AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: 2013 AnimeLyrics Challenge

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • National Anison Translating Month

3 100.00%
  • 24-Hour Challenge

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [NaAniTraMo or 24HC] AnimeLyrics.com Challenge 2013 Discussion Page

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default [NaAniTraMo or 24HC] AnimeLyrics.com Challenge 2013 Discussion Page

The 3rd edition of the AnimeLyrics Challenge will be upon us, but I need your help:

Do we change format of the challenge and make it a month-long, NaNoWriMo-style event, or should we keep having the 24-hour challenge instead?

I'm sure both have their pros and cons so I'd like you to also have your say in this thread. There's a poll to tally the results, and ultimately, I will decide on the event on October 1.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 09-17-2013 at 07:54 AM.

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

Default Re: [NaAniTraMo or 24HC] AnimeLyrics.com Challenge 2013 Discussion Page

I'm leaning toward the month long. Coordinating a day that works for everyone has always been a bit difficult and it would be nice not to feel as rushed. But I'd really like to know more about what a month-long challenge would entail. Would the challenge be like a song a day, or as many as we can pump out in a month? I'm not really into Vocaloid or obscure doujin artists so in the past it's been difficult for me to even come up with 24 songs I want to do that aren't submitted to the site already. Not to mention I can be rather competitive and would like to do as much as I can... but it's a lot easier to dedicate a day to a competition then to kill my video ga- ...er, social life for a month.

But then again, no harm in just trying out a month long challenge and going back to a 24 hour challenge if everyone hates it.

3. Likes AzureDark liked this post
    紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I would imagine it to be a target number of lyrics submitted before the end of the month, exactly like NaNo where you need to write 50k words before December comes in (?).

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

4 days left to vote! To make your mind up, here's some extra details involving both events:

NaAniTraMo

Declaring November a "month of anison translation", where the goal is to reach a specific number of submissions within the month of November.
    This challenge is good for people who can't fix a specific date on working with lyrics, the long time period makes it suitable for adjusting intensity of lyric work being attempted.
    This challenge is bad for people who are also attempting NaNoWriMo, the kind of slacker who writes a two-week report on the day it needs to be handed in (i.e. me), people who do not have a long list of songs to be translated and prefer doing them on release date, and lastly people who don't have a wide-ranging music taste...

AL24HC
    AnimeLyrics.com 24-Hour Challenge, which has origins in the old AL thanks to @dr_ishmael , is the challenge to submit 24 translations in the space of one day.
    The challenge is good for people who like to work at bursts, and love the thrill of an impending countdown. Great when you have one full weekend were you are absolutely free and your creative soul is burning hot.
    The challenge is bad for people who needs sleep for long periods on weekends (i.e. me), or those who are invariably busy with their lives, making them unable to commit to working with lyrics on the planned challenge date.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information