but the above article made it all too clear what way it SHOULD be interpreted. The writers of the article said they talked to the shows creator, and he said that the characters Korra and Asami were intended to be bisexual. I mean WHAT THE ACTUAL CRAP!!!!!!!

Hey show director, this was a KIDS SHOW you were making for goodness sake. Little kids aren't supposed to be introduced to ideas like bisexuality or homosexuality, or for that matter ANY form of sexuality. They are supposed to just be allowed to be kids! Why do you think you needed to make a show for little kids when this kind of topic is only appropriate for teenagers, at the youngest!
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default Re: no, no, no, JUST NO!

....who the hell cares? I think its great to expose kids to the idea of sexuality and acceptance of that at a young age so they arent confused as to what they see in the real world. Besides, the creators made it vague enough that parents could just deny it and say "Theyre just very close friends, theyre holding hands to make sure they dont get lost, its the buddy system!"

They didnt have sex on screen, so calm yourself

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    ....who the hell cares? I think its great to expose kids to the idea of sexuality and acceptance of that at a young age so they arent confused as to what they see in the real world. Besides, the creators made it vague enough that parents could just deny it and say "Theyre just very close friends, theyre holding hands to make sure they dont get lost, its the buddy system!"

They didnt have sex on screen, so calm yourself

Before you are exposed to this kind of thing, you should be at least 13yo. This is a "little kids cartoon". It's meant for like 8yo and 9yo kids. Having this in the Korra cartoon is going to make a LOT OF PEOPLE VERY UPSET.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

You know what, I'm almost willing to let @Clayton_n argue why this isn't a bad thing for me.

Still it's holding hands, and from what I've seen it's barely enough action between the two for someone to tell whether or not that they are just friends or something more. Hate to say it to all the shippers and crazy folks wishing for this, but still there's still a lot of openness in the writing, so the writers can turn around and say they did a fan service or tell the fans that they're retarded afterwards.

Also this is more of a teenager's show than a "kids" show, so having a little relationship fun isn't that bad or unnecessary. As Maru said, it helps even out the confusion in the real world (in which there's more than plenty to work out).

In other words, get off your high horse and get over it. 'Cause I'm not gonna listen to how a story and/or possible love connection should be written and animated from someone that's known for posting inappropriate pictures on a forum with a large young age group for members.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Before you are exposed to this kind of thing, you should be at least 13yo. This is a "little kids cartoon". It's meant for like 8yo and 9yo kids. Having this in the Korra cartoon is going to make a LOT OF PEOPLE VERY UPSET.
    Actually,its rated T for teen. You think all that violence is ok for kids but two girls holding hands isnt?

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

AT LEAST 13YR OLD? FFS this is life! People live with 'that kind of thing' So I would keep your mouth shut. There's no age minimum to be exposed to "that kind of thing" So.... Take your ignorant prejudice comments somewhere else. The world, Anime, and even AF is a very accepting community so I will not tolerate you belitting others and their lifestyles by saying kids who aren't 13 can't see them.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

7. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Junior Member AlexHM is an unknown quantity at this point AlexHM's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 01:35 AM
    Threads

It's the 21st century. Move on. If you know what kids are doing these days at 8 and 9 yo you would be flippin' right now. Focus on what really matters man. Covering their eyes isn't going to make anything disappears.

#korrasami

Last edited by AlexHM; 12-27-2014 at 01:26 AM.

9. Dislikes Shotcookie13512 disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

And I have a right to my own opinion, and a right to express my opinion. It's called freedom of speech. It doesn't mean you have to like my opinion. But you don't have a right to try to censor my opinion by overreacting to what I say and answering back with extremely hostile replies.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Still it's holding hands, and from what I've seen it's barely enough action between the two for someone to tell whether or not that they are just friends or something more. Hate to say it to all the shippers and crazy folks wishing for this, but still there's still a lot of openness in the writing, so the writers can turn around and say they did a fan service or tell the fans that they're retarded afterwards.
    And the producer said that they are supposed to be bisexual. That makes that an official part of the plot. That makes their "shipping" be canon "fact" of the story. So it's no longer open to interpretation.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

And I have a right to my own opinion, and a right to express my opinion. It's called freedom of speech. It doesn't mean you have to like my opinion. But you don't have a right to try to censor my opinion by overreacting to what I say and answering back with extremely hostile replies.

Freedom of speech only grants you free of repercussion from the United States Government for saying whatever you desire towards the government etc. Freedom of speech also doesn't extend to private companies such as AF, Walmart, Taco Bell, Crunchyroll and others. Therefor we can sensor how we see fit and you can indeed face repercussion for your opinions if we so wish because we do not have to protect or abide by your freedom of speech (not saying we will because I'm no word for AF) but I am saying your freedom of speech.. speech.. means nothing here or anywhere that isn't government or public property basically. Sorry bro.

I still will not tolerate your hate towards a specific group of people and stating that anyone who is under 13 cannot be exposed to them. That is 100% wrong. What about the children who get adopted to gay parents? Are they not allowed to see their parents until they are 13? If you are gay do you need to lock yourself in a closet and not go out incase you run into someone in public who is under 13? No? Exactly

And besides Nick stopped airing Korra a long time ago. You could only view it via online streams. What 8yr kid cares about korra enough to actively go online to try and watch it anyways?
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 12-26-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typos and things

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

I agree with the others it is not a bad thing. Now if 8yr old kids were out watching Boku No Pico LMAO Terrible thing to watch by the way. Now that Gay's are allowed to marry in almost all of the United States who cares. If the show was aimed towards kids in the first place why are you watching it. Bubble Guppies, Blues Clues those are aimed towards children. I think your rant is irrelevant and lack of thought to be honest. It is a common thing nowadays so just stuff your head into your pillow and scream for a bit and I promise it will feel better.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

And the producer said that they are supposed to be bisexual. That makes that an official part of the plot. That makes their "shipping" be canon "fact" of the story. So it's no longer open to interpretation.
    The creator posted about it being canon on his blog. Not on tv, not on Nick.com, on his blog. So if a parent has an issue with it, again, they can claim they are just close friends. The creators also pitched the idea of Korra and Asami being a couple to Nick, as it was never meant to be endgame, it just sort of happened as they wrote the series. Nick agreed, but gave them limitations. NICK AGREED. Let me repeat that again- NICKELODEON GAVE THEM PERMISSION.

Get over it.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

14. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Im sorry for the decimation of all your fanfics.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    The creator posted about it being canon on his blog. Not on tv, not on Nick.com, on his blog. So if a parent has an issue with it, again, they can claim they are just close friends. The creators also pitched the idea of Korra and Asami being a couple to Nick, as it was never meant to be endgame, it just sort of happened as they wrote the series. Nick agreed, but gave them limitations. NICK AGREED. Let me repeat that again- NICKELODEON GAVE THEM PERMISSION.

Get over it.
    Are you saying that just because the show's creator posted it on a blog, and not on TV, that it isn't official/canon? BS! Of course this makes it canon!

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Are you saying that just because the show's creator posted it on a blog, and not on TV, that it isn't official/canon? BS! Of course this makes it canon!
    The brain damage is strong with this one.

Im *aware* its canon. Do you think parents or small children are going to go on his blog to look for it being canon? No, they arent.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Again VG, you've been banned for posting porn in a forum on the same age group as LoK's viewers. I don't think you're qualified to tell others what is appropriate for others, especially when age is a factor.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

19. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

According to http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ly-kissed.html
    there is a scene in the final episode of The Legend of Korra, where Korra and Asami go into some interdimentional portal while holding hands. Now I've never watched the final episode of the final season, but I assume that the people writing the article did, so they know what's in it. Now just holding hands could be interpreted in a romantic way, or non-romantic way, but the above article made it all too clear what way it SHOULD be interpreted. The writers of the article said they talked to the shows creator, and he said that the characters Korra and Asami were intended to be bisexual. I mean WHAT THE ACTUAL CRAP!!!!!!!

Hey show director, this was a KIDS SHOW you were making for goodness sake. Little kids aren't supposed to be introduced to ideas like bisexuality or homosexuality, or for that matter ANY form of sexuality. They are supposed to just be allowed to be kids! Why do you think you needed to make a show for little kids when this kind of topic is only appropriate for teenagers, at the youngest!

Here's the link to what the creator said. http://mikedimartinostory.com/2014/1...ami-confirmed/

KORRASAMI CONFIRMED
    Now that Korra and Asami’s final moment is out in the world, it seems like an appropriate time to express how I feel about it. I didn’t want to say anything right away so the audience could experience the finale for themselves.

The main themes of the Avatar universe have always revolved around equality, justice, acceptance, tolerance, and balancing differing worldviews. In subtle and maybe not so subtle ways, Avatar and Legend of Korra have dealt with difficult subjects such as genocide, child abuse, deaths of loved ones, and post traumatic stress. I took it as a complement when Joanna Robinson of Vanity Fair called the show subversive. There were times even I was surprised we were able to delve into the really tough stuff on a children’s TV network. While the episodes were never designed to “make a statement”, Bryan and I always strove to treat the more difficult subject matter with the respect and gravity it deserved.

And over the years we’ve heard from numerous fans, in person and online, how Avatar and Korra have influenced their lives for the better or helped them overcome a life struggle or setback. I am always humbled when people share their personal stories with us and I am grateful that my love for telling stories has been able to help people in some small way. So while Avatar and Korra were always meant to be entertaining and engaging tales, this universe and its characters also speak to the deeper humanity in all of us, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, culture, nationality, or sexual orientation.

Our intention with the last scene was to make it as clear as possible that yes, Korra and Asami have romantic feelings for each other. The moment where they enter the spirit portal symbolizes their evolution from being friends to being a couple. Many news outlets, bloggers, and fans picked up on this and didn’t find it ambiguous. For the most part, it seems like the point of the scene was understood and additional commentary wasn’t really needed from Bryan or me. But in case people were still questioning what happened in the last scene, I wanted to make a clear verbal statement to complement the show’s visual one. I get that not everyone will be happy with the way that the show ended. Rarely does a series finale of any show satisfy that show’s fans, so I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the positive articles and posts I’ve seen about Korra’s finale.

I’ve already read some heartwarming and incredible posts about how this moment means so much for the LGBT community. Once again, the incredible outpouring of support for the show humbles me. As Tenzin says, “Life is one big bumpy ride.” And if, by Korra and Asami being a couple, we are able to help smooth out that ride even a tiny bit for some people, I’m proud to do my part, however small it might be. Thanks for reading.

Now if you're wondering how the fans reacted,men and women of all ages, races, etc. Even little girls. They don't seem too upset about it. In fact one of those girls is thanking Jesus for the whole thing.

And it's not like American animation has never done this before. This is just the first day-time cartoon to do it. The Simpsons and Other Fox Shows, Drawn Together, The movie "Strange Frame". Most comic book universes have at least a few gay superheroes these days. Disney has a LIVE ACTION kids show with a lesbian couple in it and has been pushing things with Brave, Frozen, and Maleficent... not to mention Kim Possible... for a while now. My little Pony, which has a 9-1 girl to guy ratio anyway did something similar in Rainbow Rocks involving the background characters Lyra and Bonbon

In Japan they have no problem with this and frankly neither do most of us here.

Anyway would anyone be complaining if it had been Aang and Katara, same dialogue? Same result? Would they say it was ambiguous? No. And the Last Airbender series ended with 2 13 year old kids making out.

At least Korra and Asami are adults. So why are you complaining? Is it even a lesbian thing since Korra used to be a guy? In Ranma nobody said that.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-27-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's not unusual for 2 13yos to be romantically attracted to each other, if they are of opposite genders.

There's NOTHING about homosexuality in Kimpossible, Frozen, or Maleficent. You are grasping at straws to support your homosexual agenda.

Also, don't cite what Japan allows on its TV shows regarding morality issues. Their major religion is Budhism, which has basically no restrictions on sexuality. The major religion in the US is Christianity, which DOES have restrictions on sexuality (sexual sins directly mentioned in the Bible include fornication, adultery, and homosexuality). That's not a fair comparison to compare what the US allows on TV versus what Japan allows on TV, because the largest religion in Japan is completely different than the largest religion in the US. The US in general (except for the extreme liberals) is AGAINST homosexuality. The only reason that it appears that most of the country is pro-homosexual is because people with very liberal pro-homosexual views are the people in high places in the news organizations, so TV news stories tend to take a pro-homosexual and pro-gay-marriage viewpoint. The TV news has VERY STRONG liberal bias. It does NOT represent what the majority of average Americans believe.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 12-27-2014 at 07:29 PM.

22. Dislikes blueangel06661 disliked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

The only reason that it appears that most of the country is pro-homosexual is because people with very liberal pro-homosexual views are the people in high places in the news organizations, so TV news stories tend to take a pro-homosexual and pro-gay-marriage viewpoint. The TV news has VERY STRONG liberal bias. It does NOT represent what the majority of average Americans believe.
    A majority of americans would believe you are homophobic as well as very very stupid. Please confine your stupidity to your own room and do not bring them on the internet. A diary or something will suffice.

So I will summon the great powers with a note that this topic is probably going to go nowhere and downhill fast if this keeps up so it should see it's demise pretty quickly like everything else.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    A majority of americans would believe you are homophobic as well as very very stupid. Please confine your stupidity to your own room and do not bring them on the internet. A diary or something will suffice.

So I will summon the great powers with a note that this topic is probably going to go nowhere and downhill fast if this keeps up so it should see it's demise pretty quickly like everything else.

It is YOU who is biggoted, as you have proven by spouting blatantly anti-Christian ideas.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

It is YOU who is biggoted, as you have proven by spouting blatantly anti-Christian ideas.
    I'm American and I'm not Christian or Religious at all for that matter. I'm pro homosexuality and thats O.K. Also; I know a lot of Christians who aren't hateful and are accepting of homosexuals now... so.... The world is changing around you. You can either keep up or be left behind wondering why no one likes you.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 12-28-2014 at 07:05 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's not unusual for 2 13yos to be romantically attracted to each other, if they are of opposite genders.

There's NOTHING about homosexuality in Kimpossible, Frozen, or Maleficent. You are grasping at straws to support your homosexual agenda.

Also, don't cite what Japan allows on its TV shows regarding morality issues. Their major religion is Budhism, which has basically no restrictions on sexuality. The major religion in the US is Christianity, which DOES have restrictions on sexuality (sexual sins directly mentioned in the Bible include fornication, adultery, and homosexuality). That's not a fair comparison to compare what the US allows on TV versus what Japan allows on TV, because the largest religion in Japan is completely different than the largest religion in the US. The US in general (except for the extreme liberals) is AGAINST homosexuality. The only reason that it appears that most of the country is pro-homosexual is because people with very liberal pro-homosexual views are the people in high places in the news organizations, so TV news stories tend to take a pro-homosexual and pro-gay-marriage viewpoint. The TV news has VERY STRONG liberal bias. It does NOT represent what the majority of average Americans believe.
    I note you ignored the examples with openly lesbian characters. As for the others, 2 weeks ago you would have claimed that Legend of Korra had no lesbian elements either. You do know how many times they have to redraw every cell to make these things, right?

While I support gay rights and like lesbians, I am not gay and have no agenda.

Actually while many of Christianity's followers are against gay people, God and Jesus never brought it up. In fact there is some evidence that Jesus had at least one lesbian ancestor.
    And Japan is largely Christian.
    Might I also point out that you seem to be implying that god does not like gay people and yet they exist in defiance of this. That is blasphemy on your part you heretic!

As for the whole "think of the children" BS nobody complained when 10 year old Timmy Turner or Danny Phantom actually kissed girls on screen or when Asami and Korra kissed Mako or when Aang kissed Katara. Or when Eska a teenage girl, who it was later implied shares a bed with her brother, tried to force Bolin to marry her. So why is this, two consenting adult women in a relationship based on mutual love and respect who tried dating a guy they liked and found the relationship wanting, any different?

Do you honestly feel that a couple minutes of seeing a lesbian couple on TV can turn kids gay? Heck of a job instilling your values.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-28-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I'm American and I'm not Christian or Religious at all for that matter. I'm pro homosexuality and thats O.K. Also; I know a lot of Christians who aren't hateful and are accepting of homosexuals now... so.... The world is changing around you. You can either keep up or be left behind wondering why no one likes you.
    It is not a Christian viewpoint to be accepting of homosexuality. Any Christian who claims to be accepting of homosexuality, has clearly not read the verses in the Bible that describe homosexuality as being a sin. Christians are not supposed to "hate on" people, but they also aren't supposed to treat a sin as if it's ok. Because sin is NOT ok. That is why I can't accept a TV show as ok, if it condones a lifestyle that I as a Christian realize that the Bible condemns as sinful. And I CERTAINLY can't accept such a show as ok, if it is aimed at CHILDREN. Children are the ones we must protect the most from sin.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 12-28-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why do you even watch anime?

You know at the end of last airbender they implied Tai Lee had a thing with the Kiyoshi warriors in prison

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Why do you even watch anime?

You know at the end of last airbender they implied Tai Lee had a thing with the Kiyoshi warriors in prison

I don't remember the scene you speak of, but in no other cartoon for kids has there ever been a director who's come out (or anything else to make it official/canon) and said that they intended their characters to be homo or bi. The Legend of Korra is the FIRST such American childrens' cartoon to have such content that has been confirmed by anyone associated with its production.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I don't remember the scene you speak of, but in no other cartoon for kids has there ever been a director who's come out (or anything else to make it official/canon) and said that they intended their characters to be homo or bi. The Legend of Korra is the FIRST such American childrens' cartoon to have such content that has been confirmed by anyone associated with its production.
    Lmao, Korra is the first. Right. Oh hey, look at this, a list of LGBT characters in shows, a lot of American childrens shows too!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...GBT_characters

One of the oldest? The Simpsons. Hell, Marge's sister came out as gay and no one cared.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||