AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PinkGalaxies: Art Of The Past, Present, And Future

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default PinkGalaxies: Art Of The Past, Present, And Future

My mom's birthday was on the 1st of September. She loves dragons, so I asked her if she'd like to request something for her room from me. She requested a large poster/painting of a dragon. This was the first time I had ever even attempted a dragon., and I ended up using horses for anatomy. It took me 1 hour to make the sketch and color it. The black will probably be a dark blue in paint. Tomorrow I will buy a canvas, paint, etc.

2. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Holy crap!! Just the sketching is amazing...color me jealous. Way better than my crap, that's for sure. Love the coloring too...very impressive!

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PinkGalaxies: Art Of The Past, Present, And Future

I bet your mom will love it! For your first attempt at a dragon, I must say you did an exceptional job. I feel like the colors should be very dramatic to emphasize not only the ferocity, but the beauty such a mythical creature might project. Like poster above, I too think you did the sketching pretty well. Also, I thought it clever of you to provide multiple pictures to show how it's come along. It was insightful. The only thing I would say is clicking all the spoilers does become tiresome. I would recommend including them as attachments or try re-sizing them. I hope to see more from you, PinkGalaxies! Awesome username btw.

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Holy crap!! Just the sketching is amazing...color me jealous. Way better than my crap, that's for sure. Love the coloring too...very impressive!
    Thanks. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    I bet your mom will love it! For your first attempt at a dragon, I must say you did an exceptional job. I feel like the colors should be very dramatic to emphasize not only the ferocity, but the beauty such a mythical creature might project. Like poster above, I too think you did the sketching pretty well. Also, I thought it clever of you to provide multiple pictures to show how it's come along. It was insightful. The only thing I would say is clicking all the spoilers does become tiresome. I would recommend including them as attachments or try re-sizing them. I hope to see more from you, PinkGalaxies! Awesome username btw.
    I had the colors of the dragon very vibrant at first, but my mom decided she wanted the night sky to be the vibrant part instead of the dragon. I had to take tissue and get some of the wax off the dragon, so now the dragon is sort of "glowing." My mom watches me paint it, and every now and then she asks for a different color to be placed.

Ah. I didn't think of using attachments. I'm used to forums that only have spoilers as an option. Thanks. I like your username too. :]

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies:2710472
    You're welcome. The horse reference is evident in the slender muscularture of the front legs. Nicely done, and it amazes me you were able to sketch such a large drawing in a hour. Can't wait to see the final product, I know I would have scared to death to color the original as I:

A) suck with coloring
    B) ....well really suck with coloring

Would you consider it nearly done?

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're welcome. The horse reference is evident in the slender muscularture of the front legs. Nicely done, and it amazes me you were able to sketch such a large drawing in a hour. Can't wait to see the final product, I know I would have scared to death to color the original as I:

A) suck with coloring
    B) ....well really suck with coloring

Would you consider it nearly done?
    Coloring is really simple once you get the hang of it.
    A color wheel can be very helpful when you need to know what colors go together. Your primary colors are red, blue, green, and yellow. When you think of Christmas, red and green come to mind. They use primary colors for holidays etc because they are eye catching.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lesson2sampleb.gif
Views:	22
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	67739

Name:	colorwheel300.gif
Views:	22
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	67740

No, it is far from done. The canvas is huge. It's basically going to take up my mom's whole wall. That's why I said it's probably going to take me a month to finish. Lol.

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've decided to give you guys a peek on my progress thus far, which is the sky. Yup. I'm only going to show the sky for now. :]

Name:	Sky.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	67882

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As a skyrim fan, I like pictures of dragons that look like they are about to attack.
    Well done.

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese the saurus Rex View Post
    As a skyrim fan, I like pictures of dragons that look like they are about to attack.
    Well done.

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just a random doodle/sketch I did a while back.

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	518.1 KB
ID:	68125

Senior Member Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Gir 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2014 10:17 AM
    That's for me to know and for you to find out :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool! Your drawing of the dragon is amazing!! The coloring on it is beautiful as well Oh and I love the sketch too. ^_^

When snow (Yuki) melts it turns into rain (Ame). When rain (Ame) falls, flowers (Hana) bloom.

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeiaHeart View Post
    Cool! Your drawing of the dragon is amazing!! The coloring on it is beautiful as well Oh and I love the sketch too. ^_^
    Thank you. :]

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies:2711985
    I've decided to give you guys a peek on my progress thus far, which is the sky. Yup. I'm only going to show the sky for now. :]

Attachment 67882
    @__@

Wow..love the contrasting of blue and black...the light of the galactic band is awesome. And I have a concept of color usage just no talent putting it to.use.

Junior Member xArchAngelsx is on a distinguished road xArchAngelsx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2012 08:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    No, it is far from done. The canvas is huge. It's basically going to take up my mom's whole wall. That's why I said it's probably going to take me a month to finish. Lol.
    the drawing is really goood, so talented and damn, a canvas picture to fill a whole wall xD thats HUGE! showwws the effort you put into it tho, really impressive, im sure your mom will love it *jelly*

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@__@

Wow..love the contrasting of blue and black...the light of the galactic band is awesome. And I have a concept of color usage just no talent putting it to.use.
    You should practice on it more, so that you will have talent with color too.

Quote Originally Posted by xArchAngelsx View Post
    the drawing is really goood, so talented and damn, a canvas picture to fill a whole wall xD thats HUGE! showwws the effort you put into it tho, really impressive, im sure your mom will love it *jelly*

Member ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Mario Bob-omb Dice D12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2012 06:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: crankincrash

Looks frelling epic :d

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShizaMaku View Post
    Looks frelling epic :d
    Thank you. :]

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Teh fook! o_o
    That dragon looks insane! The detail in the hair is amazing!
    Personally I didn't like the colouring, that's more preference than anything. I cant really say anything though, I don't colour any of my drawings because I suck so bad. xD
    Though the final product does look amazing!

The angel looks really cool too, though the legs and feet seem weird to me. :/

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Teh fook! o_o
    That dragon looks insane! The detail in the hair is amazing!
    Personally I didn't like the colouring, that's more preference than anything. I cant really say anything though, I don't colour any of my drawings because I suck so bad. xD
    Though the final product does look amazing!

The angel looks really cool too, though the legs and feet seem weird to me. :/

It was a rough draft, and just something for me to go by. Crayons don't exactly give that professional to any drawing. The actual painting is looking much different than my rough draft.

Yeah, my anatomy was a little off back in the day. Anime is never perfect though. After all, they are merely drawings.

Member Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2012 12:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looks great.^^
    Still, the pic I saw on DA was the best. *^*
    !~Forever Dark~!(Looks terrible)

"I am a shadow of my former self, searching for a source. A source of light to thrive off of it, but who will be that light? Who will ever remain by my side long enough to become it? Time will tell."

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jun_Hiroshi View Post
    Looks great.^^
    Still, the pic I saw on DA was the best. *^*

I dunno if I'll post my animated stuff on here cuz, ya know, it's mind blowing. I even surprise myself sometimes. XD

Oh, and thanks for the fave. I appreciate it. x3

Member Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post

I dunno if I'll post my animated stuff on here cuz, ya know, it's mind blowing. I even surprise myself sometimes. XD

Oh, and thanks for the fave. I appreciate it. x3
    You should!!! *^*
    It's fun to show off sometimes, and trust me... posting that will make people envy you~

No problem, I really loved the picture. The palette and feel of it, was excellent.

"I am a shadow of my former self, searching for a source. A source of light to thrive off of it, but who will be that light? Who will ever remain by my side long enough to become it? Time will tell."

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jun_Hiroshi View Post
    You should!!! *^*
    It's fun to show off sometimes, and trust me... posting that will make people envy you~

No problem, I really loved the picture. The palette and feel of it, was excellent.
    I did a tutorial on how to animate, and my cousin tried it. She said she still can't get the colors right or anything, so she's gonna hate me forever. Lol. I tried to teach her. x.x'

Thanks. It was actually one of my first dark animations besides the ones I did for Dark Matters.

Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Am I the only one seeing our wording being a little different from how it was originally? o.o
    We're pirates now?

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's pirate day. You should enjoy it.

I am captain of this here ship! No one shall have my treasure!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information