AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Just Stop

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sonic Just Stop

I've wanted to talk about this for a long time. The new Sonic games suck. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, weren't bad...they don't deserve such terrible comments that they get. But old Sonic for the Genesis is where it is at. I don't see where the concept gets broken. Sonic is suppose to be fast. He isn't to be slowed down by puzzles and what not. Sonic doesn't use weapons of any sort, and he doesn't have were intimate princess moments. Sonic has turned into an RPG rather then a Sonic game. If they aren't going to make Sonic properly, then just stop Sonic. What are you guy's thoughts on the Sonic problem?

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

if you dont like the new games then play some of the old school fan made games if they ever relese a fully completed one that is Sonic XG looks worth the wait and it carrys on from the last real 2d game.

Senior Member Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 06:15 AM
    Threads

i like only sonic games for those old consoles that i cant remember name!
    sonic's for ps2 sucks!
    and i hate those sonic cartoons that goes on nowadays!
    Last edited by Shinigami_55; 05-07-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were fantastic additions to the series. And they were the last truly good/if you think this is bad then you're blind and deaf Sonic games on a console.

Sonic Unleashed had something going for it with the Daytime levels and boss fights, it really did. We were all looking so much forward to this game until we heard about/played the Nighttime levels.

It was the most emotional rollercoaster ride I've ever had while playing a Sonic game. I'd get really happy and in to it when I could play the Daytime levels... then horribly bummed and depressed for every moment is was night.

Don't blame Sonic though, blame SEGA Entertainment of America. They're the ones doing this to the blue blur.

Also, too many people are hopping on the whole "New Sonic games suck" bandwagon... without actually playing them. I still own Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 XB360/PS3) even though it was pretty bad (though more tolerable on XB360 than PS3). And I've still got my copy of Sonic Unleashed-- and you know what? I paid full price for it, the day it came out. You guys can spare the 30 bucks to go pick it up and play through it, take it back in under 7 days and get your money back.

(click to show/hide) [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler] has a reputation beyond repute [Spoiler]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 01:18 AM
    Threads

Most of them put a popular series with as much different genres as possible. There are Mario sports, puzzle, and racing games.

Junior Member Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl has a reputation beyond repute Interstellar Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2009 03:19 PM
    Threads

I agree Sonic adventure 1 & 2 were the best of the series, but ive been a big sonic fan ever since I was young and I dont want to give up on it. They should make a Sonic adventure 3, try to bring back the essence of a great Sonic game.

I also still own Sonic the Hedghog (2006) for the PS3 no doubt, and Sonic unleashed as well. Besides the Night levels, as Kishiro said, it was a pretty good game.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar Girl View Post
    I agree Sonic adventure 1 & 2 were the best of the series, but ive been a big sonic fan ever since I was young and I dont want to give up on it. They should make a Sonic adventure 3, try to bring back the essence of a great Sonic game.

I also still own Sonic the Hedghog (2006) for the PS3 no doubt, and Sonic unleashed as well. Besides the Night levels, as Kishiro said, it was a pretty good game.
    I played Sonic Unleash. I don't agree. Sometimes the camera got lost somewhere while doing your little ramp things. I still felt that it was not generally to the style of Sonic adventure for the Dreamcast. And I absolutely hated the werehog. I wanted to go over and drown myself ever time.

I've played all of the next gen Sonic games hoping hoping they would get better. They get worse every time.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I actually disagree because I happen to like all the Sonic games made, even the newer ones. I must say the older ones are better, but you know a sonic game is a sonic game and each game is cool in its own way.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 03:55 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    I've wanted to talk about this for a long time. The new Sonic games suck. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, weren't bad...they don't deserve such terrible comments that they get. But old Sonic for the Genesis is where it is at. I don't see where the concept gets broken. Sonic is suppose to be fast. He isn't to be slowed down by puzzles and what not. Sonic doesn't use weapons of any sort, and he doesn't have were intimate princess moments. Sonic has turned into an RPG rather then a Sonic game. If they aren't going to make Sonic properly, then just stop Sonic. What are you guy's thoughts on the Sonic problem?

Agreed. The last Sonic game I added to the collection was Sonic Adventure 1. After that, I kind of gave up on the franchise.

But I think I'm biased, at least a little. I got both a Genesis and a Sega CD at launch, so I've been playing Sonic since Day 1. The first 6 games - 1, 2, 3, S&K, Sonic Spinball, and Sonic CD - were great plays. Despite variations in gameplay, they all stuck to the original concept that made Sonic a household name.

But I think Sonic CD is where you could sort of see where they were going to go with the franchise. Fantastic game . . . often cited as the best of the series, but the addition of that female hedgehog was the first introduction of a crap character in my eyes.

I did like Sonic Adventure 1, but really only for the fast gameplay on certain boards like Twinkle Park and that little period of running down the side of a building. The rest - minigames and those VMU creatures - they could have kept.

I think that's why Sonic Adventure 1 was it for a lot of fans. We all wanted to see next-gen Sonic . . . to see what Sega could do. Then we saw it, and just sort of shook our heads and moved on.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

did anyone play chaostix ?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO ^_^ View Post
    did anyone play chaostix ?
    I did....then again I don't like them. My favorite will always be Tails.

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

The first sonic that came out on the Dreamcast was so damn fun. It was so cool seeing a 3d world where u could walk around in a real CITY.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by alextchon View Post
    The first sonic that came out on the Dreamcast was so damn fun. It was so cool seeing a 3d world where u could walk around in a real CITY.
    So true. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were great. It's successor were downright terrible and had no more flavor of the world.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

I was a huge Sonic fan, ever since the first one. I even bought a Dreamcast only and just for Sonic Adventure.

After Sega sold out and stuff, it's been downhill ever since. I can't even start to enjoy the one on the PS3, just 2 minutes into the game and I think, is this for real lol? It's now gathering tons of dust - and I'm not gonna be touching it anytime soon either.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 05-07-2009 at 06:33 PM.

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

is they are going to make a real 3d sonic game then they need to make it sand box style (real free rome GTA like but with out the killing)

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Oh Sonic, you used to be cool.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

if anyone misses the old sonic games they can play megamix its a fusion of sonic1 and cd but with new faster paced levels, (but the odd glitch here and there)

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

if anyone misses the old sonic games they can play megamix its a fusion of sonic1 and cd but with new faster paced levels, (but the odd glitch here and there)

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    I always just hook up my genesis that still works and play it old school. But see I would love them to implement the beauty of this sonic with the newer games. They make it to RPG by going around talking to people. They slow it down with the many puzzles, etc.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

So should Sega take the example of LBP and create a community of 2D zone builders?

The big hurdle is to convince game makers that 2D platform gaming is still favored and loved by us the gamers. With the power of current consoles that you can harness, it's like everyone expects a good game to be 3D.

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDark View Post
    So should Sega take the example of LBP and create a community of 2D zone builders?

The big hurdle is to convince game makers that 2D platform gaming is still favored and loved by us the gamers. With the power of current consoles that you can harness, it's like everyone expects a good game to be 3D.
    I'm a fan of the original Sonic. I'm sure if they made that game, all the original fans would buy it.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've never been a big fan of sega, but sonic used to be awesome back in the day.

They managed to kill one of their most popular characters by laming up the storyline and the sonic character in general. Way to go.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    I've never been a big fan of sega, but sonic used to be awesome back in the day.

They managed to kill one of their most popular characters by laming up the storyline and the sonic character in general. Way to go.
    hahahahahahahaha. Agreed with this comment.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I think it's funny how sonic was almost a dog when they was making him.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think it's funny how sonic was almost a dog when they was making him.
    But hedgehog seemed much cooler.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well it is true that Sonic is not ment to be a RPG however, I have no problem with Sonic the Hedge the game of 06. I also rather enjoyed Sonic Unleashed. But ya I can see why you would think that with all the bad rep Sonic has got in recent times.
    Gero Server Guru

Closed Thread

Thread Information