AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Series Discussion thread

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Final Fantasy Series Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Scruffy View Post
    IV was, in my opinion, very overrated.

Maybe that's because I played the shitty DS port of it, I dunno. Or maybe because I sort of forced myself through it with a guide as opposed to enjoying it. Whatever the case may be, they reused the whole elements of fake deaths and mind control WAY too often. You would never expect anybody to die because you would just assume that they would come back in some convenient way later.

The music was solid though. That's for sure.
    You can't really knock IV's story since it was an early release on the SNES and they hadn't had time to fully realize what they could do with the system yet. The DS did add somewhat to the story, such as Golbez's background. Besides the only people who died and where resurrected where the four fiends. Tellah for example never came back. Kain even after you still probably had some of the mind control residing in him even after he broke free and rejoined you. And it's not like he didn't try fighting it.

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kylesico912 View Post
    You expected Tellah to come back?
    -Yang came back/mind controlled
    -Edward came back
    -Golbez came back
    -Rydia came back
    -Golbez comes back again
    -Cid comes back
    -Yang comes back again
    -Palom and Porom come back
    -Scarmiglione, Barbariccia, Cagnazzo, and Rubicante all come back
    -King of Baron didn't die/turned into Odin
    -Zemus came back

That's all of the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed some. :P
    Last edited by Scruffy; 03-31-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No, Yang had amnesia and was tricked. There's a difference.
    As for others coming back, it's telling a story, there's a reason people kept coming and going. And eventually, they come back but don't join your party (unless you're playing the GBA version).

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    No, Yang had amnesia and was tricked. There's a difference.
    As for others coming back, it's telling a story, there's a reason people kept coming and going. And eventually, they come back but don't join your party (unless you're playing the GBA version).
    Wasn't he in that boat crash and you never saw him again until he came back mind-controlled? I was pretty convinced he was dead, not suffering from amnesia. Maybe I'm thinking of one of the other instances of "fake deaths", though. :3

I'm not knocking the game by any means. There's so many games that are far more repetitive than that, and even worse for it now that it's been about 20 years since the game came out. I'll have to pick up the Complete Collection for PSP and actually try and enjoy my next playthrough of it.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah he was. And nope, he had amnesia from that. If you pick up the complete collection, do note that the story will seem to be missing some story elements since those where added to the DS remake.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Talking about the PSP collection, The After Years is so so. =\

I got it for WiiWare.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I heard the AY where meh, curious about the interlude though.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

VIII is my favourite, followed closely by VII. For me Squall is just the best case of character development in any FF game hands down. And character development is important to me, which is weird considering FFXII had the worst character development I've ever seen (practically none), yet I loved it. Probably because the awesome gameplay made up for it.

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Scruffy View Post
    -Yang came back/mind controlled
    -Edward came back It is possible to fall off a boat and survive, dispite the weather but I can imagine it was tough on him.
    -Golbez came back Tellah's Meteor wasnt powerful enough. Simple as that.
    -Rydia came back
    -Golbez comes back again Once again he was playing dead.
    -Cid comes back
    -Yang comes back again
    -Palom and Porom come back They were hit with they're own stone so they were still alive just completely immoble in all possible ways.
    -Scarmiglione, Barbariccia, Cagnazzo, and Rubicante all come back They are feinds they are technically immortal.
    -King of Baron didn't die/turned into Odin Hes a ghost/summon thing.
    -Zemus came back He is possesed by Zeromus due to his hatred.

That's all of the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed some. :P
    Comments in bold.
    Some of theses are fairly explainable. Some is kinda shakey which is why I didnt explain them. Rydia is a summoner but it is kinda hard to explain how she didn't die either way.
    Ironicly the event is making my point even more interesting.
    Last edited by Kylesico912; 04-01-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Seriously ._.

Junior Member BrokenXInsanity is on a distinguished road BrokenXInsanity's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2011 08:20 AM
    Threads

Sorrysorry I haven't commented on my own. Thread been moving and unpacking in to my new appartment. VIII is by far my favorite I love the ll my brothers and it sucks never played all through VII either but I love Sephorot. Ihave an rp with him married to Sango from Inuyasha. I never like FFX but liked X-2w for some odd reason. Sorry for mistyps usin a driod to type so its hard.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm not going to hide the fact that I've only played I (GameBoy), II (GB), III (DS), IV (DS), V (GameBoy), VII (PS2)... >.> I blame my lack of consoles. (Only received a PS2 last year from someone as his payment to me for tutoring him Japanese...)

But I definitely enjoyed all of them. My friend gave me his copy of VIII, but I gave up after an hour because the summon scenes were too frickin' long and there didn't seem to be a way for me to skip or fast forward.

But out of them, I'd say my favorite is either IV or VII. I don't care if some of the storyline is too far-fetched, as I'm never big on storyline anyway. I care more about gameplay itself.

Senior Member Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics has a reputation beyond repute Harmonics's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Mario Blooper Beer Wolf
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 07:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harmonics12

In this order are my favorite:

-Tactics A2
    -Tactics (GBA)
    -Dissidia
    -Doudecim
    -X
    -X-2
    -Crisis Core
    -XIII (been watching my little brother play from start to finish)
    ~~Use to be Rempika~~

"To live is to fight"

I is the dango - Winter Music~

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The picture in my signature tells you which final fantasy animal I like the most.

Seriously ._.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

^I'm gonna go with Moogle.

Junior Member Thenu is on a distinguished road Thenu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 07:23 PM
    Threads

Moogle here too. FF9 was great for that.

Kupo kupo!

Junior Member chaossaveren29 is on a distinguished road chaossaveren29's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2011 11:48 PM
    Threads

I have fully completed every ff on the ps1,ps2,psp,gba and nds,i loved every one of them and i cant a particular one that i like since each have their own way of being unique but unfortunately i couldnt play the ones on ps3,pc and wii,hopefully i can get to play those ff some time ltr.

Senior Member CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper has a reputation beyond repute CryBabyWearingDiaper's Avatar
    Gil
    HaHa
    Gifts Mario Boo Bleach Urahara Hat Systems N64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 03:31 AM
    Threads

I've played since FF 1 and i personally enjoy all there games (I love the story's and the turn base.) I would have to say out of all the girls that were made in the series Rikku was my favorite <3

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

FFIX is best in the series, anyone who disagrees is crazy.

Junior Member Lyddie is on a distinguished road Lyddie's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2011 01:50 AM
    Threads

One of my all time favorites is definitely FFIX .
    One of the reasons is probably because it was the first video game I've ever played, I was still I child so I got really attached to it.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

I`ve only played XII, XIII, VII Vincent`s spin-off and some of VII(the graphics made my head and eyes hurt, seriously :P).
    Out of those my favorite is XIII, becaus it`s so long, the graphics is really nice especially in the cutscenes.
    Lightning and Serah is hot :P
    After playing through the main story once again while watching HCBailly`s walkthrough/lets play of it I think the story was pretty meh.
    Really looking forward to XIII-2, I`m so curious about the story becaus of the E3 trailer they show the official site.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Des , Dude, FFVII is one of the first non pseudo 3D games. And by pseudo I mean games like Star Fox for the SNES that looked 3D but weren't.

Senior Member TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi has a reputation beyond repute TheQueenOfAllYaoi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2011 09:49 PM
    Threads

M favorites are ff7, ff9, ff10, ff: crystal Chronicles ring of fate, ff7: crisis core. Fave characters are Vincent Valentine, sephiroth.

Junior Member itech is on a distinguished road itech's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2011 02:16 PM
    Threads

Final Fantasy XII is my favourite game.I've finished this game.Now I'm playing FF-x.And I played a little ff-vii.

My favorite character is
    Name:  ashe.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  15.2 KB
    Name: Ashe
    Race: Hume
    Home Land: Dalmasca
    Bio: The only child of King Raminas and sole heir to the Dalmascan thrown, Ashe is believed dead following the invasion. She meets Vaan and the others under the most unlikely circumstances. Ashe knows all too well she lacks the power to right the wrongs committed against her and her kingdom, but she will not allow herself to admit defeat. (ff xii sector )
    -----------

which games should i play? Would you recommed ?

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Beaten VII
    Never beat FFX, and idk where my PS2 is
    Currently re-playing I, made it to the last boss and my data corrupted
    Played Tactics Advanced, never beat it
    On Disc 3[?] of XIII, wanna finish it, but not really motivated to do so
    Last edited by Velvet_Nightmare; 08-23-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've only played FFXIII, might check out the other ones sometime in my holidays
    Senjougahara Fascination

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information