AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage Legalized in Iowa

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

I have no problem with the word "marriage" being used for both heterosexual and homosexual (or, heck, even polygamist) unions, but for those who do seem to have a problem with it, why not just give everyone "unions" (or something like that) as far as the government is concerned and then let churches/temples/the like decide who's actually "married?"
    That way, the churches/temples/whatever could still "marry" people, seeing as "marriage" would have no legal definition, being replaced by "union" or whatever other word or phrase you'd like. Since, then, "married" would mean nothing, legally speaking, they could still refuse marriages based on their morality without denying individuals their rights and jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.

Someone else has to have said this before me, but I thought I'd just toss it into this particular thread, too.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    I have no problem with the word "marriage" being used for both heterosexual and homosexual (or, heck, even polygamist) unions, but for those who do seem to have a problem with it, why not just give everyone "unions" (or something like that) as far as the government is concerned and then let churches/temples/the like decide who's actually "married?"
    That way, the churches/temples/whatever could still "marry" people, seeing as "marriage" would have no legal definition, being replaced by "union" or whatever other word or phrase you'd like. Since, then, "married" would mean nothing, legally speaking, they could still refuse marriages based on their morality without denying individuals their rights and jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.

Someone else has to have said this before me, but I thought I'd just toss it into this particular thread, too.
    I agree with you there. It's really silly how "married" continues to be a legal status.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The problem is that as much as they squawk about "protecting the sanctity of marriage" and what not, the fundamental truth is the vast majority of the people who are against gay marriage don't care about the marriage part at all and are just against gays. They don't want the government to extend to a homosexual couple the same rights that are extended to a heterosexual couple. That's why the dozens of attempts to do things similar to this almost always are doomed to fail.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    The problem is that as much as they squawk about "protecting the sanctity of marriage" and what not, the fundamental truth is the vast majority of the people who are against gay marriage don't care about the marriage part at all and are just against gays. They don't want the government to extend to a homosexual couple the same rights that are extended to a heterosexual couple. That's why the dozens of attempts to do things similar to this almost always are doomed to fail.
    Of course, since it changes nothing but language, so nothing practical is changed, but it would force them to take up an even weaker argument or appear unreasonable if they blocked it. It makes for a good political move, even if it failed or would have little to no effect.
    I'd really like to see what they come up with if it succeeded, though, just for amusement if nothing else. If they're pushed into situations where the current arguments no longer apply, they'd have to stoop to arguments so silly as to be laughable or stop being disingenuous jerks, and if they were honest, they'd be marginalized far more quickly.
    Generally, if you invalidate a cover argument, the other side must either make another hastily (and usually poorly), admit and reveal their true motivations or resort to shouting matches. None would do well for them, politically or socially. There are more people on the fence than one might think, given my experiences, and it could move them.
    Besides, I always try to attack an argument where it's weakest first, and this one is pretty darned weak.

Some might say it's a tad underhanded, but it wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 05-15-2009 at 01:15 AM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Of course, since it changes nothing but language, so nothing practical is changed, but it would force them to take up an even weaker argument or appear unreasonable if they blocked it. It makes for a good political move, even if it failed or would have little to no effect.
    I'd really like to see what they come up with if it succeeded, though, just for amusement if nothing else. If they're pushed into situations where the current arguments no longer apply, they'd have to stoop to arguments so silly as to be laughable or stop being disingenuous jerks, and if they were honest, they'd be marginalized far more quickly.
    Generally, if you invalidate a cover argument, the other side must either make another hastily (and usually poorly), admit and reveal their true motivations or resort to shouting matches. None would do well for them, politically or socially. There are more people on the fence than one might think, given my experiences, and it could move them.
    Besides, I always try to attack an argument where it's weakest first, and this one is pretty darned weak.

Some might say it's a tad underhanded, but it wouldn't hurt.
    Well, it would hurt because the counter argument is that you're just playing semantic games (which is true). They can then use that fact to vulcanize their base ("See what fools they think we are?"). The worst thing you can do with someone with a week argument is hand them a strong one. That it's immaterial to the actual issue isn't important as far as rhetoric goes.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

That DOES sound oddly familiar. I wonder why... oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cless Alvein View Post

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's a wonder that this thread is still even open.

Having said that, I do not want to see any more spam or flaming, or I'll close it myself.

Senior Member Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2009 09:38 PM
    Threads

I apologize for introducing politics into this discussion, but the RNC chief recently argued that gay marriage will somehow become a financial burden on business.

I'm sorry, but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Just for the record, I'm not attacking the Republican party as a whole, but I am most definitely attacking their stance on gay marriage as well as Steele's frightfully ignorant opinion.
    === TaikutsuRemedy.blogspot.com Click on it...AND READ IT! ===

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Taikutsu_Remedy View Post
    I apologize for introducing politics into this discussion, but the RNC chief recently argued that gay marriage will somehow become a financial burden on business.

Just for the record, I'm not attacking the Republican party as a whole, but I am most definitely attacking their stance on gay marriage as well as Steele's frightfully ignorant opinion.
    Don't be sorry at all! This is highly relevant.

I agree with you, it's total bull. I can't believe someone would go that far to come up with a way to appeal to younger voters without really changing party policies. Disgusting. I would be very curious to see what evidence he dare to provide to support such a claim.

Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, it would hurt because the counter argument is that you're just playing semantic games (which is true). They can then use that fact to vulcanize their base ("See what fools they think we are?"). The worst thing you can do with someone with a week argument is hand them a strong one. That it's immaterial to the actual issue isn't important as far as rhetoric goes.
    Point taken.
    You think that would actually be more effective than the current "Sacred!" argument they use, though? They're both pretty mindless, good only for rallying those that are already convinced, as far as I can tell.
    I suppose, though, that in that light, not very much is necessary or useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikutsu_Remedy
    That's pretty silly.
    The issue would be the same were there more heterosexual marrages, too. If he really wanted to help the small businesses more, he could do away with heterosexual marriages as well. There! Even greater benefit, by far!

His use of "bling" is priceless. I would've thought he'd been ridiculed for it enough by now that he'd cut it out, but he's still trying, the stubborn fool.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 05-17-2009 at 05:39 AM.

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Another step.

Surrounded by about 300 people — most of them gay and lesbians couples and their children — Gov. Chris Gregoire on Monday signed legislation giving registered same-sex domestic partners all the rights and benefits that Washington now offers married couples.
    More...

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

=D I read about that. Gregoire may not be the best governor ever, but man was that a good thing to read.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's great!

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

That's an abomination and God isn't pleased with that. They can call it whatever they want to that isn't marriage.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-18-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    That's an abomination and God isn't pleased with that. They can call it whatever they want to that isn't marriage.
    Of course you'd say that, Mavericker!

So, we can call it voting or whatever we want but when women do it, it's really not voting? Oh, and scientists can call us whatever they want but girls aren't human, we're just the makings of Adam's rib cage.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Celestial Aria Seraphim SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2009 09:50 AM
    Among other seraphims in the celestral plains singing arias of great splendor.
    Threads

Yellow7, you should really stop bashing those who choose to live the lifestyle they want.

It isn't very nice.

Since it has nothing to do with your desolate lonely life, you should leave them alone.

You have a strange obsession with the gay community.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimAriaRadiance View Post
    At one point, yellow7 came crying for consolation to ASMB for talking trash about gay marriage at G4tv.com forums. Once the good ASMB folks realized "it" was gay bashing, They show "it" no mercy what so ever.
    Question: are you on this site just because Mavericker is? You seem to be everywhere he is (and taking every opportunity to mention his "exploits" on other sites).

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Question: are you on this site just because Mavericker is? You seem to be everywhere he is (and taking every opportunity to mention his "exploits" on other sites).
    That's why I have her on ignore-and to answer your question I think so. Don't listen to whatever lies and slander she's posting-it's not her business what I do here or on other sites. She's trying to make fun. I don't appreciate people posting these things. Telling people what the Bible says about gays isn't bashing them. I'm not going to agree with anything gays tell me because God hates what they are doing.

I don't like nicknames. Does anyone want to know what other names I use on other sites, like DCComics.com? No.

Mavericker is still my main over at ASMB.

The Bible says these are the end-times. I'm not surprised-I'm praying that President Obama does something about this.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-19-2009 at 04:28 AM.

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Quote Originally Posted by Daris View Post
    I really doubt all the other states will follow Iowa.
    Maine has now also legalized Gay marriage.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_197850.html

I'm glad more states are doing this, even if it IS slowly~

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's why I have her on ignore-and to answer your question I think so. Don't listen to whatever lies and slander she's posting-it's not her business what I do here or on other sites. She's trying to make fun. I don't appreciate people posting these things. Telling people what the Bible says about gays isn't bashing them. I'm not going to agree with anything gays tell me because God hates what they are doing.

I don't like nicknames. Does anyone want to know what other names I use on other sites, like DCComics.com? No.

The Bible says these are the end-times. I'm not surprised-I'm praying that President Obama does something about this.
    Obama isn't against gays, lesbians, bisexuals, etc.
    It sounds like you want George W. Bush back in office more than anything.

BORK-EH BORK-EH BORK-EH.
    Oh yellow7, how you entertain us ever so.

I think that eventually, we'll catch up as a society here in the USA, and extend equal/civil rights to all good people, regardless of religion, sexual orientation, etc. We know that change doesn't come overnight, and it was shown to us by minorities and women that it is possible, but it takes perseverance, with just a little help from the Supreme Court.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Mav-poo, since you're convinced these are the 'end-times', why don't you go pack up and move into a nice, safe cave somewhere while we burn in our metropolises full of sin?

Go ahead and get started on that. Meanwhile I think I'll take my lesbian bff out to lunch and a totally hetero happydance.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Mav-poo, since you're convinced these are the 'end-times', why don't you go pack up and move into a nice, safe cave somewhere while we burn in our metropolises full of sin?

Go ahead and get started on that. Meanwhile I think I'll take my lesbian bff out to lunch and a totally hetero happydance.
    Well, the Bible said that the world was supposed to end within the lives of the people watching Jesus prophesise, but they also said soon so maybe soon means "1900 years from now" and there are still people living from Jesus' time thus his prophecy is still valid. Or else the Bible is wrong about something, but no, that couldn't be the case. The Bible says the Bible is inerrant.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

My mother says the same thing, that these are the end times. I'm really curious about that. Like, can you point out what prophesies in the bible can be seen in society? I don't see anyone with the mark of the beast or anything like that.

Anyway, to stay on topic and in response to Kishiro, anyone who doesn't think gay marriage will be legalized is living in a dream world. It's only a matter of time. I'm just hoping that by the time I want to get married I'll have the option.

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For what it's worth, I found this list of 26 sure signs the end is nigh. I think Yellow7 might be referring to number two on this list, but take it at your own value (I'm not sure if it's all accurate or not): http://bibleprobe.com/end-time-signs.htm

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, the Bible said that the world was supposed to end within the lives of the people watching Jesus prophesise, but they also said soon so maybe soon means "1900 years from now" and there are still people living from Jesus' time thus his prophecy is still valid. Or else the Bible is wrong about something, but no, that couldn't be the case. The Bible says the Bible is inerrant.
    Wells, the ways I sees its, the Bible isn't inerrant, but Mavericker is. And since Mavericker is infallible, and he says the Bible is truth, the Bible is inerrant.

Totally works!

Closed Thread

Thread Information