AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: presidential election.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Default Re: presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by aerophobia View Post
    i wont deny that...but at the same time he is DEVOTED to the constitution. So what if hes opposed to that, the constitution still protects our rights to believe what we want to believe and he WILL NOT change that.
    "[S]o what"? It says in the first amendment of the Constitution not to make any law respecting an establishment of religion. If he's not following that, then he isn't (completely) devoted to the constitution. Period.

~Made by me~

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ron Paul...His policies, ideas and everything he talks about just make so much sense to me and this has been the first time i have ever really been into politics.
    I do have considerable Libertarian leanings in my political views, so Ron Paul does resonate with me to some degree. However, he is not running as a Libertarian candidate; he is seeking nomination from the Republican Party, and his views have been heavily influenced by Republican conservatism, so while he is the most appealing of the Republican candidates, he won't get my vote because of some of his socially conservative stances.

And, let's face it, he's not gonna be the Republican nominee. :P

Member Random User is on a distinguished road Random User's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2012 06:58 PM
    Threads

Pfft, the Repulblicans are all busy going against each other and if Obama is reelected the nation is just gonna dig an even deeper hole for itself. Personally I think our political system is too flawed for anything to even work properly anymore, and every election in my lifetime has been vote for the lesser evil. I don't even care who wins anymore.

But if I had to choose, I'd vote Vermin Supreme. BECAUSE WHY NOT.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    And, let's face it, he's not gonna be the Republican nominee. :P
    (thinks to myself; I thought he already was...)

Gosh and here I thougth that I already was as un-updated on the american election as I could possibly get... Now this is just bloody embarrassing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11802187 So who is it going to be? ಠ_ಠ

Paul is pretty much the only one I have heard anything about, or well... him and I have also heard some about Romney and Perry aswelll (even if those two hasn't been talked about near as much as Paul).
    If I guess that you think that Romney will be their nominee; am I assuming right? Or do you think it's going to be someone else (who?)? Enligthen me animeyay, just as you use to help me and other foreigners out when it comes to "translate time zones" in the wolf-games. I need the power of your mind!!

*drums with my nails against my desk* Thought, I do find this a little weird... Even other americans in this thread seems to think that Paul will be "the chosen one" for the republicans... but now animeyay is going away from that stream and claims something different... I just feel more confused right now then what I normally do.. lol.

It's not easy sometimes. =)

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Why don't you guys vote for me instead? So much simpler.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I'm going to post some quote from what someone posted elsewhere about obama....

Quote Originally Posted by random user on Yahoo
    Lets face it. Obama has no respect for America. He campaigned on the promise to "fundamentally transform" our country. He has no respect for freedom of religion if he doesn't approve of your beliefs - as in the Catholic stance against birth control and abortion, and disrespects the very system the founders put in place to balance gov't power - so he goes off and acts on his own. He is not fit to be president. Dictator yes. President no.
    To which I replied with the following statement...

Quote Originally Posted by my reply
    It's unconstitutional to base laws on religion anyways. We're founded with a separation of church and state. Not combined with church and state... So he doesn't have to agree with your beliefs.. You don't know what freedom of religion is apparently.. It means you can practice ANY religion here in the U.S. catholic, Muslim, Hindu, etc. And you will not be force to practice one religion only as you have to do in many countries. Please do your history. You have freedom of religion, you don't have to force your beliefs against birth control onto others.. Don't like it? Don't use it.. Don't strip away the freedom of others to use it.. They don't have the same beliefs as you and you should just accept that. To them it's OK to use birth control etc. Let things be and just not partake int he activities.
    Take a swing at that will ya.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

6. Thanks Aulos thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia, Aulos liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    If I guess that you think that Romney will be their nominee; am I assuming right? Or do you think it's going to be someone else (who?)?
    It's going to take a miracle for Paul to become the Republican nominee. To get Republican nomination, a candidate would have to be extremely conservative (their success is somewhat proportional to the amount of their teabagging). They must appeal to the ultra conservative right-wingers and the super religious folks. Ron Paul, influenced considerably by his Libertarian ideologies, probably isn't "conservative" enough to most Republican voters.

If you ask me, Romney is the most likely nominee, although many conservative voters are wary of the fact that he used to be the governor of Massachusetts, one of the most liberal/Democratic states in the US. Moreover, under Romney's watch, Massachusetts saw the legalization of same-sex marriage and enactment of a health care reform, both issues absolutely abhorred by the conservatives/Republicans, so Republican voters have constantly been looking for an alternative to Romney simply because they don't trust him. This is why the Republican Party as a political party hasn't settled on a clear frontrunner yet. They want Romney but their voters don't.

I don't think Gingrich has much chance to win the nomination, but even he is more likely than Paul to become the nominee. So right now it's mainly a contest between Romney and Santorum. By the way, if Santorum becomes the Republican nominee, there's no way he can beat Obama because he is way too conservative and religious, so independent votes will flee from him in flocks in the general election,

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Why don't you guys vote for me instead? So much simpler.

What a shame though, you'd have to be an American-born American citizen.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's going to take a miracle for Paul to become the Republican nominee. To get Republican nomination, a candidate would have to be extremely conservative (their success is somewhat proportional to the amount of their teabagging). They must appeal to the ultra conservative right-wingers and the super religious folks. Ron Paul, influenced considerably by his Libertarian ideologies, probably isn't "conservative" enough to most Republican voters.
    But Paul has been talked about the most, has he not? Then even if he doesn't fall in the taste with the most conservetive ones; still why not going with him? If people are talked about him the most, doesn't that make him popular? Wouldn't choosing him give them a better chance at winning the election?

If you ask me, Romney is the most likely nominee,

although many conservative voters are wary of the fact that he used to be the governor of Massachusetts, one of the most liberal/Democratic states in the US. Moreover, under Romney's watch, Massachusetts saw the legalization of same-sex marriage and enactment of a health care reform, both issues absolutely abhorred by the conservatives/Republicans, so Republican voters have constantly been looking for an alternative to Romney simply because they don't trust him. This is why the Republican Party as a political party hasn't settled on a clear frontrunner yet.
    They want Romney but their voters don't.
    So... those who very conservative want Romney that was in the leaderposition when Massachusetts legalized same-sex marriage and made an health care reform, but the voters who arn't as conservative doesn't want him? I don't get it. o___o

I don't think Gingrich has much chance to win the nomination, but even he is more likely than Paul to become the nominee.
    So right now it's mainly a contest between Romney and Santorum.
    Can't remember if I have ever heard about Gingrich or Santorum before.. So I guess Romney will be the one for them, since I have atleast heard of him... Even if I still feel a little confused on what you wrote before *face palms myself*.

Is there by the way any chance that the democrats will go with anyone else then Obama?

you'd have to be an American-born American citizen.
    HOW RUDE!!!

No gif/emotion/rage face /other thingi's in the world can reflect the un-fairness with this blasphemy... So I'll go with this one for now;

Seriously; I know you guys want me to be your president... (both consciously and unconsciously)
    . How sad it is that it won't be happening in the near future. ;__;
    Last edited by SuXrys; 02-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

So... those who very conservative want Romney that was in the leaderposition when Massachusetts legalized same-sex marriage and made an health care reform, but the voters who arn't as conservative doesn't want him?
    Let me rephrase myself lol.

Conservative right-wing voters don't like Romney very much because he used to be a very moderate Republican governor of Massachusetts, and the fact that Massachusetts passed gay marriage and healthcare reform doesn't help Romney to gain any trust from the conservatives either. The Republican establishment, i.e. Party leaders, know very well that Romney has the best chance of beating Obama because he is the least conservative of the conservative candidates, so he has the ability to appeal to independent or Centrist voters.

Unfortunately, the Republican Party leaders don't get to pick their candidate; the Republican voters do. A big chunk of the Republican Party's voter base is composed of religious folks and ultra conservatives who currently prefer Santorum over Romney, so Romney will have to put up a fight to get the Republican Party's nomination. The way voters vote dictates the way delegates vote, and the candidate who gathers the vote from 1144 delegates will get the Party nomination.

Here's the current Republican delegate count. Romney is in the lead, but he's still a long way from reaching 1144.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Seriously; I know you guys want me to be your president... (both consciously and unconsciously). How sad it is that it won't be happening in the near future. ;__;
    Trust me, I do! ;D

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Conservative right-wing voters don't like Romney very much because he used to be a very moderate Republican governor of Massachusetts
    Has he changed much since he started to campain for trying to become president?

Unfortunately, the Republican Party leaders don't get to pick their candidate; the Republican voters do.

A big chunk of the Republican Party's voter base is composed of religious folks and ultra conservatives who currently prefer Santorum over Romney
    , so Romney will have to put up a fight to get the Republican Party's nomination.
    But you still think that Romney will get elected?
    Even if he is currently leading, why is he doing that if he is not so liked by "the voters"?

And why is people talking so much about Paul even if he is most likely isn't going to be elected? (judging from that link).

Trust me, I do! ;D
    I hear you bro... So let's for now (before you change that constitution of yours, just for my sake~) go with the next best thing:

Me gusta ~

Last edited by SuXrys; 02-25-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: ... misspelling ... *sighs*

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

Ok, was away for a day so i couldnt check this! But...
    And why is people talking so much about Paul even if he is most likely isn't going to be elected? (judging from that link).
    People really are not really talking about him though and thats the problem. His ignored by the media more than any other candidate really. I'd vote for you @SuXrys :P
    and @animeyay yeh...i would love to see him be the republican nominee but yeh as you said, it probably won't happen.

---------- Post added 02-27-2012 at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-26-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

Very informative video about Ron Paul. If you want to know anything about him i would suggest watching this video.
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

12. Thanks SuXrys thanked for this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

People really are not really talking about him though and thats the problem. His ignored by the media more than any other candidate really. I'd vote for you @SuXrys :P
    and @animeyay yeh...i would love to see him be the republican nominee but yeh as you said, it probably won't happen.
    The Republican presidential nomination process is, like I said, dominated by Teabaggers and ultra-conservative right-wingers, so Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance. He was booed in a debate for suggesting that the US is itself partly to blame for the Muslim world's hostility towards the US, (a fact to which I wholly agree.)

To be fair, though, I think the other candidates somehow agree as well, but they just don't have to guts to say it out loud to a conservative audience. That's what most politicians do: they lie, they say things you want to hear to please you, they get you to elect them, and then they turn their behinds on you and say "Suckers!" Ron Paul, on the other hand, strikes me as being unusually honest and frank for a politician, and that's why he's the only Republican candidate whom I'd consider voting for.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Apparently Santorum posted this but I don't know if it's legit (excuse the meme).

If he really tweeted that and he wins screw the U.S.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

15. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes Thefringedninja, aerophobia liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Xey The Oiz View Post
    Santorum...wins...

17. Likes Xeyuzio liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DerGerman View Post
    will not say what i am thinking for will be banned from AF if i do. stupid left-wing hippie...

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

i'm not too much into politics. but i am in the military and i will not vote for someone who even mentions anything that would make our military weaker. war and freedom is what has made us who we are and i see no reason to change that. one thing is for sure though. obama has got to go. end of story.
    I respect your opinion and will be the first to admit you have ten times the amount of courage that I have to fight for the US.
    However...I am proudly a 'left wing hippy'.
    I live in the UK, so my opinion probably doesn't matter in this debate, but I heard that some of the Republicans want to put more money into the military instead of spending it on public welfare. I think this is ridiculous!
    In the UK we have a national health service which caters for all, rich or poor. My brother has Ulcerative Colitis and I thank god for the NHS everyday, because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to afford his drugs. I don't understand why there is so much opposition to Obama's policy towards healthcare just because Republicans see it as 'Unamerican' (whatever that means)!
    The very idea that money which could be used to help those in dire need would be diverted into what is already one of the largest militaries in the world astounds me.

More money should be diverted to the health system which needs it the most. The US has the highest obesity levels in the world. Also, surely the US needs better after-care for war veterans or injured soldiers (many of which go on to have severe mental illness and alcohol/drug addiction due to trauma)?

Go Obama, go!
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja View Post
    I respect your opinion and will be the first to admit you have ten times the amount of courage that I have to fight for the US.
    However...I am proudly a 'left wing hippy'.
    I live in the UK, so my opinion probably doesn't matter in this debate, but I heard that some of the Republicans want to put more money into the military instead of spending it on public welfare. I think this is ridiculous!
    In the UK we have a national health service which caters for all, rich or poor. My brother has Ulcerative Colitis and I thank god for the NHS everyday, because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to afford his drugs. I don't understand why there is so much opposition to Obama's policy towards healthcare just because Republicans see it as 'Unamerican' (whatever that means)!
    The very idea that money which could be used to help those in dire need would be diverted into what is already one of the largest militaries in the world astounds me.

More money should be diverted to the health system which needs it the most. The US has the highest obesity levels in the world. Also, surely the US needs better after-care for war veterans or injured soldiers (many of which go on to have severe mental illness and alcohol/drug addiction due to trauma)?

Go Obama, go!
    i've always been a rather insensitive bastard. but the way i se everything working right now is more along the lines or "survival of the fittest." if you can't make it on your own, the boo-hoo for you. i've always been a big fan of personal responsibility. and i absolutely hate handouts.
    but that's just me
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Ron Paul for dayzzzzzzzzz

21. Likes aerophobia liked this post
    Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

i've always been a rather insensitive bastard. but the way i se everything working right now is more along the lines or "survival of the fittest." if you can't make it on your own, the boo-hoo for you. i've always been a big fan of personal responsibility. and i absolutely hate handouts.
    but that's just me
    So a big fan of personal responsibility? Ok, thats cool and all but what about the people that need help when somethings besides themselves caused a major problem in their life? A child living in an abusive house? Someone with cancer from second hand smoke? Also, if you hate handouts so much why do you support our broken system right now? unemployment benefits the dumbest thing ever ever ever?
    You must believe that these wars we are in is a good plan for the U.S. Or am i mistaken?
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

23. Thanks Thefringedninja thanked for this post
    Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

So a big fan of personal responsibility? Ok, thats cool and all but what about the people that need help when somethings besides themselves caused a major problem in their life? A child living in an abusive house? Someone with cancer from second hand smoke? Also, if you hate handouts so much why do you support our broken system right now? unemployment benefits the dumbest thing ever ever ever?
    You must believe that these wars we are in is a good plan for the U.S. Or am i mistaken?
    you (and everyone else) won't like my answer, but it sucks to be them. there are more people who live fine lives than not. and you can't save em all.
    and now you're gonna say "but what if you were one of them?"
    then boo-boo for me. i currently am not, and if i ever am, i'll deal with it when i get there.
    as far as supporting things such as unemployment benefits. i never said the system was perfect. it'll never be. thats just how things are. but yea, unemployment is total BS.
    and finally, i'm in the military. so war is very beneficial to me. lol
    i believe we are just continuing to do what brought us to the top in the first place. kicking a$$ and taking names.
    America...F#!K YEA!
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I won't vote for Obama because he's a man-hating prick, who quick to pin all blame on other men while absolving women of any accountability. Just look at his Father's Day speech:

I don't know if he really believes these things or if he's simply fears his wife more than God.

On the other hand, many of the Republican candidates are miserable white knights.

So the only person I'd ever actually vote for is Ron Paul or maybe Gary Johnson.
    Last edited by Wio; 03-03-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

but that's just me
    Fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion.
    However, ask yourself whether you would feel the same if you were in the position of someone living in poverty?
    Some children are born into that situation; it's hard to break that cycle of poverty without them receiving benefits of some kind as more money usually leads to better education and employment prospects. Is it fair that rich people like Romney can afford such lavish lifestyles when other hard-working people who can't find jobs are finding it hard to pay rent?
    I have been fortunate enough to be born into a middle- class family who is good with their money, therefore I have gained an excellent education and hopefully will go on to get a well-paid job. I expect to be taxed then and will be proud to think that my money is going towards giving someone a better living.
    People may be 'responsible', but the pressure of events may lead them to be in dire financial need.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

you (and everyone else) won't like my answer, but it sucks to be them. there are more people who live fine lives than not. and you can't save em all.
    and now you're gonna say "but what if you were one of them?"
    then boo-boo for me. i currently am not, and if i ever am, i'll deal with it when i get there.
    as far as supporting things such as unemployment benefits. i never said the system was perfect. it'll never be. thats just how things are. but yea, unemployment is total BS.
    and finally, i'm in the military. so war is very beneficial to me. lol
    i believe we are just continuing to do what brought us to the top in the first place. kicking a$$ and taking names.
    America...F#!K YEA!
    What do you mean by 'brought us to the top'? Brought you to the top of an economic crisis?
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja View Post
    Fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion.
    However, ask yourself whether you would feel the same if you were in the position of someone living in poverty?
    Some children are born into that situation; it's hard to break that cycle of poverty without them receiving benefits of some kind as more money usually leads to better education and employment prospects. Is it fair that rich people like Romney can afford such lavish lifestyles when other hard-working people who can't find jobs are finding it hard to pay rent?
    I have been fortunate enough to be born into a middle- class family who is good with their money, therefore I have gained an excellent education and hopefully will go on to get a well-paid job. I expect to be taxed then and will be proud to think that my money is going towards giving someone a better living.
    People may be 'responsible', but the pressure of events may lead them to be in dire financial need.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

What do you mean by 'brought us to the top'? Brought you to the top of an economic crisis?
    no. we are such badasses when it gets tour military, that other countries let us continue to borrow money and build up debt. look at greece. the were somewhat similar, only they were weak and got pimp slapped. the only reason no other country has made a move yet is because they know that we'll eff 'em up.

and i already answered that other question.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Once again I don't care for any of the current choices. I've seen some that have more appeal however:

Last edited by T-Stew; 03-04-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    ~ Tristan

29. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information