AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month June Phase 2 Results

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month June Phase 2 Results

Well.... sorry for the delay, but getting judges online during the summer is becoming a little harder. And, following my own Zero Tolerance policy, I self eliminated myself for missing the deadline.

Now, instead of doing another theme after this one, we will just have a 3 way battle between the remaining entries.

Battle: Daken versus Zenister versus MaruDashi

Daken's entry is a strong, monotone tag that relies on its simplicity. Overall, it has not a lot going for it. The text is weak, the color is boring, the flow and blending are hard to decipher. But what it does have, is that it has the stock going for it. It certainly does show a lot and combines well with the text preset theme even if the typography isnt very strong.

Zenister's entry has more powerful color and typography than Daken's. Use of C4Ds, powerful lighting, and full on use of a Purple/Orange combination make it probably the most vibrant of the entries. Its probably also far more technically proficient. But the problem we have is that we find this entry to be more or less manufactured in terms of what Zenister does. Its resembles many of her other works very closely which makes us scratch our heads and wonder just how much thought was actually put into the design itself.

Maru's entry follows upon the logic of irony. The Indian Pocahontas holding a musket, probably 'Up To No Good.' The text is powerful, good use of how its organized. But the entry has a lot going on. Effects are almost exploding out of the bottom of the tag, spraying reds and whites over the composition. The colors are good, and have a nice variety, but its a little too much.

So who do we pick? Daken's simple, but unrefined entry? Zenister's well composed, but boring entry? Or Maru's strange, but sporadic entry?

Aha... Well, after much deliberation, we choose Daken. The reason being, that although this is a Text preset, and therefore we want the text to be strong, we also want it to feel as though it belongs there. The use of the peace sign, the thoughts of the Hippie's love movement, and the grin bring home the emotion and thoughts of what the text should say.

So to Daken, you may use this badge to commemorate your eternal victory.

Thank you all for participating, we hope to see you on the next Battle of the Month in July!

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month June Phase 2 Results

I dislike being punished for using my style well, but congrats to the winner. Great entry, bro.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Dakens is boring. The only thing that makes me like it.. Is that it's not drenched in the usual darken overlay they normally use which dulls the sig. This is new so of course it draws some attention.

Zennisters was a perfect balance of color and message of happiness. But I guess it's the same as all of her other works :/ such a shame. oh well.

While Maru's was just interesting. Love the color scheme and the typography. However the render is iffy to me and I can't tell if it's the blue strokes or the red ones that are throwing me off.

It was a nice 3 way battle though.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-12-2011 at 05:38 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It should be dully noted, that everyone has the right to their opinions.

@Blue .

I would never, ever, describe anything as perfect. If, Zenister's entry was truly perfect as you describe, then we would have chosen it.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    It should be dully noted, that everyone has the right to their opinions.

@Blue .

I would never, ever, describe anything as perfect. If, Zenister's entry was truly perfect as you describe, then we would have chosen it.
    Well for my word choice I used the term perfect to describe the color balance and why have the word perfect in the dictionary if you can't use it to describe something. Makes no sense. I'd never ever rob a bank but it's still an action ;p

and I don't really understand how the gun shells symbolize peace love and happiness o.o Based on the outfit and the bling it's not a soldier. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 06-12-2011 at 08:42 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

They were all great entries. Congrats to all the participants for making it this far, and congrats to Daken for winning ^_^

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Well for my word choice I used the term perfect to describe the color balance and why have the word perfect in the dictionary if you can't use it to describe something. Makes no sense. I'd never ever rob a bank but it's still an action ;p

and I don't really understand how the gun shells symbolize peace love and happiness o.o Based on the outfit and the bling it's not a soldier. But I could be wrong.
    It is a soldier, the original picture was black and white, and I thought that having a black and white signature seemed kind of dull with the theme and all. So I decided to go with blue which in some terms is related to "pure."

The gun shells isn't what makes the picture, when I was looking at it I was thinking of the soldiers smile, and the peace sign around him. Which I thought at the time, that no matter what situation your in, or how hard things can get, people can still find peace, love, and happiness.

I will say my signature wasn't the best quality wise, but everyone has there own styles. And I respect your opinion. :]

8. Likes Xeyuzio, blueangel06661 liked this post
    s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I am not at all trying to start an argument, but the only thing you guys said was wrong with my entry is that it looks like all my others. So, like I said, I got punished for having a style that I employ with precision and consistency. Call it boring if you like, but I know what I like and have mastered it.

For the record, though, I really like the entry that won and don't resent it at all. I just resent that I essentially got discredited for being too versed in my style.

I'm not going to check this thread again, so reply if you like, but I have no interest in discussing it further.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information