AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Violent riots brake out in London

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Violent riots brake out in London

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Oh, that's because you've been cutting back on public spending. You can't brake your way up a hill.
    Yeah, but we can't really spend our way out of a national debt, either.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

The idea is to be able to summarily arrest people who are outdoors for breaking the curfew.

Oh, that's because you've been cutting back on public spending. You can't brake your way up a hill.
    Yh at least we're trying to sort out our budget defecit whilst the US has done bugger all and caused their credit rating to go down to AA. Let me tell you this bringing in social mobility is the worst thing a society can do as it gets the idea into people's minds that they belive they can do better when they actually can't. At least such as in Roman times the plebs knew their place, the slaves knew their place and everything was run and maintained by the select few and look how well that worked. An empire that lasted for hundreds of years.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Yh at least we're trying to sort out our budget defecit whilst the US has done bugger all and caused their credit rating to go down to AA. Let me tell you this bringing in social mobility is the worst thing a society can do as it gets the idea into people's minds that they belive they can do better when they actually can't. At least such as in Roman times the plebs knew their place, the slaves knew their place and everything was run and maintained by the select few and look how well that worked. An empire that lasted for hundreds of years.
    They can if you let them. That's the very idea of post-feudal society. I'm from a working class background, and I have a master's degree in theoretical physics. In Britain, I would likely never have gotten that chance, and ended up one of the hoodlums.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

4. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
    The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

They can if you let them. That's the very idea of post-feudal society. I'm from a working class background, and I have a master's degree in theoretical physics. In Britain, I would likely never have gotten that chance, and ended up one of the hoodlums.
    Actually you have the wrong idea of the UK these days more and more working class people are going to uni. Me being one of them. But to be honest social mobility on an entire nation level just isn't viable

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually you have the wrong idea of the UK these days more and more working class people are going to uni. Me being one of them. But to be honest social mobility on an entire nation level just isn't viable
    Of course it is. Britain (and the US) has unusually low social mobilities, compared to other western countries.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Of course it is. Britain (and the US) has unusually low social mobilities, compared to other western countries.
    Looks like our ideas and ideologies will never mesh together.....shame that

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

oh there are some FANTASTIC groups on FB atm about this eg:

Scotland- where the capital city isn't on fire
    The awkward moment when Scottish people are good examples for behaviour
    What's Hadrian's wall? The dividing line between Scotland and Fire

9. Likes Anoleis, Ranshiin, Eris liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Reddit suggested this as a new logo for the 2012 olympics

11. Likes Frederica Sawyer, -GAZKUL-, Ranshiin liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Reddit suggested this as a new logo for the 2012 olympics

Yo that pic is well bangin', innit?
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

13. Likes .:neuko:., Eris liked this post
    The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's something which gives Scots a chance to decide what is more important, our love of rioting or our hatred of the English. Apparently the latter option is winning.

besides it's what happens if you let the stress build up, better to have a riot whenever there's a football match and get it out of the system early instead of having a week or chaos and destruction on the excuse that the police shot a junkie.

Junior Member Raigan is on a distinguished road Raigan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads

OMG ~_~ these gyus are very bad.I think they all are very poor and beacause they hate rich people.Because rich people have shop.And they break these shops.It is my opinion.: Closedeye

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

These hooligans are using whatever excuse they can find for their actions when in actual fact its just about getting stuff they want without paying

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

The riot just started because some police officer shot someone or someone shot him or something.. You know the usual stuff that happens here... Except we don't go and burn grozit.. Otherwise we'd be droppin' bombs when the Casey Anthony trial was goin' on..
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 08-11-2011 at 08:24 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

sorry but could you turn that into a more grammatical making sentence?

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

sorry but could you turn that into a more grammatical making sentence?
    Basically, in the U.S. we have guns and are allowed to use them in self defense. No TV is worth getting shot.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Basically, in the U.S. we have guns and are allowed to use them in self defense. No TV is worth getting shot.
    Gun toting is a two edged sword, as it also arms the criminals. Europe does not have street gangs like the US does because guns are hard to get hold of in any sort of quantity, and there's only so much crime you can get done with knives and bats.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah had we legalized gun ownership like in the states the riots would have been alot more violent

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

But maybe if you did then perhaps no one would go rioting just become some guy half of them don't even know was killed. Where's the logic in that. It's not for a cause it's just looting and mass destruction and killing people.

Least we Americans don't go burning down half of New York cause some guy was killed.

Most of how I feel about the riots summed up here

Last edited by blueangel06661; 08-11-2011 at 08:31 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Banned Forum / Chat Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Portal Blueportal Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Least we Americans don't go burning down half of New York cause some guy was killed.
    This is a horrible post and you should feel horrible for having posted it.

25. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Marida View Post
    This is a horrible post and you should feel horrible for having posted it.
    Nope.. Don't care I stand by what I said...

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looks like the british PM is proposing media banning

(CNN) -- British Prime Minister David Cameron thinks he's found some culprits to blame in the recent riots that have rocked London and other cities -- Facebook and Twitter.
    Saying the "free flow of information" can sometimes be a problem, Cameron's government has summoned those two social-networking sites, as well as Research In Motion, makers of the BlackBerry, for a meeting to discuss their roles during the violent outbreaks.
    "Everyone watching these horrific actions will be struck by how they were organized via social media," Cameron said Thursday during an address to Parliament. "Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill. And when people are using social media for violence, we need to stop them."
    Cameron said that government officials are working with authorities "to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality."
    More than 1,200 people have been arrested nationwide, Cameron told lawmakers. One estimate found that UK retailers lost more than than £100 million ($161 million) in stolen goods and property damage over four nights of rioting.
    Cameron, a Conservative, seems to have support for a potential crackdown, even from members of the opposition Labor Party.
    "Free speech is central to our democracy, but so is public safety and security," said Ivan Lewis, the shadow secretary of culture in the House of Commons, according to London's Guardian newspaper. "We support the government's decision to undertake a review of whether measures are necessary to prevent the abuse of social media by those who organize and participate in criminal activities."
    full article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social....dia/index.html
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah had we legalized gun ownership like in the states the riots would have been alot more violent
    How could it be more violent? Do you think people are going to get into gunfights over a widescreen TV? When a group of looters walk into a store and see someone with a melee weapon they can easily overwhelm him without anyone getting hurt or at least keep their distance, and so looting continues. When they see a gun pointed at them, they know someone can get shot and die. No one wants to be that guy, so they run off and the looting stops.

It existence of nuclear weapons is what made the cold war a lot less violent then it could have been. The US and USSR were hesitant to deploy troupes, because doing so might end the world. Increasing the stakes of engagement decreases the likelihood of engagement.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Of course they do, but only the most organized of them. This means the police won't need to worry about guns in routine arrests.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-12-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Senior Member randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:59 PM
    Threads

Since I'm not educated enough to have opinion on this topic, I'll just post this.

31. Likes Frederica Sawyer liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information