AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Online relationships - Do they work? Are they real?

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

Default Re: Online relationships - Do they work? Are they real?

Online dating is more common than it seem, I know many couples who met through the internet so I'd say it's normal.

Yet a purely online relationship without meeting up won't work in my opinion, there's always the need for a bit intimacy for a relationship to work.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

They do if you don't go into them thinking that they are anything like real time relationships and you're going to be monogamous and what not, but if you really treat them more like something to pass the time? Then, yes. They are great time passers, and you can develop real feelings for people and eventually this can evolve into something more.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I remember talking to this girl like "ey baby, I got me a metapod, and it knows only one move"

She stopped talking to me. So no, online relationships don't really work. It may for some though.

Junior Member henryford is on a distinguished road henryford's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2015 12:21 PM
    Threads

Online dating has a bad stigma, heck, almost everything in the internet kinda leans on the not-so-good side. However, it is a way to really meet people of all kinds. Also, in online dating there are two types of people, one who is not afraid to truly express himself, and one that overcompensates. That's one thing I dislike about online dating, you never know what you're gonna get unless you're very careful.
    Check out my blog dedicated to anime pls ~

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here's some pictures from my online dating relationships. Are they real? No. Do they work? For me they do. My current girlfriend is the topmost one, and they are arranged in this post chronologically with the most recent on top and the oldest on the bottom.

Last edited by Animedude5555; 05-06-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

I'm not going to read all the other paragraphs people posted but I wil say this:

I believe they can work under the right circumstances. If two people love each other than that's that. some people prefer the online world to the real one. Probably because you can be whoever you want online and not feel embarrased about the way you act in real life. Just a thought. Like I've said in the past, I prefer the online world. The real world doesn't interest me and if I had a chance to live in the online world I would.

That being said, online dating is becoming very common these days. Some could even say its turning into the norm. I know pleanty of people who are dating online or have dated online and it's working out or did work out as in they met up and are still together. In my personal experience (Yes I dated a girl online for a few months, though we dated like 3 different times lmao) it really has its ups and downs. Yes you have that feeling someone loves you and all that but then you also have the feeling that you can't physically be together or touch/hold each other until you meet up (if you even do meet up).

As for the subject of murder or rape; That won't happen if it's somone you actually know and trust. Like in my case, I knew the girl for about 4-5 years. Yes people can put up fake fronts but you just have to be cautious.

Well now that I have said all that. I probably would not date online again unless it was with someone I knew I could actually meetup with and be with... and for me right now there's only one girl that comes to mind, but alas... She's in Australia.

Like dis if you cri evry tiem

No but seriously, I recommend just making sure you know it's the right person before you do anything serious!
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

The way I see it, online relationships are just the same as physical, in-person relationships:

Chances of lies being told
    Over emotional arguments leading to misunderstandings
    Moments of sexual tension
    Opinions and rumors from others influencing one or both
    Gifts exchanged and/or returned

... of course I'm referring to actual online relationships and not the fake profile abductions kind.

Do they work? I believe they do. I heard of two on AF that are married now after meaning here.

8. Likes meowrishu liked this post
    Junior Member meowrishu is on a distinguished road meowrishu's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Hot Dog With Ketchup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2015 12:13 PM
    Threads

It really depends on what you mean by "online" relationship, I for example met my ex boyfriend 5 years ago on imvu when I was 12, we got good friends and eventually after a good year we dated and it lasted 4 wonderful years. We of course, have met - but due to the distance our relationship relied on the internet - skype, kik, snapchat and such.

For me, it depends on who you meet and if you both are willing to make it work out - of course there is chances of someone just playing with you, or lying to you but that also happens in real, doesn't it?

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    I remember talking to this girl like "ey baby, I got me a metapod, and it knows only one move"

She stopped talking to me. So no, online relationships don't really work. It may for some though.
    That sounds like something that would be on Creepy Text Theater (hilarious pick up lines are hilarious). Anyway, lulsy Pokemon lines are always a +1 for me. Even if it is the oldest one in the book. :maybe

As for my experiences, well, I don't really have any. ┐(´∇`)┌ I can understand how they can be harder to maintain than "IRL" relationships, but so long as the two are close enough to where they can eventually meet and get to know each other on a more physical level (not necessarily on THAT kind of level), I don't see why it couldn't work out in the long run. Of course, like many people have probably already mentioned, you still need to be smart about who you meet. Don't fall for a meet-up after a month of talking, and don't meet at their house. Or at night. Bad things are far more likely to happen if you don't think about what you're doing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information