AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Sailor Moon changed my life

Junior Member AnmA is on a distinguished road AnmA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2012 07:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How Sailor Moon changed my life

Silly, right? Anime is life changing? but picture it, I'm 10 years old and discover a cartoon on cartoon networks Toonami that meets every aspect of my childhood fantasy. A main character with the same physical attributes as myself but with super princess powers from the moon, cute outfit, fighting monsters, and a hot love interest... but that was only the thing the hooked me although not life changing. The part that changed my life was the fascination with the style for animation. This was the first time I had laid eyes on a cartoon that wasn't made by Disney or Nickelodeon, it was so pretty "like extra flowers". I began to dive into all the anime i could get. Bootlegs, pricey imports, all my allowance spent vhs cassettes and manga... it opened up my world all different kinds of media. I have followed that love of imagery to my adult years pursuing it at the university with art history, more than that I have found my true self through anime and accept that I am a nerd. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that whether seen as childish or not anime has shaped who I am and I appreciate good anime and those who enjoy it with me. so thanks sailor moon

2. Likes SuXrys liked this post
    Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Plus, she would never turn her back on a friend...she was always there to the end. Great to hear how anime affected your world...with me it was Starblazers and Battle of the Planets. Turned my would upside down. lol

4. Likes SuXrys liked this post
    Member ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti has a reputation beyond repute ladymulti's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2013 01:33 PM
    Threads

Default Re: How Sailor Moon changed my life

Sounds similar to me. I was "introduced" to anime via Sailor Moon; my brother brought it home on VHS recordings from college; I was 13 or 14, can't really remember my age. I'd never heard of it before. After watching it I realized one of my favorite childhood movies was also an anime (Unico). Soon there after my brother introduced me to Tenchi and Slayers.. Sailor Moon, Tenchi, and Slayers were the first anime I purchased; Slayers was the first I completed buying.. Sailor Moon was the first bootleg/fansub I saw and I began collecting manga through my buying the Sailor Moon "comic" in the loose issues at the time, haha~ and the pattern of anime/manga obsession flowed from there.

I also would have never taught myself to draw if it weren't for Sailor Moon; the first drawing I say I ever really intended to draw for the sake of truly drawing was when I paused the tv and drew "Serena"/Usagi from the frozen frame.

Really, I try to imagine my life as if I never was introduced to anime through Sailor Moon; I don't really see anything.. I get inspired to write/work-on my original stories by anime sometimes; and I also use fanfiction as practice.
    ..I recall being really badly depressed before I began watching Sailor Moon, as well. Haha, now I'm thinking too much.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information