AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So what do you see in my future?

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Default Re: So what do you see in my future?

Stop posting in this spam thread of shame and sickness.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

@Wio A lot of his posts now are a direct 360 of his first claims.

And, as @Shinn Kamiyra said, he's just a source of amusement. Yes, I've harped on him, and I'll probably do it again. He just makes it easy. His posts are nonsensical. More so then most of the stuff that gets posted on AF. As is evident by his frequent banning.

3. Likes L0ll1r0t liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
    Hrm... I don't believe his problem lies in saying mean things to people, which he really doesn't.
    I'm not saying its his problem. It's the opposite. One aspect in which he is more mature than certain members here is that in spite of being taunted by other members, he rarely lowers himself to that standard.

Take a recent blog post of his, "Omg hot irl babes!!!!!!", as a prime example. He said he just wanted to prove that he can find real life girls to be attractive. But, really, after all the nonsense we've already dealt with in arguing about his obsession with only finding anime girls attractive, is there any doubt as to his intent behind that entry? I certainly don't think so.
    There is no reason for anyone to get worked up about his ability or lack there of to find real life girls attractive. Am I missing anything here?

A far more recent example is in his comment in the recent "Vancouver" thread in which he suggested that the whole thing was a conspiracy. Again, nonsense, and really in no way constructive or amusing.
    That was a garbage thread made so members could make nonsense posts to see who would make the biggest funny. There was no discussion to be had anyway. Amusement is a subjective thing. This means that things which amuse one person might not amuse another and vice-versa. But even if it were an objective thing as you imply, and he was objectively not amusing, there would still be no problem here.

You may well be right in that he simply has unpopular opinions and that some of our members may be intolerant, but then I can't really blame them.
    I can and will blame people for childish behavior, and I mean that with the negative connotation of the word. If you don't like what someone has to say, then you ignore it or disagree with it. When I see a bunch of members trying to one up each other in taunts and image macros I feel like I'm in middle school again.

5. Likes Lunafreya Fleuret liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    One aspect in which he is more mature than certain members here is that in spite of being taunted by other members, he rarely lowers himself to that standard.
    VG555 has standards?

/trollface.jpg

And in all seriousness, you realise that the reason he gets taunted by everyone here is because all he does is post stupid threads that you can't reply to without some form of ridicule in your response?

Also if he had any maturity, he'd stop posting said stupid threads. Your call.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

7. Likes Shinn Kamiyra liked this post
    Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying its his problem. It's the opposite. One aspect in which he is more mature than certain members here is that in spite of being taunted by other members, he rarely lowers himself to that standard.
    Oh? Well that is one way to think about it, I suppose, and I would have to agree that he doesn't lower himself to the standard of simply mocking others. He's much more creative than that. In classic style he continually spams our forum with his nonsense posts, baiting our fellow AFers with his ridiculous threads, such as this one for example, etc.

I can appreciate someone who at least makes the attempt not to be boring, though that isn't always the case with VG555. To that, I say...

Quote Originally Posted by Wio
    There is no reason for anyone to get worked up about his ability or lack there of to find real life girls attractive. Am I missing anything here?
    Nah, no real reason to get worked up 'bout it, just like there isn't any reason to get worked up about anything he does, hence why I said he isn't to be taken seriously. Regardless, doesn't mean we can't find his ridiculous attempts to prove he isn't just obsessed with anime girls amusing. ;D

That was a garbage thread made so members could make nonsense posts to see who would make the biggest funny. There was no discussion to be had anyway. Amusement is a subjective thing. This means that things which amuse one person might not amuse another and vice-versa. But even if it were an objective thing as you imply, and he was objectively not amusing, there would still be no problem here.
    Amusement really isn't the case here. What he said, while still not being in any way funny by the way, is merely indicative of how he fails to make even a remotely constructive comment, one way or the other.

I can and will blame people for childish behavior, and I mean that with the negative connotation of the word. If you don't like what someone has to say, then you ignore it or disagree with it. When I see a bunch of members trying to one up each other in taunts and image macros I feel like I'm in middle school again.
    Well, unlike Middle School, VG555 has always had the option of leaving AF, which he's had a number of occasions to do given the number of times he's been banned. Yet he continually returns here, knowing full well what awaits him. Perhaps it's simply in that he's found some measure of tolerance here, by which I mean he hasn't yet received the permaban hammer here as he has in other forums, that he continues to stay.

And, quite frankly, we have tried to disagree with him. It's how we went about it when he first came here, and I do believe everyone who was involved during said time remembers how well that one turned out. :/
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 06-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

That depends on how you look at it, I suppose. Although, in my opinion, the kids giving the taunts and the kid acting stupid so that he WILL get taunted are both the same type of immature and there is honestly no point in comparing the two. VG555 may not reciprocate the taunts but what he does is try to get a rise out of people (which he unfortunately does), to get them TO taunt him, which is just as stupid as the taunts themselves.

I can't help but agree with you here. While I sometimes post silly pics in VG555 threads (if I care to find them and depending on what they are), the back and forth taunts do get on my nerves.

In my past experience with trolls (which VG555 obviously is), I have learned that obsessive taunts do nothing except make a thread longer. There's no point. In fact, depending on the troll, the negative attention is what they want. The phrase "don't feed the troll" is apparently lost on people who only care about proving that they are smarter than a proven idiot.

Some members find VG555 to be a source of amusement. A quick look at my sig will tell you that I don't. Acting like an idiot is not something I find "amusing" (on AF or in real life). Some people don't mind him being here while I would much rather see him permabanned for acting like a jackass (the fact that he makes others act out just as badly doesn't help either).
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 06-17-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

10. Thanks L0ll1r0t thanked for this post
    Likes L0ll1r0t liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Some people don't mind him being here while I would much rather see him permabanned for acting like a jackass.
    You don't want to know the number of times I have mentioned the words "permaban" and "VG555" to other members of staff; you're not alone in that regard.

On the other hand, until that day comes I'm going to continue facepalming at his posts. I'm also sure I'm not alone in that regard.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

evolving into a troll we can rely and be proud of

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    You don't want to know the number of times I have mentioned the words "permaban" and "VG555" to other members of staff; you're not alone in that regard.

On the other hand, until that day comes I'm going to continue facepalming at his posts. I'm also sure I'm not alone in that regard.
    I doen't make sense. Why don't they permaban him already? *facepalm* Well as long as he doesn't find and join the forum that i'm working on as a Admin, i guess i'll be ok.
    Last edited by Token Black Guy; 06-18-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    That depends on how you look at it, I suppose. Although, in my opinion, the kids giving the taunts and the kid acting stupid so that he WILL get taunted are both the same type of immature and there is honestly no point in comparing the two. VG555 may not reciprocate the taunts but what he does is try to get a rise out of people (which he unfortunately does), to get them TO taunt him, which is just as stupid as the taunts themselves.
    The assumption at work here is he knows better and is acting in a certain way intentionally, thus he could change if he wanted. I.E. he is a troll. I'm still on the fence, but from what I've seen the likelihood that he is sincere and can't help his awkwardness is higher than you think.

I generally don't post about my life on forums, but in this case it's quite relevant.
    When I was an elementary schoolboy I was friends with this guy in his late 20s, mainly because he lived close to us with his parents. He was very different. The things he said were often awkward, non sequitur, and unintentionally inconsiderate. He broke a lot of social norms and was unashamed. This drew hostility of others, mainly children and adolescents but occasionally from adults too. Even I was somewhat of a dick to him at first. People would say lots of cruel things to him, yet he rarely retaliated. Many of the insults went over his head, but some did hit home, they did hurt him, and I remember that pain most vividly. The weirdest part of it all is that he would associate with other kids regardless of how mean they were to him, so long as they were willing to play with him.
    I was a bit of a bully until I finally realized that he couldn't help the way he was. He had a some sort of mental illness. Although he was different he wasn't malicious or hateful, so was it fair to be mean to him? I'm not diagnosing VG555 as a troll or a sincere, special person. The situations look similar to me, so I find it very distasteful to find the least. On the other hand, I'm a bit accustomed to such awkward behavior, so I can't sympathize as much with the annoyed members.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshin
    And in all seriousness, you realise that the reason he gets taunted by everyone here is because all he does is post stupid threads that you can't reply to without some form of ridicule in your response?
    Have you ever seen me ridicule him? If you can't help but ridicule, you don't post at all. It'd be different if you didn't have plenty of time to figure out the kind of person he is.
    Last edited by Wio; 06-17-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Wio I was starting to think the same but doing a search shows forums where he has both trolls and actually contributes. Could be a case he chooses specific sites to "troll" and sites he doesn't. There's also a chance someone else is using the same user name but it's unlikely to out of a few random one offs.

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    @Wio I was starting to think the same but doing a search shows forums where he has both trolls and actually contributes. Could be a case he chooses specific sites to "troll" and sites he doesn't. There's also a chance someone else is using the same user name but it's unlikely to out of a few random one offs.
    You should post the link.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You should post the link.
    To which one, the trolling or the helping?

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's not really a matter of trolling or helping. It's a matter of mannerism. If he makes a post where he totally contradicts what he has said here or his mannerism is not as oblivious as they are here, then post the link here.
    Last edited by Wio; 06-18-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    I did a search too and noticed the same thing.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

More of a matter that he behaves differently on the sites he contributes to. He's not actually posting random stuff. Case in point:

Archived version since they locked 90% of the site to guests.

EDIT: Seems AF has blocked the site name.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 06-18-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We could go to AF chat, or you could use a visitor message?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Since he's been banned, I'm losing the thread.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information