AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: vBulletin Drop Down Menus & Web Browsers

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default vBulletin Drop Down Menus & Web Browsers

I don't know if this holds true for any other browser, but the drop down menus attached to the navigation links do not work in Google Chrome. So if anyone else uses this browser (as I now do, and love it, but it makes life on AF hard!), you may have troubles accessing certain areas or performing certain functions on the sites.

Most things can be reached via multiple routes, or clever use of links from one section to another. However, some things you simply can't do, period. For instance, you cannot access the blog drop down menu when using Google Chrome, and unfortunately, there is no other type of link or option in those pages which allow to create new entries.

Some other things are different, like with the interface for threads and creating posts... took me forever to figure out how to manage threads and such without drop down menus. x_x

Anyway, if anyone finds any more problems with using the sites with any other browser, or more with Google Chrome, please feel free to list them. I'm not currently sure if it's something that can be fixed to adapt to it on our end or if another browser is simply the answer.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiro View Post
    For instance, you cannot access the blog drop down menu when using Google Chrome, and unfortunately, there is no other type of link or option in those pages which allow to create new entries.
    Hmm? Isn't this (on the blogs page) enough? :

Some other things are different, like with the interface for threads and creating posts... took me forever to figure out how to manage threads and such without drop down menus. x_x
    What drop down menus? Am I missing something or is the interface is different for staff?

Anyway, if anyone finds any more problems with using the sites with any other browser, or more with Google Chrome, please feel free to list them. I'm not currently sure if it's something that can be fixed to adapt to it on our end or if another browser is simply the answer.
    Roger that. *goes off to play with browsers other than the big 5.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There are little arrows pointing down next to all the navigation links at the top of the pages. Like quick links or so. Please see the pictures down below. These were taken while using FireFox. This is how it's supposed to work/look.

If you click the links/arrows at the top, the menu drops down and opens, or at least it's supposed to.
    However, in Google Chrome at least (still not sure on other browsers) when you click the links atop the pages, it just reloads the main index of Anime Forum.

As far as the blog thing you pointed out goes... I do not have that box. I perhaps should add that to my setup. I completely forgot about that, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	drop menu1.jpg‎
Views:	36
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	25898   Click image for larger version

Name:	drop menu2.jpg‎
Views:	32
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	25899  

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah, yea. That happened with AOL on my old computer.
    I'm not sure why, it worked on my other computer,
    but it just so happened that it wouldn't work for this site.
    It fixed itself one day,
    but then messed up another.
    It was hard to reach the vbPlaza, but I got around it . . .

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

... If you click the links/arrows at the top, the menu drops down and opens, or at least it's supposed to.
    However, in Google Chrome at least (still not sure on other browsers) when you click the links atop the pages, it just reloads the main index of Anime Forum.
    Oh, I know that, but you mentioned something about drop down menus in the posting/thread interfaces.

And here is my research results for browsers that work properly (as far as the menus go) All done in Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (Build 7100 RC):

Working:
    - Firefox 2.xx --> 3.52 (I've used Firefox for a long time, and am pretty sure versions pre-2.xx also work. I just can't remember.)
    - Opera 9.64
    - Opera 10.00 Beta 2
    - K-Meleon 1.5.3
    - Maxthon 2.5.4.159
    - SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1
    - Flock 2.51
    - Avant 11.7

Not working:
    - Google Chrome 2.0.172.39 (and all previous versions and builds)
    - Safari 4.0.2 (for windows, not sure if this applies for the Mac versions.)

That should cover all the major browsers. I'm assuming Internet Explorer 7 and 8 work.
    Last edited by Khanxay; 08-06-2009 at 05:28 PM.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by *Tsuki* View Post
    Ah, yea. That happened with AOL on my old computer.
    I'm not sure why, it worked on my other computer,
    but it just so happened that it wouldn't work for this site.
    It fixed itself one day,
    but then messed up another.
    It was hard to reach the vbPlaza, but I got around it . . .
    If you say it fixed itself "one day", I think that "day" is when you cleared your browser cache.

This usually happens with sites that use modern stuff like AJAX ("Web 2.0 Sites"). Suddenly something gets stuck, and gets solved by clearing the cache (Called "Temporary Internet Files" by _some_ browsers).

I suggest for you Kishiro that you try this: First, clear the browser cache. Second, open AnimeForum.com, and wait until the page is completely loaded. (The loading thing should stop moving, and all images and stuff are completely loaded.) And THEN, try hitting one of those drop-down menus.

If that doesn't help you with the problem, I suggest that you report it to Google team. (I think there's a Google Group for that, right?) They'll be glad to know about it and they will release a fix for it. (Hopefully!)

Edit: Seriously, I've seen more than one issue being reported by Google Chrome users. Obviously, these are bug in the browser, not the site. The browser itself is new and it's normal for it to be incomplete. I think that Google is where those issues should be reported to.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 08-06-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't know if this holds true for any other browser, but the drop down menus attached to the navigation links do not work in Google Chrome. So if anyone else uses this browser (as I now do, and love it, but it makes life on AF hard!), you may have troubles accessing certain areas or performing certain functions on the sites.

Most things can be reached via multiple routes, or clever use of links from one section to another. However, some things you simply can't do, period. For instance, you cannot access the blog drop down menu when using Google Chrome, and unfortunately, there is no other type of link or option in those pages which allow to create new entries.

Well I think this problem is caused cause Google Crome is a very new browser that has many issues with loading java script and large amounts of html I have also seen too. I think you're right when you said VBulletin overall has issues with Crome. Cause I have tried other forums in that browser and some of the same things happened.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I switched to Opera a few days ago, it's working really well for AF and everything else I visit. I really like it! Thanks for the input and testing Khanxay, its much appreciated.

Thriller Eve Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2010 08:43 PM
    Threads

thank you so much kishiro!! i've been using chrome and wondering why i've been having so much trouble. i'll try ie

Closed Thread

Thread Information