AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG: Dead Eye's Plight

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

Default RPG: Dead Eye's Plight

So begins our journey through the waters of Poseidon! The general rules of AF rps apply.

A few quick notes before we start:
    1. The Dydrogan Islands have active volcanoes except for the second to largest island which is called Lavora, which is the most popular gathering place for pirates to eat, drink, sleep, and be, well... pirates.
    2. Gods and Goddesses will be NPCs played by either me or Valk.
    3. Posts must be at least 2 paragraphs long. (More like a rule than a note, sorry)
    4. Bellamuna has several deserts.
    5. Tazo has a lot of trees, bamboo, and mountains.
    6. Erabyss has a lot of mountains but the land varies.

Ugh, I feel awful. I should have made these notes earlier and then some. TT-TT I'm so sorry I'm a horrible GM guys!

Well... poor management skills shouldn't delay an RP so leggo!

Lavora Island was swarming with its usual foul-mouthed, loud, drunk, and lively customers. There were hardly enough bars and inns to contain the lot of them but the outdoors supplied plenty of extra room. Sapphira sat upon the rooftop of the Dripping Jack, drinking her mug of rum as she swung her legs over the edge and surveyed the scene. Normally, the captain of the Red Sapphire would be too drunk to function once she stepped foot on this island. But today, her mind was preoccupied with other matters. Tabais Dead Eye: a legend. Legends, in all technicality, could be true or false. Sapphira believed this legend to be real, at least, she hoped it was. His treasure was tempting and certainly didn't escape her desire, but she wanted to meet the infamous Captain himself. A man who angered Hades so much he cursed him with immortality; there had to be more to the story. If anything, Sapphira was too curious for her own good, but that was just on of her many insatiable hungers: knowledge, along-side pleasure and wealth.

Her patience was wearing thin. She had had enough of sitting around. It's been a full day. Although she could see the Helle Sea from where she sat, she missed the water deeply. She hopped to her feet, inhaled the rest of her drink, threw the wooden mug aside, not caring where it landed, and swung herself into the nearest window of the place. Time to gather the crew.

OOC: I know it's a pitiful start but I'm in a hurry to post an OOC thread and you'll see why so just hush, post, and have fun!
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 03-19-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Lighter Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 04:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ha1fW1ingedAngel

Default Re: RPG: Dead Eye's Plight

As Saphira swung through the window, She found herself standing on a Balcony overlooking the Main Area of tHe dripping Jack. Behind Her Leaning against the wall, was Alena. She was drinking a Small glass of Ale, using a thin metal rod with a hole through the centre to drink from behind her mask. It was an invention of hers- she called it a ''Straw.'' As Alena notced the captain, She stood up a bit straighter. ''C...Captain! You scared the life out of me... '' She cocked her head to one side a little- the left, which usually meant she was smiling- and said ''Hopefully your goig to be ordering the crew out soon. I'm getting bored here, and 4 times I've had some jerk try a move on me.''

Standing up, she dropped her empty mug on the table, and slipped her Straw back into her pocket. ''Unless you'd care to Dance of course? I mean... Um, well, Dancings fun you know. Can you Dance Captain? I've onnly Danced a Couple of times, but... Well i did enjoy it. I think the Lookout wanted a dance with you as well, but im not sure. He's at the bar.'' She tried to avoid the Catains eye.

----------------------

Noir sat in another, far more respectable tavern- that is, there were only 1 or 2 fights a month, and they actually served cooked food. It was less rowdy. He loved it. Digging quite happlly into the roasted Fish he had, in a half decent manner, He looked across the table. Haley was eating hers quite happilly. Swallowing a mouthful, he said ''Told'ya you'd like the Halibut, didn't I?'' She nodded, too busy eating the delicious Fish. He smiled. She looked gorgeous as ever.

Looking around teh tavern- called ''The bridgebacked Lodge''- So named because it was the main support for a whole bridge- He took in his crew. Lots of them were sitting at the bar, ordering drinks and Flirting withthe barmaid, others around teh room. ''I love a good Tavern...'' He muttered, before returning to his meal. ''I do enjoy our little Dates.'' He siad. haley, swalowing her mouthful, said ''Yet you havent asked me out yet.'' He flushed red. ''True. Probably should get round to it, shouldn't I?'' haley couldn't tell if he was serious or not. Then someone threw someone else across teh room- Noir recognised the thown person as Wee Jack, the Ships fastest -and Shortest- cannon loader. Wee jack picked up a bottle and threw it at the man who threw him- a big, thickset man, too bus laughing at wee Jacks lengthy flight to notice- and caught him in the teeth, shattering the glass and teh teeth. The man screamed like a girl. Nearly everyone in Noirs Crew laughed, hearing the Scream, Including Haley. ''Serves you right you big brute'' She says, as Wee Jack flips hm the Bird. The Mans comrades- privateers by the looks of them- stood up, and the whole bar devolved into a chaotic fight. Haley could be seen at teh forefront, swinging punches left and Right.

Im on Team Evil! Are you?

Join Team evil Today! We're Always Hiring!

3. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

John had just finished making his daily visits to the local traders and was having a rest in his local tavern. "The usual" he requested the bartender as he walked in. "As always John" he smiled back and went about getting his drink. John sat into one of the bar-side seats.
    John slumped down on his chair. Evelyn had been gone a while now, he was getting worried. Was the fisherman's son not capable of minding both himself and her on their little trip? Regardless, they were due to be home any moment, he told himself not to worry.

His drink was ready, taking a large slug of the thick liquid, he let out a big sigh. "Ah. good as always" he proclaimed. The tavern wasn't busy today, so the bartender pulled up a seat beside him. "You look like you're taking the news okay, it's okay if you want to talk about it, I know the whole town's secret's and I haven't told a single one".

John looked at him confused. "What news?" he said worriedly. He hadn't heard anything from any of the traders. Was trade declining and it being unspoken? Was... His thought process was cut off by the barman.
    "Oh, you don't know?" he said, "well, I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but the fisherman's boy got back from his trip this morning and it figures Eve never went with him in the first place."

John was speechless. If she wasn't there.. Where had she been for the several weeks? He held his head in his hands. "Do you know where she went instead?" he asked.
    "I'm afraid not. Your best bet would be to ask the boy. He was the nearest to her after all."

all the shops were closed at this hour. He would have to wait 'til the morning. "I'll give him a visit tomorrow, for now I think I'm going to need a refill or two" he paused "...or three"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eve sat in the corner of the tavern away from the rest of the crew. Her father had probably noticed she was missing by now. Maybe she should... No. She told herself that it'd all be worth it and she'd be forgiven once they stumbled upon the treasure.

She downed the rest of her drink in an effort to wipe the thought from her mind. "Why shouldn't I do this?" she told herself "It's only right I get a bit of adventure in my life" she walked over to the rest of the crew, stumbling as she went.

"Hey guys~" she gave a drunken wave. She counted the crew. There was Noir and Hayley sitting seperate from everyone else and the usual mischievous bunch. But wait.. wasn't there another member?
    Wee Jack smashed into the table. Oh. That's the missing member. Eve smiled that she had fit in so quickly to the group and could recognise everyone.
    Turning around to see where the rest of the crew were angrily shouting, she noticed two groups starting to stand off.

Hell if she wasn't going to be in this fight, both her will to defend her comrades and her drunkenness pushed her forward until she was in the midst of the scuffle between the two.

5. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

OOC: Trufax: Jasper’s first diagnosis and the name of one of his coworkers stems from two Greek words (couldn’t resist). But the true reason for this note is to ask that those who have characters employed as pirates not be bothered by Jasper’s vitriolic comments towards pirates. And with that being said, I’ll insert my post.

There was a decent number of patients in the clinic in Greece that day, and Jasper and the other physicians were grateful. Some days the clinic would be swamped with people who had suffered injuries from over-imbibing on alcohol, the substance that Jasper abhorred so much that he called it “quasi-poison.” Today, however, was much better as most of the patients just had run-of-the-mill illnesses. Children and the elderly were always the ones that Jasper felt the most compelled to help, and the child that he was administering to at the moment was no older than seven.

“So he has trouble breathing deeply?” Jasper asked the boy’s mother.

“Yes. Usually during the middle of the day,” came the reply from the concerned mother.

“And you say that your husband breeds pigeons?” Jasper asked, still looking at the boy as he spoke to the mother.

“He does. But I’m a musician, and I think my son will be, too,” she said.

Jasper tightened his tie a bit as he said, “hypersensitivity pneumonitis.” The mother shook her head and said, “I’m sorry?” Jasper turned his attention to her and said, “That’s the umbrella term for it, anyway. To be specific, he likely has bird fancier’s lung. Don’t worry, it’s not as bad as it sounds. But…I’m guessing he likes to play with or have some kind of contact with the birds? Especially, say…during the mid-day hours?” The mother nodded quickly. “Of course,” Jasper continued. “It’s highly likely that keeping him out of contact with the birds will help his breathing in as short as two or three days. If not, come back here and ask for me.”

Jasper ruffled the boy’s brown hair and smiled at him. “You should be breathing better in no time. But, you’ll need to steer clear of the birds, okay? But don’t worry…there are some other good hobbies that you can pick up on. And it sounds like you already like to play music?” Jasper pointed to one of the physicians, a tall woman with hair as dark as night or, more accurately, the gemstone jet. “Well Nicole over there was speaking of giving away some sheet music. Perhaps you’d like to see what she has?”

The promise of new music seemed to dispel any dissatisfaction the boy had with being instructed not to play with the birds, and Jasper watched as the child and mother walked over to Nicole with a smile. His reverie was soon broken by one of his coworkers named Baire abruptly bringing over a man with a stab wound on his left arm to Jasper’s workstation.

“Pierced through by a pirate near the Dydrogan Islands,” Baire simply said. “The bleeding stopped some time ago, so I guess now we should just focus on saving the arm.”

Jasper motioned for the man to be seated and then turned to Baire and said, “Bring me some sutures.” Baire nodded and went to get the materials while Jasper shook his head in disgust. “Pirates,” he snarled, looking at the wound. There seemed to be a clear increase of pirates and tales of pirates in recent days, and Greece’s relative proximity to the Dydrogan Islands and, namely, Lavora, meant that Jasper saw his share of wounds inflicted by pirates.

“It was near Lavora,” the man replied. “I’m just a merchant, but they took all my wares and my ship. I escaped on one of my emergency gondolas. They say Lavora is crowded with pirates. I’ll never sail near there again…”

Jasper shook his head again and said, “Dregs of Mundus, those pirates. If I had my way…nevermind. Alright, let me see the wound, good sir.”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 03-19-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Name typo

7. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Alexandra took off her cap and let her hair down after another pirate was taken down and taken into custody. She looked out onto the town of Tazo as she got a good sight of the city along with the mountains, trees, and bamboos that filled the empty spaces of Tazo.

(Alexandra) "Sigh, might as well go see what's up in town."

Alexandra decided to head into town to see what's up...
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2012 07:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: robthespidermnky

PLAMEN was walking through the mountains of Tazo looking for a contact he was to meet. As he was walking he saw the contact come into sight but he was being taken down by a group of people. This is when he realized a female among the group taking off her hat. He decided he wanted a closer look at this female, if she is in the pirate hunting business then his skills might be of use to her.

When PLAMEN got up into the trees and over to where the girl was standing he heard her say that she was going to head in town. Plamen never liked going into town just because you never know who you might find walking down the street, and in a business like his, getting his cover blown could prove to be fatal, but he was to intrigued so he continued to follow this girl towards town.

OOC: hello again@Light Buster

10. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Senior Member Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer's Avatar
    Gil
    Persnickety
    Gifts Gir 172 - Pichu Jupiter Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2012 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A soft, melodious tune poured from the strings of the violin as Candeza skillfully manipulated the bow to emit an up-beat tune. Lithe, graceful movements accompanied the song as she maneuvered her way through the gathering crowd outside the tavern, and anyone who didn't know Candeza past the pleasing exterior could almost certainly be fooled into thinking she was one of the few pure souls that still gathered around these parts. A few minutes later and the song drew into conclusion and an uproar of clapping came from the crowd with a few words of praise. “Excellent job!” or “I have never heard anything more beautiful!” were thrown this way and that, and with a clearly vexed look upon her features, the red-head pushed her way past the remainder of the people and stepped inside the tavern.

The atmosphere inside wasn't ideal but it was a slightly better change. Candeza saw the Captain outside right before she entered and her eyes were quick to find Alena inside the tavern, but she was more preoccupied with filling her flask back to the top with vodka. It had run out earlier that evening and she knew she'd need a refill to make it through the night. “Vodka, full to the top,” she demanded, placing the flask down on the counter and giving the bartender one of her infamous glares; one that clearly sent the message of “make it fast or else tempt me to deck you right in the very establishment you work in”. Offering a clearly strained grin and a brief nod, the woman quickly followed through with the request and gave Candeza what she desired. She placed a few golden coins on the counter to cover the charge of the vodka, pressed the top of the flask against her mouth and jerked her head back hard enough to let a good rush of the stinging liquor wash down her throat. Finally.. just what I needed.

A little less than half had already been consumed by the time Sapphira made her way inside the tavern. While Candeza held a great amount of respect for the woman, and that was a huge feat in its own, she remained seated, crossed one leg over the other and watched as Alena and the Captain talked about whatever it was they were talking about.

Hey, lil' lady.. I bet ya can hold somethin' else almost as good as yer holdin' that bow, eh?

Candeza took a deep breath, focused on the stinging in her throat for a few seconds and didn't spare the man to her left any attention. Instead, another swig of the vodka was taken.

The man, a big, scruffy an unkempt creature, reached out with one of his massive hands and made a grab for her wrist. Being ignored didn't sit well with his ego. “Oi, I'm talkin' to ya, wench!

Although not as sturdy as some other object would've been, there was hardly any resistance as the bow was thrust straight into the man's left eye. There were a few shocked gasps from those close enough to see it happen and the man himself stumbled back a few steps, mouth hanging ajar but no words managing to come out. “You're not much of a talker now, are you?” Standing up, Candeza encroached upon the man – who had cleared a path behind him by now – until he fell loudly on his back and his arms smacked against the floor of the tavern. The next question would undoubtedly be whether he was alive or dead, but Candeza simply reached down, curled her fingers around the end of the bow and jerked it out of the eyesocket with a gruesome schhiinkk. Eyeing the blood that covered the opposite end of the bow, she idly wiped it across the skirt of her dress and began to make her way over to where Sapphira and Alena were.

[Let others wage war.]
    Slayer's Creative Corner

12. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

OOC: Massive post warning. Got carried away. Could not stop writing. Love this RP and it has only just started.

The bell rang pleasantly as Jace entered the shop. The thing that assaulted his senses first was the smell. It was the kinda smell that stuck with a place open as long as this one. One that had 'Worked it's way into the woodwork' as they would say. The smell of oils and varnish. Of metal and wood shavings. And mixed in it was the feint trace of warmth. There was a furnace in one of the backrooms, the shop had a few places attached via the back. It was a little way back though, through a couple of doors that currently sat open, and the smell and heat was drafting into the store front where Jace waited. He smiled to himself as he back to warm up. It was a lot colder outside then he had expected.
    He glanced around as he waited. There were various things on display. A few things stacked on shelves, there organisation spotless. Jace was past trying to figure out the exact nature of the specific ones but it was clear where the swords were. Two spaces above the Axes. One below the wooden figures. Jace admired how neatly they were set out before his eyes wondered across the walls to the other side. Here there were a few heavy items. Not things to be carried out of the shop. More things that would be delieved to a ship at a later date. The same old bronze cannon was sitting at the bottom. It had been there everytime Jace has came around. No one wanted it.

As he smiled a voice perked up from near the back door.
    "Back already?" The figure chuckled as he entered, wiping greese of his hands. "Your timing is as perfect as every Jace."
    "You know me Gordan." Jace turned, the smile growing as he faced the Shopkeeper. "Never in the right spot but always at the right time."
    Grodon was short. This wasn't an insult but if you had guessed about five foot you would not have been wrong. He peered at Jace behind his glasses with sharp green eyes. His smile was like an old mans, warm, and missing that one tooth they all seemed to lose. His skin was wrinkled but rough from constant exposure to a furnaces heat. It had a healthy tan to it, one that was just starting to lighten. He still had some muscle in his arms, and it seemed like once he may have been a sailor but those days were gone now. Jace was not sure how old Gordon really was, as life had been both harsh and kind to him in equal measure. He stood before Jace in a remarkable suit. He had natural, if expensive, look. Dark pants and a white shirt, his sleeves currently rolled up. Classic. Both were clean and well pressed as normal. But on top of that he had acquired a new waistcoat. Jace raised an eyebrow at the expensive lining of the pockets. Business had gone well it seemed.
    "Spending my money already?" Jace asked.
    Gordon just smiled, "Not all of it. But with the sudden rumors flying around some people are showing up with just about anything in the hopes of getting enough money to set sail. Or they come with the aim to get those very same things they need. Sometimes both at once."
    "Oh the Dead Eye thing?" Jace shrugged, "You believe them?"
    "I believe others believe it." Gordon joked. "Brings business my ways so who cares in the end. I ain't going to leap out of this comfortable home for some rumor." He smiled to himself this time. "Got a daughter to look after you know." He shook his head, "But less on that. It is here. I'll go get it for you." He turned and wondered off into the backs again.
    "Don't break a back old man." Jace shouted after him. He heard a friendly gumble in return. Gordon owned a unique shop. It sold secondhand goods that he brought back up to scratch himself. He did well and business had grown as time had gone on. Jace had visited everytime he made port here. The shop was out of the way enough that it was peaceful.

A few moments later Gordon returned with a plain wooden box. Jace tilted his head in confusion.
    "Hey! Don't be giving me that look." He pulled a seat up from behind the counter and sat down. Jace walked over and leaned on the side. "Less likely to be notice by thieves in a plain box."
    Jace rolled his eyes, "And I am sure that Pirates and their kin are just lining up to burst in. What with those guys outside," He said sarcastically, gesturing to the two thugs outside by the door, pistols in hand. More money in their pockets then they should, "And that thing behind the counter." He pointed at the blunderbuss under the counter. One shot. But if that thing went off it would create a lot of noise. And a lot of mess. "Good thing your too old to fire it eh?"
    "Do you want this or not? I still get paid regardless."
    "You caught me there. I was only looking to donate my money to some helpless old timer."
    "Good. If I see one I'll let you know."
    They both laughed.

Gordon opened the box and Jace was silent. When he had last been here, he had asked a favor of Gordon. A tale had gone round about a particular item that had caught Jace's interest and if anyone knew how to get hold of something it was Gordon. It cost a lot more then most other things, but Jace had no real need for money beyond the basics. However as looked he found himself wanting this more and more. With a nod from Gordon he reached into the box and pulled out a particular pocketwatch. It was a gleaming silver, and not a single scratch marred it's surface. It was a hunter case watch and fit well in Jace's hand. The front of the cover was decorated with amazing detail. On it was an image, half a sun and half a moon joined together. The sun was a dazling gold and the moon a rich silver. Starting from where they joined they both swirled and became their own vortex within the center. With a flick Jace opened it. The hands were deathly still. The time locked. Jace closed it quietly and then dangled it by the chain. As it spun around he noticed writing on the back in script he had never seen before.
    "The chain is not original." Gordon perked up, "And hard as I tried I can't open the damn thing. So it is stuck on that time boy." He looked disappointed, "Sorry about that. Would have had to break it to fix it and I'm sure you didn't want that."
    Jace just grinned. "No it is perfect Gordon. I won't ask what it cost to get." He slipped his travel sack off and began untying a sack attached to it. It made the pleasant sound of money clinging as it hit the counter. "Here is the rest I owe you. Thank you again."
    "No thank you. It was a pleasure to hold for a while and your more then welcome." Gordon yawned, "It is always a pleasure when you visit. For business or not." He stood back up stretching. Jace slipped the watch into his pocket. It was getting late.
    "Regardless. Thanks again." Jace said, Pulling his pack back on he also quickly dug out his cloak and swung it round himself. "I'll be in town for at least a night or two. Till new work appears." He walked over to the door and pulled it open, keeping it open with one foot. "Tell June I said Hi. I will see you both again no doubt."
    "No doubt you will. But you better only see my daughter when I'm around."
    "But of course." Jace made a mocking bow. They both laughed again.
    "Till then you crazy eyed stranger." Gordon smiled.
    "Till then old man."
    Jace waved his good bye and made his way off down the street. With the most important thing sorted first he now just had to find a place to stop. But Lavora was a big enough island. There would be somewhere. And things were only just beggining really. He had time.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

14. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Noir Swigged the last of his drink as Haley Decked teh last of teh privateers. She was really something in a fight- and she hadn't even used her blades for this one. Leaving a decent sized sack of Gold on the table to pay for damages, eh shouted ''Ok Maggots, Get lost! I want teh deck spotless before I get back, or I'll keep the Salted meat for myself. And you know that means more Seaweed for you lot.'' The crew all graoned, then chuckled- They Knew Noir wouldn't let them get sick eating nothing but Seaweed and Greul. However, they knew him well enough that he was serious too. ''Haley, Eve, Wee Jack, you wait behind.'' As the Three came over to him, he gave them each their Orders. ''Eve, I want you too see about refreshing our Inventorys- I ahve a long Trip Planned. Wee Jack, Get my Coat from the Cleaners and Pay the Lady, then you can grab some of your private ale with the leftover money.'' He gave a small bag to Jack- Contaning jsut enough to pay the cleaner and get a couple of bottles of Skullhammer. Noir lauhed. Wee jack might have been the Shortest, but he was the only man Alive who could stomach more than half a bottle of Skullhammer and live to tell the tale- at least that Noir had heard of.

After the other two had left, Noir turned to Haley. ''Listen, I meant it when I said I have a big Trip planned. Its gonna be worth it, I promise. But we will probably be gone for a while. So I thought I'd give you the heads up. Go procure some goods. Sell stuff, Buy better stuff. Use your Ravishing beauty and Heart-warming Personality to persuade people into giveing you beter deals. Wee need Ammo, Spare rope, Spare sails... The Lot.'' She saluted him. ''Aye aye Cap'n.'' As she oved to leave, He Grabbed her chin delacately and kissed her cheek. ''I know you can do it. Now go.'' She blushed slightly, then left.

As she left, just up the road, she saw a man leave Grodans Woodwork place. ''Huh. Dd he Buy something? Or sell prehaps. hmmm... maybe he's a Mercha- Oh hello.'' She realised she had been talking Aloud and walking towards him. ''How goes the day my good sir?''

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eve withdrew her arm from one of the smaller privateers. She was about to return it to it's rightful place in his gut, when she noticed the fighting had stopped. She stood up straight and brushed herself down.
    Eve faced the loudest noise, which was of course, as always, her captain. She instinctively screwed up her face in disgust upon the mention of seaweed. She hadn't been with them long, but the reputation the rest of the crew put on eating seaweed put the fear of god in her.

"Aye Sir!" she said as Noir briefed her on the essentials to retrieve. "I shall get right on it" and headed for the door. This was one of her first jobs Noir had given her directly, she was determined not to mess up.

It was late enough in the day, so she was probably not going to get to all the shops in time. She decided to head first to the food market, as she was still wasn't sure about the seaweed threat.

Seeing a young man selling some oranges, she sidled up to him "hey... what you got on sale there?"

-----------------------------

OOC:
    bit of a time difference between the two characters, but It'll even out in a bit.

IC:
    John woke up, after a restless night's sleep. It was too early, but he thought he would go down to the docks and sit and watch the waves. He spent a lot of time there when his wife died.
    He could see the fisherman's shop from here, so he'd go up to them once he saw it opening.
    he took off his shoes and hunkered down. Dipping his old crusty toes in the water, he sighed with the splash of the cool water on his skin. He hadn't been here in a long while, hopefully he wouldn't have to again.
    He lied back on the wooden dock (careful with his back) and stared into the sky, waiting for the day to start.
    Last edited by mrpineapple; 03-20-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: John

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Alexandra placed her cap back on as she began her walk down to town. She wondered what was in town today for her to do; more jobs, interesting topics, and the latter. She would be interested in the bounty board. She quickly checked the bounty board for any new jobs and it happened to be her lucky day. There were so many jobs that she will be working all day for the job, including jobs based on the legendary treasure. She needed jobs to do and to get paid for it. She smiled as she took each job with happiness and headed off.

(Alexandra) "With these jobs, I can make money quick."
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

18. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

OOC: Just noticed I have no men on my crew (none played by one of you guys anyways) hmmm... NPCs are a blessing sometimes, still I'm grateful to have my girls. ^_^

Sapphira chuckled and gave Alena a hearty pat on the back. "Oh love, me singing is the best talent I've got. Dancing requires grace. I'd look like a damn fish out o' water!" She kept her hand on the lower part of Alena's back to guide her down the stairs. "Was that one of your fancy straws you always use? I do wish you'd take off your mask one of these days. I'd love to take a gander at your face. You sound like a beauty!" She laughs again. "But yes, we be sailing out tonight if it pleases the bunch." The reached the bottom of the stairs and Sapphira, being rather short, stepped up on a chair to scan the rowdy crowd for the rest of her crew. She caught a glimpse of Candeza, the ship's musician and back-up gunner. She easily stood out with her beauty and heavily clad arms, not to mention her violin; not many carry around such an instrument in these parts of Mundus. she was about to call out to her when she saw a man grab her. The Captain couldn't help but grin. This should be good. She thought and watched with her hands on her hips.

She nearly fell down laughing when Candeza impaled his eyeball with her bow. She loved her crew, which contained mostly females but she wasn't complaining. Most men, especially pirates, were scoundrels anyways. Though, she did miss one of the "scoundrels" that left her crew. She may have rejected his confession, but Christopher was a competent man. She enjoyed his company and respected him above most men. She only tried to seduce him the first time they met because she lacked respect for him, but after he joined her crew she couldn't bring herself to do it again. Sapphira may be lustful and greedy, but she was not one without morals when it came to her companions. When he had confessed to her, she had to turn him down because of her habit of seducing men to please herself and steal from them. She could not subject a lover to her ways, much less a respected member of her crew that cared for her so deeply and she in return. When he left, it certainly left a scar on Sapphira's heart. She had returned the promise that she would kill him the next time they met. Thankfully, their paths have not crossed yet and she was dreading the day they would for she didn't know if she could bring herself to kill him.

Sapphira's random depression over Christopher quickly the moment Candeza retrieved her bow from the man's eye socket. She gave a delighted, bellowing laugh. "Serves you right swine! Teach you to underestimate a lass from the Red Sapphire!" The man stumbled out of the tavern, holding his bleeding eye. "Rub some dirt in it ya wee willy'd scally wag!" The room burst into laughter and she hopped off the chair, looked at Alena with a wide grin and flicked her head towards Candeza, beckoning her to follow. She approached Candeza, looking like a proud mother. "Such a good girl you are Candeza. You ready to set off soon? Alena's bored and you know how she gets when she can't play with her scalpels!" She said, as loud as ever, especially since the little scene caused everyone to rile up again. Of course, she was joking about Alena's fetish, but she always made light-hearted jokes abut her crew because that's just how comfortable she felt with them. "Now where is God-Eye? Can't leave without me trusty quartermaster!"
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 03-20-2012 at 08:49 PM.

20. Likes Slayer liked this post
    Knight of Justice... except not Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2016 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kingoftorture

Shaun walked down the street towards the pier, his hood was up and his head down. He rubbed his wrists and the new steel arm-guards. They'll be useful, but we shouldn't have had so much left over from the last heist. He thought to himself. Shaun and Johnson usually only stole what they needed, but they got greedy the last time, and took more than they needed. And to think I want to consider myself a noble thief if there even is such a thing. He walked over to the ship that should be the one Johnson described as he remembered the conversation from earlier.

"Alright according to my info the money should be in the hold." Johnson said. Shaun focused on what Johnson was saying. He was a short man only about 5 feet tall. His clothes weren't of overly high quality, but average like he preferred. "You're sure this ship isn't a pirate ship right? Angering the guards and merchants is one thing, especially when they don't find out till we're gone, but pirates it will be too easy to run into them again. I feel you should know I'm not ready to die yet." Shaun said. "Don't worry has my info been wrong before?"
    "No but better safe than sorry."

He looked around, after he confirmed there was no one around. He climbed up the side and reached the top in a few seconds. Who keeps their money in the hold? he thought. It's going to take me forever to find it. He walked into the ship and looked around he managed to make it into the hold without being seen. Now to start looking.

22. Likes ~Shobu~ liked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alena Flushed Heavily behind her mask. Sometimes, she was really glad of it. As she followed her captain -Half willingly- She saw Candeza stab someones eye with a Violin bow. "Yeesh, thats gotta hurt" She says quietly. As she moves tohelp the man, He got up, and Walked out. Turning the step into aa vored little twirl, she faced Candeza. "Nice shot by the way. Though if you had the choice, Stabbing his tonsils would have been a bettee choice." Flushing again as the Captain made her joke, This time from embarrassnent, She re-adjusted her mask slightly so it remained secure.

"So Captain, what are we here for? You spent a fair bit of time on the roof, and If I know you, that means youve got Plans for us. Whats gonna happen? Did you find a big juicy target, maybe a map to some lost hoard?" Swaying slightly on the spot in tune to a soft bit of music, she said "And are we all stocked up on supplys?"

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace began to ponder what would be the best way to meet up with a new employee. His advertisment was mainly through word of mouth. And though good it did mean that sometimes it would die down. Not everyone was looking to hire. Not a Quartermaster atleast. He scratched at the stumble on his chin. Maybe employment was not the first thing he should look for. He had after all, only just made land fall. He needed a shave, and though Gordon was too polite to say, he would need a bath too. Food would also be a good start his growling belly reminded him. His mind was made up. A spot to stop was the first call for him.

As she left, just up the road, she saw a man leave Gordons Woodwork place. ''Huh. Did he buy something? Or sell prehaps. Hmmm... maybe he's a Mercha- Oh hello.'' She realised she had been talking aloud and walking towards him. ''How goes the day my good sir?''

However as he was lost in thought as he bumbed into someone who may have been talking to him. They both didn't tumble, often the case for any sailor since you learned to handle rougher leveling. However he was embarressed and his line of thought had scattered.
    "Sorry about that." He said, giving a fient chuckle, "Wasn't looking where I was going." He put on a bright smile and took his first look at the poor guy. Well scratch that. It was in fact a girl he had bumbed into. No scratch that as well. Woman was the better, and more polite term. She had an look that was almost instantly recalled in his mind. Without thinking his mouth opened and words left it.
    "Haley Attenya?" He asked, "The 'Brighteyes' of The Blackwinged Angel? I expected you to be shorter." He tilted his head. He had read a profile on her, and like most figures of some importance, had commited it to memory. That and he had once been under the employ of a Captain that had a bit of a rivally with hers'. Not that he took that into consideration. Jace was fair with all. If she was in down then then The Blackwinged Angel was docked near by. Which ultimately meant so was Blackwing himself. There was a meeting Jace thought he might enjoy. Through out all these thoughts the words kept tumbling.
    "Fancy meeting you? Fate is a weird one." His brain finally began to catch up with him. "Oh sorry again. I wasn't thinking." He offered his hand out, "I am Jace Harlon." He smiled at her, "It is a pleasure to bump into you." He gave a small laugh, "Literally it seems."
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Jaley smiled. "Glad too see I made a name for myself in such sort time... Wait... Jace...Garlon.... Harlon? Ah, I remember the name. Father did some buisness a while back with you, snobby git.How are you doing? I seem to recall you were looking dor work. Have you found anything? Im still workin on the Blackwinged Angel myself. Noir... oh, Capn Blackwing, to you, Keeps me busy. He might like to meet ypu actually." She stopped. "Sorry, Im rambling arent I?"

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Cross Avantgarde Come back to us! >.<

"Kepper stocked the ship full yesterday," Sapphira replied to Alena. She couldn't help but smile at the girl's enthusiasm. "As for our destination, well, let's just say we'll be sailin' through cold waters, ladies. Might want some more blankets. I'll tell the crew as a whole what be our mission soon as we board." She smirked. "We'll need water also. Get the last of yer needs and join me on the ship before three. That gives you an hour, mateys. Let's make haste!" With that, Sapphira strolled out of the bar, her pulse racing with excitement. She didn't know if she could last an hour, but she needed time to gather the rest of her crew and shop around for any necessities. Besides, she needed any leads on where she should start searching for the infamous Dead Eye and his treasure.

The girl walked down the streets of Greece with her woven grass basket, filled to the brim with plants and flowers, dangling from one arm. She was a beauty, turning heads everywhere she stepped. Her hair was waist-length, braided back with flowers, and voluminous with waves. Her eyes, blue as the ocean. She wore a simple emerald-colored dress that reached her ankles, layered at the hips, tightened at waist with a brown corset, and scooped low at the neck, revealing a decent amount of cleavage. Around her neck, she wore a blue pendant shaped like a starfish. In this form, she was called Euthalia, the flower and herb merchant. This was her favorite form because she did not have to do anything extreme. This was her leisure time form. It also meant she could pay him a visit.

Nemo gathered her wits and inhaled a deep breath as she stood outside the clinic at which Doctor Jasper Chrysostom. She opened the door and walked to the receptionist with a lovely smile. "Good day, Lydia. I've brought the herbs Dr. Chrysostom asked for," she said, her voice was sweet and melodic.

Lydia looked up from her papers when Euthalia walked in and smiled. "Oh, Euthalia, hello. I'm afraid the doctor is with a patient at the moment. How about you leave those herbs here with me and I will give them to him when he's finished?"

That wouldn't do at all. "Oh, I'm not in a hurry. I can wait until he's finished. I have a 'thank you' gift to give him as well for helping me with my fever last week."

"Well, if you truly wish to wait, you can take a seat."

"Thank you Lydia." With that Nemo took a seat beside the window. Hades has not contacted her since she started the rumors of Dead Eye in Kanthrax. Was he waiting for something? And why would he start up this rumor so suddenly. Nemo didn't understand her master, but she didn't need to. He scared the hell out of her.

Rufus sat up in bed. The red covers were silk and felt heavenly against his naked skin. He could become accustomed to this. His last kill was simple enough, but even the simplest of jobs has of jobs can have tremendous benefits, hence why he was sleeping in the guest room of Governor Baltamus of Ralyn, Erabyss.

Rufus took another five minutes to revel in the rare comfort then rolled himself off the bed with a sigh. Off to look for work. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll find me a good crew to sail with. That is mind, Rufus threw on all of his clothes, grabbed his weapons, and he was out the door.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

John heard the patter of footsteps behind his head. "John" a voice said. He opened his eyes to look up into the face of the fisherman. "Did something happen? you haven't been down here since, well... you know"
    He got to his feet slowly and stretched. "I'm here to talk with your son. Eve's gone missing, and I think he's the first step in finding out where she might be"

"He's in there, setting up shop for the day, here, I'll accompany you in" he guestured towards the door.]"Oh! Hello Mr. Brower. Come to buy some fish? you'll have to give me a minute"

"I'm afraid I'm not buying fish today. I thought Evelyn was going with you on that trip of yours and you've come back and it figures she's been gone the whole time! Did you have anything to do with this?"

The fisherman's boy stumbles back and looks a bit nervous "I... I... Yes.." He admitted "She asked me to cover for her while she was gone. I.. I think she went looking for that treasure everyone's talking about. That "Dead Eye's treasure or something" he paused. "I brought her to Hinawa on my way to Otayo, she was going to look for a group to go with."

"She told me not to say anything! she thought that you'd be proud of her when she brought back the gold and she didn't want you to worry. I would've stopped her but.." John thought he saw a small grin, but it quickly vanished "but she convinced me not to"

Hinawa? That was the Huntress's territory, undoubtably Eve must have decided to start her "hunt" there. It was also at least three times the size of Kanthrax.

"Right." John said, his face strained with thought.
    "I think it's time I left this island. Eve must learn that she can't simply do as she pleases. I'll go stop her before she does something reckless." he looked at the fisherman "do you have any boats spare? I should have enough to cover the cost of a replacement"

OOC: eww all the colours :S

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @~Shobu~ : Props on the name “Euthalia!”

“Alright, the sutures are in place,” Jasper said as he carefully examined his work. “It doesn’t look infected, but it’ll leave a nasty scar, I’m afraid.” The man looked at the closed wound and tried to move his arm a bit.

“It’ll take some time. Come back two weeks from today and we’ll see how you’re progressing. Until then, I’m going to give you some balsam fir to put on the wound and some bromelain to put on afterwards that may ease the pain. We’ll decide when to take the sutures out when I see you next.” The man grunted and got up to leave. “Oh, and if you stop by the Dydrogan Islands again, take some nightshade and put it into the pirates’ drink. Should resolve the pirate problem with speed.” Though Jasper meant it as a joke, the man did indeed ask for a portion of nightshade before he left, giving Jasper a good laugh.

While washing the small amount of blood from his hands in a washbasin, Baire once again came over to him. “Another emergency, Baire? And I thought this was going to be a slow day.” Baire simply replied,“Jasper, Lydia says that Euthalia is here to see you.”

Jasper immediately finished washing his hands, dried them, rolled down his sleeves, and turned to Baire. “Baire, please tell Lydia to send her right to my office.” Baire turned in Lydia’s direction and Jasper quickly walked down the hall to his office, hoping that Euthalia hadn’t been waiting too long.

The beautiful Euthalia was always able to find the rarest and most needed plants and herbs, even those that grew in lands far from Greece. She had singlehandedly provided enough medicine to treat each and every patient during a strange epidemic that Jasper had never seen before, a feat that boggled Jasper’s mind. He had no idea how she acquired such rare items so quickly, but he was grateful to have her help. He felt uncomfortable having her sit and wait for him, and promised to remind himself to tell Lydia to send her right to his office next time.

Waiting for her to enter, he began to put various books ranging from Aristotle’s lectures to works on Hippocrates back on the winding bookshelf that covered three of the four walls in the room, attempting to make enough space for the “flower,” as such meant her name.

Senior Member Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer has a reputation beyond repute Slayer's Avatar
    Gil
    Persnickety
    Gifts Gir 172 - Pichu Jupiter Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2012 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For what it was worth, Candeza was grateful that it'd been the Red Sapphire that'd picked her up and not a ship full of overzealous pirates with sour attitudes and inflated egos; something that seemed to be reoccurring around here, but then again not something that was a complete surprise. She supposed that, to some extent, that kind of mindset was required for someone to be able to the kind of work they indulged in.

"Such a good girl you are Candeza. You ready to set off soon? Alena's bored and you know how she gets when she can't play with her scalpels!"*

Although she wasn't one to go out of her way and try to like people, she found herself taking to most of the crew in Sapphira's ship, but if asked she would simply state that the level of tolerance was there because she had to live with them on a day-to-day basis. “Alena's bored?” She questioned as a wry grin stretched upon her lips, “I would've figured that hitting on you was going to keep her busy enough for some time.” The words held no harm – surprisingly – and she knew that the other two women were used to her playful jesting. “If we're going to be leaving soon.. I think I need more vodka. We have enough gunpowder and ammunition to last us for at least another month if our.. aggressive encounters don't suddenly skyrocket.”

With a bit of hesitation, the bartender refilled the silver flask and Candeza went on her way to find Sapphira and Alena. Despite the fact that she was now beginning to feel the full effects of her intoxication, she still managed to keep herself well-composed and only the two women she was about to meet up with would likely be able to tell. She caught the last part of Sapphira and Alena's conversation and instantly knew that, whatever it was the Captain had in mind, they were about to embark on a new and likely lengthy journey – just what the redhead had secretly been hoping for.

More blankets? Candeza had a feeling that the little silver flask would be more than enough to keep her warm throughout the night.
    Last edited by Slayer; 03-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.

[Let others wage war.]
    Slayer's Creative Corner

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alena Blushed Heavily under the mask. Had she actually been... Hitting on teh Captain? Was it that obvious how she? No, of course, Candeza was Joking. ''I... Erm, well I think theres enough blankets in the Medical store for me... And the first thing I did on arrival was buy some medical stuff... Herbs, Rum... Erm... Scalpels.'' She said, remembering the Captains earlier jokes. So... I'm all set. I do hvae something I want to get though... I'll meet you in an Hour then.''

Leaving teh tavern- her tab already paid- Alena wandered down the streets. Sighting the Shop She wanted, she entered. ''Hullo Mirian'' She said. Mirrian, The Girl behind the counter, looked up, Surprised. ''Alena! Good to see you! How's my favorite mystery Madam?'' Alena shyly shuffled her feet at the use of her old nickname. ''I'm... well and good. Are... are you?'' Mirrian nodded. ''Shy as Ever i see? Well, what can I getcha this time?'' Alena pointed to the door. 'I'm going to go have a look around, ok? Ill let you know when I've got it all.''

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Um.. fruit" the young seller said dumbly.
    "I do love fruit" Eve peeled the orange. She took a section and plopped it into her mouth.
    "w...would you like some?" the seller looked awkward.
    taking another section, she chomped down another. "Do you think I could have a crate or two? my captain wants some for his ship."
    "w... why yes, of course" he fumbled and stacked up two crates for her.
    Eve took out her satchel of gold, taking out a little under the labelled price.
    handing it over, the seller didn't complain.

"Where should I deliever it to miss?" he asked.
    "oh delivery too? you're too sweet" she doted on him "It's docked in yonder port, The Blackwind Angel." she let the name sink in. "I've got to head now, maybe I'll see you later?" she said and left with a wink.

Boys, they're all the same, she thought as she headed to the fisherman's shop for ropes and other misc. supplies next.

OOC: maybe next time i'll do bolds and italics, rather than colours...

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Noir Sighed. Wandering out of the Tavern, He went across the street. Knocking on the door, It was opened by a man with a lng grey ponytail. ''Noir Blackwing. Heh, got that gold you owe me?'' Noir Chuckled. ''Julio my old friend. An dby Old i mean it literally, your an old geezer now! When'd you go grey? You were a redhead just last year.'' Julio chuckled and Led Noir into teh House. ''I have her all cleaned up. You owe me 3 favours now.'' Julio pronounced, almost as though it were formal. Noir Grinned. ''Good work.'' Lifting up the Package, he hung it to his belt and said ''Dyou want 4 favours? I havent paid my Pub Tab. Keep quiet to Haley- she's jsut down the road. And I need to get off teh Island soon, but I won't make it on the main streets.''

Julio nodded, still smiling. ''Say no more my shadowy friend. Maybe I'll see you around. The Tunnels are yours. And I'm calling in 2 favours now- Take this to Jasmine on the Docks, and Then Put her reply in the blue-flagged box.'' Noir nodded, then ducked into Julios tunnels to the Docks. Running along it, he looked at his package- a small letter. Julio Flirting with jasmine again, no doubt. Couldn't leave a married woman alone.

Climbing out the Pipes in an Alleyway, he walked over to Jasmine. It was obviously her- She was teh Only woman with truly Crimson hair he'd ever seen. She took the Letter wordlessly, and handed a small box to him. He then Slid down an Alley, slipped the Parcel in a box, and Walked out to the Dock where his Ship was tied up. He chuckled. The Lads on board wouldn't be expecting him back THIS early.

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Cross Avantgarde Why thank you ^_^ I love it when a person's name has more purpose behind it than just simply being a title. Baire's an unusual one that I've never seen. I like it though!

Euthalia dug into her basket of herbs and such and retried a jar filled with a thick orange liquid. She smiled to herself as she caressed the jar in her hands as if it contained the most precious substance she'd ever held in her life. She had spent two whole days perfecting the marmalade. She loved it, having enough free time to herself so she could devote herself to learning about what she enjoyed doing. For example, she just recently discovered she loved making and eating marmalade among other things she does as Euthalia. She couldn't remember a day when she wasn't at Hades' beck and call, not that she wasn't still, but she was being allotted time to discover things about herself. Her smile began to fade. Despite the air, she was merely a dog with a longer leash. She was beginning to fear that she will never be free of his grasp.

"Euthalia."

Lydia's voice brought her back to her senses. She looked up at her as if confused to why Lydia would call her such a lovely name, but just as quickly as the confusion had come, it was gone and Nemo was once again Euthalia. She smiled at Lydia, a genuine smile because she knew what she was going to say.

"The doctor's free to see you now."

Euthalia stood and thanked Lydia as she made her way into his office, hiding the marmalade behind her back, hoping she could surprise Jasper with it. Lydia shut the door behind her and suddenly she couldn't face him. She had been waiting for so long to see him, but now her nerves were getting the best of her. She forced herself to look at him and smile, holding the basket out to him. He was as handsome as always, of course that's not all Euthalia admired about him. It took vast amounts of effort not to shake and fluster. Smiling she said, "Well, it took me a while but I was finally able to make something valuable enough to trade for turmeric with my friend from Alovehr."

OOC: I'll post for the other two later. I'm going to go watch the Hunger Games!!! XD

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jasper turned around when the door opened, and couldn’t help but smile when he saw Euthalia enter. She didn’t look at him at first, and for some reason that made Jasper almost laugh.

Smiling she said, "Well, it took me a while but I was finally able to make something valuable enough to trade for turmeric with my friend from Alovehr."

Jasper could usually tell if his visitors had been taking care of their health, based solely on their appearance. He would often recommend health tips for some of his patients and visitors if something in their physical appearance denoted a nutritional deficiency or need of exercise. But such was not the case with Euthalia. The professional sculptors throughout all of Greece were unable to produce any sculpture that looked half as perfect as Euthalia.

“Turmeric!” Jasper said, delighted. He took the basket cheerfully and delicately placed it on the desk, as if he were working with a patient. “Perfect! I’ve been wanting to try new combinations and methods with tumeric; and it’s so very rare...I owe you big for this.” Jasper shook his head. “I know you worked really hard for the trade, and please, name your price. We’re still in your debt for bailing us out during the epidemic when our materials were so terribly low.”

From the talks he’d had with Euthalia, Jasper could easily see how knowledgeable she was about the world, which was astonishing given her young age. She knew much more about travel and distant places than Jasper could ever hope to find out, it seemed. But amazingly she also seemed to be curious about the world around her that she obviously knew so well. And that fact placed a thought in Jasper’s mind.

“Euthalia, there’s an exhibit a few of my colleagues have worked on at the Lyceum later this evening. They’re presenting new remedies for common diseases that are easier to obtain for the common Greek. Would you be interested in going with me? I didn’t work on this with them, so I’m interested to see what they’ve done. Of course, if you can’t attend, there’s always next time.” Had Jasper been concentrated harder, he might have noticed that she seemed to be concealing something behind her back. Yet this ignorance could be blamed on the truth that he was a bit anxious as to how she would answer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information