AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are "bad" guys really more appealing to girls than "good" guys?

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Are "bad" guys really more appealing to girls than "good" guys?

The guy that would put off a date to raid with his guild?
    Sounds like a good alternative to me.

2. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Personally, I don't care either way. Some men who are perceived as "bad" may actually not be bad, but putting on an act because they are insecure. Some girls may like the challenge, I could not be arsed.
    I try to not judge people by reputation, but on personality alone. If they are horrid to me, I don't talk to them, as I can't deal with the stress!
    I agree with what other people have said regarding the fact that every girl is different in their preferences. Some are foolish and find disorder appealing, so they tend to be attracted to bad guys.
    I just want a guy who has similar interests and I can actually hold a conversation with...so I tend to be attracted to what others call "boring" guys! Maybe I'm just a "boring" girl.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

4. Likes AshureeChan liked this post
    Senior Member Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Trollface Jigsaw Ribbon Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 11:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, my idea of a "bad" guy differs from what others may think of it being.
    My family is conservative and would rather that I like someone who looks like a member of a boy band than someone with tattoos, piercings, etc.
    And since I do the exact opposite of what they want, I'm usually attracted to those types.
    But as far as attitude, I wouldn't stand for someone who treated me wrongly.

6. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by Zeref View Post
    With "bad guys" maybe she feels like he can change? Maybe she loves the potential, and wants to help him? Everyone has different tastes.
    Here's a question: What gives her the cojones to believe she is entitled to change him? What kind of reaction could I- rightfully- expect were I to approach a girl I didn't wholly approve of, engage her in some social context, date her, and then finally- after weeks, months or even years of apparent approval and even flattery of her personality and conduct- try to change her? Perhaps- and I have to warn everyone that this is a damned revolutionary idea- perhaps, just maybe, people should avoid those who they think aren't suited for them rather than engage them all the more. Maybe- just hear me out here- if you think someone is totally wrong and in need of reformation, then perhaps you should move on and look for someone better suited to you.

I have wasted far more time trying to speak reason into people and trying to get them to change to my idea of prudence than I will ever spend in anything approaching happiness. (Don't misinterpret this as some emo thing, either; I merely distinguish between happiness (exceedingly rare) and contentedness (very common) in my life.) I have wasted so much time trying to change people who make themselves into human obstacles (and still do- I'm wasting my time posting this reply, aren't I?) that I sure as Hell am not about to waste time on a relationship of my own choosing trying to sculpt a better partner when I could likely just as easily either (1) find another person far better suited to my eccentricities anyway or (2) make a different compromise of personalities instead or (3) forgo the process temporarily and postpone the quest for another indeterminate time. If it's a no-go as-is, then it's likely time better spent elsewhere. Time is scarce, after all, even if when you're in your twenties and in good health it may seems like the supply of oil circa 1900. Changing people is not impossible, but is is usually very difficult, and I do not want to become a Sisyphus to my giant-boulder girlfriend.

Women/girls are (socially) permitted to "change a man" even when superficially annoying behavior is the only issue, but I can all but guarantee that if a guy tried to "change a woman" then he would be facing a sea of condemnation for not allowing her to be herself or for being controlling, etc. Why? Can't we men go ahead and point out that a woman trying to change a man is an expression of control, the very sort of control that women incessantly (and I would say rightly) balk at when men attempt to exercise that same measure of control? I say, an even standard for all is the only just social standard. Either we can all try to socially engineer one another, or if nobody wants a controlling man then no one should want a controlling woman either. Fair enough?

This whole thread reminds me of a post by Maddox, specifically points numbers three and eleven: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=26_things (The rest are lowly asinine humor, and don't apply here anyway.)
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 12-11-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Cripes, gender inequality is annoying, and not just for women.

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

For me I don't like bad guys. Sure they may seem appealing but they're usually jerks who treat you like crap. Also I don't like guys who go out of their way to be a gentleman because sometimes it's just a front (not always). I guess you can say I'd be most interested in someone who isn't a good or a bad guy. Someone who is somewhat normal, with similar interests and a decent sense of hospitality. They don't have to have the greatest looks either as long as they aren't displeasing to look at.

Let's be honest, I do like to observe hot guys but just because they're hot doesn't mean I'd ever date them. I'm too overly cautious.

I will now shut up or I will babble on forever XD

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Bad guys are a no-no to me, it's an instant turn off. I can't understand why some girls can put up with them.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Here's a question: What gives her the cojones to believe she is entitled to change him? What kind of reaction could I- rightfully- expect were I to approach a girl I didn't wholly approve of, engage her in some social context, date her, and then finally- after weeks, months or even years of apparent approval and even flattery of her personality and conduct- try to change her? Perhaps- and I have to warn everyone that this is a damned revolutionary idea- perhaps, just maybe, people should avoid those who they think aren't suited for them rather than engage them all the more. Maybe- just hear me out here- if you think someone is totally wrong and in need of reformation, then perhaps you should move on and look for someone better suited to you.

I have wasted far more time trying to speak reason into people and trying to get them to change to my idea of prudence than I will ever spend in anything approaching happiness. (Don't misinterpret this as some emo thing, either; I merely distinguish between happiness (exceedingly rare) and contentedness (very common) in my life.) I have wasted so much time trying to change people who make themselves into human obstacles (and still do- I'm wasting my time posting this reply, aren't I?) that I sure as Hell am not about to waste time on a relationship of my own choosing trying to sculpt a better partner when I could likely just as easily either (1) find another person far better suited to my eccentricities anyway or (2) make a different compromise of personalities instead or (3) forgo the process temporarily and postpone the quest for another indeterminate time. If it's a no-go as-is, then it's likely time better spent elsewhere. Time is scarce, after all, even if when you're in your twenties and in good health it may seems like the supply of oil circa 1900. Changing people is not impossible, but is is usually very difficult, and I do not want to become a Sisyphus to my giant-boulder girlfriend.

Women/girls are (socially) permitted to "change a man" even when superficially annoying behavior is the only issue, but I can all but guarantee that if a guy tried to "change a woman" then he would be facing a sea of condemnation for not allowing her to be herself or for being controlling, etc. Why? Can't we men go ahead and point out that a woman trying to change a man is an expression of control, the very sort of control that women incessantly (and I would say rightly) balk at when men attempt to exercise that same measure of control? I say, an even standard for all is the only just social standard. Either we can all try to socially engineer one another, or if nobody wants a controlling man then no one should want a controlling woman either. Fair enough?

This whole thread reminds me of a post by Maddox, specifically points numbers three and eleven: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=26_things (The rest are lowly asinine humor, and don't apply here anyway.)
    Yea. Generally, going into a relationship with the mentality of "i'm going to change this person" is pretty strange and kind of pointless. I mean, you should date who you like, not date who you don't really like just so you can "change" them later.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

The Fallen Dream™ shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 03:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Desert Scout PSN ID: DetraUnited Steam ID: DSRTscout

There are various misconceptions when it comes to gender+relationships. Personally, or frankly from my experience and others around me, it never is about being a "good" or "bad" guy. Sure, depending on preference that could be a bonus for most of us, but when it comes down to it, it seems that it's all about who you are and how you act at that particular moment in time, not what comes after. "First Impressions" say all. This is simply my opinion. Now, I'd elaborate, but that's an unnecessary 8-12 paragraphs.
    "An inspiration of faith and science only to be shunned...is called a Fallen Dream"

^Thank you Karuto^

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well you can consider one that does drugs..bad...or good to some...same thing with alcohol and sex

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts K-on Pick Bleach Zangetsu Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProdigySniperXx Steam ID: TadashiED

Some girls like bad guys, some girls like good guys. It depends on the girl's standards and personal preference IMO. Then again, all it takes is one good guy to sweep any girl off her feet

Senior Member Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2016 12:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maybe if it wasn't implied douchebaggery from males is affection..

Other than that, that's all I have to say.

ll Set by Duck [Daken] ll Sprites by genericnpc on Tumblr ll Formerly Dark Butterfly

Senior Member Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke has a reputation beyond repute Kusuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Dice D8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: someone1489

Quote Originally Posted by TadashiED View Post
    Some girls like bad guys, some girls like good guys. It depends on the girl's standards and personal preference IMO. Then again, all it takes is one good guy to sweep any girl off her feet
    Exactly! Though, your last statement is a little skewed. Really, any guy can sweep some girl "off her feet". I don't see why you focused on "good", since I've seen on here that the definition of "good" is... fuzzy... at best. XD

When faced with an existence so great, one becomes blind to everything and experiences only fear...

人は平等ではない。不平等は悪ではない。平等は悪だ。そう、人は差別されるためにある。だからこそ人は争い 、競い合い、そこに進歩が生まれる。 

Member Sinestro is on a distinguished road Sinestro's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Valkyrie Patch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 05:47 AM
    Threads

I would definitely choose the nice guy, although sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. My first boyfriend was a 'nice guy' until we moved in together and controlled my life for 2 years. Three attempts at getting a restraining order, and random death threats when he gets bored, and I can say it is DEFINITELY not worth going after bad guys.

Having said that, I do think there are girls that just go after bad boys for some reason. I guess they just like the drama

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowriverrun View Post
    Well, my idea of a "bad" guy differs from what others may think of it being.
    My family is conservative and would rather that I like someone who looks like a member of a boy band than someone with tattoos, piercings, etc.
    And since I do the exact opposite of what they want, I'm usually attracted to those types.
    But as far as attitude, I wouldn't stand for someone who treated me wrongly.
    My dad hates piercings and tattoos too, despite being pretty liberal!
    I wouldn't say that really makes someone a "bad" boy though; tattoos have become more common than they used to be.
    I'm the same...I can't be bothered with unkind people!
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

I think good and bad are misnomers.

A good guy is probably a shy guy or an introvert. A good guy doesn't take risks (which includes risking rejection) and probably isn't very decisive.

A bad guy is probably an extravert. My guess is that bad guys tend to take more risks, are more decisive, a little inconsiderate and a little narcissistic.

I'm not an expert by any means ... just fragments of thoughts and observations over the years.

19. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information