AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: rate this anime

Voters
685. You may not vote on this poll

36 5.26%

5 0.73%

13 1.90%

9 1.31%

22 3.21%

21 3.07%

33 4.82%

106 15.47%

89 12.99%

351 51.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [TV series] Naruto

Junior Member Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 08:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: [TV series] Naruto

I really like the series, but unfortunately, like the opinion of many people, it sometimes gets too predictable and repetitive. Character development could have been handled much better. Overall I think Naruto has more unexploited potential, Kishi just has to handle the character development better. And focus less on the characters he obviously has overpowered to the bone.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i hate animes that dont know when to end. like bleach and this anime
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Junior Member Bebop88 is on a distinguished road Bebop88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2012 08:32 PM
    Threads

Great anime

Senior Member Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I attempt to review this anime series as much as I can as of late, but had to put the manga on hold to focus on just the anime.
    (When I review I have a hard time pronouncing the names of some characters)

YouTube Review Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...-&feature=plcp

Junior Member delmertjd is on a distinguished road delmertjd's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2012 01:17 AM
    Threads

Default TV series Naruto

I suggest Adding these 3 series...
    Kamen Rider Den-O
    Kamen Rider W Double
    Kamen Rider OOO OOZ

Kamen Rider Den-O and W are Completed Series but Kamen Rider OOO is a new series that started September 5th. So right now it currently has 1 Episode out right now and it comes out weekly.

Member Nephiz is on a distinguished road Nephiz's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts IPhone
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:53 PM
    Threads

(6/10) overall review: Poor animations and lot of fillers.

Senior Member Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2021 10:15 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nephiz View Post
    (6/10) overall review: Poor animations and lot of fillers.
    1st season had not the best animation but if you look at Shippuden series it has quite good graphics
    as for fillers ... maybe but to say they ruin anime would be totally wrong,plot still great and have many ways to develop it

Overall: 9/10

Member Nephiz is on a distinguished road Nephiz's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts IPhone
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kāito View Post
    1st season had not the best animation but if you look at Shippuden series it has quite good graphics
    as for fillers ... maybe but to say they ruin anime would be totally wrong,plot still great and have many ways to develop it

Overall: 9/10
    oh, i thought this was naruto shippuden <.<
    to naruto classic i give 8/10, the sasuke thing in the end i didn't like it

Junior Member Alamros is on a distinguished road Alamros's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:40 AM
    Threads

Story (9.9/10)
    The 0.1 part that i personally didn't like is *SPOILERS* the beginning of the world story. Like where chakra came from, the tree, and all that shiz. There were too many plot holes there and because i'm an Agnostic (please don't flame me for this), i just couldn't appreciate the part as much as others could i guess. But other than this, Naruto is heart-breaking and heart-warming and it's extremely lovely.

Characters (10/10)
    Everyone is beautiful. Every single one of them. *SPOILERS* yes, that Karin girl was still cray cray about Sasuke even though he stabbed her before and she swore that she didn't like him anymore, never mind that she wanted to lick him all over during the freaking war haha. yes, there are some characters that people keep complaining about ( #ANTISAKURA #ANTIHINATA #ANTIANTIANTI )and whatnot. but the point is, every single character in Naruto is beautiful. their stories, their personalities, everything about them.

Art/animation (8/10)
    i actually don't pay as much attention to the animation and i'm really no good at art, but for me it's pretty good.

Voice acting/music (10/10)
    just like how i don't pay as much attention to animation, the same goes with voice acting. but the music oh wow the music. every time, every single freaking time i listen to Naruto music i either get goosebumps and feel like crying or get goosebumps and feel like performing top-class ninjutsu/taijutsu and killing someone in the process. though there are a few exceptions i guess? a few of them are super creepy and i rarely listen to them. one, i remember, is Akatsuki's theme song i think. other than those select few, the music is hella precious.

Overall (10/10)
    NARUTO IS CRAZY BEAUTIFUL. I DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO ELABORATE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT REALLY IS WITHOUT SPOILING IT SO THAT IS ALL.

Junior Member skcrex is on a distinguished road skcrex's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2013 11:06 PM
    Threads

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]I've heard a lot of people call this the most overrated anime of all time.

So is it really?

Well, that depends on who you ask. Me? I'm one of the guys who loves it. This is the anime that got me into anime in the first place. So why should you read my review as opposed to the hundred others? Because I'll try to show you both what everyone gripes about and what they love about the show. Bear with me on this review, as it will be a little long, but since the anime I'm reviewing is pretty long, I have a lot to cover.

Story (10/10) - Ok, a lot of people gripe about the story of Naruto, saying it's cliche, moves too slowly, isn't interesting, or whatever. I have to admit, some of these complaints are well-founded. So why did I give it a 10/10? Because the story is so complex and well-done. A lot of this won't become obvious until Naruto: Shippudden, but this is a review of the original series, so, I digress.

Naruto is set in a fictional universe where Shinobi (Ninja) are basically the entire cast. Most Shinobi aren't mercenaries, but instead, fight to protect their village, and complete missions to earn money for it. The main character is one such Shinobi, name "Naruto" (hence, the name of the series). Naruto is a rebellious, disrespectful, punk, yet he still wants to become a great ninja. He even aspires to become "Hokage" (the lead ninja of his village). While this may sound pretty cliche, you'll quickly realize that Naruto has a long way to go before he has any hope of becoming Hokage.

This series goes through a lot of twists and turns. The story is too complicated to try to explain in this review, but the further along you go, you'll find that Naruto aspirations aren't easy to live up to. In the very first arc, Naruto and his companions are confronted by a powerful Shinobi who wants to kill the man they have been assigned to protect. The battle that ensued is what got me hooked on this show.

The fights in general are nothing short of brilliant. If you like action, this anime is for you! The battles will have you on the edge of your seat, and you won't be able to stop until you see how the fight is concluded. I also enjoy watching the characters learn new moves and apply them in combat situations. You'll see Naruto change from an annoying little punk, to a ninja who people actually start to respect for his perseverance and strength.

Now, for the things people gripe about in this show. Oftentimes, a fight scene will be interrupted by a flashback or monologue, and this can get dull at times. I didn't mind so much the first time around, but it does hurt the rewatch value a bit. The story can move slowly at times, but most of the slowness is because of how complex the story truly is. The further you go, the deeper you'll see things get.

Another thing people gripe about is the length. While it's true that 220 episodes is quite an undertaking, it's really not necessary to watch more than the first 135 episodes. Yes, you heard me correctly friends. The last 85 episodes of the show are nothing but a desolate wasteland, inhabited by nothing but the pile of vomit known as "filler". I only watched the first 40 episodes of filler before I'd had enough, and skipped on to Shippudden. Some of the filler arcs are truly terrible. You'll sit back and wonder how the creators of the show had the audacity to slap the name "Naruto" to the garbage you've been viewing (if you're brave enough to bother watching it). Hence, my review only covers the non-filler portions of the show. Do yourself a favor and skip the filler. It really isn't worth your time.

Art (7/10) - Here the show isn't as strong. While the art is never distinctly poor, it's also not great either. I suppose at times it can't be helped when making a series as long as this one. The animation is often stepped up for fights, or more intense parts of the show, which does help considerably. The art is at least passable, and I was never really bothered by it. Definitely not a show you watch for the eye-popping scenery, though.

Sound (7/10) - I must say that I really did enjoy the music at first. While it tended to use synthesizers a bit more than I cared for, it still distinctly fit the mood of the show. Some of the battle music was catchy, and managed to combine electric guitar with more traditional sounding string or wind instruments. However, the creators of the show didn't seem to think it was necessary to update their musical score once in awhile. This wouldn't have been a problem if the show wasn't 220 episodes long. Music that I had once enjoyed, began to grow a bit overused by the end of the series. It never grew to the point of bothering me, but had the show gone on much longer before the filler started, I might have thought differently. The music is good, just used for a few too many episodes.

The voice acting was easily good enough for me as well. Not outstanding, but never distinctly bad either. Just don't watch the dubbed version. Naruto's voice alone will be enough to drive you insane.

Character (9/10) - Getting to know the cast can be a bit daunting at first. I've never taken the time to count, but there must be at least 30+ characters who get a decent amount of screen time in this show. While this sounds very cumbersome, it actually helps the show quite a bit. each character has their own unique back story and their own battle techniques. While one might think that ninja from a particular village all use the same techniques, this couldn't be further from the truth. The styles of combat are so diverse, that it makes for some VERY interesting fight sequences. Sometimes one character is at a distinct disadvantage, and is forced to out think his opponent in order to win. If it weren't for the brilliantly done fights and interesting characters, this show would lose a lot of it's value.

There is one drawback to all of these characters, though. Sometimes, a somewhat minor character will have a flashback in the middle of a fight. It does help to have some context for why they fight, but it gets old at times, especially if it's a minor character that no one really cares about. Despite this problem, the show does a good job of somehow making you hate a character in the beginning, and totally changing your opinion of them at one point or another. I can think of several examples of this.

Another problem is that some of the main characters (aka Naruto) are kind of annoying. Naruto is honestly a complete moron in the beginning, and you probably won't like him much at first. He gets better as things go along, but you'll still cringe at him a few times early on. Another annoying character is the lead female: Sakura. Sakura spends the entire series being obsessed with Sasuke (the third member of Naruto and Sakura's three-man team) and never really does anything worthwhile. She spends her time sitting on the sidelines of fights and cheering for Naruto and Sasuke (she gets better in Shippudden, but once again, this isn't a Shippudden review). While this didn't bother me at first, it got kind of annoying when all Sakura could do for the entire series was yell "Sasuke, Sasuke!" But anyway, moving right along. Their sensei, Kakashi, is very calm and cool, and helps to balance out this team of knuckleheads. Naruto's an idiot, Sakura's useless, and Sasuke's a child prodigy, yet somehow, Kakashi turns them into a functional ninja team. An impressive feat, if you ask me.

To sum it up, whatever shortcomings these characters have, you'll still find yourself rooting for them as they are put through fight after fight, trying to protect their village, the people they love, and what they believe in. For every character that annoys you, there will be at least one that you genuinely love. Even though I did a lot of complaining about the three central characters, I still found myself rather attached to them by the end of the series. The characters will do a good job of making you laugh throughout the series, and it helps to lighten the mood when you sometimes least expect it.

As you can see based on the 9/10 I gave the characters, I definitely grew to like them. Despite all the complaints people have, the characters are still very well done.

Enjoyment (10/10) - It's hard to be objective on this part of the review. I enjoyed it tremendously, but there are plenty of people who don't. I'd say give it a chance and see what you think. You'll probably know whether or not you'll like the show after the first arc is finished, which is about 17 episodes.

Overall (10/10)- Were we on a slightly more precise scale, I might give it a 9.5. I've already said that I enjoyed it a lot, but let me try to sum things up for you:

Pros: Lots of action! There are a lot of very well-done fights, which is one of the strongest points of the show. The characters are a good bit better than average, with a few annoying exceptions. The story is long, and complex, but very good.

Cons: It's a long anime. 135 episodes (non-filler) for just the original series is a sizable undertaking. Some of the main characters are a bit on the annoying side, and it takes a few episodes before they grow up a little. The long filler arc at the end also turns people off, especially those who feel compelled to watch an entire anime without skipping the filler.
    Last edited by skcrex; 10-26-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Junior Member RME is on a distinguished road RME's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2014 05:05 AM
    Threads

Story (7/10)
    I love Naruto's strong willed attitude. The stroy is pretty okay. Just sometimes I think Naruto should give up finding sasuke.

Characters (9/10)
    Naruto, Hinata, Neji, and Kiba I think are really awesome. The ones who should not be named I never understood, or got on my nerve to much.

Voice Acting (10/10)
    I feel like I am the only one who likes the Dubbed version. I rather watch the anime then read it. I also respect the Dub voice actor/actresses because I am sure that saying your line and having to match it with there mouth is hard work. They don't have the advantage of voice acting before the animation was created.

Overall (8/10)
    I am more of a bleach fan but Naruto is a can't pass up anime really awesome.

Junior Member margarethelzer is on a distinguished road margarethelzer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 10:15 PM
    Threads

i love naruto so much, i am always followed the series the was shown in anime site, also read from manga.. the story is great,, all in all its amazing anime series.
    Chatwing can be an alternative and online chat solution for bloggers and websites to offer live chat on sites and provide a great interactive experience for users.

Member Estraya is on a distinguished road Estraya's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2016 05:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've never been able to make it all the way through but I'm restarting today and hoping to not get distracted XD

Junior Member ingiare66 is on a distinguished road ingiare66's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2018 11:30 PM
    Threads

I'm a fan of naruto. I've been reading stories since I was little. It was part of my childhood.
    Chuyên nhận in túi giấy giá rẻ, in lịch tết, in hộp giấy, in tờ rơi,… Xưởng in ấn hà nội mang đến cho bạn sự tin tưởng về chất lượng. Liên hệ nhận báo giá in ấn.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information