AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Android: Undercity

Member Enemyraidz has a spectacular aura about Enemyraidz has a spectacular aura about Enemyraidz's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2013 07:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: OOC: Android: Undercity

I think your all on the right track definitely sorry was in the process of moving this weekend but I am definitely already grinding my own gears on whats to come.

"If I were to become a lost cause or lose my way, all I ask is that you remember me. Being forgotten is far too cruel."

2. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Ah. The wiki made it sound like they were taking all their model lines that direction and I figured you'd set the game after all of that. However from a player perspective having an army of psychic detectives out there might have been...difficult.

And while we'll have to see how Lemon responds, you may have only made the prospect of the psychic option more tantilizing. Since he isn't Nisei like at all (as far as I can tell) presumably he'd then be an early version for a different model line. Actually since the Nisei's sound like they're crazy powerful, it's possible his line came first and just wasn't nearly as potent while being prone to vices, but was perhaps a stepping stone. Maybe with the first batch eventually being relegated to ill treatment while going around imploding buildings in dangerous environments. Or if Lemon wants it spicy the "escaped prototype" might work as well yes?
    I am totally cool with that. After all "Nisei" does translate to "second generation" so its kind of begging the issue of a first
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a question. What types of Mods do Bioroids and Cyborgs have? Seeing as the technology in this game seem to be far future I was simply wondering what we could outfit our characters with and the limits behind them?

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll let you come up with whatever mods you want and then just run it by me. You should be fine as long as you don't make yourself have an overpowering number and quality of mods. Remember, most of you are relatively poor at the moment. Kind of subsistance criminals as it were so you can't always afford the best mods. That also means I might deny some of your mods for now, but they might not be off the table and later on you could afford them. This goes for everyone not just cyborgs and bioroids. If you want to run starting gear by me (weapons, explosive, RIGs, etc) but keep in mind what stuff you might see yourself using once your rich and can afford the Monolith (the best hacker console available, and EGGREGIOUSLY expensive at that).

This will make working with the corps very important as depending on who your enemies are you might have to pay a black market premium if you want to get new mods. E.G. there's a reason no bioroids come out against HB. Not only might they get killed, but it becomes VERY difficult to get the best parts and maintainance. On the other hand form good relations with a Corp could lead to perks. e.g. friends with Weyland could get better weapons and a sweet new hangout spot.

Corps don't exist just to be your enemies.
    Last edited by Luzifer; 08-19-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So I’ve been going through the different posts here. I think we might have reached something that everyone could agree on. If this is the sort of thing Luzifer was looking for I think we’d just have to add detail to our bios and flesh out gear and such before being ready to do something. (I’m kind of pushing to go as I’m worried I’d lose people if we wait to long before getting into a game thread, though we can take longer. However, I don't know about you, but this already has some length to it).
    @Princess Lemon @Hollow Ichigo @Enemyraidz @Nitro245

One other thing first, I’d been toying with the idea of making a team based post-cyberpunk themed game. One concern with playing such a thing on this forum is that it would be really easy to get blocked. You could easily end up in a situation where you need an entire team (five people in this case) being reliable posters to move forward. One person drops and everybody could be stuck. That’s a recipe for disaster here. A rule I thought might make such a thing viable is a gameplay concept I was thinking of calling “the training takes over.” Named after something you hear about in military settings. Basically if a player goes inactive for 48 hours without a post, than, if their characters are blocking team posting they act as NPCs and do the sorts of things they’re trained to do in a straightforward way (presumably Luzifer would handle this). This wasn’t meant to be punishment, the characters wouldn’t do suicidal stuff, and the player is always welcome to jump right back in any time they want to. How would you guys feel about agreeing to give that a try?

Anyway, so to combine the stuff from the different OOC post. I’ll start with Quinn, because, well, he was fighting before the other characters came into existence.

Quinn starts out joining the military at 18 and after four years moved into special forces, getting equipped with what were at that time bleeding edge cybernetics. After twenty years of service he reached retirement age for the military. He blew much of the money to keep most of his cybernetic enhancements and joined up with Weyland. He worked a stint for them. Paranoia about getting hacked led him to spend a lot of his money on a then cutting edge RIG and a bunch of software and training. Eventually his distaste for some of the jobs he was getting and how much of his money went into equipment drove him to strike out on his own. “The A Team Security Services” shell company was created(to provide a “drop box” for contact and money laundering).

Fate was on the team from the start. She was a fiery one and told Quinn and the other members off more than he liked, but he respected her skill and needed someone like her. For her part she was in deep deep debt so she puts up with the old man. The other members of the team at that time were “Betty” a combat cyborg that acted as their point man, and “AL” a G-mod runner that Quinn and Fate knew from time in Weyland.

They might have been a somewhat typical team until Marcus put a message in their drop box to arrange a meet. It turned out he was a Jinteki clone. One of the “Issei” line of prototype demolition clones, designed to have predictive psychic abilities to foresee disaster (presumably Luzifer will handle what is known when). A number of units were quietly produced and put into testing. However their abilities were erratic and their personalities addiction prone and, as far as Jinteki was concerned, they were unreliable. The line was discontinued and the lessons learned were put into the Nisei line. The surviving Issei continued to be used for Jinteki only operation and treatment got worse, and management sometimes treated psychic warnings as made up excuses to avoid work. This got Marcus injured, giving him his scar. But the chaos of the destruction gave him an opportunity to use his abilities to escape. The team was initially unsure about protecting him, but eventually his capabilities won them over and he’s been working with them since, masquerading as a regular human with the name Marcus "Scar" Raines.

The team later grew when they needed more people for a big job against a Jinteki facility. Quinn managed to add Thrasher to the team. Quinn knew Thrasher from his time with Weyland. Back then Thrasher was still a minor, but Weyland didn’t seem to mind. The child soldier was already deadly and effective from his time in the Meditaranian wars, and as Weyland moved to muscle in on the reconstruction contracts it seemed like they were made for each other. But Weyland proved to be a bit…pushy for Thrashers tastes, so he was looking for work outside Weyland when Quinn was looking. The team also found Spades online, railing about secret projects and human captivity at the very site the team was planning to hit. The group contacted him, and he was eager to help for some reason. The team was suspicious, but his intel proved accurate and valuable. The mission was helped immensely by releasing and arming the prisoners, most of them from runner teams. While most of the prisoners made a mad and violent dash for safety, one of them, Mavis, stuck with the team. He’d managed to learn a lot about the lay of the facility and the security chief there. Frankly he impressed them all and after they escaped they decided to ask Mavis to join up. Since Mavis had seemingly lost the crew he used to work with, he agreed.

They were now a pretty cohesive and sizeable team. But then they had their “simple little job”. It was supposed to be a simple run against a small corp, just a data grab for some medical implant blueprints. Things were going smooth enough, the job asked the team to keep a low profile and the guards had been stunned easily enough. The first sign of trouble as when AL started screaming after he finished downloading the files, and something in the system fried his brain. Soon it seemed like drones were everywhere. Reinforcements came so fast that if the team and taken cover as a team normally would they’d have been overrun. But Betty had charged out there in a surprise counterattack, and the rest of the team was able to make a break for it. She tried to follow, but by then her legs had taken too much damage, Quinn started to go back for her, only to see her get blown to bits.

The team then stayed low and licked their wounds for a while. Wondering about what happened and what they would do next. They didn’t even have a runner anymore! What were they supposed to do? The team isn’t so quick to trust, and even if they did bring in another friend, what if they got ground up doing the dangerous work of AL and Betty? Eventually, after much debate, it was decided to get some bioroids. The shell company should be able to make them look legitimate enough to get a pair, and everyone was pretty sure they’d never done anything to piss off Haas-Bioroid.

Today the bioroids are supposed to arrive.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 08-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.

7. Thanks Enemyraidz thanked for this post
    Likes Princess Lemon, Hollow Ichigo liked this post
    Member Enemyraidz has a spectacular aura about Enemyraidz has a spectacular aura about Enemyraidz's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Great stuff I will tweak the profile and add a bio base today.

"If I were to become a lost cause or lose my way, all I ask is that you remember me. Being forgotten is far too cruel."

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: overlorddarthfluffles

Sorry I haven't been up to speed or putting in a great deal of input, I feel I should but I've been a bit busy this week and out of it. Tack on running 2 D&D campaigns (well I'm about to drop one) it can be a bit hard to keep up to speed on brainstorm.

Otherwise, first of all on Marcus. Marcus being a "first generation" or Mk I clone sounds like a good idea and he doesn't need some super spicy escape. A simple "the supervisors said 'stop being lazy go work' resulting in injury and a chance for Marcus to escape fits perfectly. Being the way he is, he'd just make up a story each time he meets a girl at the club to sound awesome. Since he's been with the team a bit, he'd be open to giving everyone a warning. I feel it'd be best for Luzifer to inform me (either in OOC, PM, or in the RP--I've honestly never done an RP like this so I don't know how that would be handled) when his power goes off and he gets a warning.

Onto Spades, his is pretty straight forward and totally support this. I still have to figure out which company he'll have it in for. I'm thinking Weyland since he was a low-level guard/grunt and reading up on them they like to do "hostile takeover" and what not. So he could have done some fighting for them, taking in some training and while he was on the verge of promotion he snooped a bit too much which lead to a supervisor doing something nasty. The rest of his back story could be his father worked for the New Angeles Police Department and was killed on duty. His father could have enrolled him in some martial art classes as a kid since, being a cop and seeing the low life, felt his son should learn to defend himself. His mother could have had a hard time, so he had to work some odd jobs here and there until he landed a grunt position in Weyland. There he just lived a normal grunt life, getting a girlfriend and helping take care of his mom. I don't want the thing that happens to Spades be SO DRAMATIC LIKE the supervisor kills his mother and girlfriend, but something nasty enough to betray Spades and have him resent the company. Maybe just being framed and no investigation is given for him, despite that through the years he was a bit reputable due to his talents and he felt thrown aside and unappreciated.

Edit:

I may instead go withh Hass-Bioroid working as a guard/security there. in line for a promotion before seeing thing and doing some snooping. I don't know, it's a tough choice between the two corporations.
    Last edited by Princess Lemon; 08-20-2013 at 02:44 PM.

10. Likes Enemyraidz liked this post
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here is what I have so far:
    Bio: Mavis’ life is one racked with hardship and betrayals, inducted into a private experimental army ran by Weyland Corp at a young age, Mavis has been training the majority of his life. As he exceled the experiments on him became more extreme as his handlers demanded more and more from him. Unable to escape the organization him and his small team of three were tasked with nearly impossible missions and excruciating testing. At first there were 25 kids in the project but thanks to testing and difficult missions all but three members of that group are left. Of the three Mavis ended up becoming estranged and betrayed on their last mission. Jinteki had been running a child experimental army of their own and Mavis as well as the other remaining two of his own group was sent into exterminate the children who were all fresh younger captives. At a critical point in the mission Mavis had a change of heart however, and ended up being turned on by the rest of his team. As he narrowly defended the children evading and fighting both his own group and Jinteki guards he was able to free the children. But his romantic interest a fellow member of the group used her charm to convince Mavis that she had changed her mind and wanted to join him. In the end she simply used him to help escape and betrayed him again leaving him to be captured by the Jinteki guards. Imprisoned and routinely tortured Mavis was fitted with a electric prison band on his neck which by issuing nearly lethal electric shocks kept him in line. Unable to tell exactly how much time had pass Mavis became darker mentally and plotted at every turn how he would escape able to figure every detail but the band on his neck. Luckily Quinn and his team ended up infiltrating the facility, though distrusting at first Mavis found himself impressed with their skill and they felt the same. With their help he was able to reek some revenge and escape. Mavis the way his mind was would have probably moved on from the group and written them off. However Quinn’s decision to prioritize removing Mavis’ collar caused Mavis to become exceptionally loyal to the group. Though outspoken and difficult his respect for Quinn’s choice no matter how he may complain is always obvious. Mavis also at times finds himself looking out for Thrasher possibly as he finds himself relating to his child soldier experience. Though coldly at times he periodically shows concern and offers advisement.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lemon View Post
    Otherwise, first of all on Marcus. Marcus being a "first generation" or Mk I clone sounds like a good idea and he doesn't need some super spicy escape. A simple "the supervisors said 'stop being lazy go work' resulting in injury and a chance for Marcus to escape fits perfectly. Being the way he is, he'd just make up a story each time he meets a girl at the club to sound awesome. Since he's been with the team a bit, he'd be open to giving everyone a warning. I feel it'd be best for Luzifer to inform me (either in OOC, PM, or in the RP--I've honestly never done an RP like this so I don't know how that would be handled) when his power goes off and he gets a warning.
    That fits fine enough with what is above.

Onto Spades, his is pretty straight forward and totally support this. I still have to figure out which company he'll have it in for. I'm thinking Weyland since he was a low-level guard/grunt and reading up on them they like to do "hostile takeover" and what not. So he could have done some fighting for them, taking in some training and while he was on the verge of promotion he snooped a bit too much which lead to a supervisor doing something nasty. The rest of his back story could be his father worked for the New Angeles Police Department and was killed on duty. His father could have enrolled him in some martial art classes as a kid since, being a cop and seeing the low life, felt his son should learn to defend himself. His mother could have had a hard time, so he had to work some odd jobs here and there until he landed a grunt position in Weyland. There he just lived a normal grunt life, getting a girlfriend and helping take care of his mom. I don't want the thing that happens to Spades be SO DRAMATIC LIKE the supervisor kills his mother and girlfriend, but something nasty enough to betray Spades and have him resent the company. Maybe just being framed and no investigation is given for him, despite that through the years he was a bit reputable due to his talents and he felt thrown aside and unappreciated.

Edit:

I may instead go withh Hass-Bioroid working as a guard/security there. in line for a promotion before seeing thing and doing some snooping. I don't know, it's a tough choice between the two corporations.
    If you're still deciding on corp, how about sticking with Jinteki as above? Please not Hass-Bioroid as I don't think we'd have bought from them if we'd hit 'em hard and one of our members had a public grudge with them. We've also got a number of people with existing links to Weyland that are on a sort of positive side in the sense of being a source of work/resources. We don't want to piss off all the corps necessarily. Though NBN doesn't show up at all in anything anyone has put forward.

What I have above was going with an idea for how Mavis could be in a position to be rescued. The idea was that Jinteki had two problems:
    They wanted people to experiment on for their research
    They had captured runners on hand
    And so they were doing the logical thing. Which bothered Spades(maybe he had some relation, or not, or he was bothered about something else entirely and was just brining that detail up). (I suppose an alternative was that Spades and Mavis were all that remained of a previous team, but you'd want to talk to them about that).

Though again swapping in NBN or some other smaller corp would be an option, so long as they were tough enough to merit extra personnel.

We could also disjoint things a little bit, like the Mavis job and Spades beef were entirely separate events, or even that Spades beef is a side thing and doesn't have anything to do with how or why he joined the team.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 08-20-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Mavis and Spade on the same team at some point does sound kind of cool.

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@sunnyside - Right! That's a good point, it completely skipped my mind. Looking a bit I was considering Melange Mining Corporation, such as him moving from New Angeles to there. Perhaps there he could have been picked up by Jinteki (taking a better job offering)

@Enemyraidz - The upper can lead to Spades working as a guard where Mavis was and witnessed some of the torture and what not which unsettled him, causing him to snoop around more or perhaps conspire to help Mavis escape which lead to Jinteki going "well screw you too, you little poop" to Spades. From there it can be when Spades was betrayed it could have been at a convenient time when the A Team was infiltrating in and Spades helped them around with intel? Or at an inconvenient time when he was betrayed and let go before the A Team can show up.

Those are just some scenarios

I really like the idea of Mavis and Spades perhaps being on a team before. It would just be a question of when, since Mavis was a child soldier and around then Spades was in his teens to 20 (possibly early 20's) depending on the age you went through training and the age all those various fights and betrayal happened. I could perhaps edit the current backstory of Spades too.

Also, for Spades equipment, I was wondering if he could have what is seen in the picture. Light combat armor (like a bullet proof vest?), two small SMG's with blades on them, a sword and maybe his helmet can have night vision? This is for @Luzifer to approve and such

Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Though again swapping in NBN or some other smaller corp would be an option, so long as they were tough enough to merit extra personnel.
    Poor NBN, guess being the leader in information isn't as cool as being the leader in clones/robots/killin' peeps

Also, for Spades equipment, I was wondering if he could have what is seen in the picture. Light combat armor (like a bullet proof vest?), two small SMG's with blades on them, a sword and maybe his helmet can have night vision? This is for Luzifer to approve and such
    Sure thats fine for the most part. For your armor, specifically, I'm giving you whats called a Muresh Body Suit, very cheap and light armor but it can't take sustained fire, so stealth is still your best bet. Otherwise your good to go.

Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think I am on board either way with Spades and Mavis having been on the same team or Spades and Mavis having contact while he was imprisoned. I like the idea of maybe Spades at some point trained the uber-young Mavis and may have been integral in helping him stand out and ultimately survive. Or fleshing out the imprisonment angle Spades was the only guard that ddin't take part in Mavis' abuse and gave Quinn Mavis' location to help him get freed. I imagine a seen where Quinn enters a super secret lower chamber where only Mavis was held, to which Mavis asks how did you find me. Quinn would say "Your Buddy Spades, he said you'd know the name." And we could play off something like that. But I am open to making changes or what have you to make it work. Excited to see this thing take off.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Or at an inconvenient time when he was betrayed and let go before the A Team can show up.
    That would work with the "finding him online" angle. Though we don't have to stick with that.

I really like the idea of Mavis and Spades perhaps being on a team before. It would just be a question of when, since Mavis was a child soldier and around then Spades was in his teens to 20 (possibly early 20's) depending on the age you went through training and the age all those various fights and betrayal happened. I could perhaps edit the current backstory of Spades too.
    Thrasher is the current child soldier. But we could have two (maybe even though they didn't know each other before they could "get" each other somewhat?)
    @Enemyraidz can maybe fill those details in.

Otherwise I think we might all be in alignment.

Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sounds goods good to me @sunnyside I can try to come up a little something tonight as long as everyone is cool with it.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enemyraidz View Post
    I can try to come up a little something tonight as long as everyone is cool with it.
    When I first read that I thought you were saying that you would put something together. Now it sounds like you're waiting for us to ask you to do so before writing something up. I guess just to be on the safe side, my hope is:

...and then we'll see if Lemon likes it.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 08-22-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Gil
    Starving
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'll probably like it, I'm really open with Spades---just the scenario of him helping Mavis train and him being the not jerk guard are both REALLY lovely. It's kind of hard to pick, so I'll wait and see and bounce off that if need be. Or accept it.

ALSO SORRY I misread about the child soldier thing, got my bits a bit mixed

Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay awesome lol. I will be done with it soon. Finishing up now. Thanks all. Maybe in a little bit work getting busy today.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

What I have so far will clean up later.

Infiltration Mission: Mavis on a mission to eradicate a child soldier research center found himself betrayed and Captured. Having spent most his life as a child soldier and lab rat for a slew of experiments the idea of exterminating children in the same situation didn’t sit well with him. Pleading with his other, former child soldier, team members Mavis found himself at a crossroad. Refusing to kill the children and helping them escape lead to a series of events that would shape and change him forever. Stacy a fellow member of the three member team was Mavis’ romantic interest; though they never formally dated they were known as a couple. Akrid who as far as Mavis knew was his best friend; however Mavis in their eyes had been showing signs of growing soft. These revelations about Mavis were brought to a head with this incident concerning children. Mavis ended up succeeding at saving the children though it meant he had to fight not only Akrid and Stacy, it meant he had to face the guards. Exhausted and riddled with injuries he was on the verge of escaping himself. However the troubled Stacy lulled him into an area for guard ambush so that she could escape in the chaos. What followed next was imprisonment and tortuous experimenting. Taken to lowest floor of the facility, unknown to all but the more elite guards and trusted personnel, Mavis was as good as dead. Most of the guards took part in his mistreatment or simply ignored it, save for one. Spades, who only recently had gained the access to the area ended up paying him a visit, standing outside Mavis’ ultra-reinforced glass prison, Spades had to know more. Though not knowing much about Mavis, Spades was interested what crime would land a man that kind of punishment. Low rations, torturous experimentations, and no contact with anyone. Spades through his own investigation found out Mavis was 1 of three infiltrators, and read in a file their most likely intention was killing the children soldiers being trained and raised. Only it didn’t quite add up the videos clearly showed Mavis freeing and protecting the children from not only his own group but other guards. The facility fearing news of their projects getting out wanted the children killed rather than escaping. This revelation made Spades sick, but he had an idea. Spades had heard for a long time through an outside connection he had that the very competent Quinn and his team was planning to assault the facility in a few months. Unfortunately Spades’ employers knew all about it and without intervention Quinn and his group would suffer heavy casualties. So Spades paid Mavis another visit but this time they actually spoke. Ingeniously they spoke having two conversations at once, on the surface they spoke openly about who each other were. But using the glass wall they used Morse-code to discuss the events to come. As Morse-code does lack some efficiency this went on for months. The ended up getting to know about each other and Mavis was able to compile the information on how the facility was ran and where critical mission points would be. However Mavis was unsure whether or not to trust Spades and more importantly Mavis was in an ultra-secure area how would Quinn’s team even find him. So as to not raise suspicion Spades stopped paying the visits. Quinn’s team and their infiltration was for some reason delayed, Mavis began to have doubts. Was he once again being betrayed, was this a cruel joke being played as a new form of torture. Discouraged he started to not accept food often and simply imagining the cruelty he would inflict on those who betrayed him. Quinn’s team however did make to the facility and they were met with heavy resistance. However this was the time Spades prepared for sending a voice message to Quinn detailing the location of Mavis and explaining Mavis’ knowledge of the areas and guard routine. Quinn, trusted the Intel enough to consider it and through much effort they made it to Mavis. A bond was formed that day when Quinn came to the glass wall and said, “Your buddy Spades said you could help us out.” Quinn’s team was shocked and at first concerned with Mavis’ wild reaction. Cackling like a wild ravenous animal Mavis with Quinn’s guidance laid waste to much of the facility and with relative ease. Spades was eventually found out and ambushed Quinn’s team now strongly urged and guided by Mavis set out to assist him. The group now including what was left of Quinn’s team, Mavis and Spades, escaped with the data they came for. Just before exiting though Spades and Quinn prioritized removing the prisoner neckband from Mavis freeing him completely. Though Mavis burns inside out, with a rage and hatred for the guards and former team members who put him in that position. His loyalty to the newly formed group became equally unwavering. Spades and Mavis became strong allies and though Mavis can be difficult and cold his respect shows most in situations of high stress.
    Last edited by Enemyraidz; 08-23-2013 at 10:53 AM.

22. Likes Princess Lemon liked this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ALSO SORRY I misread about the child soldier thing, got my bits a bit mixed
    I guess we're going with it now. :P Plus I'm not sure if @Nitro245 is still with us, so maybe this would be our only child soldier.

@Enemyraidz

Getting found out about way ahead of time is usually a sign of NOT being competent, but you can't control information at your employers level. So I guess that works. We'd have to check with @Luzifer if that's something Jinteki would do, of if we should make up some minor corp or affiliate for it.

Oh and one other thing, how would you guys feel about at least starting off on runs trying to use non lethal weapons? I'm not sure what options we'd have in this setting since stuff would need to affect people and mechanicals. However electricity affects both, so maybe some futuristic version of an xrep?

(The advertisment for the real thing)

(
    Last edited by sunnyside; 08-23-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Senior Member Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2014 05:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nitro245

@sunnyside

Hey man, don't count me out. I'm still here, and I still plan on playing this

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro245 View Post
    @sunnyside

Hey man, don't count me out. I'm still here, and I still plan on playing this
    Sweet

You cool with all the stuff above?

Senior Member Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J has a reputation beyond repute Thrasher J's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2014 05:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nitro245

Sweet

You cool with all the stuff above?
    More than ok with it. I'm loving it so far, and the rp hasn't even started.

Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Non-lethal may be difficult but very interesting to place in. But it would add an interesting dynamic if this was an issue the team had an open debate about.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enemyraidz View Post
    Non-lethal may be difficult but very interesting to place in. But it would add an interesting dynamic if this was an issue the team had an open debate about.
    I could see that being an area of tension, with Quinn trying to push the non-lethal stuff and/or shoot to wound stuff with lethal means only when times are desperate or against certain targets Quinn considers valid, and the rest of the team...being a bit looser with when they feel times are sufficiently desperate. Our group might have a flavor of mutual respect and functionality, but we might have a number of things like that.

Like maybe the child soldiers have some issues when kids are involved (not wanting to attack them at all, or maybe taking jobs they shouldn't or for less money than they could get when kids are involved)

29. Likes Enemyraidz liked this post
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Exactly my line of thinking. Tension is great for driving a story.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information